as if they could,
find someone with whom to talk.

But as you near,
try not to fear,
as you stumbled upon a box.

For those who fear,
as they draw near,
will have to learn a lot.

Although the sun has broken through the sky, filling days once again with a banquet of light, there are still unbroken places of darkness within the woods. Places were the boughs of the trees inter-tangle and twist and grip at one another so profoundly, as to call into question whether or not they have done so on purpose.

For every dark tale, needs a dark setting. Is that not so?

And as with every dark tale, there is a feeling. Call it an intuition - a motivation, a palpitation of the heart - but do follow it, won't you? It will lead you down a path, first lit by the sun and the birds. Soon, the path becomes littered with shadow, as the light fails to fully penetrate through the foliage. And as darkness begins to take a firmer hold, you must realize there is no going back.

Only forward.

Within the woods,
the deep, dark woods,
are many who will look.

And though they would,
as if they could,
try to avoid this little nook.

But as you near,
try not to fear,
as it plays out like a book.

For those who fear,
as they draw near,
will not be met by the rook.

@[Arah]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
A R A H

I never live in the past like the forsaken.

The sun had returned to shed it's light upon Helovia once more. The light clashed onto her coat, making her almost blinding to look at. It filled her with so much happiness to finally be embraced in it's warmth again. A smile on her chops for a while she simply stood in the light and enjoyed it's presence. Helovia was once again back in it's rightful stance.

It wasn't long before she was moving again, exploring the forest further. The forest held so many wonders, cautiously Arah moved to look for them.

The soft fur around her legs and along her side had burnt away, the flesh was a raw pink. Moving hurt, she pressed on however movements cautious over the terrain. You could slip on the twigs and dead leave quite easily, The Impersonator had no wish to hurt herself even more. Thoughts were settled on the poor creature she had just tried to save, the mother who had died for her young. Arah's own mother had never been quite as caring...in fact the white doe's mother had always been excessively proud of her daughter, but Arah had never truly felt like she was loved. More an object that was to be admired. Either way she was happy that the egg had found a father, she wasn't even insulted that she hadn't been chosen. That just just the way life went. Wondering what the young stag would end up calling the child caused Arah to smile, no doubt it would be something beautiful to match the creature. Further and further she wondered into the forest, birds twittered and a gentle breeze rustled through the trees. The cool breeze was soothing for the pink burns on her legs, she wished that a healer from her home was here though. They could tidy her up in a matter of seconds, but it was a long walk back to The Basin and when she got there she would have to be responsible for delivering bad news.

With her very own golden orbs, Arah had watched her mentor Faelene be swallowed up be the tar monster that they had fought. The mare that had been her teacher had not stood a chance. As the mare as black as night had fallen to her knees and had been claimed. Death's cold grip had caught her and now there was nothing Arah could do but figure out how to tell her Lady Psyche that Faelene had passed away. Firstly she would make sure that she had all of her facts straight and then leave it to The Empress to announce it to the herd. For now so just needed a little but of time to collect herself. Following the call of a raven, the white mare began to wonder thoughtlessly further into the darkening forest. Pausing to study the way the trees had grown and shaped themselves, Arah felt a shiver roll down her white back. Elegantly the mare carried herself forward, trying to not worry about how the sunlight was starting to struggle to penetrate the thick growth of the trees. "How curious..." Paused by the thick roots Arah surveyed them carefully,
plotting out a path so she would not trip and tumble. Taking it one step at a time she pressed on forward, far too intrigued about what might lay ahead to turn back.

Something is urging her forward, she moves like a sleep walker enchanted by her bright dreams. Advancing into the darkness took guts, however the mare was not afraid. Nothing was harming her, nothing wrong had been done to her yet. Why should she fear something that had not happened? That would just be freaking herself out for nothing. What was that ahead? Nearing it was caution, Arah carefully crept up upon a ...box. Stunned for a moment the white doe simply stared at it. What was a box doing all the way out here? Bending down to sniff at it Arah found no telltale sings about what may be concealed within it. Looking around for the owner, the pale mare waited. "Hello?" She called out into the darkness, an eire feeling pricked itself all over her coat.

Maybe this hadn't been such a smart idea after all...

" "
710 words.
Can I just say; OHMYGOODNESSTHANKYOUSSSSSSSOOOOMUCH! ^^
[Drawing by aeolle]
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

From behind the trees a rather curious creature emerged. It appeared almost like a giant ferret - err. Perhaps like a furred lizard? With a head of a weasel, and an elongated and decidedly reptilian frame (albiet a furred one), and a long and thick leonine tail, it certainly was an odd cacophony, visually. It's fur was a muted brown, with diamonds on it's back (much like those of a snake), in a darker colour. A thick tuft of fur ran from between it's upright ears, down to its shoulder blades. The top of its head would reach around Arah's shoulder, should they stand next to each other.

Purposefully, the creature elegantly moved from behind a tree; at first on four legs as it neared the box, and then drew itself up upon two - leaning back on its haunches, with its tail for balance.

"Hello" it remarked in a masculine voice, bright golden eyes looking with quiet approval towards the white unicorn. It - he - placed his hands upon his furred hips after plucking a blade of grass from near the box, and popping it into his mouth. Chewing for a moment, he continued to regard Arah silently.

"It is good that you've come." He said after a moment. Dropping his eyes, he began to inspect the nails on one paw, and then the next with a casual interest. Once he was satisfied with their state, his eyes rose to the unicorn once again. "Well? Shall we then?"

Dropping to all fours, he slunk around to the side of the box opposite Arah, producing a key from somewhere in his dense fur. The key was black and thick looking - as if it had been carved using stone. It looked archaic and bulky, still, the Rook seemed to appear quite confident it would do the job. Indeed, he began to tap the key against the lock on the front of the box, as if awaiting her answer.

A R A H

Standing beside the box the mare watches as the most bizarre creature emerges from behind a tree. Silence takes a hold of her, all Arah can do is stand and watch. It moves strangely, it's furry body glimmers in the dull light the surrounds them. It's head was that of a weasel, mixed with a rather reptilian frame, and a long and thick leonine tail. Shivers run down down her back as she watches it, staring was rude but she could not help it. The brown fur, blended nicely with the darkness and with diamonds on it's back, Arah could almost see the beauty in it's coloration and uniqueness. A thick tuft of fur ran from between it's upright ears, down to its shoulder blades. She guessed that it was a relatively tall creature, but it would not nearly match her in height. Forcing a smile onto her chops, Arah nodded her head in greeting. Stop staring! Be polite! Quickly adverting her eyes back down to the box, The Impersonator waited for the weird creature to speak first. After all this creature had a purpose for being here, she did not.

Moving with purpose on all four legs, the creature neared the box, and then drew itself up upon two. Arah watched with a sick fascination as it then proceeded to begin leaning back on its haunches, with its tail for balance. It was still silent between them. Golden orbs studied the bizarre thing, no doubt it was also closely inspecting her. The cat still had her tongue, she knew that her face portrayed her surprise. Never in her life had she met something quite so different.

"Hi there." As always Arah was impeccably polite. To put a cherry on top she mustered a true smile for him, trying to make him feel welcome. "I'm sorry if i'm intruding, I'm not trying to steal your box Sir." She watched with curiosity as he began to chew on some grass, her smile did not fade however. It was important to Arah that he knew her presence meant no threat to him, in fact if he needed help Arah would be the first person to offer it. Right now she may be battered and bloody, however she could still pack a mean kick if it was needed.

He told her it was a good thing she had come. Confusion now masked her face. "Is it?" She asked. Her eyes still stared at the strange weasel, dropping his eyes, he began to inspect the nails on one paw. She wondered if the paw was hurt...until he then did the next paw with the same casual interest. Raising her eyes from his paw she glanced to his box, wondering if it was about to explode or if it was filled with some sort of poison...Or maybe something else was in there...something nice and friendly. Arah couldn't guess what though. When the creature spoke again she looked at him once again thoroughly confused. "Shall we what, Sir?" Arah inquired her voice soft and inquisitive. The creature the dropped back onto all fours, and slunk around to the side of the box opposite the white doe. The glint of metal caught her eye, he had somehow produced a key from somewhere in his dense fur. The key itself was a curious thing, it was black and looked rather thick. It's bulky size and density suggested it had been craved from something quite solid. When he began tapping it against the side of the lock Arah's curiosity took a hold of her. "I would love too see!" The excitement was fresh in her tones.

Wide eyed and mouth slightly parted Arah glanced at the creature. A single chuckle escaped her lips. "I'm being rude and rather nosy." She straightened up and sorted her face out. Adopting a mask of calm yet still interested, Arah tried again. "If you are sure Sir, I would love to see what is concealed within the box." A soft smile once again, gentle eyes and a submissive stance. Deciding that she didn't want her height to be imposing the mare knelt down beside the box waiting patiently. Her long lock spilled around her, her ruined pelt caught a dim streak of light every now and then. The sun still held her, surely the contents of the box could be that bad. Now watching the creature, Arah waited. Excitement filled her to the brim however.

Oh let it be something wondrous!

" "
751 words.
[Drawing by aeolle]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

"..Steal my what? Why dear girl, it isn't my box at all, now is it?" He advised her, with a chuckle and curious scrunch of his nose.

He paid her no mind, as she tittered her questions. It occurred to him that perhaps she was doing it because she was nervous - creatures often did that sort of thing around him. But then again, perhaps they were not used to have strangers bestow gifts spontaneously upon them. That was their loss though, really. As she finally stilled, his gaze returned to hers, quietly letting his eyes roam over her one last time - ensuring she was the one he had been sent here to find.

But of course she was - she had followed his invisible breadcrumbs, had she not?

"Alright dove. Though I must warn you -" and with that, his voice ceased to be heard by her eyes. Instead, it was a whisper -

-in her mind.

-this gift can be a burden to both those it is used upon, as well as yourself. Tread lightly, little dove."

With that - his eyes remaining locked upon her - he reached down, and twisted the key into the lock. Although he did not turn it, a tumbler could be heard from within, popping open. Removing his paw from the key, he back up a step, as the box opened of it's own accord. Within, was a glowing ball of silvery-purple light. It rose into the air, shimming and twisting as it moved towards Arah. Pausing for a moment, the orb suddenly burst into a thousand points of light - seeming to whisper the name A R A H as it dispersed, falling gently upon the Unicorn's muzzle.

[Congratulations! Arah now possesses:
:: [DarkxLight | Ability to use mind control via whispers into an opponents mind]
:: [Restrictions | Must have permission from the victim in non-battle threads. In battle this takes immense concentration and is difficult to maintain; opponent can fight against the mind control to a reasonable degree] ]

A R A H

It wasn't his? Then who was it for? Frowning the ivory mare stared at the weasel creature that stood before her chuckling. He was such a strange being! The curious mare grinned sheepishly back once all of her ramblings had stopped, he did not seemed frightened by her presence. Hopeful that he would open the box to show her what was stored within, Arah let the silence fall into effect. His tones filled the air, he was warning her about something, holding onto his words she listened as his voice ceased to exist. Opening her mouth to speak, the Impersonator was of the mind to inquire what she needed to be cautious about…only…his voice filled her ears again. No, is wasn't from his throat that he spoke…his voice filled her mind.

Wide eyed, the mare stumbled back shocked, open mouthed and hardly believing what was happening. Arah did however heard the message that the Rook delivered to her mind loud and clearly. Tread carefully. A gift. The mare's startled eyes watched as he turned the key in the lock, the lid opened all by itself. The mare didn't quite know what she should do, impulse took over, she moved closer still to the box. What she saw within was truly breath taking.

Within the box, was a glowing ball of silvery-purple light. It's beauty could have been written about in tales, songs or legends. Only Arah was here though, after today she would have to become the story teller. The ball of magical power rose into the air, shimming and twisting as it moved towards Arah. This time the ivory doe did not back away, she simply stayed still not wanting to scare away this magical moment. Joy and excitement filled her to the brim, her eyes shone with the light of the orb. Pausing for a moment, the orb suddenly burst into a thousand points of light, it's brightness was frightening yet utterly exquisite at the same time. The points of light seemed to whisper the her own name as it dispersed, falling gently upon the doe's muzzle.

A warmness filled her, a slight intoxication took to her body. Within her soul the magic weaved itself into her. Shocked, Arah looked back to the Rook, her eyes and mouth full of questions. She would not ask them though, already today she had pestered him with enough of her verbal diarrhoea. "Thank you." Whispered the mare, the magic had finally made itself one with her, she could feel the power within her. The ivory doe was not afraid anymore by the creature or his looks. Only thankful and very curious. Laughing now Arah knew that she had to ask just one question, even though she had only just promised not to pester the poor creature. "Why me sir?" Asked the mare, her face was still lit up by a huge smile.

" "
484 words.
Sorry it took me so long to get a response up…but OH MY GOSH THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH! :DDD
[Drawing by aeolle]