the Rift

With contamination comes a fever. [[Graveyard, Azzaron]]

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

Finally, finally we were back in control. We had torn our way up through the depths and burst up from underneath and regained everything. We had pushed the other back down into the murky base of our cranium. We cackled in glee, causing a twisted look to appear on our maw, and our orbs to blaze a shocking cerulean. The bloodlust that had been absent for so long had returned and was cursing its way round our bloodstream, heart racing and head pounding.

The silly bastard had really thought that we were so weak that we would shrink away from the return of the sun. Though it wasn’t ideal, we were strong enough now that we could push past the harsh light and get on with what needed to be done.

We needed to fight. And none of this pansy training stuff the other had had us doing. No, a real all out battle, one that led to possible death, or at least one hell of a lot of rust spilling. Didn’t matter if it was ours or theirs. Of course, we would prefer it to be theirs. We were just longing for the smell of iron dripping onto the earth, the sounds of ivories tearing into muscled flesh, the screams of pain as someone toppled to the ground or was sliced open. We needed the thrill of the fight, we had been gone too long. There was a lot of lost time to make up for, and we intended to start RIGHT NOW.

Pistons pushed us forward, at some speed, orbs scanning the entire area for some unsuspecting piece of prey. A piercing shriek left our lips, our own form of disturbing battle cry, causing birds to scatter back into the air above and rabbits to scurry back under the cover of the foliage. We passed a few weaklings on our travels, but none were even worth slowing down for. If this was to be done, then it had to be done properly, with someone who was actually worthy.

The funny thing was, that this time, we fully intended on handing the reins back over to the other, but only after we had caused maximum havoc. It was to serve as a warning, to show just what we were capable of. They needed to be shown what would happen if we were to be kept from hunting for as long as last time..

To show that we really meant business, we had dressed up for the occasion. Our eyes were black and pupil-less, rather than the baby blues that they normally were. A half white mime mask was covering up the right side of our dial, and red berry juice covered our pistons and belly. Hopefully soon though, that would be replaced with real life blood. The thought caused us to omit a deep, rich cackle that boomed out through the trees. To top it all off, a black, long ragged cape surrounded our neck and swathed our carcass. We weren’t going for any look in particular, aside from creepy as hell..

Finally, we reached an open clearing, short grass with a slight dew upon it, for it was still relatively soon in the day. And low and behold, there stood one who was worthy of being our sacrifice. A creamy golden skyrat, alone and just prime for the taking.

We pushed ourselves hurtling from the shadows at a breakneck speed, approaching from behind, ivories bared and ready to attempt to slice at his ample rump. We slowed ourselves down to give us a chance to gain a purchase on the muscled behind. We then quickly swung ourselves round, so that we were able to run and ram his belly, neck outstretched, head barrelling forward at speed.

As did we so however the damn cape slipped round to our belly and tangled slightly in our pistons. “DRAT!” We screeched out loud, for what was the point of dressing up, if it was only to get in our way of a bloody and great victory?

We regained our composure, still circling around the winged rat, mocking;

“Come on you dodo, you great lump you.. show us what you are made of! You at least want to die with a little dignity, don’t you..?”

All of this was spat at him, as we snaked our way round him, hooves primed to dodge anything he tried to throw at us.

[[739 words. 1/3+ 0/1 final defence. Arlo flings himself at Azzarons rump, slowing himself down to try and tear a chunk out with his teeth, he then brings himself round to attempt to ram into Azzaron from the side. He cloak gets slightly tangled in his legs. His costume consists of a ragged black cape, tied round his neck, pure black contact lenses and half white mime mask across the right side of his face along with red berry juice staining his legs and belly.
WEATHER - It's a nice clear and mildly sunny birdsong day, 10am.
SETTING - A grassy field that goes fetlock high, forgiving and not too wet. Some flowers and trees are around, a creek cuts through in one area near two trees.]]
" "
Fugue
739 words.
@[Azzaron]

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
Catch your dreams before they slip away
Fighting strangers was an odd pastime, but who cared? I needed to practice in case I needed to defend my love and my offspring. There he was, a dapple bay with eyes as black as night. I pulled my head back, laughing. He looked so silly with his little cape and berry red legs. I didn't look as silly. I was draped in a long red cape, like a fighter of bulls. I grinned, my teeth flashing at the stallion. My cape was long and flowing, slanting to the side. I dressed as a military officer, but my body was painted with scratches and fake guts hung from my side. I snickered, my legs moving swiftly. I raised my head and laughed, looking at the stallion who was also dressed up.

He advanced, trying to bite my quarters. I threw up my hind legs, trying to jam his mouth up. His teeth were in my flesh, but who knew what he would try to do. He could get away with a few quick moves, but I could still twist and turn. I slipped away as he tried to ram me down. I glanced back, a grin on my face as I tried to slap him with a wing or my tail before moving away. I tore off my cape, tossing it to the side as the stallion curses. I laugh as he tries to free his cape, squirming.

I circle around him, a grin on my lips. When he frees himself, I propel myself away, opening my wings to lift me up. He taunts me, calling me a dodo. I laugh at his foolish mistake. "I am no fat flightless bird, silly boy. I can fly, and I'm not fat, as you can see. Unless you are blind, no?" I snicker, swooping down above his back and throwing my daggers down. I rose up, my large wings beating. If he hadn't moved, he might be slapped by my big appendages. "I am indeed part of a bird, but not a pure bird, as you might see." I rocket into the sky, shaking my rear as to taunt him. He had no spear mounted on his head, nor wings to chase me with.

So what harm can he do?

"Azzaron being pissed off."

ooc: he's wearing fake scratches and flesh all over ( which have berry juice/fake blood smeared everywhere ), had a long red cape that slumped over his right shoulder, but he tore it off when he saw Arlo's cape get stuck. arlo's blow to his rear hit, but he kicked up in attempt to slam Arlo's teeth back. he then tries to slap Arlo as he dodges Arlo trying to ram into him. He then flys up, swooping down to try to dig or grind Arlo's back using his hooves. Now he's just hovering above the ground where he taunts Arlo.
word count: 379 ( i swear it will get better )
Credits
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

It was time to get down to business, for it seemed that we might have underestimated our victim a little. As our ivories sank deep into his well- muscled flank, he surprised us by kicking his hind pistons upwards, throwing our cranium and us backwards, so that our attempt to ram into his side completely failed and missed. And to insult to injury, he whipped his banner in our face so hard that it stung and caused our pitch black pools to water.

Squinting it turned out, was not an advisory tactic for battle. A piercing scream emitted from our maw, in sheer frustration. We needed blood and we needed it Now. The bloodlust was surging through our system, pounding it way through our heart and vitals. It had reached such heights now that it was causing us to go slightly dizzy, and we had to take a few calming breaths before trying again.

A victory in this battle would seriously help our cause. We would leave this skyrat beaten and battered in the rust covered grass, just in time for the other, to return and to break down as he saw just what his genetics were really capable of. With any luck, it would cause him to lose his mind completely, giving us total free range to do what we pleased. But, in order for our plan to work, we needed to regain some serious footing. In a bout of rage, we turned our head and bit through the ties of our cape and tossed it to the side, it was too much of a hindrance, and besides, he hadn’t been even remotely creeped out.

In our distraction, we had allowed him to start his attempt to get off the ground, which made everything so much more complicated. We decided that attack was our best form of defence, and an attempt to pull him from the skies was the best way forward. As he began his trajectory upwards, we threw ourselves forward, fore pistons flying outwards in rage, in an attempt to kick his rear pistons from beneath him.

“Aye, you might be airborne, dodo, but it doesn’t mean you’ll stay there…”

As he rose, we shifted our carcass out from underneath him, in order to either move from his falling form, or his large wings beating in order to maintain flight. In retaliation, he dropped his pistons downwards in attempt to scrape at our spine. We span ourselves out the right, taking a slight scrape from his hooves, the burning sensation causing us to wince a little.

As he rose back into skies, he chose to shake his rear end, mocking us. But the pause gave us an opportunity. We brought ourselves up onto our rear pistons, fore pistons again striking outwards, hoping either for his flanks or hind legs, to topple him from the air.

“If you’re asking if your bum looks big, then the answer is yes, bird brain!”

We screeched, pistons flailing, awaiting his fall back down to earth.

[[505 words. 2/3+ 0/1 final defence. Arlo is stung in the face by Azzarons tail, causing his eyes to water and him to lose focus. In a rage, he rips his cape off. He launches himself forward as Azzaron attempts to leave the ground, fore legs kicking out in attempt to take Azzarons back legs out. He takes a slight scrape across his spine from Azarons legs, and then rears, kicking out again with his fore legs to try and take Azzaron out of the air. ]]
" "
Fugue
505 words.
@[Azzaron]
woah, this sucked oO

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Arlo wins by default.
.5VP awarded for incomplete challenge.