the Rift

[OPEN] I've Had The Highest Mountains [Acceptance]

Raven Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Raven.

I looked ahead of my frame, watching as I approached what the fae, Ayaka, had called the Dragon's Throat. Here was where I would restart my life, forget the past, and build the future that lays beyond by liquid blue eyes. The forgotten were the past. Now it was time to make new friends, and fight for a new family. I was warrior at heart, and I would rise to my fame, believe it or not, I was ready for this. I had left my prides behind me, know they would no longer be any help, for they had left me and so I would do the same. Now all I had was myself, but soon enough, I would begin again and find better than what I had lost. It would take time, yes, but I had the courage that it would take. I will strain every ounce of my own blood to keep this new family safe. I will not let the past repeat itself again. The blood I will shed, will be my past, it will lay on the ground, and dry to the soil beneath my burning paws. It will be forgotten, even if I have to make someone take it from my memory, it will not stay. It will not make it's home inside me, it will leave. I don't have time to worry about my past anymore, I have a future to write and to be published, to be told, and to be followed in generations to come. My past can not dent me.

I shake the thoughts from my head and travel on, stopping at the borders. I resisted to go any farther, or I may no longer be welcomed to join their forces, thy accept me if they thought I was an outcast. I remembered Ayaka telling myself that thy were not wolves, but equines and similar relatives. I was ready for anything now. I miniature pony to a giant horse, I was ready. Though, did she mean realistic or... Mythical? It made my head become dizzy, to thing that mythical creatures really did exist, because I knew that could not be true. All my life, I had never seen a unicorn nor a Pegasus. It was impossible for such a creature to live, for they had never been found. But maybe Helovia was a different story book, a magical story book. How could that be though? I mean, weird creatures just can't pop out of no where and have babies to live on their legacy, it just didn't sound right at all. But I did not doubt that golden fae, I believed her, for she seemed very trustworthy over such a thing.

I sighed and then sat down, tucking my paws into the right position. I looked to the sun, and closed my eyes. My loud song flooded throughout the land, letting the creatures of the desert know I was here.

everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The body was willing, but my soul is weak.

Onni had healed the flesh, absent heart; it would seem that even the great Sun prophet had her limits. Things such as moral and energy would return, but with time, my comrades told me. Patience they said. But I was eager to be back on the frontline, restored to some semblance of normal. There was almost a feeling of guilt to have been absent from my home on the eve of its crowning. The sun had returned just as I vanished into that forsaken realm and to long had my presence been away from siblings in duty.

My recovery processed more quickly than most; partly birthed from the compassion of friends and family, and lastly a sense of requirement. A leader wasn’t weak. Kri wasn’t weak. “You’re not weak,” a familiar voice chided. Aye. The most passionate one to aid my return was Fina, the loyal phoenix had refused to leave my side for anything other than hunting since the moment of my washing in.

She saw into my mind far better than wagging words could weave a tale. The soul we shared helped her feel everything I had while in that other place; she saw images that nobody else would. During the absence we had been disconnected, the void had left a gaping wound of confusion. A wound that demanded mending…so I showed her everything to bridge any rift between us.

Weakness and insecurities, the very point of death that came thrice over.

Life went on and when I felt well enough we started patrolling the border again.

Silently the pair of us almost effortlessly rode on a salty breath of southern air. There was no higher emotion than the peace that came from having a hot sun at your back and a heart full of purpose. Fina blazed with a fond glow that was her element, the fire had returned when dawn broke. She glided ahead, blue raptor pools catching sight of an alabaster figure toeing the wall. A haunting, yet beautiful song trailed up to heaven. I didn’t possess the ability to translate wolf speak, but to me the tone sounded urgent, almost pleading.

Leaning forward purposely, I came to greet said visitor; ivory wings thrust with slow intent as my legs uncoiled to absorb weight into soft desert sand. A smile was already presenting itself even before feathers had a chance to close and the dust around me to settle. At a glance I could tell that the creature was intelligent, and not like the dumb beasts that often preyed in the Dark forest. Considering the Throat had been home to wolves before, it really wasn't all that strange one would be calling at the door. “Well met," I offered kindly, "How might I be of service?” Fina soared down, cresting across my spine.

GOVERN</style>
He who is a good ruler must first have been ruled.</style>

image by aigle_dore @ flickr.com
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered

RAVEN
black bird, this is your time to arise

I saw the Pegasus walk up to me with a kind greet. Aye, so it was true? The mystical creatures did exist on this land? I suppose that means that the unicorns do too? Mm, Ayaka was right. Anyhow, I had a feeling about this steed, he made me very... hm, curious. His wings were very dazziling, along with his firy friend that now rested upon his spine. She was quite a shock, I had never seen such a bird in my life, but I had heard tales of a fire bird that was called a phoenix. And that must be what this creature is. But I was in no hurry to find out, anyways, I had plenty of years to spend in this homeland, I would learn at the right time.

"How might I be of service?" The true gentleman asked. I smiled, my black lips curling upward. "A fae by the name of Ayaka sent me here, saying I could fade my aspects of being homeless." I cooed toward the steed, my rump still sitting along the warm ground. "My warrior skills are high, and I only wish to keep them high to protect your own home." Continuing on, I was out of words to say to the kind steed. I flickered my ears and curled my tail along side of my body. I would be wagging it right now, but I had yet to know the stud, and so I refused. The wind blew again, causing the fur on my back to rippled, the raven feathers tossing around to unweave themselves but only to fail. I had tied them in there as hard as I could, making sure they were firm. They reminded me of my sister and the day she had died. It was hard to resist the past, but I tried my hardest to keep her out of my head, knowing it would only be a result of sorrow.

I shook my head and looked back to the stallion with dark blue eyes. "Please forgive me, I am Raven." I smiled and nodded to the golden stallion.

Credits

@[Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Wolves were of a curious sort. They traveled in a fashion that was similar to our kind, packs, as it was

Wolves were of a curious sort. They traveled in a fashion that was similar to our kind; packs, as it was called. Usually a combination of close family related by title, blood, and a few stragglers from other clans. Every so often a rouge would break free, like a colt sent from his father’s land. That loner would spend months, sometimes years scrounging for food until the cycle of packhood could begin again—for he or she would obtain a mate eventually or die a lonely death. Through a mated pair a litter of whelps would be born and thus another pack would be formed.

Thus was the law of common, dumb wolves. It was different for those with a horses tongue, curiously I refrained myself from asking questions until the lad had a chance at explanation. Only one other had lived among us and called herself wolf, Ayaka. Said company revealed rather earlier that it had been our canine lass to point his nose here. I nodded and continued to smile pleasantly, Ayaka was a good soldier and had a decent eye for the nature of others. Compared to his ruthless cousins, the male was courteous and mannered.

“I am Raven.”

It was still only business between us so I wore a facade that would suit such, no softness as with family. But certainly tolerance and kindness are present, “and I Midas.” Considering only for a moment I added, “You are welcome here brother, and the position of soldier would likely suit your needs.” Recent troubles outside the herd and my own curiosity gave way to another question, “It is rare that your breed would seek to join a herd, what led you to us aside from Ayaka?”

GOVERN</style>

Unregistered

RAVEN
black bird, this is your time to arise

I was afraid that he might disapprove me, for I was different from most of my own kin. But it was possible that he would not notice that. I was not one of the filthy beast like most would label, for I thought as myself as rather trustworthy and a gentleman. Most like this steed before me. My kin were dangerous creatures, but I was different. Yes, I was still dangerous and all, but I was better than the rest. I was not a pushy, ignorent, rabid dog. I was much more gentle than the rest and I trustable too. But then again, I was sometimes just, plain, dumb.

"A pleasure to meet you sir Midas." I smiled and looked to his golden bird. Again, I was not able to resist her phoenix features. She was a masterpiece, a beauty made from the own hands of god. Midas, I'm sure, was pleased with his true companion, for they seemed perfect for each other. She too, was probably happy with her master. Or I hoped so. If I ever claimed such a thing, I would be erratic.

“It is rare that your breed would seek to join a herd, what led you to us aside from Ayaka?” I had to think about the few nights before, since I had almost forgotten from the long travel to the Throat. But it didn't take long for my memory to come back and I answered his question with a smile. "When Ayaka described the land she rested upon, it also reappeared in my head much like my old one I had before I found my way to Helovia. I was surprised to see such a similarity in the two lands. So I resided to the Throat to actually see for myself how much they had in common." I told the stud in a calm voice before gazing along the borders. "And I must say, they do look very similar to eachother." I chuckled and then eyed the steed again.

Credits

@[Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Wolves were of a curious sort. They traveled in a fashion that was similar to our kind, packs, as it was

Raven’s explanation suited my question well enough; I smiled, appeased by his solid response and mannered ways. To his or her their own path. Accommodating this polite individual with a description so that there would be no misconception or predestined outcomes I replied, “Our home is a desert, nestled by ocean and tropical oasis that is blessed by the God of Sun.” If this creature was used to living in a desolate land filled with rocks, sand, and various poisons critters—he was in the right place. Without the lake and fertile land in adjacent we, nor much else would last long enough to be turned into bleached corpses.

My next statement came out of necessity in clearing up future questions that might arise. This wasn’t the first time our family had sheltered predators, nor would it be the last, “As said, you are welcome to live among us as brother and defender; but note that the hunting or otherwise preying upon your brethren will not be permitted.” A creature of any amount of intelligence would already know that you simply didn’t eat your family; but it never hurt to clarify. Fina ruffled her feathers purposely and made a hissing sound as a way to remind me of another equally important rule. Smirking at her out of amusement, but speaking deliberately I added, “Also the preying of soul bonded companions is forbidden. No matter how much they annoy thy.” Even before the firebird dug her talons into my spine in a way to chastise my poor taste, the inner depths of both our orbs sparked with a luster that could only be humor, “If you can abide by such rules…Welcome to Dragon’s Throat Raven.”

GOVERN</style>