the Rift

Time Goes By [Phi]

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
Time seemed to pass, so quickly now. The once gangly newborn colt was fast growing up. At almost a year now, Aaron was often found away from his mother and very rarely was he in the Foothills. The Endless Blue seemed to draw him in. Twice he had met others here, but only the first time really counted. Yes his herdmate Enna was nice.... But his heart belonged to another. Somehow the colt always knew it had. As he watched his mother force herself to move on starting to give up that his father had not made it, Aaron had started to visit the last place he had really been able to talk to Phi more often. He did it, secretly in hopes that he might see her again. He just wanted to know she was alright.

He moved along the edge of the water with ease, his deep brown eyes watching the movement. The last time he had been here, he had been taken by surprise and had a huge wave crash over his body. He would not allow that to so easily happen again. The water seemed to tug playfully at the feathering around his feet, as if wanting him to play in the water. He did not however, as the sun was beginning to set. Call it old habit or maybe worry that the shades of Isilme had followed them here, but the colt turned for home. His mind on the last time he had been on a beach in Isilme.... The last time he had been alone with Phi....
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Pretty little angel
Can we play your game?

Ophelia's sudden and prolonged absence from the happenings of the world was not an accident. The filly had grown to near full height, tall. She was barely recognizable with her newly white coat and crimson fringes on her thick mane, and her figure had evened out at a lean, muscular weight. As her body grew, so did her mind. She came to realize just how horrible her memories were, and they plagued her night and day. The slightest smell or quick image would send her spiraling into the perfection of her mind, recalling every detail in its most painful way.

She withdrew, hiding in shadows until she could learn to control her own mind. Now a year old, she had come up with ways to stop the flooding memories in their tracks, and the spark of nostalgia had sent her from her shadowy corner onto the sunny beach. As she looked out over the cresting waves, she recalled the pleasant memories of her childhood - playing in the sand with her sister at the Tides. How did the world get so dark?

Ophelia snapped her head around when she heard heavy steps on the sand, and she narrowed her hetero chromatic eyes at the newcomer. Aaron? She hardly recognized him. He had grown considerably. Should she say something? Would he be angry with her for disappearing and not informing anyone of where or why? Well, her sister knew, but no one else. Her expression curled into confusion, and she lowered her head slightly. He would most likely see her, standing there. Her white coat did not blend in this climate.

Finally, she mustered the courage to approach, and she walked delicately along the sand to her old friend. "Aaron?" she called. The child-like tenor of her voice had passed into a soft, chiming melody.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Aaron? The voice brought the yearling to a halt in his tracks. That voice... It sounded so famillar, yet so different. Brown eyes looked about only for a moment until he found where the voice had come from. A filly, around his age.... Her red markings reminded him much of Phi.... But no, Phi was not pure white like that.... The more he looked the more he began to question. He steps closer to her for a moment before speaking in a deeper tone than his child-like tone had been "Phi, is that you?" He moved forward again, hoping it was her.

He held back, remembering she did not like to be touched. Well, if this was indeed Phi that is. In his mind the last time they had been on the beach played back. He had gone to make sure that she was alright after being kiddnapped.... That moment has not lasted long, nor had thier walk on the beach. The shades... He mentally shook away that part of the memory, not wanting to remember fleeing the only place he had ever called home. This was home now, but was it possible that his first friend had become this.... beautiful filly that stood here on the beach with him?
Ascended Helovian

Pretty little angel
Can we play your game?

She saw the hesitation in his steps and the confusion in his warm, brown eyes. Even she was surprised when her black coat shed to reveal its white undertones, and her reflection was hardly her own anymore. Phi was not surprised that Aaron barely recognized her, and she smiled. She stepped toward him as well and watched as he seemed to remember that she did not like being touched. What a curious child she was, though she supposed that she was even more curious now. "It's me, Aaron," she replied, turning her head so that he could see her other, blue eye. Ophelia was not aware of another who had eyes like her own.

"I know, I am not black anymore," she said with a slight chuckle. "When I saw my reflection for the first time, I panicked." Phi stepped even closer to her friend and rubbed her cheek against his, wary of her own horn. She did not want to hurt him on accident. After her brief display of affection, she stepped back and grimaced. "I hope you are not terribly angry with me for disappearing...?" she asked, looking into his warm eyes for forgiveness.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

As she stepped closer so did he. This had to be, it had to. He smiled as she confiremed it was her. He wanted to run, prance and show her how happy. But instead he kept his cool. He chuckled as she spoke how she was surprised to when her coat changed. "Dark coat or not, those red markings and your eyes gave you away" On the inside he was running and jumping, heart racing. She was back, she was safe!

His heart nearly beat out of his chest as she stepped closer to place her cheek to his. Aaron closed his eyes, rubbing his cheek to her's until she stepped back. A look of worry flashed across his face as she grimaced. It was quickly replaced as she spoke again. This time she was worried he would be mad at her... "Phi I could never be mad at you...." There was so much he wanted to tell her, but yet he choked back the words instead. He was worried of how his best friend, would take the fact that he cared as more than just a best friend....
Ascended Helovian

Pretty little angel
Can we play your game?

Ophelia chuckled when he said that her red markings and eyes gave her away. "Heh yeah, I suppose those are a little obvious, hm?" she said, smiling. She was also very glad that he was not mad at her, and she let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, well that is good. I was worried that I would offend you. I had to sort out myself."

He looked like words were on the tip of his tongue and eager to spill over. "What is it?" she asked.

He grinned as she chuckled, glad to see her laughing again. He remembered she didn't like to be protected, that she didn't like to be touched. So much that was just the little things about her. His ears flickered back and forth as she sighed. "I think after what we saw in Isilme... We all had to sort things out.... I keep being drawn back to this beach every time I need to think"

If horses could blush Aaron's face would of turned a bright red at the next words she spoke. "Welll uhh.... I....." He took a deep breath to steady his nerves. It took him a minute before he spoke again. "You're my best friend, right? You could never hate me no matter what I say or feel?" He had to know if she would hate him... Because he couldn't stand it, to tell her what he was truely thinking if she would hate him in the end...
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia mulled thoughtfully over his words and nodded. "I suppose those are the memories I am most trying to forget," she replied. The beach was nice, but it reminded her so much of home. She loved the snowy mountains and the frosty chill. Little did she know that soon there would be nothing but heat and desert.

Phi watched him grow uncomfortable, and she furrowed her brows in concern. The way he set up his questions made her think that perhaps what he would say would be something that she did not very much like. With a small grunt, her ears fell to the side warily. "Of course..." she trailed. "I could never hate you."

He took a deep breath as she said she could never hate him. He hoped her words would still be true once he spoke what he needed to say. "Phi, remember that day on the beach when I came to make sure you were alright? Well I was coming to talk to you." He paused, steadying his own nerves. He took another deep breath before just speaking "I care about you Phi, as more than just a best friend. I don't want to ever see you hurt or unhappy...." He let his voice trail off, nerves getting the best of him. What would she say? Or think? Would she hate him? He looked out to the sea, waiting for her to speak....