the Rift

I don't know yet [OPEN]

Dolor Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
What I expected? Nothing at all. Out of experience, I learned, when you expect something, you'll most of the times be disappointed. so I learned myself to expect nothing, prepare for everything, but still be able to save yourself without preparation. If I joined a herd, and not when, if, I'd just like a rank where I can use my intelligence (not meant to be cocky). And if not, I'll just become and outcast and try to get to know the land as good as possible. If i got in a fight, which I highly doubted to happen on my first day here, I'd try to fight smart. Like, not too many attack, mostly just evading and try to not to catch too much damage. That was my way of thinking.

Nine days I had been walking, and now I finally arrived at Helovia's Threshold. Trying to find my way with no chances, no reasons. I looked at the newly- risen sun. My legs hurt, but I didn't care at all. Just don't mind the pain, I thought. Don't mind the weariness flowing through your body. I kept walking, even accelerated my pass. I came to a little pool of water, and looked in it. I saw a stallion stand there, looking at me with eyes that said nothing. Pointy horn, big, but light head. I started sipping. While the water was flowing through my mouth, I kept listening thoughtfully. Did I hear anyone come at me? Maybe a bird stroking down in a tree?

I thought back. I thought back of all the people that hated me. A faint smile ran down my lips. Funny, how one person can put 20 others on to all get after another one. I stopped sipping, lifted my head a little bit up, but not too much, so my nose was right above the water surface. I had just one friend, a brown unicorn, at least, I thought he was my friend. After all,he just let me for what I was and started looking for others. Now I didn't really care about it anymore, but back then, two years ago, it felt like my own horn kept carving words in my stomach, let it heal for a short time, and then started carving in it again.

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Patience was something that many individuals lacked in this time and day. Everyone was so focused on the future and what it would bring rather than concentrating on the here and now. His mother had taught him the value of this opportunistic trait that one could chose to ignore or to embrace it to accomplish many things in life. He had taken the opportunity when he had the chance and with it learned to refine it into what could be considered utmost patience. It took quite a lot to get him worked up over things but if you did manage to crack through you would wish you hadn't.

Standing at over sixteen hands and composed of tuned muscle fibers he could prove to be a force to be reckoned with if the situation called for it. His father had passed along his expertise and training in the field of combat and defense giving him not only the power but the intelligence to make him a skilled soldier of many talents. As it stood much of this remained a secret to be told only if necessary as he was not one for bragging or goading himself above others. His ancestors had given him much including his rather unusual patterned pelt which was considered to be a dappled steel shade of grey. The strange aspect came in the form of the intricate designs that covered the lower half of his athletic frame extending up over and around his legs coming up onto his shoulders and hindquarters. Metallic silver accented this design making it quite a sight to be seen if you found this sort of thing interesting. His eyes were also a bright silver instead of the usual shades of blues, browns and greens that normally dominated the spectrum.

Walking silently through the threshold the sound of another nearby caught his attention as he turned to find another stallion drinking from the nearby stream. Many newcomers seemed to find this place rather confusing at times with the seemingly endless expanse of forest, so far he had only met a couple others here but enjoyed striking up conversations to see if he might lend his assistance. Tipping his cranium forward he let out a soft nicker revealing his presence to the other unicorn. Now he would get to see what kind of personality the depths had brought along this time. Maybe this stallion may find interest in the foothills with the rest of them, there was no harm in asking after all but in time. "Hello there, who might you be?" His voice stood strong yet calm showing no flickers of fear or arrogance.

TAGS: @[Dolor]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: Hope you don't mind Ciceron dropping in :)

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered
I saw the trees in front of me. What if the whole world is inside my head, just creations of my own, and I'm really all alone? What if everything around me, isn't quite as it seems? What if whole the world I'm used to, one day just disappears as I wake up, noting I'm a whole diffrent creature? My thoughts were disturbed by a strong voice. "Hello there, who might you be?" Feeling a little agitated, I looked behind me as I decided that the person to who this voice belonged meant no harm. I turned around and took a better look at the person that was talking to me, feeling more good-mooded now. I saw a gray stallion, looking a little younger than me, but I just assumed that wouldn't matter. I was the newcomer here, after all. Still a little in my own world, I answered. "My name is Dolor," I said, kind, yet cold hearted, I wasn't really interested in starting a 'fun' conversation, but this might turn out into something bigger than a fun conversation. Curious about this horse's name, I over thought what I was gonna say real quick. "May I know yours?"

The horse, looking at me with pale eyes, didn't seem bad-natured. I was the one who spoke up to him like he just woke me up at night to scream in my ear. That is what it felt like though, I thought. Couldn't breathe, couldn't get that out to anyone, still feeling like I was the only one thinking these things. All the people I have talked to in a hard situation were talking about 'the only way out', thinking they were so smart. Though I knew several ways to keep everyone's head above the water.

But in any case, lack of information was the key to learning more, right? Being hopeless was the chance to catch some more hope. But I wasn't saying everyone should stop listening to people just so he they could hear it later. No, I hate when people don't listen to me. I'm being hypocrite now. I was the most pigheaded man ever. Every idea I followed by a person with a higher rank than me always broke to ashes at some point, and then I had to save it. I hoped this man was a little smarter than the other ones.

OOC: No problem :))

The creature before the stallion was rather interesting to say the least. With his banner displaced at random and the rather confused look upon his face he could only assume that he was as unsure about the whole situation as he felt. Meeting others of opposite gender tended to go rather smoothly in most cases but when finding others of the same sex things could go rather unpredictable. Regardless he was here to offer his help if this stallion should need it, if not he would be on his way.

Silver orbs watched carefully trying to judge the mood of his companion, the fact that he was seemingly older than himself did not bother him in the least. Despite seeing that his stature was much shorter than that of his own he knew to not underestimate the other as his history was still unknown. Even the most unintimidating of beings could still turn out to be the strongest fighters if provoked. Lowering his cranium slightly he turned so he was facing the stallion regarding him with curiosity. "My name is Dolor." The lyrics that met his harks seemed rather cold yet lacked any venom to the tone. Not exactly the way he would choose to greet a stranger but everyone saw things differently so he withheld judgement for the time being.

"Greetings Dolor, welcome to Helovia. My name is Ciceron." He replied kindly making sure to keep his own tone light despite the coldness of the prior tones spoken towards him. Dipping his head in acknowledgement he kept his senses aware of everything going on around them. "Is there anything I can help you find here?" The question was straightforward enough hopefully he would understand what it was he was meaning. He did not know to much of the lands thus far but he could at least help point him in the right direction should he be searching for a particular herd. "If it is a herd you seek might I suggest looking into the Windtossed Foothills, everyone there is quite welcoming and the lands are very nice. There are also a few others that exist around here as well that might suit you better should you desire." Offering a kind smile he tried to remember what other names he had come across. The kind mare Harmony had offered to show him her group the Assassins when he had first arrived and he had heard of other herds mentioned such as the throat, Basin and the Edge.

NOTES: :)

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered
"Greetings Dolor, welcome to Helovia. My name is Ciceron." He sounded the same, nice and calm. Now I was starting to feel bad. I made my eyes look less sharp, and tried to look a little more kind. "Is there anything I can help you find here?". I started being more interested now. A huge mistake from me to expect it to get more interesting, but it turned out well this time. "If it is a herd you seek might I suggest looking into the Windtossed Foothills, everyone there is quite welcoming and the lands are very nice. There are also a few others that exist around here as well that might suit you better should you desire."

A few others, I thought. A few others. Not that I don't like the herd you suggested," I started kind and careful, not wanting to sound any colder than I did, the contrary, I wanted to come over like a nice horse to this stallion. But can you give a couple examples of 'a few others'? I'm kinda just patiently looking around and take the best that comes in my path." I had the feeling this didn't sound too rude, so I didn't add all the other things I was wanting to say. If I didn't want to get into a fight already, on my first day in this land. But, I would have no prolem with that if I did.

I haven't met someone like this stallion in times. Everyone would always call me smartass or stuff like that when I reacted a little sarcastic (pretty funny to me), and start a fight. Ha. They always lost. Those uncouth big horses always missed on me. Not that they weren't stronger than me. Way stronger. Maybe even faster, better, more talented, but there was one thing they couldn't do as good as me.

Something about this stallion seemed a little off to the dappled stallion he just couldn't quite figure out what it was that caused the overall feeling. Maybe it had something to do with the overall aura that this one seemed to admit. The back and forth with the attitude was a little hard to follow and something just wasn't right with it all. Despite the inner debates over all this he remained calm and collected exactly how he had started out this conversation. Emotion was something that he could hide quite easily given his unique silver toned eyes but also with much practice at controlling his facial expressions.

"Not that I don't like the herd you suggested, But can you give a couple examples of 'a few others'? I'm kinda just patiently looking around and take the best that comes in my path." Wariness laced heavily upon the tone suggesting there was much that Dolor was not saying or not wanting to hint upon. Calling him on his bluff was not really any part of his business so he just let it slip past him as if it was the truth. In a way he was starting to get the feeling that like many others this stallion craved power and position. Those who tended to want only the very best of things tended to be leaning in this direction as to how they expected things to play out before them. It was these types of perpetual personalities that caused him worry, not to himself but to that of others that may encounter them along the way. Unpredictability was very common and there was no telling what simple thing could set them off. The faint scarring over the unicorn's pelt told him that he often chose fighting or brutal force to make others obey or listen to him.

"I do not know a lot about the other herds as I have only heard of them in passing, but to my knowledge there are other herds such as the Basin of the wet, The throat in the south, the edge in the northern parts and a couple smaller groupings that seem to have banded together. The assassin's is one of the few I have heard the mention of but I would not doubt there are others out there as well. They seem to live wherever they please not exactly calling one place home for long." He commented trying to recall as much as he could from his memory of previous conversations. Eventually he would travel these places to see what they were like but for now his commitment was to the Foothills in the hopes they could rebuild their ranks. "I'm afraid I don't know too much else about those herds but if you travel in the various directions you are bound to run into others that would have more information then I. I have only been around these parts for the last couple weeks but am slowly getting to know my way around." He explained regarding Dolor evenly with a kind expression.

NOTES: None

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Unregistered
"I do not know a lot about the other herds as I have only heard of them in passing, but to my knowledge there are other herds such as the Basin of the wet, The throat in the south, the edge in the northern parts and a couple smaller groupings that seem to have banded together. The assassin's is one of the few I have heard the mention of but I would not doubt there are others out there as well. They seem to live wherever they please not exactly calling one place home for long." Well, I thought. If I know more of the Foothills than I know of all the other ones, I might as well join that herd. "I'm afraid I don't know too much else about those herds but if you travel in the various directions you are bound to run into others that would have more information then I. I have only been around these parts for the last couple weeks but am slowly getting to know my way around." I pretty much knew what to say right away. "Then, I'd rather go to the Foothills. If you didn't think I seem too suspicious." I hoped the guy would get my ironic joke well. Of course I had some thoughts of what he might be thinking about.

But if he thought I wasn't being honest that would be all he had to say. I would've convince him I wasn't a liar. Maybe a little boasty sometimes, but only when I had already tried all the other ways. And after all I'd get it alright again. It wouldn't be the first time I failed at doing that, but that wouldn't happen a fourth time. Maybe fifth. But I always tried, see what's inside of every plan our enemies made, try to bond all the things I could find to logically form a concusion, and of course a solution.

My mind always was the moonlight of my life, every night. Everything in there was right where it belonged, everything with its own place. I'd be always the kid that just was alone for days, untill it's parents forced it do play with someone. And then it wouldn't turn out to something fun for the other kid, and it'd always walk away. One time I was so into my mind thinking about all the good stuff I was gonna do later, I got manic. My parents actually were happy that I smiled for a longer time than one second. My brain was just this everworking contraption always putting me down when other kids came to me. when I was about two years old I finally got it under controll and made it do only things that it was supposed to do. And that's when I decided to leave that herd.

As he waited for the response of the stallion patiently his memories flickered back to the time when he had been in this very position. It was still dark when he had arrived in these lands and apparently had been for quite some time before. It was rumoured to have been due to the earth god disappearing setting the earth into a blackout in his absence. While not as faithfully dominant as some others he still believed that there were forces out there much greater than themselves. It would only make sense that the many gods existed to achieve and maintain such a delicate balance. Eventually he would have to travel to the veins to see what it was that drew many of his fellow Helovian's here hoping to converse or at least be heard by the gods. Maybe he would be fortunate enough to have one of those rare experiences to help guide him on his lifelong journey.

It had been a mare who had approached him in the threshold and first explained things to him so that he could begin to grasp how things worked here. Artemis had been her name if he recalled correctly and then he had met Harmony by having her almost run them down. He was half expecting to see her come crashing through the bushes now but for as far as he could hear there was no one else around at the moment. Maybe he would get the chance to speak with her again sometime, he hoped so as she was quite the interesting mare. Dolor's decision cut through his memories as he finally spoke his choice a loud after some brief contemplation.""Then, I'd rather go to the Foothills. If you didn't think I seem too suspicious." So the foothills would be his choice, not that he minded one bit considering the circumstances they all found themselves in. Anyone who decided to join them would be of great asset as they started to rebuild their identity among the other herds.

"Not at all, I doubt you will regret that choice, it is a great place from what I have both seen and experienced thus far. You are more than welcome to join us." His words were kind and welcoming even though in his mind he wondered about this stallion and what he was hiding. Alas it was not his place to pry so he dropped the subject out of his immediate mind. Nodding in acknowledgement to the decision he offered a kind smile. Straightening up he motioned the direction in which the herd resided in a slow deliberate motion of his head and neck. "Well shall we head out? I'm sure everyone will be happy to meet you and if you are anything like I was I'm sure you would like to see more of the land rather than just the forested area of the threshold." Stepping forward he took a couple steps to the north before glancing over his shoulder to see if his new herd mate was going to follow.

NOTES: If you post in the updates board an admin will happily change your rank from unclaimed to foothills. Then you will be good to post anywhere you wish :)

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo