Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

Resplendence</style>

FROM THE SCRAPES AND BRUISES
TO THE FAMILIAR ABUSES
I'LL KICK AND SCREAM BUT IT NEVER CHANGES ANYTHING

The mare. She had just dropped. The edge of the cliff. It had just crumbled under her feet. Res had shot backwards, clenching on tightly to the piece of a branch with edges sharp enough to be a makeshift dagger. She wasn't going to stumble off the cliff. It was then, really, that she truly began to feel the effects of the talons upon her skin. The way that it throbbed with each beat of her heart. The way that it caused her movements to be short, and stiff. The slice cutting against her wither and into her shoulder, almost making each step a limp.

Tears were flooding her eyes again. But, whether it was from the pain that was now coursing through her veins, the emotional state she was in from Rowan's death, or her pleas to see Quil again she did not know. She just knew she suddenly felt alone. Each step was hindered, and her audit was spinning ferociously trying to take in every sound and place exactly where it was. But, of course, she couldn't accomplish that. So, she simply hoped that the stirred up mists would provide her enough shelter to trek deeper into the woods and away from where all the sparring was. She couldn't fight anymore. The injury was beginning to bother her. But that didn't matter. She just needed to keep moving.

Keep moving? Hah. The world didn't agree with that. Her right flint knocks into a huge branch that had fallen (probably from some storm in the past, but Res couldn't be sure) and with her weak muscles unable to balance on her left side the mare stumbles forward, collapsing on her face before allowing the rest of her frame to drop down as well. Completely shrouded in the mists she lay there, frame trembling uncontrollably as she shifted the wood dagger in her mouth. Please don't let anything come for me. Please... she begged to the Gods. I can't fight. I know it.

It took her a few moments, and definitely a few attempts, before she managed to figure out how to bear her weight on her front end to rock her way back to all fours. And then, she continued to struggle to move forward. Away from the noise. That's all that she wanted. The noise to stop. To find peace. The mists were no longer peaceful. They were dangerous. They were lurking with venom. They were lurking with the venom of the other herd coming to attack her home. And it sickened her. It sickened her so much.

And goodness. She should really put some herbs on her wound. But, the Healer's meeting she had gone to was way too hazy in her skull. Herbs. She needed herbs. But she couldn't remember what kind - what they looked like. She could grab the wrong one and kill herself. No. She had to live to push Rowan's memory on further. So, she was going to have to wait until she could find Smoke. If that was even possible.

Finally, she found herself falling into a section of overly protected trees. A mini grove of sorts, though she doubted it was intentional. Still, she shrugged her way in, letting out a tiny yelp of pain through clenched teeth as the bark scratched up against her still bleeding wound. It was difficult to enter, unless you were small, or you came from above. And even then it was more of a hassle than something someone would randomly do. So, she assumed she would be safe for the time being. The mists were less evident here, and she could see the ground (even if it was a little foggy). And, when she looked up the tree's towered way up, blocking out much of the moon in their canopy of branches.

The tears. They wouldn't stop falling. She sobbed, her voice muffled because of the dagger-like branch located in her maw. She wouldn't let go of it. It was her safety net for the moment. It was the only thing she could think of to protect her. Sticks and stones. Sticks and stones. That's all that she had. She was alone. She was broken. And everyone she cared about was off fighting to make sure that the Edge kept their home. What was she doing? She barely did any damage to one of the attackers, and then she ran off to hide in this random little grove of trees! She was useless, again. She was becoming the exact thing she didn't want to become. She had forgotten the little bit of healing she had started to learn before the invasion because of the shock and stress. And she was useless. Useless, laying there with a branch in her mouth for her to use like a horn to slice and dice anyone who approached.

She was scared. She was stressed. She was definitely depressed. She wasn't herself. She wasn't in a right frame of mind. And (in her raging mind) she was completely and totally alone.

850 words
Poor baby definitely having a mental breakdown from the pain and experience.
@[Kahlua] && @[Quilyan] && anyone else if they wanna join after these two

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

There is something behind the throne
Quilyan
greater than the king himself.

It had not been long after their acceptance into the herd of the Edge that the endless night had begun, bringing with it a perpetual feeling of unease and a rush of overprotective tendencies. He may not be correct in his assumption of Resplendence's reliance on him, and yet the assumption was there all the same. As the darkness wore on, he was both pleased and infuriated by her acceptance into the herd: pleased because she was so very shy, so very timid, that to see her welcomed and adored was a relief; infuriated because he was, after all, a jealous soul, and used to having his things all to himself. In another life, he would not have cared, for he would have had a different plaything every night, but here, now, she was all he wanted, and so his craving for her presence never ceased. He had taken to wandering the wilds again, not wishing to burden her with his ever-changing emotions, and so it was that he missed the invasion.

But that's getting ahead of myself.

Currently, Quilyan is flying on a path from the Endless Blue to the World's Edge. It is dark, of course, as it has been now for some time, though he finds it remarkably easy to find his way, all the same. Perhaps the gods didn't desert us, he comments to Zarina. They left us light-plants, after all. The pygmy marmoset sighs and shifts in her usual position at the base of his nape. Gods gone, she disagrees absently, his tiny fingers clutching something that gleams faintly gold in the dim light. The moon's back, at least, he reminds her, glancing up at the cloud-covered skies. A faint sense of unease permeates his excitement, for he wonders if the Mood Goddess will still be showing her face when the clouds clear, but it quickly fades. For the first time since before the invasion of the Foothills, he feels as though he has a purpose. A smile flickers across his maw, soft and shy, as he thinks of Resplendence and how she will react to his gift.

He recognizes some telltale landmark or other and begins his descent - and his smile slips quickly off his face. He can see many creatures moving in the night; they appear in pockets, barely visible through the trees and the fog, but they are there all the same. Dread floods his mind. Dropping further, so that his hooves skim the treetops, he recognizes the sounds of battle. They are all too familiar to him, and as he realizes that it sounds like the end rather than the beginning, his first thought is Resplendence. Will she have disappeared, like last time? No! They had only just found a home, only just begun to settle... she was loved here, and was coming to love others... She couldn't be lost! Not again! And then, just as desperate desolation begins to set in, he hears it. Sobbing, from a copse of trees just below him. He tucks his wings close to his body and falls through a gap in the treetops, landing outside the thick ring of trees that are currently sheltering the owner of the tears.

"Resplendence?" he calls cautiously, picking his way through the trees. "My lady?" Zarina has grown more alert with her bonded's terror and now sits upright upon his back, scanning the trees. As he steps into the sheltered grove, he is met with perhaps the oddest sight he has ever seen in his life. His beloved lies shaking and sobbing, her tail in a knot, grasping a makeshift dagger in her teeth, bleeding from various wounds. As he stares at her, he is infuriated and awestruck in equal measure. "Resplendence," he says more firmly now, forcing a soothing note into his vocals, though it is particularly hard to do as he inwardly rages. WHO DARED - WHO THE FU - I WILL KILL WHOEVER TOUCHED HER, he fumes inwardly to Zarina, who in turn chitters comfortingly from his back. He approaches his lady slowly. "You're all right now, my lady; it's over, I think." Another step closer, hugging his wings to his sides like old times, but wanting nothing more than to pull her close to him in an embrace.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil | VenomXBaby | NewdyStock | BurtN | SimplyBackgrounds
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
One minute Farenjer had been there, charging at her, rearing, throwing his hooves and teeth around and attacking her for no good reason. The next, he had been gone. I'm not here for the tournament, she had said, her words apparently having some meaning to him. She had run a few steps off from the stallion, attempting to give herself some space, and by the time she turned back she had been unable to find him. Without wasting any seconds in thinking about it, she had galloped off. In Kahlua's mind, he had run off to find some other challenger that had intended to be in the midst of the big tournament. Perhaps, in reality, he had moved into the trees to make some secretive attack upon her. Perhaps he had been so confused that he had just walked off. Regardless, Kahlua had come out of the fight with only one rather large bruise on her left hip and a foot long gash just lower on the same thigh.

Not accustomed to exercise, and having galloped off for a good minute or so, Kahlua slowed her pace. The trees were becoming more dense and blood was flowing rather freely from the horn wound on her leg. It seemed to Kahlua that, without fail, every time she got herself cleaned up and presentable some other unspeakable terror came into her life and ruined her coat. Her chest was heaving in and out, neck and body sweaty from running so hard and long, and muscles sore from dodging in and out of the trees. If you looked long and hard you might catch some glimpse of her normal beauty, but for now Kahlua only looked like a mess. She was disgusted with herself and she hated that this world was treating her so cruelly. All she wanted was to live a happy life where she was in charge of some horses, got the recognition and renown that she deserved and had a happy ever after.

As her breaths began to slow and she no longer had to worry if she would have enough oxygen to take her another step forward, Kahlua found that her empty mind was beginning to fill with thoughts of other things. Here in the thick trees, with only the moon shining down from above, anything could lurk. There could be more horses, ready to jump out and challenger her for god knows what. There could be more monsters, like the gigantic lizard that had crawled from the depths of hell at Helovia's Heart. There could be any other number of untold beasts that lurked in the shadows just waiting for her to fall into their gaping jaws. Kahlua shook her head to try and rid the thoughts from her mind, but it wasn't helping. Her slowing heart beat began to accelerate again and she began to throw her head about wildly in fear. She needed to escape- to go anywhere that was safe. She didn't know where that was, but she was determined to find it.

She picked up a trot, the pain her left hind leg throbbing with every beat, but the fear in her mind outweighing the jolts. Suddenly, she heard a voice. It was the voice of a male, and yet it sounded concerned and welcoming. She couldn't make out the words exactly, but she could tell where they were coming from. A thick wall of trees separated herself from safety with this seemingly kind stallion and the terrors of the darkness in the woods. She forced herself through them, never mind the bark scratching at the laceration. If it had been scabbing over at all, the bark tore it open anew. A fresh wave of blood began to trickle down her leg slowly, but at last she was through the trees and into a grove. A mare laid on the floor and a stallion stood before her, but neither seemed particularly threatening and Kahlua almost completely forgot her fears. She was with herd members again, and so she felt safe.

A few seconds passed before stupid Kahlua began to assess the situation, but when she did finally begin to look about, the first thing she noticed was the sobbing, wound-covered mare on the ground with a stick in her mouth. A quick glance to the stallion gave her no interesting information about him, but then she wasn't very observant either. “Oh, its ok, my friend,” her voice was kindly. A slight waver in it may have betrayed her previous fear to the two before her if they were observant, but otherwise it was its normal dancing tone. “I think whatever you were fighting for in the tournament must not have been that important. Chin up, then!” Her blue eyes were lit brilliantly in the moonlight, but her brain was far from bright. In her mind, Resplendence had lost whatever battle she had been waging in the supposed tournament. “I'm Kahlua, by the way.” She winced slightly, remembering the pain in her leg, but otherwise stood there with a stupid look on her face and waited for a response.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Resplendence</style>

TO THE FAMILIAR ABUSES

Res's body was trembling. Her head resting up against her forelegs as her jaw clenched hard onto the branch. Teeth mars were beginning to form on it, but unless she dropped it she wouldn't know that. Her audit was pinned against her cranium, attempting to block out the world and forget everything that was around her. The sobbing doesn't stop. The trembling doesn't stop. All she can think about is that an invasion is occurring. All she can think about is that she might lose her home again. All she can think about is this deep, throbbing pain in her shoulder.

There is a noise that brings her back, just a little, but it doesn't do much to make her begin to look around or to stand back up. A dull thud of hooves landing, and then her name. Cautiously. As if they weren't certain. My lady. Instantly, she recalled the name and her body was instantly attempting to stand up. But the pain was too much, and so her form stayed low to the ground and shaking with fear. Quil stopped, standing there in shock. Her name, firmly but with a hint of a soothing note to it along with confusion and anger. She winced, golden orbs peering up at him through fogged and hazy, tear bothered eyesight. She was alright now? It's over? He thought? He started to move forward, careful to keep his wings tight to his side just like old times. His little companion is chirping from his withers.

And then, another horse came in. A painted one. She could had sworn she had seen the mare before but she couldn't place her name or anything else along those lines. The familiar scent of the Edge and the mists, though, did offer her a little bit more comfort. There was a waver in her voice as she said that it was okay before her eyes lit up with happiness. Tournament? What tournament? Instantly, she struggled to pull her way to her feet, doing so shakily and stuffing the branch into the knot of her tail for safe keeping - incase someone else jumped out of the shadows and mists. "There was no tournament, ma'am." Res spoke, eyeing the black and white mare as she was granted a name. "Kahlua. The Edge is being invaded, by the Grey. And what smelled like unicorns from the North, and the Frozen Arch. There is no 'tournament' that you speak of. It is a full out war." Her voice was strained. Her body struggling to keep standing. Broken chords filled the air as she limped toward Quil. Instantly, she turned so that she was facing the same direction as him before shoving her nose under his wing and attempting to burrow her frame under the comfort of his soft downy feathers. Hollow. Weak. Soft as clouds. Kaj's words remained in her skull, and with the wound still bleeding and pain in fear in her mind all that she wanted was to be shielded from the world.

"God. Quil. It was so horrible. She had wings. She was from the Grey. She had a bird. And I couldn't get any hits in. The only damage I managed to do was by throwing a branch at her glowing form. She was taunting me. She said we were going to lose. That I knew what had happened last time. I don't want to lose our new home. I can't..." She whispered, her voice shattering and causing her to stumble uncertainly over her words. "God. Quil. I can't lose anyone else..."

607 words
@[Quilyan] && @[Kahlua]

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
-table will come later-

"Are you daft? This was no tournament. You need your head examined by Smoke." His voice was deep and stern as Aaron and Alanna happened upon the trio. His eyes were still a dark brown showing his anger. No one had accepted his challenge, even if he had been hoping for a rematch between himself and that glass horn head doctor of sorts. "This was war for our HOME. If you wish to call it a tournament you've lost your mind" He snorted and Alanna looked at him 'Be nice' Her childish toned voice rang in his head.

His gaze turned to the pair who seemed to have common sense and spoke with the authority that being a head of his class gave him... Ok so it wasn't much but enough to sound like he was semi important. "One from the Foothills huh? Sounds like I need to have a talk with my old friend about her family. Anger boiled in his veins at the thought of almost losing his home a second time to The Grey. He would not allow it. Sure the battle was still raging around them, but he could do nothing but wait for the outcome. It seemed like most fights had ended... Had Kimber's? Had she even been answered? He knew the mare to well to know she would of fought... Even his sister was still locked in a battle. Oh if only he knew how things were going. Just to know that his family was ok was enough, to find out they kept their home would be better.

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj</style>

slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity

with nothing but my pain and the paralyzing agony

"Cool your head, Aaron." The deep voice rumbles out, and Kaj shoulders past a branch in his way to cast his sharp azure gaze upon Aaron in hardened disapproval. Gone is the kindly WingLeader they know. They are at war, and though he was never met by the cowardly invaders, he is tense and caught in the spirit of battle regardless. The harsh mannerisms of the Glazier, however, is not something he approves of at all. "That is your herd sister you speak to. Mind your tone. She is not our enemy, nor yours." His voice is steel, commanding. He has the rank, the scars to prove he has earned it, and he will not let Aaron speak so harshly to one so innocent. Same level they may be, but Kaj was born in a militaristic world, and Aaron is a child in comparison to his age. With his constant desertion and re-joining between the Edge and Foothills, the simple-minded warrior did not approve of his actions very often. True Kahlua may be wrong and misinformed, but she is young, and clearly meant no harm by her comment. Resplendence cowering in their midst was also a factor, and considering he did not approve of harsh words in the presence of anybody undeserving, least of all a lady, he was far from amused. He was far larger than Aaron, but he towered naturally, and did not do so on purpose. Had he wanted to, he could have, but his words alone would have to do. No Glazier on his tier would behave in such a way.

Without removing his eyes from Aaron's, his lips parted and his chest rumbled with his thunderously deep voice. "Speak to them you will not. Do not act foolishly, youngling, do you wish to compromise the safety of your herd, your family, your sisters? All for pride? I did not fight for your sister's honor so that you could sweep her home from beneath her." Voice rose only slightly, though it had been cool and low the entire time previously. Snorting and shaking his head in disappointment and frustration towards his herd brother, he gave a small smile to Kahlua, Resplendence, and Quilyan. Moving away from Aaron and his companion, he swung his wing slowly in front of his chest, bowing slightly to Kahlua and Quilyan. "My name is Kaj, I am one of the WingLeaders of the World's Edge. Zusje, I do not believe I am aware of the titles of your friends. Is this your beloved, the one you spoke of when we first met?" His head tilted curiously, pale wheat and snowy locks fell handsomely over his blues, eyes moving naturally from Resplendence to Quilyan and back.

"Kahlua, I believe I heard your name was? Yes, Resplendence speaks true. The Aurora Basin and the Windtossed Foothills joined in alliance against us and invaded. Many of our brethren still fight. You are not at fault for being unaware, the Edge is large, and many of our soldiers were out on patrol or acting on orders outside of our borders, and may not even know at this very hour." He gave her a gentle smile, expression betraying his solid nature and easy spirit, but the way he held himself as a soldier, braced and prepared for anything, gave away his experience and solidarity. Though, he supposed it also could have been obvious with how he had scolded Aaron.

Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE

Quilyan

Fear strikes him as she struggles to rise - is she badly injured? Should he find a medic? - but his fears prove unfounded as Resplendence rises shakily to her feet. It is at this point that another mare enters the scene; instinctively, Quil leaps between the pair, spreading his wings in an intimidating gesture, his auds pinned tight to his skull. But he realizes quickly that the newcomer is no threat and, abashed, he takes a step back, dropping his aggression. His lover's voice cuts through the silence that Kahlua left in the wake of her little speech, and he is pleasantly surprised to feel Resplendence burrowing beneath his still partly outstretched wing. He lifts it slightly to allow her easier entry, before draping it protectively (but carefully, lest he bump any open wounds) over her shoulders and pulling her to him. She whispers fearfully, for his ears alone, and he turns his attention to her, touching his muzzle to hers before running it up to her poll, lipping softly at the mane that covers her missing ear, then snuffling down to her shoulders, checking for injuries. Zarina chirps and crawls along his wing to bury herself in the mare's luxurious banner, making a noise that sounded vaguely like a purr. Gold glinted from her paws, but would likely go unnoticed in present company.

The prince does not have time to reassure Resplendence before a rather angry brute ambles into the scene and proceeds to berate the painted mare for her idiocy. "Wait a moment -" he begins, bristling, for he has been raised to treat ladies better than that, but he is interrupted by the arrival of yet another stallion. He wore the air of nobility, or so Quilyan categorized him, and the newcomer quickly chastised the thick-headed brute. Aaron, was that his name? Quilyan filed it away for later, making a mental note to avoid that one. He doubted they would get along. The noble introduced himself after his lecture ended; the deposed prince felt that this, at least, was a steed with whom he could relate. Kaj. Zusje? What does that mean, and why does he call to Resplendence like that? The fae was his mare, and he was the only one to call her pet names. Perhaps he would not like Kaj very much, after all.

But then he calls Quilyan her beloved, and all is well with the world again. In fact, the prince feels very much as though he is floating on clouds, having never heard such a term from her own mouth. Of course, he knows that she cares deeply for him, but he also knows the guilt that her feelings bring her. He will not press the issue, but he longs for her to admit it all the same. "My name is Quilyan," he offers to Kaj, a grin spreading briefly over his maw before he settles once more into seriousness, for the situation with which they are faced is very grave indeed. His own guilt multiplies as Kaj explains to Kahlua, for he himself was outside their borders at the onset of the attack. I should have been here, he berates himself silently. "No," Zarina says. "You not know." She is right, of course. She usually is.

"If I may be of service..." he offered hesitantly, waiting for Kaj's approval, which suddenly means a great deal more to him than it had only moments before, when jealousy had blinded him so.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
A STORY FOREVER TOLD, BUT NEVER OLD.
A WARM ARRIVAL NEVER LEFT SO COLD.
</style>

[OH HEEYYYYY. I think it makes more sense for Phae to joint his thread, than start another, since she's looking for Res after she fell off the cliff ^^.]

Falling.

It had felt like an eternity, as the air pressure had slowly changed and moisture began to stifle her fall.

Moisture. Ocean. FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wings outspread, Phaedra had saved herself from a disgraceful end - whether it be by the damn sticks and charge given by the morgan above her, or by the waters shadowy depths - today at least, she would elude death. Not that I should have to - bitter thoughts comprised her judgement as she sailed upwards. I am a spy. I should not be here!

It had been a stalemate - with the dual-toned mare throwing things, and Phaedra remaining hidden in the skies, neither had gained much ground. It ultimately was pointless, but not without effort, for both mares had fought with purpose and tact, even if they were grossly unprepared for battle. With Stella rejoining her side as she soared higher towards the peaks of the Edge, Phaedra's sea-green gaze failed to pick out the morgan in the dense cloud.

Game?? Stella inquired searching below - but no...the golden spy did not think so. She's gone..? Phaedra returned, searching the mist below but finding nothing.

Gliding over the dense cliff, Phaedra's golden body continued to glisten like a falling star had seeded itself in her coat. "Hey Sugar!" Phaedra called out - her sing-song voice sounding careless and melodic, while her tense body told an entirely different story. He sooty ears were pricked forward, trying to sense even the slightest sound that another attack was eminent, or that another tree branch was to be thrown.

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Startled by the winged stallion's protective motion, Kahlua almost stumbled over herself to move backwards. At Resplendence's words he calmed, though, and Kahlua moved herself forward again. As the fallen angel began to speak, Kahlua listened and then tilted her head almost in confusion. No tournament. But if there was no tournament what was I doing? Almost before she could think the words she had her answer. Invasion. Kahlua's eyes widened. She had smelled the strange scent on the winds, but having never been north she did not know the scent of the violent supremacists. War. She shuddered and swung her nose around, touching the bleeding wound with her nose. It stung, but her disbelief overshadowed the pain. When she turned back around the fallen angel was nosing her way under the wing of her savior stallion.

Resplendence was speaking again, though Kahlua could not hear them and would not have bothered to try. Her nose was wet and sticky with blood from her thigh laceration. Nothing was in her head, she was in shock. She had never considered a war. Are you daft? Strong words pulled her from her contemplations and she instinctively lowered her ears. His harsh words scared her- she had just left one fight, was she to be in another? As the stallion finished his sentence Kahlua backed up readily once again, her rump crashing into the trunk of one of the trees. This only served to frighten her more and she tossed her head to the heavens wildly; however, the commanding but kindly words of the WingLeader brought her back from her moment of chaos,.

Cool your head, Aaron the voice demanded. The words were not meant for her, but she breathed in deeply anyways. Remember Onni, she thought to herself. Her painted friend from the Throat was her beacon when she was frightened, always. Several deep breaths brought her head down and her ears up, though her heart still beat too rapidly to be a resting pace. Looking to the commanding stallion, listening to his words, she found some strange comfort. Something in her felt that he would protect her, no matter what- that she was safe near him.

Regardless of whether she was safe of not, her wheeling emotions were beginning to take a toll on her. Closing her eyes, though keeping her ears pinned on Aaron for more sounds of aggression, she tried to relax and let some of her stress go. Hearing movement, she opened her eyes just in time to see the WingLeader extend his wing and bow in welcome. She nodded deeply in response, listening to his words with rapt attention. The Aurora Basin and the Windtossed Foothills. She sighed, having been rather unaware of the alliance between the two.

Somewhere in the midst of the chaotic meeting Quilyan spoke, though she barely had time to register them. Her own words were falling out of her mouth, almost in disbelief. “I drove one of them off...” For once, she had done something for the greater good, something that did not just benefit herself. She looked briefly at her laceration before continuing. “My apologies, Aaron... I should have known.” She did not know how she could have known, but she also knew the name Aaron was the name of one of the Glaziers, the leader of her own craft. All she wished now was to appease him. “And Resplendence,” she paused to look to the fallen angel. Before she could finish her thoughts another's voice sang out over the trees, hey sugar, and Kahlua stiffened to the sound. This meeting was far too much up-and-down for her emotions.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron & Alanna</style>

In Nomine Patris Et Filii Et Spiritus Sancti</style>

Before anyone else could speak another arrived. The WingLeaders Kaj. Aaron's ears laced back and Alanna growled at the sudden tension. She moved quickly, merely snapping at both Aaron and Kaj's legs as if to say Stop it. She glared at her bonded who's eyes were still black. Aaron remained silent for now. He let Kaj chastise him in front of the others for the moment. Kaj even hushed him about going to see Kutlu and Ophelia. He merely looked over to Kaj, a dislike forming by the minute. The Leaders of the Grey and I have known each other since foalhood. I can go find out the reason they attacked us or not, that is not for you to decide.

His attention then turned to the rest gathered, eyes slowly beginning to soften back to their normal brown. Beside him Alanna relaxed her position. His attention was first to the black and white mare. Welcome to the Edge Kahlua. I do apologize for my tone. The Basin brings out the worst of my temper.... For personal reasons. His gaze then shifted to the couple. He wished he could stand with Kimber like that...

Quickly things changed. He smelled her first, and that was enough for him. He lifted his head towards the sky, eyes searching. "Hey Sugar! Who was the Foothills mare daring enough to remain behind after the fights? Daring enough to come looking for someone when the rest of the herd would be gathering.... Who's there? His voice was stern, his body shifting to tense ready to protect his herd mates. Alanna's fur stood up along her spine as she growled.

talktallk

Credits

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Resplendence</style>

TO THE FAMILIAR ABUSES

Pain. That's all she feels. But. She's going to pull through it. Her original haze has passed. She knows she must look for herbs. It's all too much, really, but she clearly remembers the one herb, it's dull colour, and the way the leaves almost curl, that she should take for some form of pain medication. She would need to find that and then she would need to go to Smoke. Her wound was concerning her. It was deep, but she knew it hadn't cut any arteries. No arteries, but maybe the muscle. That was the only logical explanation for her limping so profoundly after something that had only seemed to be a scratch. The rest of the scrapes on her form were minor, barely digging into the flesh, and she had some bruises along her ribs and haunches. Of course, those were minor and didn't worry her as much as this shoulder.

And, as Kahlua fell into the scene Quil lurched forward, his body growing taller and wider as if to protect her. She instantly shuffled backwards, panic at the sudden raising of the large wings that were still a massive source of fear for the tiny claybank mare. As soon as he realized she was from their herd, though, he pulled back, lowering his defensive stance and Res instantly crawled up to rest beneath his wing. He lifted it so that she could slide under it easier without knocking the gash on her left side with his wing. His maw touching hers, then rubbing up against her poll and searching her shoulders for any other injuries.

That was when another one appeared. A larger brute, spattered with paint and a hellhound. Res's quite cries only heard by Quil himself. The painted brute chastising the mare who was dawned Kahlua. And then, he wanted to go to the Grey and speak to them. "Do you have a death wish..." Res choked out just as Kaj appeared as well.

Instantly, he placed the painted brute with a name which Res stored away in her memory. But, his tone did pull her even closer to Quil. The angst that was in this group. The anger. The threatening tones. She wanted them gone. She had already reached around and snagged her dagger back from her tail as she eyed the group with uncertainty, feeling Zarina as she curled up in her banner like it was a fluffed up pillow. It calmed her a little, but not enough to do anything to drop the dagger back in her maw.

She shuffled her feet, watching as Kaj bowed before them and explained his position before asking for the titles of her friends. She shifted her weight a little, uncertainly putting the branch-dagger in her tail before she allowed her voice to come out. Panic, fear, uncertainty flooded her weakened voice but it did ring out. "Y-yes. This is he..." And then Kaj moved to making Kahlua feel better about not understanding what was going on. Quil offered his name, which Res had been toopanicked to think of doing, before she glanced back toward the others in this clearing.

Kahlua was speaking. She had fought as well. She would need the herbs too. "Kahlua, we will search for some herbs to deal with the pain soon. You must be feeling something from that gash in your thigh..." Concerned pooled from her maw as she looked to the other mare who seemed to act a little younger than she looked. Kahlua spoke Res's name but didn't seem to manage to finish her sentence. "Hey Sugar"

Res shuffled her feet backwards. Her entire body tensing as she winced, pulling her shoulder muscle a bit too hard in the process of shrinking her frame. Tears flooded her vision as she let out a small sob. "Not again. Not the wings again. I can't fight her... She can't still be looking for me..." She choked out before burying her head against Quil's shoulder in an attempt to hide her tears which were staining her face. Her entire frame was trembling. Every inch of her was shaking in panic. She was weak now. She was torn apart. Her endurance was just about depleted. All she wanted to do was rest and find those herbs. Rest. Herbs. Find Smoke. Make sure that the cut to her shoulder had not tore the compact muscle. But no. Now she was stuck in a clearing with the winged, glittering creature looking for her.

And then, Aaron's voice was booming out. Calling out to the mare who had fought her. "No! Why would you call her here?!" She cried, panic obviously taking over every inch of her being. "She might have left if you'd just stayed quiet!" She wasn't meaning to be demeaning, she wasn't meaning to be taking a position over herself. It was simple. Her mind was only in one place - if she was found by that mare again the talons and the wings would definitely kill her.

But didn't she deserve death...

865 words
Panic attacks = Res's life.
@[Kaj]

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj</style>

slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity

with nothing but my pain and the paralyzing agony

Aaron clearly does not like him, but Kaj is not intimidated nor sorry for his behavior. Why should he be, after all? He had spoken honestly, and if Aaron did not respect their equal levels and Kaj's experience and age, then it was his loss and Mirage's problem, for Kaj would not let the youngling charge stupidly into the borders of the Foothills, right into the paws of the Grey. Cooly he observed the smaller male, an old and resigned look upon his features. "You speak truth, child. It is for Mirage to decide, as we are not allies and in fact enemies status-wise. But Aaron, I ask you; had I been foalhood friends with one of the Basin soldiers, perhaps one who was not racist and merely a part of the herd, would you find it wise for me to go charging thoughtlessly in and demand an explanation? After all, I am in enemy territory. They have fought against me, hate my kind, even if my foalhood friend does not. Clearly these friends of yours do not value those bonds as highly as you may, they attacked your home, your family, did they not?" Kaj's disapproving tones settled into worn and weary ones, a soft sigh escaping. He is old, today. He feels the weight of so much upon his strong shoulders, and it is starting to become too much with all the events unfolding at once. "I have a dear friend within those borders too. If you truly wish to go, I advise you to seek the council of our Dragonheart, and call for them outside the borders, singularly. If you wish to I will come with, I desire to see my friend, he was not at the invasion from what I could see, but safety lies within numbers." Crown shook and another sigh crossed his lips, pale azures faded and glossy with the weight of knowledge and responsibility. Let the child be angry at him, despise him. In time, he too would be broken and burned, and he would grow stronger and harder to make up for it. Kaj had, at least. Most souls could not handle the tear and torture of the world, so they patched themselves up and braced their shoulders, strengthened, and prayed for a little more wisdom. It was not his place any longer. Let Aaron speak to the Dragonheart, let him approach Mirage with the desire to check upon his friends. Kaj would speak no more upon the subject, lines heavy and thick on his face despite still being well within his prime. Youth still clung within his body, his bones. Instead he turns to his darling sister, disparaged by the war she has so bravely fought, curled beneath the feathered boughs of her darling. She has grown, today. Kaj only wishes it had not been brought about in such a tragic way. The eyes of her mate fall upon him, and Kaj offers a comely smile. He seems to recognize his behavior, something Kaj has yet to encounter, and already he is beginning to like this protective, clearly loving steed that guards his little sister so well. "A fine name, Quilyan. Your beloved has been a great companion of mine, I fondly consider her a sister; I hope you and I can grow close similarly, knightly Quilyan." The warmth returns to his features, vivid pale blues sparkling, lips quirking in an honest, encouraging smile. Resplendence trusts this brute enough to huddle beneath the appendage she feared so much, and so Kaj will trust him the same. Inside, he had a feeling the stag would prove him true, cement the faith Kaj had already gifted him.

Kahlua seemed shaken by the turmoil of the meeting, which had been riddled with angst since formation. Despairing, when one considered how tenuous their harmony was with the invasion already. She spoke not to him, instead to Quilyan, who murmured quietly to Kaj in a manner he was happily surprised to behold. Was this stag like him, and those of his home? If so, he would be the one Helovian who did not baffle and astound the pale golden giant. Kindly he smiled, head bobbing shortly in approval. Lately he has been speaking so much, so unlike him. Words were not his strong point, as an action based brute, and yet he spoke with such eloquence one would not believe such. It made him feel odd, for he was not normally in the company of ones so talkative. In his chest he ached, longed for Ink. Oh how he missed his mute companion, the youth that he had taken under his wing, the one that had accepted him, given him the symbol of the lion to forever rest inscribed in the smudge of his art across Kaj's canvas. Ink was one of the few who understood. In order to make others understand, he had to speak so very much, and it wasn't something the aureate angel had grown used to. Not yet. Though with how much he was doing already, it was likely within a season or two he would adjust to that level.

Then he heard it, a sound not usually prevalent within the Edge.

Wing beats.

Invasion still heavy on his mind, Kaj looked to the skies, handsome visage hard and cold as a feminine voice rang out. Mocking, almost euphoric or hysteric, manic. Clearly she did not know where they were, and his boughs rose from his sides to spread slowly, silently, across the expanse around him. He would not alert her by letting the air shift too loudly. Not that it mattered much, for moments later Aaron returned her call, and only then did Kaj see the pure horror and panic upon his little sister's sweet face. No time for words to comfort Kahlua, to question Aaron. Quilyan was the only other bewinged being, but Kaj's eyes turned to hard slivers of aquamarine and he positioned himself face to face with the painted lad. "You keep her safe, Quilyan." Love for Resplendence, anger at the intruder, and a silent plea accompanied his words, making it come out like an order, though it was one he knew Quilyan would have no trouble keeping. Spinning upon his haunches he lifted his front end off the ground, leaping forth in a running start and beating the wind with his wings. Branches crushed against his massive muscled canvas, unnoticed. A snarl twisted his features. He knew these skies, these treetops, far better than the wicked maiden that called out in such a hideously sweet tone. Bursting out of the canvas of twigs still struggling to bud with life, he hovered heavily like a hummingbird drinking nectar from a flower. Muscles strained at this action, hindquarters dropped low and loose, and slight sweat touched his coat, but the heavy pound of his wings was a threatening sound, a dangerous warning. Baby blues caught sight of the sparkling siren, for how could he not see her in this darkness, lit only by the patron of their land? From his throat came a sound, primal and strong, used in times before cognitive behavior changed them all. A scream, a challenge, a lion's roar into the night meant for the ears of his slighter prey. No words were needed in that moment. The lion had emerged from the calm surface of his behavior, teeth bared in threat and tail whipping, claws desperate to sink into the canvas of that which had burned him. In a single motion he dropped his wings in a mighty shove and headed straight towards the bright, sparkling beacon. "LEAVE!" The mighty lion roared, massive hooves curled and aimed for her, mighty wings and giant frame diving for her. She was tiny in comparison, a mouse in the paws of more than a mere housecat. He may be slower, but he was just as agile from his Andalusian blood, and his blows would shake her bones like an earthquake. She would not threaten his beloved sister and her darling. She would not intrude upon his homeland, clearly sweaty and scraped from a fight, seeking more blood.

Kaj bared his teeth in the pale light she and the moon exuded, glinting like the fangs of the mighty African predator his dear friend had heralded him as. Fight beside me, Ink. Let me protect the ones I love, in the way I was unable to protect you. Help me, help me keep her away from the family you let me join, keep her from harming the ones you and I love so dearly and served so loyally. Fight or flight, impact or dodge, Kaj was not letting this fake temptress out of his sight or far from his reach. He would never touch earth again, fly until his muscles gave out and his wings crumpled like a mistreated origami crane, if it meant his brethren were safe from her claws. For in his blood rushed the waters of the ocean's end, and in his chest his heart pounded out the rhythm of the waves upon the cliffs, and his wings stirred the mists that shrouded the home he had bled and suffered for. Their blood was more precious than his. They had crowned him, loved him, believed in him. He was their WingLeader. Crimson would fall from his body for them and not a single drop would be missed. He would offer himself for slaughter, torture, anything within the gates of hell and psychotic scheming if it ensured the health of the people that had given him their shoulders and warmth. The Edge lives in us all. You are forever a part of it. Forever ingrained, remembered. Let her come. Let her kill him, should she prove herself able. With his last breath he would only profess his love for his people, and die with a bloody smile upon his features.

--
Notes: So sorry for the wait!
WC: 1,784

Credit

Quilyan

His offer is met with a smile and a small display of affection in the words that the steed chooses. To be called her beloved makes his heart swell with glee, and he subconsciously tightens his grip momentarily. Ah, how he has changed from the carefree flirt that he used to be! Now his world revolves around her, and only her, for whom he would do anything and everything. All she need do is ask. Satisfied that his duty has been done, for the time being, he curves his nape to gently massage Resplendence's withers. Later, he would see out the winged knight to make good on the offer of friendship - another surprise, for at home he had been notoriously bad with other stallions, often feeling that he must prove himself superior. Well, he was a prince, after all.

Zarina hums softly to herself, a noise that is almost like a cat's purr in its soothing effect. She has made her way to Resplendence's poll, and she perches there with her hind legs tangled in mange and her tiny hands working quickly but methodically through a few patches of tangles. Once she has separated a small section of banner, she begins to braid it, nimbly working the long, luxurious strands between her fingers. The pair of them seek to calm Resplendence, each in their own way; and they congratulate one another without so many words as the mare begins to speak of herbs. The others do not disturb them, for they have little part in the prince's current goals; though he does not approve of Aaron's treatment of Kahlua, he finds the painted mare to be a bit dimwitted. Neither of them have gained his immediate trust and liking as Kaj has, though he supposes that he must like them well enough, as families must do for distant relatives. Gods knew he was well-versed with that! Royal families branched very far, so much so that he had not been able to name all of his cousins, much less second and third cousins and children tucked away in corners. And he had liked all of them well enough, or had pretended to at his parents' request. This would be no different.

A voice breaks the momentary peace that they have found, and Quilyan is immediately on edge as he feels his Lady jump, begin to quiver uncontrollably, and bury her face against his nape. Again his wings tighten imperceptibly, shifting forward as though to shield her even more from the intruder. His auds have flattened against his skull as he watches the trees, muscles tensed and ready to meet any threat. His first job, however, is to protect Resplendence, and even Kaj's barking order does not irk him as it might have in any other situation. In this, the two stallions are evenly matched, for both care more for the mare's safety than his own. There is a dangerous look in his eye as he waits for whatever may come. "Hush, darling," he murmurs softly. "We won't let her hurt you." We will die to save you.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.