the Rift

[OPEN] Morning light
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The sun, a throbbing heartbeat. Its warmth is something that I no longer take for granted. Quietly I pray a morning prayer to both an earth father and sun brother. For though as a child raised in the worship of earth—it seemed right that sun would receive praise considering all he had done for this family, and myself. Resting beneath the shadow of our old Magnolia I gazed with lazy intent at my homeland. Thinking about Ktulu, our daughter and Hototo. I hadn’t seen them in such a while.

Was she thinking about me? Did Hototo go visit?

Fina had been flying over the forests, keeping a watch for me. I learned that Ktulu had abandoned the Foothills, along with her sister. As for who wore the crown? Rumors whispered a painted lad with a crystal blue horn. I knew the brother they spoke of, and pitied his soul for being forced into politics.

We made choices. That was what seeing that other world had taught me. A hard lesson learnt from a mistake of another being. Yet, here I stood, learned in the same thing he had been. Each individual had a neutral plane of existence, were the choices you didn’t make are played out on a separate thread of time. The choice to not adopt Cera. The choice of life and death. The choice of magic. Fina stayed near me, she refused to leave my side out of concern. I took days to recover, Onni had healed my body—but the spirit was exhausted. I drank, slept and ate. Soon I would be well enough to return to the front lines, it was where they expected me to be.

But I wasn’t ready…or at least—I didn’t feel ready.

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The day I had been looking forward to had finally come. I was taken back to the Throat by Rasta, but I had not met anyone that inhabited the Oasis besides Rasta and Africa. I remembered the nice lady that greeted me, though I called one day for her and she never answered as I waited for her appearance at the border. I worried a little bit and I had to admit my heart was heavy with confusion as if she was still part of the Throat or not.

Lost in my own thought, I continued treading out of the lush oasis out on the desert. Sunlight beat hard on my back, warming every bone in my body. The heat was crazy, but I suddenly didn't mind it too much. Taking in a deep breath, I marveled the beauty of the land. I wanted to meet my other family members, but something kept me from doing so. Anxiety kept me from many things, but I was hoping that joining this herd would actually help me get over such childish fears.

My thoughts started wandering once more as I walked with no destination. What would it be like to get a companion? I could get a Phoenix. It does match my name after all and my orange tinted fur. In the distance I spotted a figure beneath an elegant tree. My emerald orbs caught sight of it, and standing stone still, I brought myself to move again as I approached the horse. He seemed vaguely familiar, but I would say nothing of it.

Getting closer, I saw two giant wings on top of his back, and his eyes gazing somewhere else as if in deep thought. Nervously eyeing him, I finally found my supposedly "lost" voice ."Good morning brother", I began, knowing for sure he was a Throat's horse. It was the proper way to begin a conversation. Hopefully I wouldn't chicken out and start blabbering nonsense.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

There were newcomers coming in and out of the Oasis continuously, so as one might imagine I wouldn’t be pulled from my personal realm of meditation just because someone new happened to pass by. This stranger broke the unexpected and didn’t keep on walking though. He paused, mildly interested enough to give me a once over while I wasn’t paying much attention. After finding me worthy enough or passive enough to have a conversation with, said lad broached, “Good morning brother.” I might not be the best reader of emotions, but there was an unmistakable wariness in his tone.

The boy was likely lost, wet behind the ears, and I was about to answer a hundred questions like a good little tour guide should. (Not that such would warrant any resentment.) Fina chattered from her branch in the tree above us, sharp little chirps that were her version of greeting. I blinked and glanced his way, noticing simultaneously that there was no one else around that he could be addressing. A welcoming smile slithered naturally across my mug, but it was a forced grin because of fatigue from recent events, and honestly a desire to have as little nuisances as possible. Lips moved and formed a polite but curt answer, “Aye, morning to you as well.”

His coloring was…my mind scrambled for the right word. Fina watched from above, she seemed to favor the flaming tips of his wings and the coloration that ran down its length. Showy was the word which came into my mind half a heartbeat later, his breeding was showy. Ivory feathers that lay lax across my barrel shifted, then settled. “I’m Midas, welcome to the Oasis.”

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]