Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu
Ktulu
the Constrictor

"You should go back. Miss Foothills."

Eytan's voice echoed in Ktulu's mind and the dark mare shook her head. "Why?" She asked the bear in return as she stopped and turned to face him. He had trailed behind her as she'd traveled across Helovia. She had no region to call home yet and no family aside from the bear that was bonded to her soul. That alone was reason enough for him to tell her to go back, but she wanted to hear him say it.

"You miss them." He replied easily. "'Pollo. Akota. Duan." Eytan, as usual, was right that she missed them, but she didn't think he understood why she couldn't go back. "I miss them." Eytan looked up at his bonded, his sadness reflected in the caramel orbs that peered up at her, but she didn't need to look into his eyes to see that he was sad. She could feel the ache in her chest and his longing to be back in the rolling hills that he had grown from a cub to the full grown bear he was now in.

"I'm sorry, Eytan." Ktulu said softly. "But I'm not going back. I can't." She was cut off by the bear as he huffed an impatient sigh. "Akota no leave." He insisted, which forced Ktulu into silence. She had faith that someday soon, hopefully, Lakota would leave the Foothills and keep the promise she had made several times before, but she could now feel Eytan's certainty that Lakota wouldn't be leaving. He would know better than she would, wouldn't he? He still went to the Foothills. He still saw everyone and the way they acted. "Akota stay"

Finally Ktulu turned away from the bear and began walking. She could hear rustling behind her, but rather grow closer the rustling became distant until she couldn't hear it anymore. And she was alone. The mare stopped walking once more and heaved a heavy sigh as the weight of Eytan's words and feelings settled on her shoulders. There was no way she'd be able to make the both of them happy, it seemed, and she had no idea what to do.

@[Kahlua]

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
The mare returned from her trip to the veins, making her way North towards home. The feelings inside of her were confusing at best and absolutely incapacitating at worst. The mare had spent the entirely of her walk back trying to figure out something that she had no words for. With the sun high in the sky and lighting her way she no longer had to worry about the darkness. Still, the mare felt something troublesome settling on her soul and she couldn't quite grasp it. Even if she did know what was troubling her so, would she have been able to deduce a solution? The mare knew was well as anyone else that the answer was no. If was not a scholar, at least she was aware of the fact.

The farther north she made it, the more she realized that she was entering unknown territory. However, as it did not feel as heavy to her as the deep forest, where she had been gathering gems for her trade, the mare did not feel concerned. The one thing she found that she did not like about this place was the quietness. Even in her most painfully introspective moments, the mare was social by nature. Perking her ears forward, the mare looked dutifully about her to try and find some signs of life besides the rodents of the forest.

Off between some trees, a flash of gold caught the mare's attention. Carelessly, Kahlua turned herself that way, stupidly forgetting to wonder if there was danger in the woods that she was unaware of. She could take no more of the fruitless brooding that was going on in her head. She needed company and she needed joy. And if she could not have these things, she at least needed an escape. If this stranger could provide it to her, all the better. So, she forced a smile onto her face and took care to shake out her mane and tail just the right amount before she wove her way through the willows and into the presence of the gold marked mare.

As Kahlua broke through the trees, the first thing she noticed about this mare was her blood-tipped horn. It was the same horn she had seen on Artemis, of the Foothills, not a few weeks past. At the time she had been frightened by the horn, but she was not now. After all, Artemis had proven herself kind enough. The second thing she noticed were the dancing fireflies that seemed to hover about the mare and nowhere else. So, while she did not go so far as to assume that this black mare and Artemis were of the same herd or family, she foolishly let herself believe that this stranger was of no concern to her and stood before Ktulu quite unguarded. “Hello, my friend,” her smile was radiant and her voice danced as it normally did, but there was a hint of something behind the words. Kahlua was no liar and not versed in the art of stealth. Try as she might, it was painfully obvious that she was troubled. “I'm Kahlua, of the Edge. I hope you don't mind me joining you?” And so it was, that she looked expectantly to the black mare, hoping that she could find some companionship with her.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Ktulu
Ktulu
the Constrictor

"Hello, my friend."

Ktulu's crimson gaze rose from the ground and settled on the mare that had happened upon her. The scent she carried on her was that of the Edge and it made the Constrictor's ears tilt back against her head. When she thought of the Edge she thought of the botched invasion she'd sent her warriors on. She thought of her uncle whose life was cut short by their dragon-leader. She felt disdain, not only for the Edge but for herself because she had gone against her better instincts. All of her life she had trusted her instincts and had been guided right by them. The one time she ignored it she caused someone in her family's death.

After several minutes of staring at the two toned mare Ktulu's muscled shoulders heaved in a motion that mimicked a shrug. "I don't care." She replied. She had a feeling that even if she said that she minded the mare wouldn't be one to just leave. She could already picture her as one of those bleeding hearts that had to go around and make the world a better place to live in. If the racists and the bleeding hearts were gone Ktulu had a feeling that the world would be a better place, but to rid the globe of them would be an act of genocide that would take ages to complete.

The dark mare snorted and turned her head away from Kahlua as she tried to tap into Eytan's mind to see where the bear was going, but he shoved her back with such force that it left her almost breathless. She seemed to deflate visibly and she sighed heavily again. Eytan left her wishing that she never would have approached Ophelia about forming the Grey because everything had snowballed from there and had gotten completely out of control. Without the Grey she would still be living side by side with her sister in the Thistle Meadow. Eytan wouldn't be angry with her. She wouldn't feel like she'd been cast aside by the one being that she wanted to be with.

"I am Ktulu." She said back several minutes later. "Of nowhere in particular."

@[Kahlua]

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay

I don't care, the mare responded, and Kahlua looked at her with curious eyes. Kahlua wondered for a moment if Ktulu meant she didn't care what Kahlua's name was, or didn't care if she stayed. Furrowing her brow for a moment, she finally decided that Ktulu had meant the latter. Despite her well-muscled appearance and the scars of many fights past, she did not seem prepared to fight. Kahlua was thankful and sighed her relief aloud. Ignoring any idea that the mare's I don't care, was actually saying I'd really rather you leave, Kahlua took a step closer. If she knew this mare's past she would have turned and run the other way, fearful thing that she was, but one lesson with Ricochet had not taught her to avoid strangers. It was a lesson she would have to learn many times over.

Kahlua followed the Constrictor's gaze backwards and tried to see what she was looking for, but found nothing there. Her heavy sigh filled the air and Kahlua stood in silence with her, waiting for some kind of response. The silent air left her mind roaming again, and it almost felt like she was alone even in Ktulu's presence. Kahlua did not like the feeling and shifted uncomfortably, but was patient enough to give Ktulu time. She had barged in, after all.... but she could not understand what the interruption was. She was a child compared to the aged hearts of so many in Helovia. In her few seasons here she had met more troubled souls and frightful danger that she had in her entire life. Though it was not obvious to her, she had grown so much in so little time. It was no wonder that the citizens of Helovia were like ageless sages.

I am Ktulu, of nowhere in particular, she said finally, and Kahlua's blue eyes shifted back to the mare from the fireflies she had been watching. “That sounds lonely,” she replied almost instantly, glad to have a voice in the air once again. And, as she always talked to much, she blabbered on for a little while longer. “Don't you have a family to settle down with?” Of course, Kahlua had not had a family upon her arrival. She had made one now, with the Qian, and she could and would not imagine it any differently. For a moment, Kahlua thought about extending her nose towards Ktulu's shoulder, but thoughts of how flighty Artemis had been at her touch kept her from advancing. The sword on the mare's head was not one Kahlua would like to dance with, despite her assumption that the mare was more-or-less harmless right now.

OOC| You don't have to tag me every post. Thanks though ^.^
.KAHLUA

Ktulu
Ktulu
the Constrictor

It was never a comfortable silence when you were standing with someone you hardly knew and Ktulu soon found herself wishing that she would have told the mare to take a flying leap. Instead she shifted her weight and waited out the silence, hoping that the mare would take it upon herself to realize that her presence wasn't wanted or needed. The only one that Ktulu wanted was in the Foothills and it seemed she wouldn't be leaving them anytime soon. Or ever, if Eytan was right in his argument.

"That sounds lonely. Don't you have a family to settle down with?"

The Constrictor cast a sidelong glance at Kahlua, wondering if she was asking the question because she was genuinely curious or if she knew something and was digging at mending wounds in an attempt to rip the scabs off. If Eytan had stuck around he'd have felt out the mare already and convinced Ktulu that she was okay. He was nowhere near as suspicious of everyone as his bonded was, but he was gone and she had to be the judge of character on her own.

Ktulu's weight shifted as she turned to face Kahlua head on, her crimson eyes critical as she looked her over, clearly trying to decide if the mare had some hidden intentions. She had an innocent face, Ktulu decided, and an aura that was just as innocent as her face, and that was the reason Ktulu decided that the mare posed no threat. Still, she was reserved in her answers. "My family is scattered across Helovia. Or has disappeared altogether." She finally answered. "My father is in the Edge, my sister, brothers, and mother I haven't the faintest clue." Her tail flicked and she pressed her lips together as she stared at the mare.

"Why do you choose to reside in the Edge?" What made it so great that her own father would abandon his daughters after their victory in favor of it?

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay

The mare's sidelong glance once again made Kahlua uncomfortable, made her shift her weight and lean towards an exit, but somehow she could not bring herself to leave. Even here, cramped up in the clearing with this oddly marked and oddly silent mare, Kahlua was happier than she was on her own. Besides, if she had been smart enough to leave, she would not be herself. Flicking her ears towards the black and gold mare, Kahlua tried to smile. The motion was not forced, but she had no heart in it and so it was not nearly as radiant as it normally would have been. Regardless, Ktulu seemed to decide she was of little concern.

As she mentioned that her father was in the Edge, Kahlua perked up a little more. At least they had something in common. She wondered for a moment who the girls father could be, but her thoughts disappeared soon enough as she tried to take in the rest of the speech. Again, a look of disdain was given to her, though Kahlua did not catch it. She was rarely good at deciphering the emotions of others. At the inquiry about her place of residence, the painted girl could not help but perk up a little bit. If ever she was troubled, thoughts of home could surely ease her soul. “Mirage seeks peace, I like the goal. I wouldn't want a life with constant war and hatred,” she decided upon. Her beginnings in the herd were more simple. She had needed a home and had desired power. As she was weak and cowardly, peace was an easy goal for her to rally behind. A moment later, she added, “Who is your father? I can tell him you are well.”

In reality, the simple girl could probably have rallied behind any herd and taken up any cause (save that of constant warfare). The gods had simply pointed her towards the Edge and history had been made. Humming for a moment, a simple song of joy, she thought of the wooded land she called home. A few quiet moments soon brought her head back to her troubles, though. She still could not say what was making her feel so distraught, but since she was not one to keep secrets, she ended up speaking again. She always did speak too much. “What do you do when your heart is troubled?” She was not used to this feeling and certainly did not know how to deal with it. Perhaps the advice of strangers would be better than none.

@[Ktulu]
.KAHLUA

Ktulu
Ktulu
the Constrictor

"She would not be the first with the goal of peace." Ktulu said, her voice falling flat and a frown creasing the corners of her mouth. Was peace really a viable goal, though? Would anyone ever truly be able to achieve the peace that everyone claimed that they desired? The dark mare doubted it. Her crimson gaze found the other mare once more and the question was upon her lips before she could stop it. "How can you achieve peace without war?" She stared, waiting only seconds for an answer before she pressed on. "To achieve peace you must eliminate those who wish for war and in doing so you bring war upon yourself. Would you kill for peace? Would you condone killing in the name of peace?" She stared more then snorted and turned her gaze elsewhere. Peace, she was beginning to think, was overrated.

Kahlua's next question and the offer that followed it drew a bitter and quite resentful laugh from Ktulu. "If my father cared to know if I was well he would see for himself." She stated. He knew where she had been, but he had never made the effort to contact her and she had cut ties with him the day he had turned his back on her and walked away. Now when she thought of him she often felt little more than anger and resentment. "If you speak to Paladin the Valiant you can tell him that Ktulu is well, if he even cares to know." Her tail slapped against her legs and she snorted, forcing muscles that had begun to tense in the small fit of anger that had swept over her to relax.

"What do you do when your heart is troubled?"

The question took Ktulu off guard and she looked at the painted mare. What did she do? She isolated herself from everyone. She went to the forest and hid in the shadows. She picked fights because physical pain was much more manageable than emotional pain. She talked to Eytan and let him counsel her because the bear was wise beyond his years. She brooded and made herself more upset and began to blame everything on herself when others were at fault besides herself. Rather than answer Kahlua's question she turned her head away from her and stared in the direction that Eytan had stalked off in.

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay

The less than thrilled words of Ktulu met Kahlua's ears and soon enough the painted girls smile was turning to a frown. How can you achieve peace without war? She asked and Kahlua flicked her ears. This was quickly turning to a philosophical discussion that would be well out of the realm of her capacity. She did not have an answer so she said nothing, opting to let the Constrictor continue her thoughts. Would you kill for peace? she asks, making Kahlua shift uncomfortably. Would she? She couldn't imagine such a thing. She had fought, but had the stallion fallen instead of letting her run off would she have thrown a hoof through his skull, watched him take his last breath and ended any story that might have been his?

Shuddering, she tried unsuccessfully to force the thoughts out of her head. She didn't think she would stop the warriors from killing in the name of the Edge, but did she really know what that meant? She knew the idea of death. She knew that things were born and died, but had she ever really thought about it? No. Ktulu was right. She had no concept of what she was asking for when she asked for peace, but even now with the words thrown out before her she didn't really understand. Confusion rattled her brain, the philosophical questions that Ktulu was asking her to answer frustrating the poor girl and making her want to cry. This was her life, wasn't it? Couldn't she aim for peace without being questioned? She shifted again, flicking her tail in agitation. She didn't know what to do.

Luckily, she was given reprieve from her terrible indecision. Paladin. Kahlua remembered the stallion. She had met him once, on the shore. There had been an intruder. At least she knew who the mare was speaking of. She bobbed her head then, back in the realm of conversation that she was comfortable with. “I will,” was all she said, though the mare's thoughts on her father were something Kahlua could actually relate to. She had never been good enough for her father. Was Ktulu the same?

Watching the Constrictor's gaze turn back towards the woods at her final question, Kahlua followed her gaze but found nothing. With silence in the air between them, Kahlua's mind naturally wandered back to the confusion that Ktulu had forced into it. Peace and war. Did they go together? Could there be one without the other? Kahlua wanted to think so, but she couldn't find a way to work it out in her head. Instead, frustrated, she began to move. A few steps took her forward, but something stopped her from leaving entirely. She would go soon, it was becoming more obvious to Kahlua that the woman wanted to be left alone, but leaving the conversation more confused than she entered it was a frustration the painted girl was having a difficult time stomaching. “Is it so wrong to want a life where you don't have to watch your back with every step you take,” she said finally, almost pouting. It was the only words she had been able to force out of her head.

@[Ktulu]
.KAHLUA

Ktulu
Ktulu
the Constrictor

Ktulu watched the painted mare as she asked questions of war and peace, and while she truly expected no answer from the other mare she could tell that Kahlua was struggling to think of an answer. The Constrictor had already resigned herself to the fact that there would never be peace in any world she lived in. Whenever you killed one warmonger two more rose to take his place. They converted individuals, brain washed them, pitted them against one another. It was a never ending circle and she suspected that the ones who originally fought in the name of peace would eventually be corrupted by their own desires. She felt that it was inborn in every individual that they had some sort of prejudice against another race even if they claimed not to, and that prejudice was the very reason that fighting for peace would never be plausible.

The only sort of peace anyone could have was if they lived in their own little bubble, as it seemed Kahlua did.

She had looked away from Kahlua while she struggled internally with the questions that Ktulu had posed. An ear twitched in the other mare's direction as she listened to her footsteps start then stop. She then asked her own question and Ktulu's bloody gaze returned to the painted mare. "No." She answered easily enough. No, it was not bad but it wasn't a want that was within reach of anyone in Helovia, Isilme, or any other land on Loorien. "But is what you want really viable?"

She could have asked a million more questions, but she felt that Kahlua had already suffered enough with the first set of questions she had posed and now she had asked one that could possibly destroy her hope for peace. "I was born in a land that was riddled with war." She began. "My sister and I were foals, only a couple of months old, when she was stolen from us by a mare who was little more than a prejudiced warmonger. My father led a peaceful herd open to anyone who wanted to live with us, but she challenged the peace that he had brought forth and used us because our mother was Equine. We were disposable because we were not of pure blood. I suppose my view on peace has been tainted since then because there is always someone who will destroy it." She laughed bitterly and shook her head. "You know, our herd actually harbored a group that claimed that they fought for equality of each species and peace, and when it came down to it they turned tail and ran away like cowards."

Why she was explaining her view and essentially spilling her guts to a perfect stranger was lost on Ktulu. "Make her understand how you think." Eytan's voice startled Ktulu because she had not heard him return or scented him, which meant that the bear had approached from downwind. Her head turned and she glanced around until she saw the grizzly venturing toward her. Her gaze never left the bear until he had settled by her side once more, seemingly over the tantrum he had thrown before running off. "Even the dead do not find peace." She pressed on. "It was the dead that drove us away from our home and why a lot of us ended up here."

@[Kahlua]
ooc:// i don't even know what happened with this post. i tagged you because it took me so long to reply, sorry about the wait!

"."

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay

No. But is what you want really viable? Kahlua didn't know. She didn't know what to say or how to think. At first it had been the terrible darkness, plaguing her. The monster of the fire; the burned, scarred stallion; the shadows that twitched and danced every hour of the day; the attack of the unicorns. At least those had been physical terrors- things she could see and find an escape from. Things that had a face and a name, things that she could think about because she could picture them in her mind. What of her troubles now? They were intangible, distant, flickers of thoughts in her mind. How could she combat something that had no name, no touch, no feel, no image?

But instead of being forced to answer, she was given a tale, which she listened to cautiously, only because her heart didn't think it could handle anymore promises of death and destruction. But, in the end, Kahlua honestly thought the woman was looking a little too much in to things. But perhaps this was just because she looked so little in to things. Was a life of sorrow and believing there could be no good in the world worthwhile just because of such an incident? Of course, Kahlua could not know the rest of Ktulu's history. She could not know what hurts, trials and tribulations she had faced. She could not know how Ktulu's heart had handled them, how her mind had perceived them. “I'm sorry,” was all she managed, little consolation for what had transpired.

As for the appearance of the bear, she was no longer frightened by such miniscule animals. The miniature cats, wolves, and no apparently bears, that wandered the wilderness she had found to be entirely peaceful. Instead she looked at him and smiled. He was handsome, in a rugged sort of way. Even the dead do not find peace, the mare continued, hell-bent on destroying every last hope of happiness that Kahlua held. But as she finished, Kahlua pursed her lips together in a thin line of determination. Some happened in her head, something made her defiant instead of mopey and she looked to the mare with a fire alight in her blue eyes. “I'm going to change that,” she said finally, strong words trying to convince to whom? “Don't forget my name. I'm going to change this land.” She believed herself, but did the gods?

With a decided nod of her head, the girl finished taking her leave, setting off at a trot into the woods, mind adrift with possibilities. She headed for home with purpose, hopes high that her convictions were not useless.

@[Ktulu]
.KAHLUA