Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Solace

I'm ashamed that I'm barely human
I'm ashamed that I don't have a heart you can break
I'm just action and other times reaction

Solace stared out at the vast mass of water out in front of him. All throughout his life he had heard stories of expanses of water this big, but never before had he actually seen it for himself. Now all that expanded out in front of him was water that simply seemed to go on forever. It was a simply captivating sight, and in all of his travels over the years he had never seen anything like even remotely comparable to this.

He also had wandered from his ‘home’. Ever since joining, it seemed like the herd was simply falling apart, and he needed to get away from the stress of it all. Still being a stranger always made him feel awkward, while all those around him mourned for the losses.

Off in the distance, he could see the sun beginning to rise. Perhaps this was symbolic of what was in store for his herd in the future, but Solace just couldn’t be sure. “I’m getting to sympathetic,” he grumbled to himself while shaking his head. It was ridiculous how sentimental he was getting toward a herd where he was still a foreigner. Not only that, he had proven himself to be incredibly useless, the wounds on his body had proved that.

What was he thinking joining a herd of warriors? Many associated his potential just with his size, even he himself had confidence in his ability by his size. Now, he got his ass kicked and a part of a family that was crumbling a part. Maybe it was time for him to change, time for him to stop trying to live life in the background. After all, how he managed to get through life is to simply remain invisible, and just keep on moving forward. Was that a healthy life to maintain? In the end, has it proven itself to be worth it?

A long sigh escaped from Solace’s nostrils. He was feeling rather sore for being stupid enough to wander all the way out here. His wounds were still rather fresh from his spar, and truly it was foolish for him to wander so far with his wounds still. Yet, he still found it to be a refreshing to wander his way here. It had allowed himself to just simply think.

Solace walked toward the water and got in up to the top of his hooves. He had no intentions of walking into the water, instead he simply started walking. The water made a sloshing noise, and created small splashes with each step he took. He wasn’t sure how long had passed before he stopped, his gaze turned out toward the horizon. Solace gave out another sigh as he simply watched the sun beginning to rise.

“I think for the first time in my life, I feel completely lost and unsure.” He muttered to himself. This land had sent him for a complete and utter tail-spin, and he wasn’t sure what to do with himself anymore. Inside of him something was starting to change, what exactly he didn’t know.

"Speech”
Any characters are welcome.

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Freedom.

Beautiful, sweet freedom from the biting, bitter cold of unmerciful hearts. How long had she been held within the dark terror of her nightmare, alone and unsaught by her homeland? What of Xanthos? What of Jasiri and Nayati? The thought caused Romani to bristle and worry to churn inside of her stomach. Were they well? The Haflinger mare had seen little of her mate and child, even before she was stolen away from the Edge, her home... And yet now, here she was; free. It was time to pick up where she had left off.

Such beautiful freedom...

'Roma okay?'

The question caused the golden-red mare's head to turn and survey the one who had spoken, so precariously through the bond. Kasai, the young, yet ever-growing white tiger had spoken to her through the mind, and Romani felt her eyes begin to water in emotion. A gift. That was what Kasai was; a gift, pure and simple. Through the dark terror she had experienced since the frozen grasp of Frostfall, esnared in the heartless talons of the Basin, Kasai had been her pillar. Lifitng her head downwards, the palomino mare pressed her muzzle against the cub's velvety fur, inhaling Kasai's scent through her nostrils. The tiger let out a trill of eagerness and pressed herself against her bond mate's muzzle, purring deep within her chest.

"I am well, dear one... So very well." Lifting her head, the gypsy let out a soft, hesitant breath. In the first acts of her freedom, instead of returning home to the Edge, she traveled past it and to the ocean. The warm, beloved ocean... Just as she had arrived, the sun rose, basking the Haflinger mare in warmth. It was like a welcoming embrace, beckoning her to release her worries from her last grueling months of imprisonment. Crisp, ice-blue eyes roamed across the churning waves of the ocean, and pushing herself forward, the mare began to walk through the grains of sand and along the length of the beach. The breeze caressed the long strands of her mane, tossing around the blue jay feather that lay nestled within her ivory locks. Beside her, Kasai followed, her purr loud and absolute.

Not long into their journey, Romani spotted someone standing within the waves. Not terribly deep, and due to the distance between them she was unable to make out just who it was. Kasai tilted her pretty head, looking terribly confused, but Romani offered the monochromatic cub a warm smile. Now was no the time to be afraid... It was the time to rebuild bridges and continue on with her life. Stepping closer to the stallion, Romani's ears flicked forward, catching the last words that he had uttered.

"That is the journey of life, hm?" She questioned, her own vocals coming out soft and dancing along the breeze, azure orbs locked upon the stud in the water, "When are we ever truly sure? Who is there to tell us what is right, and what is wrong? Those are things we must make for ourselves..." The words flowed from her dark, upturned lips, the smile upon her maw stretching upwards to light up her eyes. Upon closer inspection, Romani could tell that this stallion was much taller than she was. Most in Helovia were, and yet the Protector wasn't afraid. There was something gentle lurking within this giant.

"Forgive me if I'm intruding, friend," the palomino mare said softly, lifting her head high, "My name is Romani, and this is Kasai." Turning her head, she motioned to the white tiger who stood at the mare's left side. Kasai's eyes stayed locked upon the stallion, tail twitching in curiosity. Who was this stranger?

"A beautiful day for a stroll, is it not?"

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Adoptable

Solace

Solace heard a voice and his head turned in the direction of it. He saw a small mare had appeared. "When are we ever truly sure? Who is there to tell us what is right, and what is wrong? Those are things we must make for ourselves..." The words held much truth to them. He studied the mare’s face and noticed the smile upon it. For the time being, she would be deemed harmless.

“Much as I am reluctant to accept such a thing, but I believe you speak wisdom.” He replied as he came to a halt. “You aren’t intruding at all. I’m always open to company.” A small smile passed over his lips, but faded after a moment or so. The mare introduced himself, and then the cub at her side.

Solace’s eyes drifted toward the cub and he dipped his head at Kasai, unsure of how to handle being so close to a predator. Instincts told him to run, but he forced them down, remembering that many within this land were bonded to foreign creatures. Part of him wondered what it would be like to have such an intimate bond. Never had he even had a remotely close relationship with another creature of his own kind, let alone some foreign creature. Maybe someday he would begin a pursuit of a companion of his own.

“I am Solace,” He said finally after a long pause. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Romani, and you as well Kasai.” The cub was proving to be harmless, and he assumed she would remain that way if he didn’t show any threat to her companion, which Solace had no intentions doing so.

“It truly is a nice day. I never realized how wonderful the sun was until I came to this land.” He said looking out at the horizon. When he had taken his first steps upon this land’s soil, it had been an endless night. “I walked into this foreign place in a time of darkness, but I think the light is finally returning, to every place.”

He had to be careful with his words and not to mention the vulnerable state his home was in. The mare didn’t look familiar, so he assumed that she was not of his homeland, and he sensed he would at least be able to recognize members of his own home. “So, what brings you to this place, if you are fine with me knowing?” There was truly no reason for him to pry into another’s business, but there were those out there who so easily became hostile, so he knew better than to simply ask a personal question.

"Speech”

Romani

Romani's azure eyes remained locked upon the large stud that stood within the sea-foam of the ocean, listening with twitching red ears as he spoke and introduced himself. Solace. That was his name. Briefly the mare wondered if he was as solitary as his name suggested... After all, a name was the beginning of one's being. There was a... 'Gentlemanly' way that filtered through his vocals, and the compact mare found that she quite liked the sound of his voice. The backdrop of the sun against the sky filled her breast with joy and relief... Much like she was experiencing freedom, the sun was doing the same, from whatever prison had held him captive these last few months.

'Beau-tyful, yes?' At Kasai's mental inquiry, Romani chuckled softly beneath her breath, eyes closing as she sucked in a deep breath of the salty air. Yes... Very much so. At her side, the cub let out a soft, rumbling growl and then stretched. Large, fuzzy paws stretched outward as she kneaded the sand, tail going skyward, and with a soft 'plop' the young tigress laid down and got comfortable in the sand. In her mind, it was a great day for a nap. The sun would shine upon her ebony and ivory coat, and she would enjoy it.

"The pleasure is mine, sir Solace.... I assure you." Eyes snapped open, vivid and striking like the ocean on a sunny day. Her gaze shifted from the grey and mossy stallion to the rising sun, basking and relishing within its glory. "The light will heal this broken land, I believe. For so long we've been held prisoner in darkness, and now... I hope that this land will change, with the return of the sun. But we prevailed, we survived this trial... Perhaps it was a test." Romani smiled brightly, her head turning once more to meet with Solace's. She spoke of both Helovia's latest trial, and her own.

"So, what brings you to this place, if you are fine with me knowing?"

"I don't mind in the slightest. It has been so very long since I was in welcomed company, so forgive me if I'm speaking too much." A warm chuckle once more left her dark lips and she shifted her weight, resting hear back left hoof. The golden-red palomino could tell she had nothing to fear from this gentle stallion. "I was... Held in the northern lands of Helovia for quite some time. With the help of one of my herdmates, I managed to escape. This is the first in months that I have walked my own path..." A soft, nostalgic sigh left her lips, ears tipping back slightly in obvious emotion. A rather sad, troubled look pinched the gypsy's features, the long strands of her ivory forelock falling in front of her azure eyes. "I was stolen before the sun was taken from the sky, and I lived in frozen darkness. Now I am free, and relishing every second of it."

Once more, that kindred smile returned to the Haflinger's lips. Lifting her head and allowing the strands of her mane to fall around her cherubic face, the compact mare went on. "And? What about yourself, sir Solace? If I may be so bold as to say, you seemed to be quite troubled when we came across you..."

Adoptable

Solace

Solace listened to the mare as she spoke in reference to the sun. A trial? He would not know, he hadn’t been in this land long enough to understand how their god’s work. A test that would bring endless darkness upon the land sounded a bit cruel to him. But what would he know anyway? He wasn’t a god, and there was no denying the fact he loved being mortal. Having an endless life that held so much responsibility sounded miserable.

In response to Romani’s words he merely nodded. It wasn’t like he was the chatty type either. Body language always communicated his point just fine. This was definitely one of those times. His gaze rested upon her as she spoke as to what brought her to this place. His ears perked forward and he looked a bit surprised and intrigued at the same time. The troubled expression that crossed her face didn’t surprise Solace in the slightest. He couldn’t imagine himself being captured for so many months. This also told him that perhaps this mare was of some kind of importance, if a creature were to go o far as capture her.

“I do not think I can imagine the joy you’re feeling at this present moment.” He paused for a moment. “And I can imagine how such an event could cause you to come to this place… It has such a powerful yet soothing atmosphere to it.” His gaze drifted out to the waves as they lapped up against the shore. Very rarely did Solace feel small, but in comparison to the expanse of water before him.

Then Romani asked him a question. What was he doing here? And yes, he was indeed troubled. Mostly troubled by is own thoughts and insecurities, and the fear of choosing the wrong path. “I came out here to think.” He paused for a long moment. Should he speak more to this mare about his herd’s weaknesses? Well, if he kept things vague enough and just discussed what was going on with himself it wouldn’t hurt.

“I was a solitary creature before entering Helovia,” Solace began, And I guess the instinct to be with a herd got the better of me… I accepted an offer to a home that appears to be falling apart.” Once again he paused. “I am but a stranger to this home, and have found myself questioning whether my choices were wise. But I have no desire to abandon it like so many have, and I fear I do not have much to offer this home. That was probably far more than you wanted to know.”

He flicked his long tail and gave out a long sigh. “I must ask you, how can you seem so at peace after everything you’ve gone through? I don’t think I could walk about, approaching strangers had I been taken captive.”

"Speech”

Romani

"I do not think I can imagine the joy you're feeling at this present moment." That was perhaps the understatement of a lifetime. Romani was a gypsy, a soul who wandered and found satisfaction by the miles she could complete beneath her hooves, and the locations that she discovered. A gypsy-warrior she was, resolute in protecting her loved ones, but flighty of the heart. To have been obtained and esnared like a sparrow in a cage, wings clipped and chained, had dampened her spirits over the course of the last months, but now... She was free to fly once more.

"It does, hm? I have discovered that I enjoy the sounds of the ocean." A simple statement of agreement, and through it, she found that she understood Solace a little bit more. If he understood the values and precious attributes of the land around them, it revealed all the bit more about his character. "A soothing song it sings, to those who are patient and willing to listen..."

Still, as Solace grew thoughtful and introverted, clearly fumbling with what information he wished to divulge, Romani listened with the patience of a saint. With a flick of her tail, the alabaster strands brushed against the sand beneath her hooves, creating a tiny path in the pale granules. Azure eyes remained locked upon Solace's pinched, troubled face, and her head tilted to the right in sympathy. Soon, however, his vocals floated across the air and met her ears, and curiosity rose once more within her crimson breast.

The Protector wondered just where this handsome, mossy stallion called home. Nostrils flared as she took a breath of the air, trying to obtain a scent from him that gave away his homestead... And yet, due to the salty air the swirled around them, it was near impossible. For a fleeting second, Romani wondered if he was speaking of the Edge, but, no. The land of dancing mists was well protected with loyal soldiers. Rendering the land 'weak' would be no easy feat. Perhaps the Foothills? The thought of her old home, so beloved as it was to her heart, caused the Haflinger to grimace. How she yearned to gallop through the mountainous hills once more... But it was impossible, ever since the Grey had taken it for their own.

"It is natural instinct, I think, to want to be close to your own kind. It gives us a sense of protection and safety, and allows us the experience of having a family, even if we are not related by blood." The mare's lips twitched downwards in a subtle frown, emotion swirling within her blue eyes. "But it is noble of you, Solace, to not wish to abandon them, no matter how weak the family may be. I can speak first hand how just of a cause that is." Had she not done the same? When the Grey had taken the Foothills, she had been a Warrior, powerless to help due to being Ophelia's prisoner and heavy with foal. Jackal, that blasted Thief of Kings had abandoned the Foothills herd in their time of need... But that was a different time.

Then Solace asked another question of his own, retaining to her trust. A rueful smile spread across Romani's lips and she chuckled. It was a deep, sensual sound, but one of pleasant comraderie. "Am I wary? Yes, very much so... But I won't blame the many for the faults of a few, nor will I put my life on hold because of an unpleasant experience. If I did that for each moment where something ill happened, well... I wouldn't live at all, now would I? A life driven by fear is no life at all."

At her side, young Kasai shifted and grew more comfortable in the sands with a quiet huff of breath. The feline's ice-blue eyes opened only briefly enough to glance up at Romani before slowly falling shut once more. The warmth of the sun bathing her monochromatic coat was bliss.

Abruptly, Romani tossed her head upwards, nickering softly. Freedom flowed through her veins, and she wanted to take action while it was hers to grasp. The endless shoreline of the ocean looked particularly inviting, practically calling her soul for a stroll upon its pale surface. "Would you be such the gentleman and share a walk with me, sir Solace? I would love to hold your company, if you would grant it to me."

[ooc: I love this. They're like two philosophical gents having an easy-going chat. XD Sorry for the wait, dear! And sorry for the length. Romani's running off with me. >__>]

Adoptable

Solace

Solace again listened to the mare’s words, nodding every so often to make it apparent that he was listening. The way she described the sound of the waves as a song intrigued him. For a brief moment he tuned his ears into the sound of the waves, they were truly like a song. Even though Helovia was bringing upon him more change than he would desire, the land itself took his breath away. It was unlike else he had seen within his life time.

"It is natural instinct, I think, to want to be close to your own kind. It gives us a sense of protection and safety, and allows us the experience of having a family, even if we are not related by blood."

Solace pondered those words for quite some time. Yes, it would make sense. The security he had felt with the foothills was something he hadn’t felt since childhood. Truly he coveted his time alone, but solitude didn’t provide the same protection that groups did. And perhaps he could learn to look upon his herd as more of a family, if he would just allow himself to be immersed in their company.

When Romani referred to his loyalty as ‘noble’ he wasn’t sure how to react. So, he merely gave the mare a smile and a dip of his head. Hopefully this mare could interpret his gratefulness for her encouragement.

"A life driven by fear is no life at all."

“You’re words hold much wisdom and truth to them,” he said. “I have seen what fear can do to creatures.” Over his travels, Solace had seen what living in fear had done to so many. It prevented them from ever finding themselves, others became completely consumed with it and let it run their live. Those were the people that Solace pitied. They would be trapped within their fear, and blinded to what may excitement and journey may lay ahead of them.

He wasn’t entirely sure where all of these thoughts came from, but it didn’t particularly bother him. His troubled feelings were fading a bit, and it was evident as his muscles returned to their full relaxed state.

Her offer hung in the air for a brief moment, before he nodded. “It would be my privilege to walk with you.” His tone held a slight cheer to it and a small smile perked at the edges of his lips. Solace turned his body and began to walk slowly. He kept his gaze focused ahead of him, and for a brief moment he began to hum to himself. A question formed in his mind. “Where is it you call home Romani?” He decided that if the mare didn’t want to divulge such information she would tell him so, and in the end it wouldn’t hurt to ask, especially since he himself held no malicious intentions no matter where she hailed from.

"Speech”