the Rift

Heartbeat Like a Drum [Ktulu]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

Dust billowing through the desert, whipping against rocks in the summer winds. Nothing out of place under the blue sky being rained down upon by the heat of the sun. Scurrying lizards, tumbleweeds, red rocks, dust, heat. And then, suddenly, he appears.

Out of thin air the massive bay comes to stand upon the red sand of the desert. His posture is tall, firm, like the rocks upon which his gaze lands. Green eyes pouring out an ageless quality of youth, his black mane whipping around his eyes, red tips denoting the warm season. The arid air around him begins to feel different, more welcoming as he stands there. Underneath his black hooves, grass begins to grow, a small patch from the infertile dirt. Amidst the blades of emerald green grows a small flower, white in color with crimson tipped edges, just like the mare he had arrived her to speak with.

Gentle voice, rumbling like thunder, emerges to call her to this place. Her ears, however, will somehow be the only one to pick up the sound. "Ktulu, I have something to ask of you."

"blah blah blah."

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

A man delivered can never
Make his way in the darkness

Ktulu's ears twitched and she lifted her head, looking around to see who it was that had spoken to her. She frowned, uncertainly, when she saw that there was no one around her within ear shot. Rather than shrug it off and go back to grazing on the nearly dead patch of grass she had been she decided it would be best to go and look for the source of the call. The deep, baritone voice had a familiar, comforting ring to it and it alone felt as though it were pulling her from the spot she had been standing.

Guided by her instinct alone, the young mare traveled in search of the one who had called upon her. The last one she expected to see was the Earth God waiting for her. Her crimson eyes widened and she quickly bowed her head to the god. "Father Earth." she murmured to him. "I wasn't expecting to find you... did you call for me?"

It was strange thinking that the Earth God had called upon her. What could she possibly do for him? He was the epitome of strength and kindness. She was so very weak in comparison, yet she would do anything he asked of her.

Icon by Tay

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth

He stands firm, waiting patiently for the arrival he knew would come. The familiar figure rose from the desert heat, meeting him despite the intense heat above. A smile breaks across his face in welcome, inviting her to stand closer on the grass which grew from under his feet. Her head tilted downward in a respectful fashion, red eyes wide in surprise. The Earth God supposed that he could not blame the mare for being shocked by the sudden appearance of the deity. While mortals often came to see the Gods, the Gods rarely had the same initiative to meet with mortals.

This was not just any meeting, though. Father Earth had a proposition for the new mare, hoping that she would accept. The sun above was a constant reminder of why he was here, to avoid a catastrophe like this Tallsun if he could. His smile slowly dwindles, replacing it with a more serious expression as his begins to speak.

"I wish to speak with you, Ktulu," he says very frank, his voice rumbling like a rockslide. "This season has brought many suffering, and I would like to avoid such problems in the future." A pause is given as the God looks at Ktulu more closely. He was certain he had made the right choice, but she could always refuse. "I would like to give my mortal children a child of my own blood to protect them, to protect the balance, and I would like for you to be the dam of this child."

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

A man delivered can never
Make his way in the darkness

When the Earth God smiled, Ktulu moved to stand closer to him, astonished at the way the air seemed less oppressive around him. Ktulu looked down at the ground, wondering if it felt that way because she was standing in his shadow. There was no shadow, however. There was grass and a single flower, white with red edges that reminded her so much of her own family. Ophelia would look beautiful with that flower tucked into her mane, she thought, before her gaze rose back to the deity.

Her ears tilted forward as the Earth God began to speak and she nodded her head, agreeing with him as he said the season had been harsh on everyone. "How would you avoid it in the future?" She asked. If there was one thing she knew for certain is was that the future was very uncertain. As a filly she never imagined that she would have her legs fixed or that she wouldn't be living on the beach in the Tides or that she'd have two hellish younger brothers.

Ktulu was shocked into silence when the Earth God revealed to her that he wished to have a child and that she be the child's mother. It was a lot to think about all at once. She'd only recently become old enough to even consider becoming a mother and now the Earth God was approaching her, asking her to bear his child. "Me? Why?" she asked, astonished that he would think highly enough of her to ask her. She

"Yes." She said a few seconds later. What was there to think about? If her bearing a child for the Earth God would ensure their safety, especially her sister's, then she would do it a hundred times over. "It would be an honor to carry your child."

Icon by Tay

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth

Ktulu was attentive, and for that the God was grateful. For such a young mare, she had a maturity about her that he noticed the first time they met. Her sister, Ophelia, had it was well. Perhaps her injury had made her grow faster than other foals, as Ophelia's memory had made her much different from the rest of her peers. She was strong, just like the family from which she came. If it was her, his son would be strong as well.

The shock which crosses her face at his proposal was not entirely unsuspected. It did not look like a shock that would breed a rejection, but just honest surprise. Self-doubt, so common in mortals, was a sign of modesty. The God of the Earth smiles. Her question is not unexpected, but he still almost breaks into a chortle as she says it. The laughter resides only in his gentle smile, not crossing over into sound. "You are a strong, caring individual, Ktulu. I wish for those traits to be taught to my son as well. I believe that even during my absences, he will have a wonderful teacher."

Her acceptance made the chuckle on the tips of his lips spill over, joy in his green eyes. "I am so very glad."

[ I'm going to go ahead and post his stats in the Grove, but we can continue this if you want. ^^ ]