the Rift

[PRIVATE] Immortal souls.

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
E R I S

Such a quiet and secluded place, she almost felt as if she wasn't welcome here. Perhaps this was a place where life was celebrated, instead of just appreciated. So many believed that The Blood Empress did not appreciate the fragile flame that was life and how quickly that it could be blown out. They could not be more wrong however, the golden mare held an extremely keen appraisal for what everyone know to be life. The flame that was within everyone could be blown out so quickly, then everything would be gone in an instant. Who was she to forget the value of life? He father had always taught her exactly what it was to be alive, you have to value every moment. Experience every moment and live life to the fullest. What else could you ask from life? Eris preferred to live in the moment when life threw experiences at her and slink back in the shadows and plot out her life when it did not. Now she would teach Skysong the value of life, her little dove was soon to be as insane as Eris was...she would have to be raised the right way. By no means was Eris maternal nor did she have a motherly bone in her body, the golden mare was a teacher though. Oh goodness she would be a great...no...brilliant teacher to Skysong. The world had best prepare for her little dove.

Standing at the edge of the lake, Eris looked over the water with her bright eyes. It was a cooler day, the breeze creeped over her light coat. Water lapped over and around her hooves, the temperature of the lake was cool, they had gone so long without any sun that every pool of water was freezing. No doubt now that the sun had risen again, the waters of the lands would start warming up. Standing in the direct sunlight with wind whistling around her made the perfect harmony for the golden mare. She was warmed by the sun however the breeze would quickly cool her skin off. The water also helped the balance, it's cold waters soothed her aching feet. Eris had been wondering for quite a while now, it was relaxing to finally come to a stop and just appreciate what was around her. The world around her was filled with the scents of the life's blood of others. It was quite the fantastic thing to breath in...at any moment she could turn into a monster at the drop of the hat. Today however she felt...relatively normal. Well as normal as a mare that spent half her days hunting blood could feel. A soft and girly giggle tumbles from her lips, turning she began the slow movement of working her around the lake. The wanted to see the water from every possible angle.

Her movements were slow yet graceful. The golden bird was a skilled dancer in the art of death after all, she was a mare who was trained to be aware of her body and her movements. In fact she was often more graceful than mares who did not kill, nothing was more liberating and informative as dealing death. In these moments Eris learnt who she was and what she was actually capable of. Killer had to know their strengths and weaknesses to actually know how to be brilliant at their craft. A dancer could not be a performer unless they had trained and learned what they were good at, being a killer was no different. In no way was she trying to romanticise who she was or what she did with these thoughts. More try to explain to herself who she was, dive deeper into the black hole that she considered to be he soul. Pausing in her movements the mare turned to study the water again. When the sun hit it right she could almost pretend that the reflection was red, a lake filled with blood. A lake that she had filled with the life's blood of others. Maybe today she would actually take a dip in the chilling grasp of death. This thought caused a smile to dance along her lips. She enjoyed to bath in the blood of her enemies.

A song filled head that he father had taught her when she was a little filly."Frozen inside without your touch, without your love, darling. Only you are the life among the dead." She gasped taking a breath in. She never had been a singer, only sometimes to twittered to her prey and sang them haunting songs...songs that left them trembling before she had actually touched them. Taking in another breath she began again, easing her voice into the melody. "All this time I can't believe I couldn't see, kept in the dark but you were there in front of me. I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems, got to open my eyes to everything. Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul, don't let me die here. There must be something more, bring me to life."

" "
852 words.
@[Murdock]

Wake me up inside,
Bid my blood to run,
Before I come undone,
Save me from the nothing I've become.

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz
M U R D O C K
Once again, the sun had risen to welcome another day. Each night as darkness fell, Murdock paused to watch the sunset, keeping his gaze fixed on the last rays of light as they disappeared beyond the curve of the planet for fear that this would be the last time he saw them. He couldn’t bare the thought of losing the daylight once more. He chased the warmth of the sun south, travelling west toward the ocean to places he had never been before. He basked in the heat like a cat, his dark coat soaking up the rays of sun. Today, he had chosen to visit the Grove.

He looked out across the lake. The surface was smooth and clear, undisturbed as though it was a pane of pale blue glass. All along the water’s edge, there was life. Tall willow trees with bent boughs dangled bright green leaves onto the sand, vibrant flowers sprung up from thick patches of grass, their petals waving in the gentle breeze. The air was warm, almost hot, in fact, and the sun had returned just in time to welcome summer. The grove was far more beautiful than he imagined it to be, but something was missing from his fantasies. Was there not some Lady of the Lake to come and greet him?

There she is.

The creature was small and fair, pretty in a delicate sort of way. She walked with ethereal grace along the sandy shoreline, her golden coat shining in the sunlight like copper. A haunting sound reached his ears as she grew closer, though still unaware of his presence. She was singing. Her voice was sweet and ghostly, telling a tale of life, death, darkness and sleep. It was foreboding and ominous, almost as if it were a warning. Perhaps she would poison him with sweet words, offer to glue his shattered heart back together and drag him down into a watery grave. She looked to be the image of innocence, but looks could be deceiving.

Life wasn’t interesting if one didn’t take the occasional risk, however. Murdock stepped forward, brushing past the flower-laden boughs of a dogwood. “Beautiful,” he called out as he approached, intending to compliment her voice. He came to a halt in front of her, cool water lapping around his toes as his hooves sunk into the soft sand. Her eyes were a bright violet, seeming to glow faintly in the sunlight like amethyst. Her hair was long and smooth, the colour of blood, pouring across her neck and shoulders. Who, or what, was she? A siren?

“Tell me, what does that song mean?” The way he understood it, she was singing about someone. Someone that she had lost, someone that meant the world to her. Perhaps they had something in common. He would not think about that, though. He would not let himself think about her. Each time he did, it felt as though his heart was splitting into a million fragments, shattering so that it was well beyond repair. “It sounds sad,” he added thoughtfully, spreading his wings across his sides to allow air to pass beneath his feathers, cooling his body. Standing in the direct light of the sun, he was beginning to sweat. Like a solar panel he was soaking up all the radiation, though instead of giving him energy it was simply sucking it away.

"talk talk talk"

(Sorry for the late reply! I got swamped with school work.)

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit
x

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
E R I S

She hadn't heard his approach. Startled at the sound of his voice the golden queen spun around and faced the one who had snuck up on her. They stood in the water together, it lapped about their hooves, creating the feeling of a connection. His green tipped wings and bright green eyes caught her own blue eyes at once. He was unlike anyone Eris had seen before, a dark body that turned into white and green wings that stunned her with their exquisiteness. She wanted to close the distance between them, to share his warmth for a short while. That was a boundary that even Eris dared not to cross without permission. Unless you were killing someone, you were not welcome to share their warmth. A monster thinks that way, not a lost maiden.

No one had ever called something Eris had done beautiful before, the mare cocked her head to the side wondering what the pun of the joke was. "Beautiful?" Her blue orbs studied the winged warrior that appeared before. "Haunting I think is more fitting." Something about the way he had appeared before her without her notice was thrilling. Normally Eris was aware of everyone and everything that lurked around her, mostly because she was the main lurker. Not today however, this warrior dressed as an angel had gotten the jump on her. It could have been so dangerous, he could have killed her right there and then. That was what mostly thrilled her. However after her experience with Skywalker in the Marsh, Eris was excited to taste different stallions. That opportunity may eventually present itself, so the mare allowed the water to connect her to the winged entertainer before her. This golden dove was always ready to be entertained, she was alway keen to feel the sting of lust. Not everyone could capture the heart of this mare, in fact no one could, her heart did not beat with emotions. It only beat for blood. "I know that the words haunt me."

What was the song about? A pause cased a pregnant silence to fill the gap between them. Sea blue orbs never blinked however, she continued to stare at the dangerous beauty before her. "I think..." She fell silent again, what did she truly think? Honesty never came to Eris easily, today however she was tempted to try. "A maiden has forgotten how to live, maybe because she lost the one she loved." The idea comes to her the more she opens herself up the the stallion before her. "She wants to be saved from the darkness." Watching his face for a reaction the Vermillion Queen continues. "The darkness is the same thing that plagues me from time to time. We both need to be saved from the nothing that we've become." Eris rarely felt true goodhearted emotions, she did not treat herself well and most of all she did not love. What was a creature that lived without love? In The Empress' mind you were no longer a creature. You were nothing, a thing that existed without purpose. That was why Eris had to create her own purpose for being alive.

The silence that had fallen is broken by Eris' sad chuckle. "Aye, it is not a song for the light hearted." Few would be able to sing the song and truly understand just what the meaning of the words were. To most it was a pretty song that they could sing well, only maybe it was so much more. Maybe it was now a song about who she was. "You are no new player when it comes to feeling pain, I can tell." Studying his face Eris guessed that he felt similar pain, a lost companion, a need to feel the embrace of another again. Not wanting to dwell on the past however the mare is quick to enter the present again. "Who are you?" The question in not demanding, rather a soft request for them to sit at an equal level. "I'm Eris, I live in the wilds." No doubt he had gathered so much from the smell that lingered on her coat. Still it was always entertaining to meet other tortured souls. Sometimes they reminded her what it felt like to be alive again. To feel compassion towards someone that you had no duty towards. The concept was still a new thing that Eris was learning to do. Only it was forced and pretend. In the end Eris would always be a monster.

" "
752 words.
@[Murdock]
No rush lovely, I get busy as well. <33

Wake me up inside,
Bid my blood to run,
Before I come undone,
Save me from the nothing I've become.

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz
M U R D O C K
Murdock had never been incredibly graceful, nor coordinated with his feet and silent in his step. He was, by stereotype, supposed to be a creature of grace, but on land he had never fit the bill. He was far too large and his legs far too long to sneak about through the forest like a cat, and so it came as a pleasant surprise to him that he had actually startled someone. It filled him with an odd sense of pride to see the shock in her wide, blue eyes, though he was disappointed that her singing had stopped. It was eerie of course, but then, the grove itself struck him as somewhat unsettling. The silence seemed deafening as he joined her in the shallows, only the distant trill of birds and the soft splashing of his hooves in the water to remind him that he wasn’t deaf.

He nodded as she spoke, looking out across the clear waters in quiet reflection. Her voice was soft and smooth, much like the gentle breeze that moved through the clearing. It reminded him of his mother’s voice, though the memory was faded and buried beneath images of war, death, capture and snowy cliffs. What he wouldn’t give to see her face once more, to hear her voice and know that she was alright. How did he sleep at night, not knowing what had become of the family he had left behind? How did he sleep not knowing where she was, or whether or not she was in danger? He wished he had gone with her, so that he could at least have held onto one thing he loved, as all else had slipped from his grasp. What was the story of this mare before him? What meaning did this song have to her?

His gaze returned to her face as she spoke once more, searching out the depths of her eyes. She mentioned love and loss, darkness, and the need to be saved. Could they really be so similar? Was it fate that had guided him to visit this sacred grove? We both need to be saved from the nothing that we’ve become. His eyes dropped to the sand at his feet, the silence filling with thought. He wanted to ask her to sing it again, so that he could remember the sad tune and perhaps come to some understanding on the true meaning. At the same time, however, he wished he could forget he had ever heard it.

Why did the troubles of his past have to follow him everywhere? He travelled in hopes of escaping the nightmares and painful memories, but they always managed to catch up with him. Was she even real? This Lady of the Lake, who had so mysteriously appeared on the shoreline, could she be some sort of ghost or tortured spirit? He almost wanted to believe that she was a figment of his imagination, and that he truly was crazy and this was all some weird dream. But, maybe he could learn something from her. Maybe he didn’t want her to go away. Perhaps the aching of his heart could be healed by her wisdom and sweet voice.

He shook his head as he met her gaze, drawing his attention back to the present. “No, you are right. We have all lost someone or something, but I…” he paused, unsure whether or not he wanted to bring up his troubles. “I’ve lost everyone.” He smiled faintly at her, shaking his forelock from his eyes as he looked out across the lake once more. This was such a peaceful place. Could he not forget his problems and enjoy himself? He was thankful when she changed the subject. “Murdock. General of the Foothills,” he dipped his head in greeting, “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Eris.” Oblivious as usual, he failed to notice much of anything ‘different’ about this mare. Her true nature, the fact that she was a cold-blooded killer, was well concealed and he saw nothing of danger in her eyes. Perhaps it was just as well, that he was blind to the potential outcome of this situation. For the time being, he felt he could relax in her presence. “What brings you to this place? Do you have any family in the area?”

"talk talk talk"

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit
x