[OPEN] But words can never hurt me

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth</style>

[Continuation from this thread - before the herd meeting]

Circe was saying something now - but it was of such minute importance that the golden girl blocked it out. Her vision swam with tears, distorting the small body in front of her. Points of starlight illuminated Stella's' brilliantly orangey-yellow face, but the avian companion's eyes remained firmly closed. As Stella's breath grew even more shallow, Phaedra realized that Circe hadn't moved. Was this really what the Grey had become? That one would attack another out of a few heated words, and then deny aid? It was true that Phaedra hardly knew the shadowmere but...but did family mean nothing to her? Phae found it harder than ever to believe, that it was Circe who had the nerve to question her honor.

Without turning back - not that Phaedra would have been able to identify Circe's magic even if she did see her strained and fixed body, she forced an answer out, through clenched teeth and moist eyes. "My apologies sugar, for thinking the warriors of this family had minds of their own to answer simple questions." With a snort, her lip curled upwards slightly as her grief for Stella was distorted into fury towards the dark's mare's continued lack of responsibility for her actions. "You are no warrior, Circe" Phaedra stated evenly, dropping her usual sugar in place for Circe's name. Her breath became ragged as she tried to restrain her anger, for Stella's sake if not her own. "A warrior does not attack their own family. Not over a question, regardless if you were the incorrect recipient of it."

She had wanted to say more - but the mare had clearly demonstrated that even the slightest provocation was enough to send her over the edge, so Phaedra clamped her teeth together with a click, refocusing upon Stella. If Circe was not going to get Apollo, then...She would have to find a way of getting him herself. Moving Stella's body, as crumpled as it seemed did not appear to be the wisest decision, but Phaedra couldn't imagine that Circe would be willing to watch over her, should Phae herself leave to find their painted leader. With an audible gulp, Phaedra tried to cradle the small body with her wings even further - thinking perhaps that she could simply lift her bonded and carry her, however awkwardly, to a safer place. As she reached under the small white body, Stella gave a bright trill of pain, sending her body into weak convulsions.

...Stella go light...

Her small voice cried out in Phaedra's mind. With a wide-eyed look of horror, Phaedra immediately pulled her wings back. Stella's body ceased to move all together, her chest rising and falling with an almost imperceptible movement. "Stella?" Phaedra whispered hesitantly, to which no reply was given.

"SSSSTELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" She suddenly screamed, her anguish forcefully raising the call high into the dark night. She screamed the name until her voice was reduced to sobs, as her wings once again wrapped protectively around the small figure.

@[Circe], @[Apollo]

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
But words can never hurt me - by Phaedra - 09-20-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: But words can never hurt me - by Circe - 09-21-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: But words can never hurt me - by Apollo - 09-22-2013, 07:49 AM
RE: But words can never hurt me - by Odd - 09-22-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: But words can never hurt me - by Circe - 09-22-2013, 05:16 PM