the Rift

[OPEN] The Other Half of My Soul [Earth God]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
"Oh, Lord of the Earth, King Spirit of my home and the land of my kin... Please... Hear my pleading words, the words of a desperate, lonely soul."

Apollo's words were heavy and thick with emotion, his shoulders slumped and head held low in a manifestation of his burden. Stressed was perhaps not a good word to explain how he felt... And yet, he also felt as though he shouldn't complain. Blessed he was. Blessed that the Foothills herd had placed themselves at his back come Hell or high water, that they had given him their faith and trust, even though he felt he did not deserve it. Apollo's only fears were that he would let them down, as well as his patron God, should the event of an invasion ever arise.

He had been blessed with not only the Earth God's herdland, but the earthly magic of healing as well. He had served the God of the Earth faithfully since obtaining that magic, and his devotion had grown when he had been granted the title of Earth Medic. Through all of the success, however unwarranted Apollo felt it was, he couldn't help but feel... Lonely. Guilt felt like a cold hand clutching his heart. He had been given so much, and yet here he was, asking for more. Was this wrong of him? Had it been in poor judgement for him to come, seeking a gift only bestowed to those who were worthy enough?

A solumn heart he was, devoted to the welfare of his family, and yet the only thing Apollo truly wanted was to feel the unconitional love of one who understood. One who could feel as he did, who's heart beat like his did... The Merciful craved the precious, tender bond that only two souls that were linked together could share. For so long he had felt so lonely. The guilt once more returned. Surrounded by his family and friends... Was it right for him to feel that alone? Would the Earth God look upon him and frown at his greediness? Or would his Patron Father gaze upon the horned Chief with gentle understanding?

Many had come here, to this broken down place, searching for answers. Apollo had heard from those across Helovia that when one came here, some were greeted by the Gods. Others, however, had been turned away, some with nothing but silence and others with a gentle caress, as if a reminder that they were not alone. Apollo wondered which he would receive... He had travelled far to make it here, to the sacred Veins of the Gods. While it was growing into late evening, the heat and ash from the surroundings made it difficult to breath, but Apollo did his best to pay it no mind.

A nervous swallow, and Apollo was speaking once more. "Father Earth... If you deem me worthy of a gift of mutual understand, of a bond like no other... I would seek it from your earthly heart. Perhaps this is petty of me, for all that I have, but I yearn for a companionship far deeper than the breath I breathe. I... I pray that you will bestow your presence upon me, if you think me worthy. And if not... Then I will continue on my way, O' Lord."

[ooc: I would like to use my Veins pass from Apollo winning COTM from last month, please, if I can. <3 If accepted, Apollo will be questing for the blind Black Cat companion listed on his Wishlist. :3 If not, then I apologize for the inconvenience. <3]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

Finally the land was restored, and the God look upon his word proudly. He had been reborn from the very center of the rock, and he felt rejuvenated. The features of his normally ancient and wise face were smoothed with youth, though his emerald orbs remained timeless. With a tugging at his soul, he sensed the call of a mortal, and he felt obliged to help. Would the fixing of the world also repair some of the strains on the relationships with his siblings? He could only hope.

In an uncharacteristic manner, the God of the Earth flew toward the veins from a distant location that seemed to blend with the sun, remaining invisible and unattainable to those looking on. He spiraled the rock once before landing carefully in front of Apollo, his massive wings keeping him aloft until each, heavy and furred hoof touched the ground.

"So you want a soul mate?" he clarified, thinking on the matter. A smile crossed his lips jovially. "I shall grant what you seek, Apollo, but every righteous act must be earned. You are to meet with two of those who have companions of their own and speak with them about their connection. I want you to know what will be expected of your mind and soul before I tether you to another life," the God of the Earth said firmly.

[[VOTG pass used! You must start and complete two threads with characters who have companions and discuss their relationship before retuning!]]

CREDITS

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
From everything that he had heard, Apollo expected some kind of manifestation, some etheral and almost unnatural event to happen if the God of the Earth decided to show himself. This was, after all, the very first time he had traveled to this place, this sacred homestead of the almighty. For a few moments Apollo waited, his eyes lingering upon the weathered surface of the Earth God's shrine, shifting from hoof to hoof almost nervously...

And yet, it seemed that his pleading words had been heard.

A massive, bulking creature arrived with wings of the largest span, gliding down from the heavens before elegantly landing before the black and white overo. Apollo's honey-brown orbs widened and lingered upon the form of the God, and in almost a clumsy manner of realizing just who he was staring at, Apollo dipped his head downwards, nose tucked inwards towards his chest in as formal of a bow he could muster. He would have bowed at the knee, but... Apollo wasn't that graceful, and didn't trust himself to not make a fool of himself in front of a God.

The God of the Earth, once standing upon the very ground of the embodiment that he stood for, began to speak, and Apollo's ears tipped forward in genuine interest, and a bit of surprise. The Earth God was... Going to grant him something so special? If he could complete a quest? The stallion's heart clenched almost painfully in his chest, and the guilt once more returned... And yet, the longer that he looked upon the God's kindly face, the more that the Merciful found his guilt slipping away.

There was no expression of 'detest', or 'disgust' upon the Earth God's handsome face. Just... Understanding. Warmth. Love. It set Apollo's mind at ease, and with the caress of the Earth God's words, the Chief's worries began to slide away.

Releasing a soft, subtle breath, Apollo lifted his head and nodded. Should he meet the God's eyes when he spoke? Or was he... Unworthy of something like that?

"My Lord... I-I cannot thank you enough, for your time, this gift, this... Chance." The depth in which Apollo spoke gave way to just how deeply he felt, at receiving such instruction and time. From a God, no less! "I will do as you say, and seek out these individuals... When I have learned all that I am able, I will return here, as per your instructions. Thank you. This..." The stallion sucked in a breath and felt tears prick at the corners of his eyes. How could he even begin to explain how he felt? No longer would he wander in loneliness, searching for someone who simply understood."... This is more than I deserve, your Grace, but I thank you with everything that I am."

[ooc: Sorry for the wait <3]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!