the Rift

Them Bones

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Res shifted her weight, someone had offered a trip and she hadn't payed too much attention to what for when it was offered. A safety net would be around her, so it seemed, as she knew that Kaj could easily protect the group and that the one who had decided to lead the group. Of course, when the words of the marsh had been mentioned she was a little put off. But upon second thought she decided that maybe it was time that she took a trip back there with a clearer mind to pay her respects.

So they had set off, and her mind was slowly taken over by the images of Rowan dying, and of the black one with the blood dripping off of his horn. There was some conversation along the trek, but she didn't allow most of it to filter into her ear. Instead, she concentrated upon measured movements, hoofbeats in a precise rhythm to keep her mind off of the nightmares that were forever lurking in her brain. Questions about if they had traveled so far. And then, his gaze turned toward her, a smile upon his lips. He knew no different - Kaj knew no different - though it still stung deep in her mind. He offered his name and she gave a light bob of her head before subtly inching a bit closer toward the winged one she trusted to protect her more than the others.

She let out a short breath before allowing her silken chords to permeate the air. "I have, actually, sir. I-I... lost a dear friend not too long ago... in this marsh..." she explained her voice breaking a little before returning to the comment on the process of names. "My name is Resplendence. It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, and your's too, Luken." she whispered, eyes searching the darkest areas of the marsh for the mechanical one who had caused her all of this pain.

Upon getting toward the deepest portion of the marsh they came across the jumps of islands with multiple trees around - very similar to the area she had run into Rowan - and Destrier gave a few words of thanks for volunteering. And then, he began to dig. Digging. Not necessarily something she wanted to do, especially if it came to being sucked in the waters like the myths. And she was definitely not about to touch the bloated bodies that had been so near Rowan. She didn't want to come across her body in these marshes. "I can prod around with a branch? Perhaps if I find something hard enough then you can start to dig down deeper?" she offered, glancing up at the tree beside her and deciding that it seemed like a better idea. So, reaching up, she broke a branch off of the tree that was beside her little island, and after positioning it in her mouth ever so slightly she began to prod around in these disgusting waters for something hard that reminded her of bone.

She poked and prodded around for a while, limbs trembling a little in uncertainty every time she felt the branch prod against something that seemed bloated or puffy. How many times that branch hit something she didn't doubt was equine in relation? Then, finally, she hit something hard, much like bone, and when she shifted it around she seemed to only get a bit more bone. Sticking it in the mud there she allowed her voice to fixate back into the air that never seemed to neglect in it's duties of making this place even eerier. "I might have something, here." she called out, to none of them in particular, just out in the open to whoever desired to attempt to take over the digging.

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Them Bones - by Destrier - 08-04-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: Them Bones - by Luken - 08-06-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Resplendence - 08-06-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Kaj - 08-09-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Destrier - 08-27-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Destrier - 01-08-2014, 02:14 PM