the Rift

[OPEN] Afterglow

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

@[Confutatis]

[Time wise this is after the RE attacks.]

The ground swayed beneath as wings tilted above. Black on black save for the speckling of blues, like her own stars caught in the mesh of her feathers, Ampere cut through the night sky.
It was rather redundant to call it anything but the sky these days. It was always the same sky. It was always night.

At least it's night and not that nothingness, she thought with a daring spark of hope. As if in appreciation she lifted her gaze, the electric sea meeting the silver smile of the moon.

Ampere exhaled forcefully, her attention now pivoted downwards. She was preparing herself to land, a new found challenge after the damage dealt to her legs from the magma monster.
Her wings pulled back and she grit her teeth. She angled her appendages so that they cupped the wind like parachutes, softening the descent into a slow circle and subtle alteration from wind to earth.
It was not subtle enough.

Never good at doing things slowly Ampere came in too hard and too fast, her back hooves taking the brunt of the landing but her front ones coming down not soon after to carry her momentum and her weight forward out of the glide. Her features pulled taut in a wince, and thinking herself alone, it manifested as a small out cry of pain.
She stumbled as the raw bottom of her hooves met the grit and warmth of the stone, causing her right hoof to roll and set her fetlock against the rock work of the cliffside. Lacking hair or hide from a good burn the skin immediately wept and her eyes threatened to do the same.

Ampere caught her balance, wings snapping out on either side to assist, and eventually her landing came to a finale.
Winded, Ampere hobbled over to the nearest shrine - the Goddess of the Moon - and leaned against it. The mountain was more than happy to take her weight, and it helped, but it felt much better to fly and be completely off her feet.
Except that then my wings ache too.

Ampere sighed.

The pegasus mare had no notion she set her body weight upon the religious site of the Moon Goddess. Partly because she was still uneducated on much of Helovia, but mostly because the majority of the shrine and its siblings were in ruins.
After catching her breath some Ampere glanced around at the sculpting of the volcano, wondering to herself what madness drove her to the hottest place in the land after just dancing with the fire demon.

In her heart she knew though.

Ampere had exhausted her energy, both mental and physical, in surviving the darkest winter of the world, a darkness that sunk much deeper than the sky. The absence of the sun had been cruelty enough and the loss of the stars and the moon had been the rainstorm on a bad day, but the hollow sensation of lacking magic had shaken Ampere to her core - once she was there she found ti unraveling.

Confusion and fear had led her most nights...days...whatever the continuation of unnatural nothingness could even be called. Her body hung lean, her skin loose on some prominent points of bone, all signs of the wear that comes with living alone. Having no home and no family had always been a desired trait in Ampere's view, but it was always hard, something that she took pride in accomplishing. This time though, it was damn near impossible and she feared that she may have seen her last sunrise all those dark hours ago. She feared it not because she thought the sun would never rise again, although that wriggling worm of doubt existed, but because she didn't think she could survive until then.

If spring had come she didn't know it without the world warming under the caress of the sun.

Miserable and lost beyond compare Ampere had in her desperation turned to the one thing she had never needed before, Religion.
Ampere had never found the idea of gods ruling over her an appealing one, but in her traveling times she had come to know of so many gods she couldn't be bothered to half-heartedly believe the tales regardless of her personal opinion of the beings. Every culture had their own design and to Ampere it all related back to childhood brainwashing and an ever pressing terror of what is not understood.
For that Ampere was grateful that all her dam had cherished was good looking stallions and great tasting flowers.
It left her childhood pristine and permitted her to grow into a belief, which turned out to be an absence of one.

At least, until lately.

Ampere had believed that the sun rose and set every day, that the wind was alive and mated to the water, both moving and able to be calm as well as tempestuous. She had believed that the dirt had a pulse and like the rest of them shed its hair - foliage - with the turns of the seasons led by the sky.
All of them, it, were living and free like she was, but neither ruling the other or having a mind to do so. They thrived in balance and things simply were.

And then the sun never rose.

None of it made any sense and Ampere found her grip on reality waning as the shadows threatened to close in on her. She had returned to Helovia in the hopes of finding out something, having remembered and abundance of magic users and talk of gods and elements here. Thus far no one knew any more than she did, although she had found that one boy, Hototo, who could still juice his magic. He didn't know why, but that he could was at least something.

Since then Ampere noticed some others using magic, like Gaucho when fighting that monster.
None of those magic users included her though.

This is why Ampere had come here. Not to convert or beg or to die, hopefully. Ampere came to understand, to vent, to live, like she always had. She didn't know if there were gods or not or if there were what they would care about mortals at all, least of all herself, but she figured talking to old rocks and thinking the gods could hear through them was no better or worse than talking to herself in the endless, cold, dark.

"Are you there God? Or gods? It's hard to keep track of how many are supposed to live where... If you're listening, or whatever it is you things do when we talk, I just want you all to know you're right dicks. Each and every one of you a raging dick..." Ampere trailed off for a minute, frowning into the night.
"No, no, wait. I'm wrong. A dick is too much of a good thing, you're much more like a winking vagina, lathered in... wait I got it now. Assholes. You're diarrhea filled assholes."
Now satisfied that she had insulted them properly Ampere was finally able to continue the rest of her conversation.
"I mean taking away our magic and then giving it back to some select few? What the hell is that about. Are they the ones that go to church the most? You manipulative assholes!"

"I mean I'm grateful for the stars and moon being back and all, and I guess for those strange, glowing trees. I dunno, they're not to my liking - hey can you eat those by the way? If I eat them will I start glowing?

Anyway, we could really use some goddamn warmth around this place. You know, the burning ball in the sky, the sun! I mean of all the things to take you fucked up taking that. Pretty much everything is probably dead by now. I can understand if we pissed you off, but I don't see how you could be mad at a flower, but you killed them all the same."

After a long pause, "Such asses."

L EAVE THE PAST BEHIND, WALK AWAY | AND THE CRACKS BEGIN TO S HOW

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Afterglow - by Ampere - 08-03-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Adalaide - 08-04-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Ampere - 08-04-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Adalaide - 08-05-2013, 12:37 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Hespera - 08-05-2013, 11:30 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Ampere - 08-06-2013, 12:03 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Adalaide - 08-07-2013, 09:19 AM
RE: Afterglow - by Ampere - 09-04-2013, 11:52 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Adalaide - 09-07-2013, 12:38 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Ampere - 09-10-2013, 12:57 PM