the Rift

[OPEN] Rings of Past Fatalities

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

During the journey back home, my leg only seemed to grow more and more numb with every step that it took. The feeling was comparable to a thousand tiny needles repeatedly poking into my knee and hock until there was practically no feeling left at all, but I pressed on towards the Edge, intent to show my newest acquaintance my, and hopefully her own, beloved home.

In the back of my mind, I wondered quietly where Harmony had wandered off to once we'd all separated and gone our own ways. She had said she'd left the World's Edge, to the Assassins of all things, but why? I hadn't wanted to engage her in such a conversation in the face of a newcomer, for that surely wouldn't be the proper way to welcome her to this new, strange land. I knew firsthand how overwhelming it could be to walk out of one life and into another, and I only wanted her to feel as safe and as welcome as I had been upon leaving Vallhea behind me.

"I apologize if Suli startled you back there," I said with a gentle smile, bister eyes turning upon the pale mare I walked with. Though the dragoness had not meant it, it didn't change the fact that the little green had nearly scared Brisa right out of her skin, and I felt the need to apologize on behalf of my speechless friend. As if understanding my words, Suli looked down at me from where she flew and gave a sharp huff. Still young, the dragoness still had quite a bit to learn in the way of manners.

By now, we had reached the borders of home, marked by the scent of my warriors and the thick, ever lingering mists that wove about the trees. It had taken us quite some time to get to where we were, but now, I could finally show why I loved the Edge so. On top of that, I looked forward to learning some more about her, too.

"Well... Here we are," my baritone voice spoke up once again, feet moving to carry us on past the borders, "I know it doesn't look much different than the Threshold given the darkness, but you'll come to recognize the borders quickly. Further north, you'll have to watch your step, as the World's Edge is called such for a reason." And I surely wouldn't want our newest member plummeting over the cliffs and into the sea far below.

Dropping talk of the land until we'd ventured further into it or come across another of my, our herdmates, I directed the topic of conversation on Brisa, hoping that the pale maiden wouldn't mind my curious questions. "... Where did you call home before this, if you do not mind my asking, Brisa? Is it far from here?"

[For @[Brisa] . Takes place after their Threshold thread; this is open for everyone after Brisa posts!]

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Rings of Past Fatalities - by Destrier - 09-16-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Brisa - 09-16-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Hellena - 09-16-2013, 11:17 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Destrier - 09-19-2013, 09:44 AM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Brisa - 09-20-2013, 02:45 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Hellena - 09-24-2013, 08:05 AM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Brisa - 10-01-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Brisa - 10-18-2013, 12:46 PM