the Rift

we will carry you there.

Caelia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The song of many birds above catches my attention, and with harks raised I lift my
dome to gaze upwards into the dark flock of creatures that take to the quickly turning
blue sky. It is with growing joy that the tar lips part to create a smile, this is the first
dawn since the beginning of time it seems. When has she last been able to see the ground which she walks,
the dangers and beauties that lurk in the forests? It seems to be centuries, and with the joy of the rebirth of the sun,
comes a wave of bitterness. It crashes over the expansion of my soul, washing away happiness as if it were loose
sand upon the beach. The bird brains had taken over my home, slaughtered my family and crippled my sister and I's
future. The unblessed ones, unpure, had gathered with jealousy at the border's of their homeland. When they were turned
away for what the divines had not given them, they began to riot in the streets. The army of her brother's and sisters
that had been built for war had responded with brute force, driven to murdering the fool's who would
blame them for their death's. And what choice had they given them, when they had marched to the doors and tried to take the lives of their family?
What choice had they been given, when they tried to murder my sister and myself? And still, the muddied line of the unblessed had went to the
cowards with wings that had pretended to be neutral to their faces and backstabbing thieves behind their backs.
I still remembered the stench of blood as my future city was destroyed, still remembered the screams.
I still remembered my parent's sacrifice, so that my sister and I would live. And now the cast out princesses- nay, queens since the death
of her mother, were lost in the shadow's that fled from the land as the sun began to make it's
slow rise into her vision. It was difficult not to simply gaze at it's glory, after so long of being in the company of the moon.
I needed to find my sister. They mustn't have taken her, though the thought made me even bitterer.
I had lost her, after all, in the chaos.

I also needed to find other's, other's who were like them; pure in heart and body, blessed by the
divine's. It was essential for me to find a home, for the wilderness was not suited to one
such as she. She was meant to be in a kingdom, among the purebreds. She was
not meant to scavenge the darkness as a vulture. Vultures - hilarious, the bird brains were all vultures.
They would pay for their crimes against my people, my family. They would beg her for mercy,
and I would cut out their hearts as trophies for her victory.
I paused next to a body of water, and my crimson eyes peeked out behind my
silvery forelock. cursing the forest around me as if it was it's fault for my troubles.
With a elegant dip of my head, I took a slow, long, satisfying gulp of water; feeling it's
cooling life liquids slide down the back of my throat. I sighed, before gazing into the never-ending forest.
I was sick of walking. The mile's stretched on, painfully slow.
"To stay, or not to stay, to rest, or not to rest.." My lyrics escaped my maw, liquid dripping down into the pond below.
It created ripples across the surface, and my crimson orbs turned back to gaze into it's depths, as if the
water held my answers for me.

CREDITS

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
Delicately, each golden limb moved in perfect flow and sequence, disturbing the brittle leaves that covered the path with only the slightest rising of noise. She wanted to rebuild, and thus she would spend the next several weeks journeying to and from the high splendor of the Basin to the wilds that currently housed her future army. Many problems pressed in on her from all angles; their failures, the stolen members of her home, the fact that since the battles had been waged, she had seen neither hide nor hair of her dearest Psyche. Most of her problems could be resolved through gathering new units, but as to the issue of her missing and only friend, she had no answers, only worries. The black mare remained in the back of her mind through each passing day without her, adding more purpose to her journeys to the south than just recruiting; it was a peace of mind she sought. One could not fret over missing loves when travelling, at least not so much as she worried while sitting at home twiddling her proverbial thumbs, and she found that even the song of the birds trilling above were enough to keep her from slipping into the state of dismal pondering that she had been stuck in since limping home from the Edge.

The laughter of a creek met her ears, blending joyously with the sounds of birds and the hushed sway of branches, the lithe mynx slipping nearer the source of the water to refresh her dry throat. As the glimmering water arrived in her vision, so did a noise tickle her eager ears; a voice. She paused, turning her finely crafted features towards the source of the sound, intrigued by it's feminine tones and the possibility that the speaker wore a horn upon her crown. Disregarding her thirst for the moment, the woman set off along the water to the right, her steps more purposeful and less silent than they had been before.

She rounded a bend and slipped around a large boulder embedded in the creek bed, golden gaze finding, to her delight, that the one who had spoken was indeed a unicorn; her red horns gleamed in the light that streamed through the slits in the leaves, a glorious assemblage of death that made the golden backed mare nearly giggle with happiness at how simply beautiful the set of swords were. The femme's sleek, ivory pelt was a fine touch, and as the Lady drew nearer, she found that the woman's eyes matched her most precious attachments, filling the elitist bitch with a surge of enthusiasm that lit up her very feminine features with a glowing happiness. "Salutations, traveler!" she called out across the fifteen or so feet still separating them, increasing her pace to a lazy and bouncy trot until reaching three or four feet from the mare, coming to a regal halt, her tiara angled high upon a gracefully curving neck.

"I am the Lady Illynx, hailing from the northern Aurora Basin," she began, her smile friendly and welcoming as a naive child's, a tactic she had found to be rather useful in the past and frequently returned to, "and might I just say, my dear, that you wear such a glorious crown!"
if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Caelia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Solitude did not stay with Caelia on this eve. It left as a wisp, and with it's disappearance came her deliverance. A elegant figure, lithe, feminine, and yet she decided that this femme knew much more of warfare then she ever had. Her orb's roamed her companies face, flitting, darting, It was almost too easy to simply ignore the smaller and scarred left hark. Orb's of pearls in the shape of golden flakes, they shimmered in the reflection of the sunlight and glittered as diamond's in the warmth. A sleek, long dagger that lured with it's beauty as a fish does to well-placed bait. The graceful length of her neck faded into a long-legged seal brown bodice. Dark skinned, and yet, impurities are difficult to find upon the huntress who approaches her. The buttery streak in her ebony locks move her attention to the slight bounce of mane and tail as she moves yet closer, and finally comes to a stop in front of her frame. Her hooves are placed with regal step, her bodice held with grace and ease. It is obvious that this is a mark of royalty, something that the two stranger's
share quite in common, coupled with the simple fact that they were of the divine's creations. The huntresses' tiara is tipped high, and she instinctively mirrors the expression with her own crown. Proper etiquette, one of the many things she was taught well in her classes with her family. Her family.
Another surge of bitter aftertaste fills her maw.

Her guesses of royalty are proven true, as the woman she now knows as Illynx tells her of her ranking. The Lady of the Aurora Basin, not the name one is simply given at the entrance to a kingdom's gates. It is a title of high esteem, she recognizes. And yet, she has never heard of this which the Lady speaks of. The Aurora Basin is not common knowledge to her, nor does the remember teaching's of it when she was under the care of her family. If the lost princess was more arrogant, she may have cast the name aside as a heady attempt at the respect a royal is given. And yet, she is not, even with all her many flaws, she trusts in the Lady of the Basin that her words stand true. A soft lilting sigh escapes her maw. It is but a fool's errand to pretend to be more knowledgeable then one already is, and so her next words are spoken soft, as rain patters on the tops of wooden shelters, soft; and yet inquiring.
"Lady Illynx. A pleasure, I am Caelia." The thrum of her voice pauses, to continue on. "I do not remember the kingdom of the Basin in my classes, and yet I am certain you speak the truth. Apologies for my lack of knowledge, my Lady."

The Lady praises her for her crown, and she manages to express a light smile. Ah, yes, her weapons..
"I appreciate your kind word's, the dagger you adorn is - indeed, - lovely as well."
With crimson orbs she meets the Lady's molten gaze.
"Allow me to be quite blunt, Lady Illynx. My kin bore the same design's upon their domes. They now lay with bloodied bodies, for our kingdom was swarmed with the unblessed and the winged rat's that deem themselves to be worthy of the title of royalty. Upon a day which my kingdom celebrated, my Lady. We did not expect them to come on such a blessed occasion, and my people did not survive the overwhelming numbers of the flock's at our doorstep. I escaped with my dear sister, who I lost in the depth's of the forest. Perhaps the rat's of the sky took her as some caged pet, disgusting as the idea is. I am now a wanderer, without place to deem home. I seek such a place."
The princesses' crimson orbs turn dark with memories, memories and vengeful anger.
"I wish to bring justice upon the likes of that which burned my home to the ground, turned once glorious mansions to ashen soot and red wine. I beg any assistance you may provide me."
She waits with baited breath. What if The Lady, her sister in species, was allied with the winged rat's? This land could very well be different then her own homeland. It is a difficult pause, for the rampant, beating muscle inside her chest screams it's pain at her blackened soul. She must be patient, she must be. For her sister, for her family. It is essential, and so, she simply.. is.

@[Illynx]
SCRIBBLES: I apologize for the switch to third person, first person was not turning out to be my friend at all! I really hope this didn't cause any confusion on my behalf. (Ah, well, I tried!)

CREDITS

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
The moment of staring, of gauging one another. It was always tense and never missed, the hesitation of two strangers come to accept one another's existence. Proudly, the Lady absorbed the blood-toned gaze of the wanderer, her neck arched gracefully as her golden eyes settled upon the other's pretty face with a calm collection that belied how rampantly her thoughts danced about in her head. Most prevalent, of course, were the things that she had left behind on the mountain, a massive pile of things-to-do and not-enough-time to do them in, but also present were ruminations upon the white mare's appearance, and the state of her soul. Illynx cared not for Heaven or goodness; those things were well out of her small mind's reach. What she was concerned with was whether or not the ruby horned mynx could be utilized in the greatest scheme of them all.

Did she know how very blessed she was? That by birth, she was destined to rule the earth alongside her most favorable kin? Or did this one, like so many others, wallow in the hopeless and shallow pool of acceptance, a unification of the species?

The femme absorbs her words, the names and titles of strangers and stranger places, and only the faintest glimmer behind the red pools of her gaze hint that she ponders them much at all before she replies in turn. Hungrily, the golden mare swallows the name of the five horned miss, smiling kindly in reply to the admission of being faced with new knowledge. The girl is wise, at least, she thinks to herself, hoping that, perhaps, the unicorn may know the name of the land upon which she has stumbled. "Do you know of Helovia, then?" her womanly tones simpered, hoping to better guide the stranger as to where she was upon the broad earth, "it is the calling of the entirety of this country. The Basin is only a state, of sorts."

The light catches the embers of her crown as she raises it to the treetops, the golden backed warrior watching with glimmering eyes their ascent. Her lips split in delight at her own sword's mention, a kindly nod of her head given in response to the compliment that sent several strands of her ebony forelock dripping over a golden orb. Caelia's words proceed forward near seamlessly from the discussion of their most prized possessions, drawing an even more wicked tint to the already devious features of the Gilded Blade the further they pressed on.

It would seem she had found herself another much needed wolf on this day.

Little concern was given to the fact that she smirked as one discussed the death of her entire family; the Lady was nearly entirely possessed by the notion that her people had been fortunate enough that the pale girl had survived to join their cause. The golden mistress gave a slow and thoughtful nod as Caelia's voice was enveloped once more in the near silence of the movement of the nearby water. "Speak quietly of such things," she began, her voice lowered to it's smallest decibels as she took another step nearer the white unicorn, a devious glimmer alighting in her gaze as she snaked her mouth closer to disallow others to hear her words, should they be hiding in the shadow to gather information against her knowledge, "but I can help you, Caelia. Know that there are many in this kingdom who would cut free your tongue for speaking of such things -" a pause filtered into her explanation, a wicked half smile finding purchase on her delicate features as her golden eyes narrowed amusedly, "but know, also, that I keep no such company. I, too, desire your... justice."

A lack of justice, more like, but Illynx could not be swayed from the path that she had been forced on from such a young age. The hornless would all fall, or she would die with their blood at her hooves; no matter the outcome, she was inseperable from her loathing of the inferior rats that roamed the grand kingdom of Helovia. She was much the same as the princess seeking her stolen crown. "The Aurora Basin is a shelter for our kin, and our kin alone," she further explained, "and many, my dear, feel as we do. I am saddened that you have lost your home, truly - but you have one alongside us, if you so chose."

There was a river once,
with many round stones
enchanted by shallow hopes
of embracing the ocean;
water is peculiar this way,
how its life is a line
that cannot bend or change
without the approval of its bed.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.