the Rift

surely I deserve it [any god]

Viserys Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

VISERYS

merely this and nothing more.

The gods are the only creatures Viserys considers above himself. That does not mean he will come entirely humbly though; he believes that he deserves a...gift, after what he has suffered. After all, it was not so long ago he had a dragon by his side and the power to create flame. But the Usurpers had come, and through some foul means they had taken not only his family but all traces of magic from his being. Bastards, is it not enough that you took my kingdom, my herd?

Clearing his throat, Viserys begins his speech: "It is said that one may come here to pray, to worship...and to ask or favors. I am here for none of these reasons. I am here to strike a deal. Do I have your attention now?" He can't help but feel odd, talking to thin air, but no matter. Aerys the Mad King was known to talk to an empty room as well, and look at how mighty that stag was! Before...them.

Standing tall on the ivory pillars of his legs, Viserys continues: "I offer you my power, my wits, and my will to do whatever is necessary to reach my goals. There is no task too large for Viserys, the rightful King of Valyria. In return, I ask that you give me back my fire magic...or my dragon. I will not be so bold as to ask for both...although I would certainly not turn down that offer."

Viserys waits, certain that an answer will come.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

I'll never see any side of heaven
I'll walk for miles through a blazin' hell

"You're here to strike a deal?" His voice sounded from all around the stallion who was so bold as to approach his shrine and not pray or offer any kind of gift. Yes, he had the Sun God's attention, but would he really want it in the end? Flames shot up from the ground before Viserys, they twisted and spun together before dying out and before him stood the God of the Sun in all his fiery glory. "You dare approach my shrine and say you want to strike a deal. What do you think this is? I am no mere merchant!"

The heat began to intensify as the white stallion continued, offering his wits and power and his will. The Sun God snorted. "You waste my time." His eyes narrowed. "I have power beyond your comprehension. I know far more than you will ever hope to know. As for your will, I could shatter it easily and leave you as nothing more than a bone dry corpse in the desert."

Mortals. How he loathed them. They all thought themselves wonderful but if they were truly wonderful they would be gods would they not? "Offer me something of value!" He demanded. "Get down and grovel before me and then maybe I'll think about helping you." He stood there, eyeing Viserys and waiting to see if the stallion would do as he was told.

Unregistered

VISERYS

Viserys' bravado evaporates like water in the face of the sun god's heat. For a few moments he is speechless with a combination of fear, and anger at being made to feel that fear. He takes a deep, shuddering breath and, hating every second of this indignity, lets his front legs collapse so he sinks to his knees in a deep bow. "For-forgive me, s-sir, or ah, my lord, heh heh." He clears his throat and attempts to bring some sort of strength back into his voice. "I forget myself, at times. I forget that before the gods - before you, especially, god of gods - I am no longer royalty." Unable to stand being in a humiliating bowing posture for one for second, he rises but keeps his gaze cast down at the scorched earth at his hooves. "You have humbled me, my lord." he says quietly. And its true - Viserys is humbled before this fiery being, and it hurts like hell. It is agony. His pride is throbbing like a broken limb, and despite his best efforts there is a tremor in his voice. Nevertheless, his greed and fervent desire to regain his lost power drives him to try again: "Allow me to rephrase my request. I ask of you, I beg of you, I implore you to allow me to regain the power I once had. Let me be a spark to your mighty flame, for now, without my fire and my dragon, I am nothing." In this moment, the realization of his powerlessness hits him full in the face, and the King of Valyria is close to tears. Do not cry, he tells himself fiercely, Do not fucking cry, you are a king, a king, a KING!

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The Sun God remained stone faced as Viserys lost his bravado and began to stammer and goes down to his knees, begging for his forgiveness and trying to use flattery to his advantage. Rather than cut him off the Sun God stood, taking in the compliments and basking in them, letting them feed his already enormous ego. There is a slight shift in the God's facial expression as the stallion rises without being told or given permission to do so. It is a sleight against his honor and the Sun God will not forget it.

He listened cooly as the brute rephrases his earlier demands into the form of a plea. "If you want me to bless you with my magic then there will be a price to pay." The Sun God answers. No fire magic belonged to mortals. He blessed them with it, allowed them to use it but it was an extension of him and he could take it all away should he so please. But what was the world without fire.

"Even with magic your vanity and pride will be your downfall." He said as if he were one to speak. "If you want me to bless you with fire magic then you will humble yourself. For one season you will become a servant to the unicorn mare Keahi." The Sun God smiled. He knew of Keahi's attempted seduction of the Edge leader and he thought it amusing. It would be even more amusing for him to watch Viserys as he became the servant of the minx.

Unregistered

VISERYS

Servent. The word hits Viserys in the face harder than any kick could, and for several moments he is literally stunned speechless...which is rare for him. Several thoughts roll through his head:

Servent? Never. A king does not serve, no matter the circumstance! I will die before I serve a subject of this vile demon who calls himself a god!

Fuck. Oh fuck. This cannot happen! Bow again, beg again, roll on the ground, DON'T LET THIS FOLLY GO THROUGH!

Mother, father, help me...Daenerys...sister, help me.

I AM A KING, I AM A KING, A KING, A KING!

But in the end, even a foolish, vain craven like Viserys knows when there is no choice but to submit. If he does not obey this Sun God, he will be killed. I can rule no kingdoms if I am dead.

Finally, he manages to speak. His voice is low, flat, defeated. He drops his head so his nose is hanging by his feet, as if to graze and says, "Whatever it takes to please you, my lord, I shall do it. I swear you my service. Where will I find this...Keahi?"

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The God of the Sun laughed when Viserys submitted with little more than an internal argument, most of which was reflected on his face. When, at last, he asked where he could find Keahi the God laughed again. "Keahi is an outcast mare." You will have to search for her. The rest of the statement hung in the air between them and for a while the god offered no other information.

"But at the moment you will find her in the Foothills, speaking with one of the leaders." he said at last. The mare being in the Foothills of all places was what made the situation all the more humorous to him for her knew how much Viserys disliked the Foothills and its leaders. "When you find her tell her that the glorious God of the Sun sent you to her as a welcoming gift." He said, before laughing again. As he laughed flames leapt up and surrounded him. When they finally disappeared he was gone, leaving no trace of him behind.