the Rift

[PRIVATE] Moon of My Life [Moon Goddess]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

The blue-eyed demon had worked his way across the land, traveling with purpose. From the moment he had learned of this place from Ulrik the mad engineer, a burning desire to visit the Veins of the Gods had ignited in Torleik's chest. It had taken him longer than he wished to finally make it here and hoped the gods were not displeased with his slowness.

The goddess. Not the gods.

Torleik was here for one deity only: the Moon Goddess.

A hope, perhaps childish, rested near his heart that she would look upon him favorably and allow him an audience. The stallion knew this land was still mending, the ascended beings of Helovia still an uncertainty amongst many of the inhabitants. That did not alter his desire to be here, to experience this pilgrimage, to put his faith into words and his loyalty to a vow.

Hooves stepping carefully on the rough, unpolished obsidian-sparkling surface, Torleik followed the glowing blue lights, feeling a calm slide over his being and seep deep into his soul. All that had happened, all that was to happen, it would not change this moment, this feeling, this serenity. His glacial eyes roved over the scene before him, seeing the shrines in the distance. He approached the first and found it lacking - it was not his Goddess', covered in black veins and blue flowers. This was the Earth God's, a deity he had little interest in. Torleik continued on, passing by the blackened shrine of the Sun God, though he dipped his head in respect. The sun and the moon were cyclical, the moon shining bright because of her fiery brother. The stallion respected that.

His walk slowed to a stop when he came to the next shrine, the quiver in his skin telling him he was finally here. The fractured nature of the shrine and the blackened symbols made him wonder, and Torleik gently touched one with his muzzle. A weariness overtook the powerful male then, and he sank down, his form bowed before the Moon Goddess' place of worship.

"Goddess of the Moon..." he began, his words faltering. What should he say? What could he say? "I am a stranger in a strange land far from my home. I know few here, and those I do seem hellbent on war, death, insanity or the subjugation of others. Where is my place here? When I arrived, the night was endless, a comfort with your light high in the sky, but now the sun has come again, robbing me of even that night that would soothe me." Torleik closed his eyes and rested his head on the ground, his heart heavy.

"I have always been loyal to the moon, to your power over the waters, to your sway over the passing of time and the seasons," he murmured. "If I could but see you, I would kneel before you and pledge myself to your service. My loyalty to you seeks purpose, my goddess. Gift me with that purpose. Please..." he breathed, falling silent, waiting for any response his ears might catch.

TORLEIK

"If I had a heart I could love you, if I had a voice I would sing. After the night when I wake up, I'll see what tomorrow brings."

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
A dark cloud covered the sky, simulating night, and a thick mist envelops you briefly. The moon hears but cannot come. She gives you a sign, however, that she is always near, welcoming of the devotion.
Perhaps in the days to come, you will see her in the flesh.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

Torleik lifted his head and looked up curiously when the sky suddenly darkened. A mist came down and enveloped him and the stallion felt calmed and embraced. "Thank you, my goddess..." he murmured, pleased that he had received some manner of response. At least she could hear him. Perhaps, in the future, he would be able see her in all her splendor, speak to her, learn her scent.

That would be a magnificent night.

TORLEIK

“The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.”

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!