the Rift

This Is Not Snow

Daring Flame Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The barely visible trail heading south snaked among the grass and trees, constantly bending and twirling, disappearing in the untouched overgrowth of the mighty forest. The young filly from the north snorted in annoyance as she had to once again raise her feet high above the greenery that aimed to wrap itself around her ankles. Truly, this is not snow. I miss that white stuff. Never thought I would but ugh, I don't get stuck in it as easily .

It has been a few weeks since Flame started off towards the Threshold, many miles south of where she had been. Slowly, the landscape had evolved around her from the barren snow covered mountains and valleys to lush evergreen forests and finally to the great forest she was in now. The small path was deserted and in the whole time she has been on it, she had not met a single horse. Sometimes she even considered turning back but always shook off the thought and kept going.

I am not about to give up now, Flame thought stubbornly as she hopped over another stream. Getting angry at even considering anything but success, she kicked out and galloped down the path, ignoring the tangling weeds around her feet.

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.
h a r m o n y

I once again tread through the patgs that i know so well, the ones of the Thresh. It seems like second nature now, as i effortlessly lift my clefts to trudge on through the undergrowth. I don't kind how thick it is, for it means that our land is doing well, in contrast to how barren and lifeless it was only weeks ago. The sun is tall in the sky, casting rays through the dense covering of leaves. A small breeze alows the leaves to dance, and the grass sway to the tune they produce. Along with the breeze, my long locks are carrassed and tangled; wrapping around my pillars and causing me to trip multiple times. But I don't mind at all, I simply chuckle and shrug it off, lightly nuzzling the small foal by my side, Abishia. My little blessing. The one I had been hoping for for so long. I will protect her with my life; with everything I have and everything I could possibly do. My Abishia... My girl... My beautiful girl. 

A sudden noise causes my painted harks to fly forward; one white and one sorrel. My dainty maw raises to the heavens, as I attempt to let all 

scents flow into my scenters, so I can attempt to find what made the noise. I am soon satisfied; the scent is coming from the right of me, slightly behind me, most likely down a translucent path that starts right about where I detected the scent. To what I smell, the being is a fae, and is surprisingly close. With a small chuckle, I look down to Abishia, before callingout in a warm and welcoming tone.

" Greetings, miss. I am Harmony. " 

{ @[Abishia] @[Daring Flame] }

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
This place again. This stark, yet somehow beautiful place. The wind billowed through the trees, rustling the leaves and sending the weakest few scattering down into the undergrowth. Bird song filled the air, the incessant chirping both welcoming and irritating. The smell of sweet, morning dew lingered as the sun crawled up the sky, slowly lifting the dampness of the grass from the earth and up towards its warm embrace. It was a beautiful day. Quiet. Serene. Everything she had craved for some time.

So why was she so uneasy? Maybe the stress was slowly to get at her, her constant 'what ifs' plaguing her mind. What if her home was invaded? She recalled the frightened and angered eyes of Laila as she herself invaded the Edge.mthe guilt still haunted her, though Kahlua had lifted some of her self doubts with her kind words and welcoming smile. but that was not her only doubt. What if she failed at her new position of General? What if she was not good enough? What if she failed Apollo, to whom she had sworn to serve eternally and faithfully?

She trundled through the forest until she came to a small clearing where she let her body lay down to rest. She was not tired as such, but she needed some quiet to sit and think, to calm herself of her doubts and increase her self worth, somehow. Yet just as she closed her eyes to let her mind wander, the familiar sound of hoof beats filled the air and the galloping form of a stranger passed by. She shouted out the galloping creature; "Watch you don't trip on the vines here, lady!" Though she was unsure if the stranger. Oh well, it was not her buisiness.

She was going to simply close her eyes once again when she heard a familiar voice. Turning and forcing herself to her feet to investigate, she found Harmony speaking to the stranger and, by her heels, a foal. She glanced toward it questioningly. "Harmony, friend! You have a child?" She said, though it was more a statement than a question. She didnt know what else to say. She had no experience with foals, so she tried to ignore it and hoped it didn't bother her. She was not exactly... Maternal, to say the least. Still, she dipped her crown toward the pair respectfully. "You ruined my quiet. Are you lost, miss?" She asked, yawning and stretching her neck as her banner flickered upon her haunches.
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Daring Flame Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Flame paused, looking at the two older horses before her. The first was a delicate paint mare with blue, calm eyes and a long-legged youngster at her side. To the young chesnut, it seemed like nothing could ruin the peace within the paint and her soft voice, hike a warm scarf, made her appear trustworthy. Harmony was indeed a good name for the stranger - if Flame knew anything about names. Twitching her ears and taking in the scents of the new horse, Flame inclined her head slightly.

"Madame, it's a pleasure to meet you," the young filly could barely keep her excitement from her voice, her tail swishing in the wind, her eyes covered by her own forelocks. Then she turned to the other horse.

The white mare was powerful. Not only because of her heavy horse heritage but she simply radiated power. Her red marks on her face drew attention to her knowing eyes and her tone of voice gave Flame no way of ignoring her. The burn marks on the mare's stomach revealed her to be a fighter and Flame shuddered involuntarily.

" Pardon me mistress," the filly inclined her head to the mare but dared not break eye contact. "I did not mean any inconvinience."