the Rift

[OPEN] Shedding...
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia continued her journey south, her mind reeling with confusion and worry. Did the Basin truly invade the Throat? Why would Mauja assault Kri in that way? Was Psyche involved? Was anyone hurt? The pale princess was not a fool, however, she knew the plight of land and power, and she did not fault anyone for their actions. But, invasion? How had she missed a war? Being lost in the northern snows truly was insulating, and Tinek seemed just as concerned. Perhaps she needed to better time her isolationist retreats.

A frown was firmly set on her lips as Tinek swam in the air languidly, talons curled up under his body. Sweat formed thickly on her shedding, white coat. The cool of the snowy tundra had kept her pelt from shedding, but the heat of the southern sun was sweltering. Uncomfortable, she shook her body, sending a puff of white after her, and she grunted in irritation. Why did sweat have to itch? This is why she lived in the snow, lived for the winter. A sigh. Why were these petty problems so cathartic? In some ways, she enjoyed ignoring the fact that her life was a dramatic shamble.

She missed her daughter, though she knew that she had failed her. Did she deserve to be called 'mother'? Ophelia frowned deeper. Finally, out of breath and trapped inside her thoughts, she stopped at the depressed stream of the meadows, staring at the river in melancholy. "What am I doing, Tinek?" she asked, looking up at the silver dragon as he fished in the stream. The dragon turned around to look at her as if the answer was obvious.

"Looking for Mauja," he replied in her head before going back to fishing. Ophelia made a face and blinked a few times before shaking off the thought. True, one of her reasons for venturing down here was to see if Mauja had launched this war, but was she seeking more truth than just idly curiosity? She grunted in Tinek's direction before coming to his side to sip water from the stream and cool down her shedding figure. "Perhaps we should look for Roskuld and Mesec, or Comadre and Osiris?" she suggested aloud.

Tinek grinned and nodded his head, spearing a fish on a talon. "Miss Comadre. And fluff. Also miss Roz and Messy." Ophelia smiled. She had a plan then, though the war and whereabouts of certain someones was certainly not completely forgotten.

@[Roskuld]

A lifeless face that you'll soon forget
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

image by ferran-jorda @ flickr.com</style>

The light had returned, chasing shadows away from the surfaces of the realm, yet some shadows were not so easily deterred. Sluggishly moving about the Wilds a dog and his long standing friend, a small cheerful dragon.

The fire had returned to the belly of the reptile, welcomed with a fireball which had singed the tips of Osiris's ears. The rare occasion that Comadre actually used his fire usually in defense of the wolf, but now it had brought about a new joke for the playful little brat to laugh about ceaseless. Thankfully, the rest of the caustic fire had flown literally above the hybrid's head, or we may have been dealing with far more damage than a couple of blackened hairs and a bruised ego.

The sun rose high in the sky, causing the thick mat of fur that kept the stallion warm in the winter to be more like an oppressive blanket he could not remove. Clumps of fur had been scratched out on trees, fell off willingly along the way, but the wolf still did not have the short cropped, sleek coat of many horses. Coarse hairs clung to his underbelly, thick and full. Stretching up his neck toward the bottom of his head, the beard which he had endured most of his life was only vitalized with age. Months turned to years, and years turned to a thick beard and grumpy attitude.

Many creatures of his age would likely be suffering from the arthritic joints of the elderly, succombing to the rough tear of the wilds. Instead, Osiris remained lively in body, despite his increasingly crotchety personality. Perhaps due to his odd lineage and diet, time appeared to have little effect on the limber giant as of yet. In his chest, however, the stallion became more aware that eventually age would catch up to him. Introspective, curious, and now viewing life with a clear lense, the wolf began to realize he had given little to the world in return for the time he spent upon it.

Few friends, little family, and no lovers or children of which to speak. When the clock finally wound to a close on him, what would be left behind?
A sad smile facing a grim future. Comadre chrips abruptly.

"Ooooooooooooooooooooooppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeee," he purrs into the air before small, taut wings race forward toward a gleaming white body. The tell-tale tips of crimson bring a more cheerful smile of recognition to the old, furred face. Picking his pace to a graceful lope, the hybrid makes his way to the side of the girl he had not seen since her exit from the Foothills.

"Long time no see, friend," he greets, nudging a muzzle out toward her shoulder in a short greeting, a gruff tug of his lips. "You look tired."

osiris </style>
Out of my blood, he'll breed revengement and a scourge for me.</style>

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

My head, my chest, my aching bones. I walked, finally out of the desert, away from the woods, gone from those insane, special brands of heartbreak. I had been subjected to so much emotional crap, man. Like, I’m not the sort to screw around with that sort of stuff—so when it hurled at me in concentrated balls of concrete straight to the cranium, I was subject to fall right on my ass and fail in my quiet little corner for a while. So I guess fate thought it was a perfect time for me to stumble upon Ma-dearest.

Ma. Just…the image of her in my mind was enough to confuse me. It was enough to send my heart careening in so many different directions and feelings that I still didn’t know how to process. The last time I saw her, I had been busy fighting that fiery asshole of a reptile and I was so mad at something (I couldn’t remember what, I couldn’t remember) that I completely missed my Ma leaving, completely missed her presence, disregarded it, and lost it all over again. I left her in the Foothills—she must see me as a coward. How could she not? And yet, every time this ugly suspicion raised its head, even uglier accusations came to mind: Why don’t I know my father? Why don’t I know the Gods? Why don’t I know my own Brother?

Why don’t I know?

It was hard watching her, sequestered as I was in the shade of the tree line, hidden from her view; I watched her and I was boiling and chilled and bubbling some more, all this shit rising and fluctuating in my breast, and I didn’t know how to handle it, if it was right, if I was a devil child or Ma really did suck (but she doesn’t suck, she doesn’t she doesn’t she can’t) or if the world was just a screwy place and everyone sucked and the Gods could go screw themselves for making us like this.

Or….something.

I don’t know.

I just watched Ma.

Something told me I should go to her; watching her was akin to being a creeper, and I had words for her. Even if they weren’t totally organized and legible yet, but there were words that had to be said. I was actually on the brink of going to her, too; I had taken a step out of the shadow, my horn illuminated by the sun hanging lazily in the sky, when a behemoth of fur and fangs beat me to the punch. I knew that behemoth—he was Osiris. He was from home, too.

I don’t know, the idea of facing my Ma by myself was already a daunting prospect—but I didn’t need a witness. There might be crying ‘n junk (especially where Mesec was concerned) and I didn’t need someone witnessing that. Nope. Didn’t need it, didn’t want it. So I stepped back into the shadow and continued to watch in that creepy way of mine, because I sucked at emotions and feelings ‘n junk and watching Ma was already its own painful thing by itself.

@[Ophelia]
@[Osiris]
Roskuld</style>
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia heard the very familiar cry of her name from the lips of the tiny black dragon she had known since she was a very small child. She turned her head sharply, a happy smile on her lips as she watched the slender sliver of dark scales billow her way with the half-wolf quickly behind. Often she wondered if Comadre or Osiris controlled their comings and goings because the black dragon was so independent and different.

"Comadre!" she called in return, happily greeting him.

Tinek was obviously ecstatic to see his little friend, and the much larger, grown silver launched himself into the air, trying to mimic Comadre's cooing. The sound was far more strangled and infinitely less cute. Ophelia chuckled, ears tilting forward in friendly interest as Osiris stopped his lope by her side, his nose touching her shoulder in a way that could only be described as kind. After her childish bout of broken crush, Ophelia had matured and come to realize that regardless of her feelings, the wolf had been a very close friend and mentor; he was important in her life and one of the only constants.

Ophelia nodded and sighed. "I needed time to clear my head," she replied honestly. "I have just journeyed back from the north. It seems as if every time I venture back into the herds, some politics or situations pull me in all directions." She was rarely ever comfortable sharing her thoughts and feelings to other, but Osiris was different. He had known her since she was a tiny, black, furry wraith wandering around in the caves. In a way, she thought that he knew her better than anyone.

"You look... very much the same," she complimented with a soft smile. "If you age at all, I do not see it - not even gray in your beard." Ophelia teased in good humor before a stray thought from Tinek rang in her mind. His crimson eyes had ventured to the figure of her daughter, and guilt hit her square in the chest. She had assumed that like herself, Roskuld would crave her independence, but was it right to do what she did? Ophelia did not know, but either way, she had know to set the past straight.

Ophelia turned to Osiris, pain and confusion in her expression. "Excuse me," she said quietly. "My daughter, Roskuld is here." The pale mare gingerly stepped toward the little girl before looking back at her friend. "Do you want to come say hello?"

Suddenly, the distance between herself and her child became too much, and desire to close the space became a need. She cantered, legs carrying her rapidly to her daughter before attempting to curl her neck around her tightly, embrace her child with a physical representation of her love. "Roskuld, how have you been?" she asked. "You look so grown up and... just... lovely."

Tinek broke the silence with a sneeze, his nose irritated by the pollen. A thick cloud of white snow and frost sprayed across them, and his crimson eyes blinked apologetically before turning to Comadre. The dragon shrugged.

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

FINALLY >_>

@[Roskuld]
@[Osiris]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!