the Rift

[OPEN] with all them wolves about; Colt

Gabriel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"Afraid of decision, I buried my finer feelings in the depths of my heart and they died there."

Heat drove him north, onward and upward, and instinct told him to skirt the herdlands – a cautiousness that was more fortuitous than he could have imagined. If he'd known what was happening to Kostya in the very moments he ranged northward, he would have been dead in the Basin before nightfall.

As it was, dusk saw him crossing into the steppes, though no snow blanketed it – not in high summer. Instead, tundra grasses grew lush, as if to make the most of their brief season of life. The red stallion paused as he walked, grazing and drowsing, in no particular hurry. The air felt cool and clean, a welcome reprieve from the areas he had been so far; his continued time wandering had marked his body with a variety of nicks, his chesnut mane and tail a matted mess. If he ever did find the twins, Kostya would have his work cut out for him.

There was no aurora tonight – cloud cover was thick, even here, and heat lightning flickered to the south, providing its own show. Whoever was south of the neck tonight looked to be having a time of it; the flashes reminded him of his time in Ferraden, jungle-damp with constant rain and heat. He'd much rather be here.

Surpringly few seemed to share his feelings, though – given the dog-hot summer, Gabriel would have figured on seeing many more inhabitants pushing north – but perhaps he was too ignorant the fear the Basin's proximity put into outsiders. Either way, he found himself alone; until.

Until there was a figure, difficult to pick out in the blanketed darkness, even the lightning just distant enough not to provide light. But the red stallion didn't depend on sight alone, and he drew nearer, cautioun evident in his steps; for all he knew, this was some feral god who was causing the storm beyond the hills.

Caution, but not fear – he'd met enough gods in his time to know they could do no worse than kill you, and he'd met enough ghosts in his time to know death meant nothing at all.

“And here I thought I'd be alone,” he said, drawing beside her, but there is no real note of bitterness in his voice – just a weariness, and a sort of slow curiosity.

@[Colt]

gabriel

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

Colt was recharging.

The necessity of her current situation to live peacefully alongside the other species had proved draining. The smiles had begun to tire the muscles in her jaw and the petty laughed had rasped her throat. Most of all though her head swam with all their pungent odors, finding particular offense in unicorn dung.
The cold here drove all of that away.

She stood, bowed against the winds that harried the land here, thoughtlessly pulling at the tough weeds that strove to overcome the harsh terrain. Hopefully they might give her more strength than the saturated grass growing plump and complacent in the Foothills.
The tension spun off her in noticeable waves as she relaxed with every passing mouthful. Here, she need not be anything other then herself. Here, there were no unicorns, no pegasus, no Ricochet. Here, there was only shit foot and ice. She liked it.

It came as a cruel surprise then when a voice interrupted her private world, as if reality were rap, rap rapping on the door of her foolish fantasies. Wake up Colt, you can never just be who you are. The world is always watching, even where the eyes have frozen over.
She may as well forget the word relax even existed.

Her head shot up, betraying the surprise fluttering through her breast, but at least she stood her ground instead of prancing to the side like a frail fawn. Still, she berated herself as the last mass of weedy grass slipped down her gullet. A dark limb flashed obviously over the paleness of this place, her toe searching for, and failing to find, a rock to keep hold of. Like a pacifier she found comfort in brushing her trigger finger over the smooth, powerful bit of metal jutting out, the damn gun wasn't loaded so it felt hollow. Lucky for him, she had a habit of finding happiness in the paranoia-driven leveling of her gun.

Her steel gaze shifted to the owner of the words, too near for comfort without her having known of his approach (damn this constant wind) so she leveled him with the tightened glint. All that came of the stare however was a dip of her ears, gently kissing her neck, before they gradually lifted back upright. Oh she realized, once she overcame her initial alarm and annoyance, an equine.
And all alone with her, at last, no one to be mindful of.

The world is watching.

"Yet you purposefully chose not to be," she noted with an emotionless voice, analyzing the stallion so she might chose her actions appropriately. She wanted a certain response and she would play the game to get it. "Either you're glad to have been incorrect, a worrisome form of enjoyment, or you're making a subtle hint to rouse my motionless state into something more, mobile."

She thought to proffer him a smile to lighten her words, but decided not to. She needed to save all of those for the mutants at home.

SOME REMEDIES ARE WORSE THAN THE DISEASE
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Gabriel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"Afraid of decision, I buried my finer feelings in the depths of my heart and they died there."

Not a god, then. Or, if she had ichor in her veins and not blood, she disguised it. There were stories of such things – gods who would reward you with a boon, if you found them. It would be useless for Gabriel to have such a thing happen; it had been such a long time since he had wanted anything at all.

When she startled he took a step back, muscles bunching and tensing, wary of her reaction. He knew what it was to be surprised, especially when you were wandering alone, and the mare moved like someone who was no stranger to defending herself at a moment's notice. Not eager to fight, the red stallion only waited, allowing her to size him up (only fair, as he was doing the same), relaxing only a modicum when she spoke.

“Maybe I was just surprised to find somebody with the same number of appendages I have,” he said, with a funny little half-smile. Gabriel was not prejudiced, not necessarily – or not yet, anyhow – but it had been weeks since he'd kept company that didn't have wings or horns. The grulla wasn't the equine he'd been hoping to find, but it was nice to find one nonetheless.

But he knew, too, the need to be alone; and if this wasn't a solitary place then there were none. With a demure dip of his head, he spoke again, coffee-dark eyes watching her face for the subtle play of expressions. “I can leave you, if you wish. I can't be the only one who came here to think.”

He expected her to agree – the type of person who came all this way, unaided by wings, was the type of person who deeply valued solitary time – but perhaps she wouldn't. Perhaps she believed in fate in a way that he did not.

@[Colt]

gabriel

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

[SRRY I saw it when you first replied I'm just a slow mofo ;___; ]

His reaction poured out like smooth honey. It dripped deliciously into her ears and warmed her mind the way sugar coatings do. Her lips twitched into a simper that fit easily on her features. "Is that the kind of company you prefer?" she asked innocently enough, her voice holding a certain edge to it despite the sprinkles.

She turned her head to regard him more thoroughly, her flint gaze traipsing across his frame with a certain hunger. He was fresh, his body beautiful for all that it lacked, carved in muscle that whispered of the strength of his flesh. Her grin deepened, the child's smirk replaced by the crocodile. She was excited at the prospect of this boy, and all the more so as his words continued. His mind carved into the frostbitten air with an intelligence she commended, his wit a company she could more than endure.

She guessed that he sat on the prime of his life. An ideal knight to toss into the little game Ricochet was playing. A simple game, all we have to do is capture the queen - then drench her kingdom in the blood of her ugly subjects and cleave her head from her torso.

Colt didn't want to be thinking about Ricochet now though.

"I have many wishes, but your absence is not one of them," she responded not long after his voice concluded, her thoughts drifting to the back of her mind, filling the dark corners where her memories lived. Her smile began to wane, but not for any lack of continued joy.

"Though I confess, I came here to do the opposite of thinking. The emptiness here is comforting... in a way, it encourages me to emulate it, making my mind similarly desolate. It's a kind respite." She let the discussion of herself fade at that, not keen on delving any deeper into her being, not for herself and certainly not for him. A prize piece he was, but for all the reasons she wanted him, he could destroy her too. Teach someone how to shoot and you've put a target on yourself, isn't that right, Incendiary?

"I'm curious though, what thoughts this world has stirred for you, or which ones had you hoped it might?" Colt murmured, her body and her tone gentling as the initial surprise and wariness left her.
The world is watching She reminded herself when she felt her comfort growing too lax. Gabriel was not her savior, no one was.

[p.s. are these table colors difficult to read? I'm a bit unsure with this one, some days I like it some days not...]

SOME REMEDIES ARE WORSE THAN THE DISEASE
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.