the Rift

[OPEN] You Got the Music in You

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

A M P E R E

Nestled in the sturdy boughs of an old tree that ran along the shoreline, Ampere slept. Her neck was curled delicately around a branch, her limbs locked in separate corners of different branches, and her wings hung loosely against her back, sheltering her from the coastal winds that ran along here. It was in this position that Ampere first experienced dawn knocking on her eyelids.

The pegasus girl stirred without rousing. Dark feathers whispered over each other as they slid over her eyes, serving as shields against the prodding daybreak. The darkness that returned to her was a comfort and set a smile along her maw, but something in the back of her mind interrupted her shadowed embrace and lilting dream. Like the waves upon the shore so the dawn struck her senses, wasting her from a boulder into soft sand.

Ampere awoke with an abrupt startle that disrupted her precarious balance. She tumbled with a cry from the tree tops, landing in a side of sand with a spray of pale grains and loosened feathers. Whatever physical pain she may have garnered from that brief tumble went unnoticed however as she shot right back upright, shaking the beach's sugar from her body with unnecessary vigor, such was her haste.

Blinking away the wind and the salt Ampere lifted her head and that electric gaze to the horizon, a breath in-drawn with a gasp as she watched the steady climb of the golden fingers wrench away the black quilt of the night. Her body gave a visible shudder, though whether from joy or some other overwhelming emotion she could not be sure. In truth seeing the dawn felt so foreign now after an eternity of night - how eerily easy it is to adapt to the abnormal and forget what was, what had always been.

Still, something stirred in Ampere at seeing that sun rise and in response to the thrill moving through her body she let out a boisterous call and hurtled herself onto her wings. With furious pumps she was airborne and speeding along like some hellion. She twirled and whirled, zigged and zagged, dove and climbed back up again. The wind reveled around her and she sunk into the elation, dragging her feet through the ocean's top like a child taking a finger swipe of icing off the cake.

As the water's spray glistened in her wake it morphed. What once was sea foam, airy and pale in the sun, became the jagged, crackling entity of electricity. it took after the vibrant blue of its sorcerer's eyes and spun into a recognizable shape as she cut around it, adding more spray and body to the design. Once finished she shot off, her tail mussed into knots as the sea-breeze yanked around her speeding frame.

A lightning dolphin raced after her, rousing laughter and endless joy from the girl who's hope was restored.

GOT THE DREAMER'S DISEASE

katanimate.deviantart.com

@[Adalaide] - I know they needed another thread, but if you don't want to do this one just tag me in one of your own :)

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: top_zps861bfa6d.png]
if it ain't lightening yet
it's either coming or you're in the eye of it

The sun! The sun has risen and that first day, my flank had shivered and my heart had begun to beat out of my chest. The warm rays of the sun had been graciously welcomed on my body and the sight had been taken in with ease on my eyes. My whole body yearned for the sun!

However, when it began to dip and sink back into the darkness, half of me rolled into a somersault of ifs... If if it didn't come back. If it didn't come back... well, that would have been where I would have been sure I was losing my mind. The grasp on reality would have surely slipped away to nothing. I probably would have been doubting my every move. I probably would have been thinking it was just my mind slipping into some mental state of insanity that wasn't good.

But then it came back for a second day and with that warmth radiating from it, I could tell. That second day, I spent my time galloping around in the rays, smelling the flowers, eating grass I could actually see! Because, it was just there! Right in front of me!

I wanted to share this with someone... with one of my members! My group members! I was right all along! I had been right! Because you see, that sun did rise. And you see, I did feel that warmth. It did come back. Hope will indeed get you places. Where is your choice.

I had to find Ampere, I believed she had mentioned something about the Endless Blue. I had never been there before, I had never seen it before. And with this newly surfaced sun, I assumed it would be ten times prettier. The sun had already heated up the air again and things had turned to normal... to Spring, to Birdsong. It was a beautiful time, spring.

I quickly approached and my own icy/sky blue eyes matched the giant pool of water that I was staring at. From dirt to sand, my hooves hit with a thud, and I galloped across the beach rapidly, my head swiveling from my path to the lapping waves. I saw a black figure dancing in the sky with wings and my mind instantly paired this figure to Ampere. I had yet to see her in the daylight, and she was a rare individual indeed.

My inverted night sky coat quickly slid to a halt in the soft sands.
"Ampere! A pleasure to see you again, sister! The sun! It has came back! It has kissed our flanks once more with it's vibrant warmth!"

[[Corny intro. xD Please forgive me!]]

[Image: bottom_zps64cd02f6.png]images used have no traceable source and have been used many times across the internet

A M P E R E

Laughing and singing, the noises rise like a gentle tune from Ampere's throat; it seems out of place considering how often it's used for shouting or vulgarity.
Chasing the electric dolphin Ampere is as she should be, young and carefree, unburdened by the weight of the world. It gives her a certain beauty, one that is sadly far too fleeting in this ugly existence.

A shape moving on the sand catches the girl's attention after a time and she turns back towards the shore. The sun beats down warmth on her back while the ocean tickles up a chill from below, all of it combining to exhaust the pegasus mare who's still battling undernourishment from winter and the bruises of battles waged. Soon enough she'll grow fat and shiny on the spring grass, good as new.

The dolphin creation disperses into the waves with a fizzle and a blue light that cracks over the sky as Ampere descends towards the beach, and the figure there upon. A voice calls out to her over the sea breeze as she comes in to land, one that instantly brings her megawatt smile into place.
"MARMALADE!" she calls out, never one good with names. She forgets too the hurt she felt at seeing the appaloosa with all the others vying for the deer's child - had she left sooner than the rest though, Ampere couldn't recall.
For now she is absorbed in the celebration of the new day and with it her beauty remains. The ugliness creeps away with the night, for now.

Ampere's wings beat a tempo in the air and hooves stretch out to grip the sand, angling to avoid blowing a storm into Adalaide's face. "You see it to then!" she cried out as she landed, wings still flared a bit with the excitement revving through her. Ampere didn't think she'd been hallucinating, but she was never sure any more.

The question now remained, would the night come back at the end of this day?

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: top_zps861bfa6d.png]
if it ain't lightening yet
it's either coming or you're in the eye of it

My mood was far too bright to see her as forgetting my name... It was instead, turning and warping it into something as a joke. Something to see and laugh about in this newly brought light. It actually made you wonder just what you take for granted every day. We see the blue sky as just a sky until its gone... it makes you miss it.

The black and blue mare lands quickly and I see that she has a form of resistance with her wings. However, the current wind and a breeze from her wings probably wouldn't have bothered me. The gesture was indeed kind though, and with it, my mood grew more happier.

"Precisely! I thought I was going mad at first, seeing it when it first appeared. I thought I was losing my mind but that warmth certainly can't be an illusion, could it? Ah, I don't care, either. It's a very good illusion if so." My warm and friendly voice poured into the atmosphere again, my vocal chords vibrating like a drum rumbling deep within my chest.

I then brought my second thought up "Makes you even more grateful for the simpler things of life doesn't it? Anyways, on a great note, how has life been for you as of late? Found anything new and interesting?"

[Image: bottom_zps64cd02f6.png]images used have no traceable source and have been used many times across the internet

A M P E R E

The happiness felt to real that it seemed impossible. Ampere had not felt, nor seen so great a joy in another since... well she could not remember. Her memories of a carefree childhood were so willing consumed by the darker thoughts that stormed across her mind. She knew they were there, somewhere, but the rains of negativity battered them down into the cracked soil of her heart.
Hopefully they would sprout seeds of hope.

Adalaide echoed Ampere's thoughts so her grin remained until it hurt her cheek. Those smiling muscles were a bit rusty it seemed.
Letting go of the laughter and the cheer for a moment, Ampere's face relaxed, but it stayed at easy rest. "I'm sorry I ran off on you last time," Ampere confessed at last. She was glad to see this warm and kind mare again, and especially so that the appaloosa seemed not to hold any grudge as so many easily do.

"What were you saying before?" Ampere asked, her head tilting questioningly to one side. "Back when it was still dark, on the mountain of the gods, you were asking me about my...morals right? Equality and such?" Ampere studied her for a reaction, curious if she was on the right track. It had been a season ago and she'd been half crazed on victory and pain.

She went quiet for a moment then, and decided it was time to shatter the happiness. The warmth of the sun pressed on her back like some hand, though whether guiding her or trying to hold her back she wasn't sure.
"Can I first ask if that was you I saw, with the deer? The one with the flaming head and the orb to give?"