the Rift

If I Run Will You? {Open}

Cypress Posts: 72
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 12 hands :: 10 months
Cy

Cypress
The Kind

The heat scorched Cypress's back as she trotted up to a forest, a shaded area. In her travels she had met tons of equines pegasi and unicorns. They had told her about this place called Helovia. One time she stayed with a wise old mare, she told her the story of helovia and how it grew. Cypress had loved listening to the stories. But she never lingered too long in one place. As Cypress walked into the forest her hoof steps were light and trembling, even though she loved being in a new land she was frightened about all the new things that could be lurking in the shadows. Other unicorns maybe.

Trotting, Cypress managed some energy. She had been exploring for a long time with the scorching heat weighing on her back and neck. She hated the heat. But now she was in the shade, panting. Her rose was scorched and her light green eyes dull with tire. Sighing Cypress shook herself and caught her own attention once again. Just like snapping out of a daydream. Looking around the Dark brown filly saw some light creeping out of the covering of trees and decided to rest.

She took her time getting over to the warm spot in the sun, she liked taking her time when she was tired. Cypress knelt and fell to the ground as she was attempting to lay down gracefully she was so tired she couldn't hold herself up. She lay there in the sunlight for a long while as she let herself drift off at times. But she always remembered what the old mare had said, it was a dangerous place in Helovia's threshold, and that she should always stay alert if she ever had gone there.

The sun's rays beamed across her back as she thought about the old mare and all the other horses she had met in her journeys and how much she would miss them, if she stayed here. Would she be an Outcast? No, certainly not. She just needed some time to think about what she would do here and why.

"Speech." Words:351 {OOC: How was that?}

[Image: 15d7tjd.jpg]
Permission for magic or cruelty directed to Cypress at all times. But not death.
Pixel-Tamme

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
He wasn't supposed to run away from his mama. But still, he had. After all, Fluffy had come with him. The feline was trotting by his side, her mouth open and tongue out. Her scarred face wasn't scary right now, but it would probably be scarier when she was older, like Azarel himself. The golden colt had just turned 2 months old, waaaaay to young to run away from mama. He had the excuse that you had to go on adventures sometimes, or else your life would get boring. In many ways, he was right.
Fluffy jumped a few steps ahead of him and he followed, quickening his pace. Where was he? The foal slowed down and looked around, widening his eyes as he did. Trees. Forest. Where was the meadow they had been on? Azarel and his mama's companion had played around on the meadow, and next thing you know - she was running to the trees! But they were in a forest now and there was no open meadow to be seen. "Fluffy... Where?" His pitched voice was quiet and he got a low meow back. She probably didn't know herself.
Even if the young foal was brave, he still was just a foal. He was too curious for his own good, according to both his mama and Fluffy - or at least that was what he thought. It was his mama's companion, not his. Though he wanted a bond like they had, because at times, they were like one. They understood each other so well.
Would the golden boy ever have a bond like that with anyone?

Azarel's thoughts drifted from one to another in a very short amount of time, and soon enough he almost fell over something. He came back to reality and looked around. They were still in the forest, but they had come to a spot where the sun shone and showered them with warmth. Fluffy meowed and brought the colt's attention to what he had almost tripped over. A filly. He widened his dual-colored eyes and took a few steps back from the spotted brown filly. Where did she come from? "Hello? Who... Aaare.. You?" He got frustrated over his talent of speech. Why couldn't he speak like he did in his mind? He knew the words, but it was so hard to form them with his lips and tongue.
"I, Azarel. This, Fluffy." She should understand him though, because he could understand himself. Fluffy understood as well, because she gave a low-pitched roar to make her presence known.
The colt gazed over the filly and smiled. She was pretty, like his mama. Even though his mama was a teeny tiny bit prettier. This one had a small horn on her forehead, and no wings. 'Unicorn. Like me.' he thought and smiled even wider. Sure, wings were pretty, but it felt better with horns somehow. Or nothing at all. "Nice to meet you." The words just flew out of him and he stumbled back, surprised by his ability to talk normally. He had to tell his mama about this later.

"Talking wisely."

ooc: Fluffy is actually named Dezba, Delinne's companion. She followed Azarel to make sure he was safe ^^
word count: 519
tags: @[Cypress]

original coding by Neo
Drawing made by Sei

Credits

Hidden Account
Cy
Cypress lay there almost falling asleep, with the sun's warm rays on her back she felt like she could just lay there forever. A small breeze let her mane flow softly, and her pale green eyes flicker in the sun's light. Cypress let herself fall into a soft and dreamless sleep, one that you could hear what was going on, you were just asleep. The slow breeze, blew in her ear, and the chirp of a happy bird in the treetops was soothing to her.

The filly lay there, not aware about what was coming. What dangers that could be waiting in the shadows to pounce. A dream suddenly came upon her, grasping her from the silent stillness. The words of the Old mare echoed in her mind, "Dangers await you in the land of Helovia, especially in The Threshold, be careful young filly, as you don't yet know what is right and wrong yet." Why would this be in her dream? the thought had slipped it's way into her mind and out as she listened to the voice cracking as it slipped away. And she was left with the silence to sooth her.

A light bump on her side had roused her from her sleep. Her eyes fluttered open quickly, as images flew through her mind of what could had bumped her. "Hello? Who... Aaare.. You?" A young gold colt was standing right in front of her muzzle. The male spoke again, "I, Azarel. This, Fluffy" a small feline gave a roar, just to make sure Cypress knew she was in her presence.

Cypress gazed at the colt, a small brown horn was on his head, a flowing brown mane and tail, amber eyes. "Nice to meet you" the words came from his lips softly. Cypress flicked her ears twitching the rose that was tucked behind her ear comfortably. Cute cat Cypress thought, her gaze shifting to the feline. "My-my name is Cypress" her voice sounded soft and different, she noticed the rush to it that she had always recognised in her tone, Eagerness. Why would she be eager? To meet this colt? No way! But... could it be...?

wordcount:360
ooc: Your colt is cool :P and sorry this was kinda bad.
tags: @[Azarel]
thought

Image Credits
Permission for magic or cruelty directed to Cypress at all times. But not death.
Pixel-Tamme

Unregistered
Of course, the filly awakened. She looked confused and Azarel was almost ashamed of himself. A thin layer of pink covered his face and he looked away, while Fluffy took a few steps forward. Yet she didn't dare to touch the stranger. "My-my name is Cypress." The colt looked at the filly again and smiled through the blushing. "Pretty name." Azarel smiled even wider. He almost didn't hear the call from a far, making him turn his head to where he thought the meadow was. Mama. Mama was searching for him. "AZAREEEL~" Her voice was loud but it was still only as loud as a whisper to the small company. Fluffy roared in reply and looked up at her bonded's son. Was it not time to go home?
Azarel shifted his gaze between the jaguar and the meadow, only to look at Cypress. Would she follow them if they walked home? "AZAREL, COME HOME!" The colt got an uncomfortable look on his face. He hated to not obey his mother immediately. He was disrespecting her just by continue to stand here. Azarel looked the filly in her eyes and smiled again, not as wide this time. "Want to follow us home? Nice home. Big Golden and Moonbutt leaders." Of course the colt was still using his "pretty" nicknames for the two mares, Mirage and Rishima. He knew their real names, but he preferred his own.

Fluffy roared again and pushed on the colt's legs using her forehead. The cub wasn't strong, but he understood what she wanted to do. He heard his mama call again and turned his body in the direction of her voice. The golden boy looked at Cypress again, hope sparkling in his strangely colored eyes.
"Coming?"

"Talking wisely."

ooc: Uhm, you got his appareance wrong ^^ He has one red normal eye and one blue pupilless eye, a small red tip of a horn (since he's only 2 months old), purple mane and tail with red tips. Also, nu muuse... ;__;
word count: 290
tags: @[Cypress]

original coding by Neo
Drawing made by Sei

Credits

Hidden Account
Cy
"Pretty name"
The colt had said his smile widening on his thin face. Cypress couldn't help but wrinkle her snout slightly. She remembered when her sister would say that, acting as if she was a colt. Suddenly a loud yell of the word: "AZAREEEL~" the feline next to him roar as if in response. Cypress watched him as his gaze swept from the feline to an open area. Her mother would have called a meadow.

Cypress didn't know a lot about the world, because her family died before she could learn all of the requirements of her family, and their history. She wanted to she just couldn't. She just had to let them die! Sometimes, Cypress would think it was all her fault they had died. They were running through a dark forest one night and she had run the wrong way getting lost. The last thing she heard was a screech from her sister. After, silent. No words. No yells. Silent.

Cypress shook herself from the past and tried to focus on the present, though her mind would slip away sometimes she would always pull herself back together. "Azarel, come home!" the voice shouted again. An uncomfortable emotion slid onto the colt's face, much like the one Cypress would get if she was not doing as she was told. Then a question slid from Azarel's mouth, "Would you like to follow us home? Nice home. Big Golden and Moonbutt leaders.

Cypress wanted to say yes, but she didn't know if she should go with the colt or stay and live the life of her mother and father. She wanted to meet new unicorns, and she also wanted to be free. Not needed to be told anything to do, just being free, living by her own rules. But she also wanted the side of living in a herd, she wanted to know what it felt like to have a partner and live in a herd. But she knew she would probably become a warrior when she grew up because her father had always said, if she ever joined a heard she should become a warrior.

"Coming?" the golden colt said his red eye glinting in the little sunlight that had bathed her while she slept. Cypress had made up her mind, she would go with the colt and be able to live one of the lives she had wanted. In that second of thinking she had made her decision and was not changing it. "Y-yes" her lips cupped around the words and before Cypress knew what she was saying it was out. She could never take it back. For she had made a commitment and she didn't want to change it.

wordcount:451
ooc:Sorry bout that. (:I) I am horrible about noticing things. And Harmony I was typing this when you did your post so... yeah. Mine is before yours.
tags:@[Azarel]
thought

Image Credits
Pixel-Tamme

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.
h a r m o n y

Once again, the Thresh. By now, it is very familiar, and I pose no effort to stride through the thick and prosperous plant life. It is a beautiful day, with the sun high in the sky, and many birds and small mammals scattering about, also, a small carressing breeze, very pleasant I must say. But my thoughts are soon taken to Abishia, my small filly that I birthed none but two days ago in My Feilds. I hope she was doing okay, with Antheia watching her... Oh, hell. She must be doing fine, I can't distrust my mother, after all. I wish I would have brought her along though, for I already miss my little beauty. 

My concentration is quickly torn from my deep thoughts, and focused on the young, highpitched voices of two beings not too far off. By the smell of it, just to my left, in the common clearing under the sycamore, a place in which many new comers decide to lay and wait, or stand of course. I lightly chuckle at my own thoughts, then decide to go meet the duo. With a warm smile, I enter the clearing in a relaxed manner. My orbs scan over two frames, both young and quite small. A dove and a brute. The smaller of the two accompanied by a feline, one that I recongnized as the young that had accompanied the kind, swollen mare I had encountered not to long ago, Delinne, and the feline that accompanied the foal standing before me went by the nam of Dezba, I believe.  It was actually quite odd to see the young cat with another. But, this must be the foal she was baring, a beautiful gold colt, or may I put it, handsome. Although, he seemed much too young to have strayed from his mother. My worries increased. I now dipped my head to both of them, and quietly analyized the brown filly before speaking. She was dark, with almost transparent speckles all about her bodice. A red rose behind her hark, and beautiful green pools. A nice pair these two, both horned. I smiled wide before speaking in a relaxed, kind voice. 

"You must be Delinne's, hmm? And, I am afriad I do not know who you are, miss. But pleasure to cross paths with a one as beautiful as yourself. Oh, and I mush't forget Dezba, great to see you again. "

{ @[Azarel] @[Cypress] }

Unregistered
"Y-yes." Azarel smiled again and took a step closer to the filly, stepping sideways. He nudged her carefully on her shoulder, or at least if she stayed on her place he would, and then raised his head to walk home. But he didn't even take a step before a young mare crossed their paths.
"You must be Delinne's, hmm? And, I am afraid I do not know who you are, miss. But pleasure to cross paths with one as beautiful as yourself. Oh, and I mustn't forget Dezba, great to see you again." The colt stopped, tilting his head in confusion. Who was she? He flicked back his ears uncomfortably and watched the paint cautiously. "Who are you? You know mama? And Fluffy?" His voice pitched at the end and he shut his mouth tight. How did she know mama? Had they met before? And Fluffy? Fluffy's real name was Dezba, but how did she know that? The black jag purred loudly and took a few steps closer to the big mare. It frustrated him slightly that he couldn't understand Fluffy like his mama.

"Fluffy, close." The cat stopped and looked up at Azarel. Her blue eyes sparkled and it almost broke his heart that she wasn't his companion. She was beautiful, little Fluffy. The colt gave his attention to the painted mare again and observed her. She didn't look much older than the filly next to him, but still old enough to be an adult.
"How you know mama?" He asked her, his tongue wore a thick layer of suspicion and caution. He didn't know this mare. He didn't know if she was dangerous. He didn't...
"AZAREL! NOW!" Buck. Mama.
"We have to go soon. Mama's angry." He looked at Cypress and the mare with sad eyes. He really didn't like to disobey his mother like this.

"Talking wisely."

ooc: No muse XD
word count: 308
tags: @[Cypress] @[Harmony]

original coding by Neo
Drawing made by Sei

Credits

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
The sun was getting hotter and hotter each day, with more blazing ferocity. The heat tore through the land, and commenced even at early morning. The stallion already felt beads of sweat developing all around his pelt. From his little walk from the Foothills to the Threshold, the sun took a toll on him, and finally with joy, he plunged into the shady forest. Shutting his cyan eyes, horse scents faraway wafted into his nose. He was out for recruiting today, but he held himself from exerting his energy and racing towards the scents.

Slowly walking, Arrane wove his way through the trees to reach the equines. Not too far away, he now heard voices. Two were feminine, one full of youth, a filly, and another filly though she sounded somewhat older. Then a colts voice was heard. Stopping at the edge of the tiny clearing, he watched them converse, listening into their conversation. He wasn't spying, no. The white stallion wanted to know what was the best time to hop in and maybe get some recruits.

"Hello brother, and sisters", dipping his head politely, he walked in, facing the two fillies and the colt. The little boy had a companion, and he was questioning the older filly. Taking his turn to speak, his vocals were kind, oriented towards everyone in the clearing. "My name is Arrane, a warrior from the Foothills. You look lost", his voice was directed more to the filly named...Cypress? "I am here to offer a home and a strong family that will look after and support everyone", with a smile, he stared at the older filly. She seemed...almost dangerous. Flicking his tail, he awaited what the horses were going to reply.

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle

It seems the crazed femme has come to the Threshold quite a lot in recent days,
bemusing as it is. The spy, not quite spying at all, yet instead whispering words
into the harks of strangers. A beckoning into the darkness, a
blanket soft murmur. And so she's back. Again.
For the billionth time. It is as it has been, with sol blazing above her
bodice and turning her bones to liquid. Exhaustion, thirst, she wishes the water's
in the Marsh were drinkable. But they were polluted with the bodies of the dead,
poisoned with death's song. If she were to fall into the temptation of allowing the cool liquid
down her throat, she would fall ill, and likely pass on to the underworld. And she would not
allow her soul into the gate's of Hades yet, no, not yet. She has much to live on for,
much to look forward to, and much to gain.

But on this eve, no recruit shall follow her home, for as her charcoal and peach hooves move along the
crust below the sound of Leto reaches her harks. It is a call for her childe, Apollo, and she
wonders of the Edge with curiosity. Do they allow mere children to recruit in the danger's of the woods? Is it not
a threat to the children which hold their futures secure?
As the darkened woman finds Apollo, she pauses. The sun child is not alone,
but he is near a painted canvas and a dappled rose. a white warrior of the foothills, as well.
He gazes with longing towards the rose, and a twitch of the soul pleads with her concious.
No.

Her lyrics seep into the air.
"Apollo. A pleasure to meet you again. Painted canvas, speckled rose, white warrior. I am Circuta."
She acknowledges the others with odd names, though it is a common for the shade to do so. Her behaviour is normal.
Normal.
But the little Apollo gazes towards the rose with such wishful orbs, such hope.
Her sugar-dipped lyrics slide with ease once more.
"Does the young Apollo beckon you forth to his land? I think it would be wise for you to go with his kind invitation. I am certain Leto grows weary of her childe being so far out, and the Edge of the World seeks your presence. Fly now, little bird, It is not wise for you to stay here."
She looks not at the painted canvas, nor the white warrior, and continues to gaze at Apollo and the Speckled Rose. It embarrasses her to steep to such a level as
aiding the childe's recruitment. What would her people think of her now? Interfering with the invitations of another, and yet not being even part
of the aided parties herd land?
"Go."

CREDITS

note: hope you don't mind cir butting in with her two sense !!
VENOMXBABY : MIDNIGHTSTOUCHSTOCK

Hidden Account
Cy
The golden colt, Azarel smiled and took a step closer to her. Cypress smiled back her eyelashes flicking and catching the light. The nudge on her shoulder was soft and light, unlike a thorn's sharp stab. A unfamiliar voice rose and said "you must be Delinne's, hmm? And, I am afraid I do not know who you are, miss. But pleasure to cross paths with a one as beautiful as yourself. Oh, and I mush't forget Dezba, great to see you again. " Cypress didn't know the Paint that stood before them. But by what she was saying to Azarel, Delinne might be his mother. As to the name Dezba Cypress didn't know who or what she was talking about, only the jag was left, so she assumed it was. The words flowed through her mind again, "I am afraid I don't know who you are, miss. But pleasure to cross paths with one as beautiful as yourself."

Cypress was speechless. She felt like her tongue was tied and she could never undo the knot. No one had ever said that to her before, yet, she loved the sound of it. Beautiful. The mare's voice was relaxed, and kind. It had reminded Cypress of her mother in a way. Light green eyes fluttering, as she sang the end of the night poem she would always tell Cypress and Magyik before bed. Her kind and relaxed tone easing them to sleep.

"Th-thanks" the dark brown filly whispered to the mare, as she gazed up at her from under her scraggly mane. As Cypress stood she felt a new strength in her leg as it pushed her off the ground. Now that she had rest they were nice and strong. Cypress blinked happily. "Who are You know mama? and Fluffy?" the confusion on his face was un readable. Fluffy stepped closer to the mare, in a knowing way. Glancing at Azarel for a quick second the filly noticed a slight look of frustration on his face. "Fluffy, close". Cypress could see why he was protective of her, she was his mothers companion, who had just come to follow, and make sure he was alright. This was not his companion. It just couldn't be. "How do you know mama?" he asked the mare. "AZAREL NOW!"
"We have to go soon. Mama's angry" Azarel said his eyes flicking towards her. "Okay" the filly let the word slip out of her mouth, no stumbling no nothing. This was terrific! She was getting her regular voice back! She didn't like it when she had a quite and shy voice. Others would judge her for that, and she hated it. But Azarel was different, Somehow he understood her better then she had thought.

wordcount:455
ooc:There we go!
tags:@[Azarel] @[Harmony]
thought

Image Credits
Pixel-Tamme

Hidden Account
Cy
Wild has been suspended for a while, I just wanted to notify the role-players of this thread. Sorry.