the Rift

[PRIVATE] Singing Sorrow into Empty Air

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Sad green and silver eyes.

That’s all Kota could remember, could focus on. Two large, innocent eyes staring at her from a hollow face, drawn and depressed, lost in the darkness inside her own mind. Hotaru had lost so much. Raeden was nowhere to be found, and Phaedra was distant because of it, not that Hotaru had ever been comfortable around the two anyways due to her quiet nature and low self-esteem when comparing herself to the two beautiful does. Finally, Lakota had gone to her, holding her while she screamed and cried and shouted her anguish to the skies. There was a fire lurking inside her, one she was slowly becoming aware of, very slowly. It was still hidden beneath her submissiveness, but Lakota was shocked by the strength displayed in her spirit the day she’d crumbled. Somehow, she suspected when her little firefly grew up that she’d have twice the guts, courage, and strength of Lakota herself. It was something she was candidly proud of. Ru would carry on the Grey name with pride, and she knew it.

So when the Poisoner had heard her mention yet another name, two in fact, Lakota had started listening around. Tingal. Who was this fellow? She knew he’d approached their borders once, but had not met him face to face. Across Helovia she’d pricked her ears, tracing him back to the source on the trail he’d left behind him. Stolen. Thieved away in the night by the wench in the Assassins, the group Lakota hated so fiercely. Ao had kept Hotaru company during the long nights, weeks, that Lakota had spent tracking down the tiger hybrid. And when night had fallen, she’d stolen him back from the bitch who’d taken away the friend of someone she loved very dearly. Kota almost felt as if she was snatching back a toy stolen from a child, only to hand it back lovingly to soothe raucous tears. Not that the massive striped stallion was anything close to a toy, but if a tiny thing like Lakota could steal him back, she could care less.

Leading him in silence back to the Foothills, if for sanctuary more than recruitment, violet irises gazed towards the towering pines, mind reaching out over the land to Aodaun. It was not an extreme distance, but she flashed him the images of her and the brute walking, quietly whispering to him in a language he could not quite imitate that they were on their way. Obediently the ivory bear went to fetch Hotaru where she was curled up and sleeping a few paces away from where he sat, a stone guardian protecting her in slumber. A black nose nudged at her forelock-veiled face, snuffling and whining softly until she made a soft noise and blinked her hetero irises up at him. Lakota sent her love through to her bear as she viewed snippets of this exchange, more than proud of him and already yearning to have him at her side once more. The days she’d been apart from him had killed her, and the wiry dame was desperate enough to consider leaving the lumbering stallion behind to sprint all the way through the forest to a place she could feel like a strong pull, knowing exactly where her other half-soul was. But she did not, because Hotaru had no idea why she had left her side, why Ao had stayed, and what Lakota had set out to do when she’d left.

Stopping a few feet inside the borders, Lakota turned sharply to face the amber and emerald eyes of her technical prisoner. Surveyed him for a few long, long moments. Finally she spoke, her voice like silk and dark chocolate in the quiet of the night that never ended. ”You are no prisoner of mine, tiger. I have retrieved you not for reasons of my own, and I’m sure you’re curious as to why I have stolen you back.” Shifting fully, she sent a mental question mark to her Prince, receiving an image back in return of a sleepy, yawning Hotaru walking and clumsily tripping after Aodaun, who led her on towards Lakota and Tingal. She didn’t have much time. ”In these borders, there is someone very precious to me. Someone innocent and heartbroken. I’m sure you know her, she speaks of you often, and highly. Hotaru is like a daughter or a niece to me. I cannot bear to see her in such sorrow.” Her plum orbs gazed off into the distance, face grim and eyes sad, a clear betrayal of just how bad it had gotten, just how far Ru had fallen into depression and loneliness while Lakota had been absent from her life, too caught up in her own troubles with Arah and Ktulu.

Sighing softly, the wiry femme turned to gaze behind her, and though no figures were forthcoming, the bond between she and Ao grew stronger with every passing moment as the distance grew shorter. Turning back to Tingal, her face hardened into stone, the visage of a protector ready to go through hell and back for her charge. ”I did not bring you back so you could leave her again. If you hurt her, I will kill you. I have the godly gifts to do so, and I will never regret killing for Ru. Harm is not something I will threaten you with, because I will not stop at wounding you. You will die.” Sweet honey voice was deadly as she spoke this promise, this solemn vow. They were the truest words to ever have fallen from her dark lips, and she’d have little difficulty or problem with following through with her vows should he ever toe the line of acceptability. Softening her features into a weary expression, exhausted from being away from home and loved ones for so long, from worrying over Ru and Ao, she lifted her mulberry gazers to Tingal a final time. ”Just...make her happy, got it? She’s all alone now, I can only do so much in my position. I can’t stand to see her so broken...please, I beg you, just...make her smile again.” Lyrics heartbroken and desperate, eyes teary and blurred, the Poisoner turned and began to stride towards Aodaun and Hotaru, and finally she saw his white fur through the trees.

Hotaru blinked sleepily at her, yawning again while Ao raced to Lakota’s side and twined between her legs excitedly, only staying quiet when Lakota quietly reminded him through their bond that Ru was tired. To be honest, she was as well, but Ao was more than looking forward to sleeping with his Princess once more. One green eye blinks blearily up at her, and Lakota smiles gently at her charge. Reaching down she pressed their muzzles together lovingly, her body blocking Ru from Tingal’s view, and sighed softly as she inhaled her familiar sweet scent. As she pulled away, a sweet voice followed her, soft with sleep and love. ”Auntie? Where have you been? What’s going on? Is something wrong? Are you okay?” Lakota laughed softly, love touching her and making her feel like she’d burst with the amount she reveled in. ”Everything is fine, Taru. I was gone because I was doing something for you. Just remember I love you, Taru. I want to see you happy again. Now I need to go sleep, I’m an old lady, can’t run around all over Helovia anymore,” she laughed softly, teasing herself. Hotaru laughed in reply, just as quiet as if they were sharing this conversation within a few breaths of space, meant for no other ears. ”You’re not old, Auntie! I love you too,” the roseate fae giggled in reply, nuzzling her Aunt lovingly. Lakota smiled and bumped her muzzle against Hotaru’s cheek, finally stepping away to dissolve into the shadows like she’d never left them, Aodaun following adoringly after, both ready to sleep in a warm bundle beneath their chosen willow. It was time for Hotaru to stand on her own again.

A sharp gasp came from the coral filly, her eyes widening until it looked as if she’d seen a ghost. For a long moment she merely stood there, unable to speak or move, and then all at once she threw herself into motion. ”TINGAL!” The cry tore from her throat and she ran on her long legs towards the tall stallion, eyes suddenly glistening with tears, bracing to crash into his chest should he allow it, simply needing to feel him and smell him and know he was really there.

@[Tingal]

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Messages In This Thread
Singing Sorrow into Empty Air - by Lakota - 08-02-2013, 02:44 AM
RE: Singing Sorrow into Empty Air - by Tingal - 08-02-2013, 11:57 AM
RE: Singing Sorrow into Empty Air - by Odd - 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Singing Sorrow into Empty Air - by Kaj - 08-02-2013, 05:21 PM
RE: Singing Sorrow into Empty Air - by Hotaru - 08-06-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Singing Sorrow into Empty Air - by Tingal - 08-08-2013, 12:37 AM