the Rift

an old soldier [open]

Vladic Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It was amazing, if he was being honest. He had been alive for so long yet he had seen so little of the world. And so little of the world had been touched by the shadowed forced that had decimated his homeland that he had to wonder what it was all for in the first place. It wasn’t like Vladic to be so retrospective, but when you had been travelling for several seasons and found yourself alone, it was hard not to lapse into bouts of solipsism. Especially when entering new realms. He had seen plenty of them, some of them he lost friends and comrades in – though perhaps ‘lost’ was too strong a word. They had found new lives, away from the tumult and chaos of an endless, unwinnable war. He couldn’t blame them, but those places were not for him. They were too young, green lands settled by green rulers that didn’t know what they were doing. Recipes for disaster and not something he wished to be part of. It did not stop him from wondering how they had all got off so lightly, when his own home had been destroyed – a long war, years long, stopped because both sides were threatened and nearly wiped out completely by a mutual and undefeatable enemy. Looking back, there was nothing left. Centuries of years of life gone in little under three years. And yet the outside world was untouched. So far from home, he was left only with questions that would remain unanswered.

It was strange. He was now so far from where he started he wouldn’t ever be able to find his way back, yet he didn’t care. Never had he felt so apathetic to the place where he spent the best part of seventeen years. Strange indeed. He had enjoyed his time exploring, if he was honest. So many years in one place – his whole life in fact – it was an interesting experience, getting lost. New places, strangers and foreign customs. Places where they didn’t speak the same language he did; places where they took one look at his tank-like build and fled; places where that same build had mares flirting with him before they even knew his name. None were appealing, but each was fascinating.

His opinion on where he now stood had yet to be formed. It was a heavily wooded area, not unlike parts of his origin and places he had been. The day was warm, but nothing he had not experienced before, and there was the smells of…many strange things. And magic. There was a feeling in the air that prickled his skin and alerted the more primitive part of his brain. Be on alert, it said. He was not a spellcaster, he was a man of brute strength, but he had fought it before. As it stood, there were no threats to him here, but he would not be caught off guard. If this truly was the end of the line for his wanderings, then he was going to give it his full attention.

[[ooc: i've not done horse in well over a year. still shaking off the rust]]

Cypress Posts: 72
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 12 hands :: 10 months
Cy
The dark brown mare swallowed, the thick air, she had thought was churning a storm was coming. The darkened sky was getting lighter although she still thought she should take some better cover. She had been standing under a few trees in a wide meadow, and now she was regretting it. if there was a storm then she would possibly get struck by lightning. Which she didn't want to happen.

Cypress decided to move on to a better place. As she stood the wind howled in her small ears, she still thought she could hear the wind, as it brewed up the perfect storm. She had currently been wandering through lands, meeting new... well everything. Equines, Unicorns, and Pegasus. It had never occurred to her that she had stumbled across a new land until now.

She was a-little uneasy about it. Like it had taken her powers away. Like the wind had taken it away. She sometimes asks herself, why is she so against wind? What did it do to her? For one thing, she didn't think it liked her as much as it liked some other unicorns. Somehow she felt alone in new worlds, when there was nowhere to go, and no-one to talk to if she had a problem.

When she was on her hooves again she felt a little queasy. But she held the bad feeling down, is if it was a rabbit trying to get out of it's nest. In the distance she had saw a forest. She decided to go there maybe it will give her some actual cover.
When she got halfway there she heard hoof steps, who was there? Cypress didn't want to find out but she turned around anyway, and saw a unicorn. His horn was curled and his body was scared. A white mane blowed in the churning wind, and his body looked rough but firm, like a tank. He was a few yards away although she didn't think he was fully aware what was happening around him. But Cypress just had to say something. "Um, hello my name is Cypress"

wordcount:350
ooc: Nice description of tank, so I used it. :)
tags: @[Vladic]
Thought

Image Credits
[Image: 15d7tjd.jpg]
Permission for magic or cruelty directed to Cypress at all times. But not death.
Pixel-Tamme

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Eager for a distraction from her laments, from her dirges and requiems, from the walls closing in on her refinement, on her composure, Lena and Imogen tore away from the peaks and valleys, and turned down the lengthy corridor towards the Threshold. Perhaps because it was a gateway for many futures, she ventured down its wayward schemes and labyrinths many times, ready to present a stalwart, valorous attempt to restore and revitalize her empire, longing and wishing for strangers to have their opportunities and follies. Like a bewitching snare, it captivated and coaxed wavering newcomers from across seas, mountains, fathoms below in enveloping, drenching tides, above skylines that christened and anointed eternal glory, or consigned the temptation of purgatory and infidel hymns. She dove into summer’s reign and remembered how to dance in its heated bliss, in its scandalous raptures and dreamy reveries, ignited by the sun’s whimsical strokes and bright, illuminating beams, studying the minuets and waltzes of the glittering fabric, the sodden veils, casting a molten glow over the terrain. The elegance, the finery, the shades and shadows of ethereal contortions pulsed into her limbs and skimmed lightly along her crown, nestled deep into the raw sentiments of exploration, searching the world for another lost soul, beguiling and alluring her senses to the honorable enterprise of the locked gateways and the hidden paths.

Her eyes fell upon an elder brute, and she instantly had no doubts of his wisdom, his experience, the way wars lifted and shattered the remnants of his livelihood. Scarred (in how many ways?), pricked and pierced by the formations of assaults and sieges, and she could nearly share her knowledge of her own battles, of her own munitions, if she wasn’t so ashamed of her actions and pursuits. Instead of fumbling towards her tangible melancholies, she settled her curiosity and inquiry upon him, and the other, nimble, lithe creature that seemed to follow soon after – what had he seen? What had he heard? What had he fought for? In the name of a kingdom, long since established, still trying to reign supreme over a world daunted by its magnificence? For a monarchy, for a king, for a queen, yearning to establish and stretch the sovereignty of their prowess? For a world tarnished, sullied and ruined, struggling to revitalize amongst the dim of doubt? She voiced none of these questions, but allowed them to simmer in the back of her mind, gaze in wonder and delight, threading and weaving her honeyed eyes towards the two strangers, slowly, gracefully, mold her movements into their sights. The ivory kitsune followed closely behind, twirling in the lighthearted motions Lena fostered and rendered once more; deliverance and sanctuary, salvation and sanctum in the breadth, in the hum, of her strides and canticles. Her voice, harmonious, rapturous, stoked and refined in grandeur, pursued the length of her bow towards each individual, lilted into majestic song. “I’m Lena of the Aurora Basin. Welcome to Helovia.” The bright, incandescent stroke of her smile bloomed, flourished, as she considered each of them. What did they want from this isle of forest and the unknown? “Who are you? Is there something you seek here?” Could she bestow those specious wishes, those hidden aspirations, or would they be left for another to discover and unveil?

her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love
LENA
Credit URL

Unregistered

His pace was a slow amble, a walk with purpose but not urgency. He felt no need to rush anywhere and his current speed had taken him from realm to realm without issue. But age was starting to catch up to him and he could feel himself slowing with every step. His bones creaked, joints protesting as he slowed to a stop; rolling his shoulders and feeling the knots in the muscles. Curling his chin to his chest, he stretched his neck until the familiar click and pop of weary joints was felt and he released with a sigh. A sound on his blind side caused him to twitch and adjust his position, large head swinging around to fix the cause with a blank, benign stare. A young mare – no, a filly – a dainty little thing with a dark coat that looked as if she had come through a snowstorm. And so very young. Back home, one of such age would not be allowed away from their guardian’s side – they’d be in training for whatever job they had been assigned to. They certainly wouldn’t be allowed to wander unaccompanied in the wilds. It just hammered home how far he travelled.

As she spoke, he blinked at her, slowly. Vaguely she reminded him of one of his messengers and had her spots been that little bit whiter and her horn that little bit more crooked he would have considered her to be the reincarnated spirit of the mare he knew well. Mismatched ears flicked idly, switching between focussing on the filly and keeping tabs on the area around them. A pretty, if gangly youth, her age showing on her body. He had seen so many children through the years, it was easy to predict she would be the kind to turn heads once she matured. She identified herself as Cypress and he hummed in thought – that was before those thoughts were interrupted by another.

Another mare, older this time, of similar yet different colouration to the first. Elegant, radiant. It seemed to be a theme. Her speech was refined, her movements seeming rehearsed and perfected. Professional, and something to be respected. He mirrored her slightly, dipping his head in greeting as he pondered the name ‘Helovia’ along with the mare’s own. He focused momentarily on the mare’s companion, brows twitching in curiosity. “Hmm,” a deep rumble, down in the depths of his chest, ragged lips pressing together. “Lena. Cypress. My name is Vladic.” A deep voice, like rolling thunder in the distance. Gentle, calm, passive. “I seek and end to my wandering, if such a thing exists.” Once again his attention was pulled to the fox-like thing that tailed the mare and he frowned at it. “Miss Lena, if I may, I have never seen such a creature like your companion. Enlighten me to what it is?”

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Picking his hooves up as he moved the dappled stallion easily navigated the entrance to the threshold yet again slowing his pace only when the paths began to narrow and snake through the trees. Something about this place made him return yet again hoping to meet newcomers to Helovia. Things around him had changed greatly since his arrival to this land but he was beginning to develop his sense of direction with each passing day. If you asked him the directions out loud he would likely send you in the wrong direction as he knew the routes from memory not by words or names. The darkness that once shrouded this forest was in the past and the remnants still lingered in the form of the odd lamp trees and various other plants that had grown during the blackout. Many strange creatures had shown their faces for the first time making the whole thing seem like some sort of planned earthly episode, tho strange and confusing there were just some things that could not be fully explained.

Voices touched his auds causing the ever growing curiosity that seemed to go along with new discoveries to peak his interest. He was a creature that thrived on knowledge and understanding making it difficult for him to not investigate something once it came to his attention. It was those things such as the blackout that frustrated him when no matter how hard you looked there was still some anomaly that remained unanswered. Spotting two mares and a stallion up ahead he approached carefully not wanting to be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. The stallion was the one who had been speaking last and from what he had heard their names were Vladic, Lena and Cypress. Dipping his crown respectively as he stopped nearby he took this close vantage point to study the other equine in some detail. Vladic who was the stallion was a large boned draft mix with a curled horn protruding from his forehead and scars over his dark toned pelt. He seemed to carry with him much strength and power yet so far his temperament seemed to be pretty kind and gentle, at least towards the two lovely fae that accompanied him. Hopefully he would not take badly to his own approach into their presence. "Hello and Welcome! I am Ciceron of the Windtossed Foothills, it is nice to meet you all." He commented brightly his gaze passing over each of them as he spoke. "Is there anything I could do to assist anyone? If it is a home you seek may I recommend the sanctuary of the Foothills. I would be more than happy to show you around should you wish."

Things had been going well since he had made his decision to reside within the hills, everyone seemed very kind and welcoming which was always a positive when meeting them for the first time. They were lacking in numbers but that did not matter to him, that could easily be rectified by a little hard work and persistence it was the personalities that made the most of the herd. These you could not change very easily so it was important to get off on the right hoof with everyone. Glancing up with his silver orbs he offered a kind smile when he had finished speaking. All three of the equine standing before him were unicorns with their own unique coats and markings yet they were not as detailed to his own silvery markings that extended over his legs, withers and haunches. Despite having unicorn blood flowing in his veins he lacked the usual feature of the horn upon his brow that was most distinguishing of their species. His eyes caught sight of the fox like creature that seemed to have also caught Vladic's attention. It was an exquisite creature he had not heard the name of before, hoping the fae would answer the elder stallion's question as to its name he listened politely hoping to hear their stories.

TAGS: @[Vladic], @[Cypress], @[Lena]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: Hopefully you don't mind me dropping in. :)

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Hidden Account
Cy
Cypress took a deep breath as a mare in the shadows had identified herself."I'm Lena of the Aurora Basin. Welcome to Helovia."The words came tumbling out of the mares mouth softly. The soft and relaxed words of the stallion came rumbling out, a few moments later."Lena. Cypress. My name is Vladic".The companion of this unicorn, Lena, It looked unpredictable and scary to the young filly, who didn't know anything about it or what it was. Swallowing her fear Cypress forced a smile at the thing, then turned away quickly. For she was too scared it would look into her light green eyes, and rip her soul."Who are you? Is there something you seek here?"Lena's voice broke into her scared and wretched thoughts of the companion.

"I seek an end to my wandering, if such a thing exists" The stallion, Vladic said. To Cypress he looked strikingly familiar. His curled horn and scars..."Miss Lena, if I may, I have never seen such a creature like your companion. Enlighten me to what it is?” Vladic's lyrics cut her thoughts short, as they had changed them as well. What would the companion be? Was it a bear? Cypress had heard stories about bears, but had never seen one. They were big and furry, their eyes glowing with hate. Her mother had mostly told the stories of scary things, as well as some of her favorite stories. Sighing Cypress noticed something moving in the shadows, but didn't mention it. She didn't want it to be just a squirrel and look like a fool, because she was scared of it. But she was. But she was scared of the shadows, afraid of what would jump out. But all that appeared first was a grey dappled nose and head of a stallion. His muscles rippled under his fine smooth coat. His mane was wavy as was his tail, look and a dark, and light shade of grey. Even though he looked nothing like the others, he was unique. That what her mother had always told her. She was unique in her very own way.

Hello and Welcome! I am Ciceron of the Windtossed Foothills, it is nice to meet you all." The grey stallion, now Cypres knew him of the name Ciceron, was introducing himself with a quick gaze over all of them."Is there anything I could do to assist anyone? If it is a home you seek may I recommend the sanctuary of the Foothills. I would be more than happy to show you around should you wish." His voice stopped and Cypress took what he had said in. "The Foothills?" Cypress asked her voice questioning and a puzzled look on her face, her head tilting slightly so when Ciceron looked at her he would know she was confused.

Since Cypress had found this new land she had thought of it as scary and different, very different from the other lands she had crossed and sought. It was wonderful here, there were other horses, clearly friendly and nice. But Cypress knew that there had to be a bad guy, her father had taught her that when she was a month old. There was always a villain, a bad guy out there who wanted to kill you. So Cypress still was sure to look out for that.

wordcount:557
ooc: Longest post yet! :D I hope you like it!
tags:@[Vladic] @[Lena] @[Ciceron]

Image Credits

The essence of wanderers, strangers and newcomers harked to others as one more slipped from the wayfaring walls and the wavering pathways, and the stalwart, valorous nymph extended another bob of greeting. She wondered if more would come from the woodwork, perhaps as desperate and desiring as she, to revitalize and restore the prestige of their homelands; the great, duned Throat, with its sandy knolls and wide canyons, or the misty, labyrinth contortions of the Edge, following in the footsteps of this Ciceron, as he strolled into the gateway for his empire and crown. Her attention was quickly fixated back upon the burly, brawny figure, one of fortresses, domineering stanchions and barriers, as he spoke his name, Vladic, and that he wished to end his endless traversing. Her curiosity brimmed and brewed, slender and bright, luminescent and radiant, existing solely to tangle her mind into the nuances and explorations of her fellow creatures – where he’d arrived from, the wars he’d faced, the reasons for the upheavals, the scars mottling and marring his pelt. Was he proud of them, content with their memories, or did he slide away from their lines, their images, their scales and pictures? What had his experiences taught him? And would he, once she offered, find her home to his liking, a world of grandeur, a sovereignty of strength, might, danger, treachery and beauty?

His query over the ivory vixen at her feet pulled her momentarily from the eternal musing of an inquisitive nature and mind, and her eyes ghosted, fell, upon the beautiful fox she’d come to cherish, revere and adore. Never absent of company, of a kindred spirit, of a prevailing, honorable patriot – so even in her darkest days, even in the midst of collapsing, crumbling corridors and seething, smoldering maelstroms, nomadic, Gypsy harkenings or bellicose, rancorous listless, she was never alone. Her voice crooned over the gathered, extending towards the cherubic, lithe fox, over the throngs of darkness and light, shuffling and sliding into the copse and glade with elegant, woven finery and grace, mustering faith and credence in the calling of a name. “This is Imogen, a kitsune.” In response, the pale kit danced amongst the crowd, rolling along hooves, cloven or solid, whirling along the intertwining breeze as her tails drifted in accordance with Lena’s melodic tunes. Forever bold and intrepid, she even ceased her gliding to sniff at Vladic’s feet, chirping once, vigilant, ethereal air, and pausing to glance at Cypress, who seemed altogether too wary to even yearn for a closer presence. The sylph’s smile broadened at her antics, then extended towards the flock, bells, carols and trills filling the atmosphere once more. “A pleasure, Vladic, Cypress and Ciceron. I’m fortunate to meet so many new faces.” An absence of sound for a few hushed moments of clarity, before she pressed on, noble, eloquent, woven into the fabric of nature and elements. “If you seek to end your wandering, perhaps you would consider my home. The Basin offers plentiful shelter, lakes, and a beautiful mountain region.”

LENA
Credit URL

Unregistered

While most of Vladic’s attention was turned to the strange, elegant creature that accompanied Lena, he kept the filly in the corner of his one good eye. She concerned him slightly as simply being alone at such a young made her a target – and also because there was definite fearful vibes coming from her. His ragged, tip-less ear focused on her at the sound of her sigh but his attention was pulled by yet more muffled footsteps. The newcomer grabbed his attention and he regarded the stallion with the same passive, if curious, air that he had the two women. This one, Vladic noticed, lacked a horn – though this fact mattered little to the old stallion, he considered it an interesting footnote that this place was not exclusively unicorn. “Well met, Ciceron,” he replied simply, a nod of his head set to mirror the ones he had given previous. The two adults had mentioned what he presumed to be herds, but the filly had yet to speak up about where she was from. Perhaps she was a mere wanderer like himself, a concept he was less than comfortable with but figured that it was merely tradition that caused such thoughts.

Even so, he returned his attention back to the spotted youngster. Blinking slowly, ‘brows furrowed in thought, a rumble of thought rattled through his expansive chest. “Young Cypress, sate an old man’s curiosity. Where are you from, and why is a youngblood like yourself alone? Are you born of this land, or elsewhere?” He wanted to reassure her that right at that very moment there was nothing to be fearful about, considering that moments ago she seemed to be concealing a very real fear of what might leap from the shadows. But somehow it didn’t seem appropriate, and so he bit his tongue and merely made an effort to keep an eye on her for the time being.

It was the voice of Lena and the joyful movement of her companion caught his attention and he watched as the delicate fox danced in and out of his limited field of vision. Back in his homeland, companions were reserved for the most high-bearing of society. The sovereign family all had birds, constant eyes in the sky – there to look where their owners could not. While their regency counterparts had small mammals, similar to the kitsune but also very different. And far more feral.

He considered the offer put forward by the mare for a moment, running his tongue around the inside of his front teeth in thought before licking those dry, ragged lips to reply. “Your home does sound desirable , Lena – as does the notion of your Foothills, Ciceron,” he said, looking from unicorn to horse. “However, I come from a land where war was it’s lifeblood and I seek a life away from that. If you know them, I would wish to know of your lands views of such.” His voice rumbled, head shaking vaguely in thought. “Do your leaders seek out conflict? Am I likely to walk into a warzone? Understand that I am willing to fight, but I am tired of it.”

[ooc: sorry for the wait, i've been stupidly busy :/]

Meeting each gaze in return for their names he nodded politely pleased that they were a pleasant bunch of equine that he had came upon. Both Vladic and Lena were respectable and polite and he found himself wondering of their pasts, what stories they must be able to tell of their lives, the things that they were able to see. This was one of his attributes that had not faded as he grew, he always loved to hear what others had to share if they were willing. As a colt he could remember wandering around the herd begging to talk to anyone just to hear what stories they could share, as he matured he knew better than to probe certain aspects as not all stories had a happy ending. Watching Cypress respond to the others as they talked he found himself rather drawn to her sweet nature, yes she was nervous but who in the right mind wouldn't be surrounded by a bunch of strangers.

Confusion lit up the fae's face at the mention of his home and he couldn't help the soft smile that came as a response. There was something about her that was different compared to the others and he felt the need to reach out to her and show her that things were not as bad as she feared. Lena's offer was similar to that of his own, it would be interesting to see which way they would turn after all was said and done. However, I come from a land where war was it’s lifeblood and I seek a life away from that. If you know them, I would wish to know of your lands views of such

The stallion's words echoed his war stricken past explaining the many battle scars that stood out along his pelt. He could understand the need to want something other than that of war and destruction, despite in his advanced age he would easily be able to take out many top warriors today. " I cannot speak for the other herds of Helovia but I can vouch for the Foothills. I have not been with the herd for many months as some have but I can assure you that our leader is not out for blood. Apollo seems to have the welfare of our family close to his heart making sure that everyone is taken care of." He commented thinking back to the few times he had been able to meet with Apollo since his arrival. Nothing about the herd seemed to indicate that war was a constant threat, this is what he liked about the Foothills.

"Everyone in the Foothills are very welcoming and the lands offer much to us all. I believe that you would enjoy it there Cypress but that is your choice to make, I do not want you to feel forced one way or another. Just know that you are more then welcome to accompany me should either of you wish." He finished meeting Vladic's eyes calmly for a brief second before reaching out to gently nudge Cypress's shoulder hoping to reassure her. Silently he hoped that she would choose to accompany him so he might take the chance to get to know her better, but knew better than to try and push her to make the choice. Lowering his cranium he watched with fascination as Lena's kitsune, Imogen danced around showing off for her audience. She was a cute little creature this much he had to admit, maybe one day he would be fortunate enough to find a companion. Until that happened he would still remain searching for his greater purpose.

tags: @[Lena], @[Cypress], @[Vladic]
muse: good
notes: none

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Hidden Account
Cy
A small amused smile crossed the young foal's face as she saw the scarred stallion blink slowly before he spoke in a ground rumbling voice.“Young Cypress, sate an old man’s curiosity. Where are you from, and why is a youngblood like yourself alone? Are you born of this land, or elsewhere?” the smile lifted itself from her face, and her thoughts until Cypress thought she could not think of something happy anymore. Lifting her soft and thankfully unscared chin she responded. Deciding to use nicknames for the equines around her. "Alone. Well, that is a good question Sir Booming voice, everyone is here for a reason and I think you deserve to know mine. I am here because I simply just wandered here. I lost my family when we were running away from a pack of vicious dogs. I lost them, taking a different rout and ever since I have been just wandering these unknown lands."

Taking a breath Cypress let more thoughts flow, about this land... Helovia. It sounded magical and different from the other lands that she had seen in her travels which she had started not too long ago. Eyes drifting to the old and scarred stallion, just noticing one of his eyes were white and one brown. Beautiful in Cypress's mind.

The eyes of all the equine around Cypress were the same as all. They could show fear, love, kindness, honesty and secrets. Cypress knew this well as one of the unicorns she had met on her travels had told her what the eye could hold. The power it could hold. The secrets!

Letting the older equines of the small group start to chat Cypress didn't join in, for she was not that interested in joining a herd, but the thought crossed her mind ever so often that she just wanted to think of something else. The thought sometimes scared her, to have a job in the herd when she grew older and maybe a foal. For a moment Cypress just let her senses drown the voices of the older and give her surroundings more attention. The dry leaves of trees were rolling across the ground were the hot sun beat down. Twitching her ears she heard the rustle of a small mouse scurrying through undergrowth, not too far away. She could smell a sweet scent of nutmeg and rose on the soft breeze. It being the first one Cypress had felt since she had started talking to Vladic and the others, she enjoyed it. Letting her eyelids close over her emerald green eyes.

The mention of her name pulled her back to the others, "Everyone in the Foothills are very welcoming and the lands offer much to us all. I believe that you would enjoy it there Cypress but that is your choice to make, I do not want you to feel forced one way or another. Just know that you are more then welcome to accompany me should either of you wish." The thought of taking a herd struggled against Cypress again. It felt like pain though it wasn't. It was annoyance. The thought would come up so much, Cypress hated it. She didn't like thinking about it. Quickly she wiped her face of expression, the annoyance hopefully didn't show on her face, as she didn't want to hurt the Dappled Grey stallion's feelings. Clearing her throat Cypress answered her gaze meeting his. "I don't know Ciceron... This is a new land and... I would like to explore it. But a herd... I just don't know. I honestly think I would be better outside a herd." He nudged her shoulder in reassurance. "Sorry" she muttered her voice inaudible.

wordcount:614
ooc: Sorry I took so long!
tags:@[Lena] @[Ciceron] @[Vladic]

Image Credits

For a few moments, Lena felt her efforts would be in vain. The war-torn, hardy, stalwart Vladic, a creature who’d seen many a hardship, no longer wished to be warranted amongst the affairs of soldiers, insurrections and seditions. The fairy was never truly inclined to be a part of them either, but always shackled and shelled, shielded and armed herself for a battle, for a war, for an array of chaos if her empire asked for it. It seemed he’d seen enough for a lifetime, waged enough assaults and sieges for other kingdoms and countries, and longed for a more peaceful age to his newfound home. The mare could wax poetical on her terrain, on the christened and anointed hot springs, of the glorious, intertwining caverns, of the mountainous regions lined with auroras and dreams, but she refused to ghost over the layers of upheaval lined into the core, into the foundation of each and every glacier. She rejected the presumption of lies, of duplicities, of specious warbles or fabricated trills, and she had no wish to unravel the length of her moralities now, to deceive a creature that had only shown her kindness. Her honeyed eyes, open and wide with candor, with sincerity, with a tenderness brimming and brewing beneath the awakening plumes of ambrosia and song, stared upon the burly beast and offered him the candid truth. “I cannot promise peace. We are a nation strung by tension.” Against conspiring herds snagging and stealing their children, against open, relentless wounds marked by eternal grudge and tribulations, and as the Foothills stag spoke, she didn’t bother to mention their involvement in the recent invasion either. Perhaps the silvern masculine was unaware of how they’d bore arms together, contracted and obligated to turn and shift upon those the Basin longed to annihilate. Or had their affairs changed, altered, since the brutal culmination of their loss? Instead, she turned towards the flicka, the little fey who seemed to want no part in a herd life, and the nymph understood, deep in her nomadic, Romani heart, the desire to roam, to wander, to be free, and then, the surge, want, yearn and hope to belong. Perhaps Cypress would one day find her calling amongst Helovia, united into the stars and heavens to her rightful place. She extended a warm, polite nod to the flicka, a wondrous rhapsody. “I wish you well on your journey.”

LENA
Credit URL

Unregistered
The young filly’s response – and her impromptu nickname for him – pulled a low rumbling chuckle from his lips. It was not the first time he had been given such titles, though for once it was refreshing to not be looked upon by youngsters with a reverence born from fear. Most took one look at the scars, the blind eye, and shied. But not her. And that silently buoyed him – perhaps she was not as nervous and scared as he initially thought. He hummed in thought at the mention of dogs, thinking it strange that they would target the adults rather than the youngster but dismissing it. He wouldn’t be the one to guess circumstance, that was just rude. His curiosity sated, he let his attention drift back to the conversation at hand. That of homelands and herds and this strange land in which he had decided to stop in – at least for a while. While two representatives had appeared to greet him, something made him doubt there was only those two herds. There was more than just the smells of the Basin and the Foothills on the wind and if he had to guess it was just as large as his homeland – though he doubted that a good chunk of it was a literal no-mans-land where folk feared to tred.

He listened thoughtfully as Ciceron spoke, vouching for his homeland and what sounded like their leader’s peace faring ways. It was an interesting prospect, and a tempting one. Oh to get away from fighting and conflict, was such a thing fanciful? Could a creature born for war ever truly escape that fate, or would he eventually be pulled back into the ring. Skill had kept him alive in the past, but age was against him now and he wouldn’t blame anyone who betted against him. To fight now would probably mean his death – either on the field of battle or of his injuries. Idly, he leaned from one side to the other, shifting his weight to distribute it more evenly over creaking joints and tired muscles while moving his attention to the mare. Indeed, he was struck by her honesty. She freely admitted the fact that the Basin held, at it’s core, the threads of tension wound tight when he was expecting an avoidance – after all, honesty was not always the best policy. But such machinations was for diplomats and leaders, his own persuasion was always at the blunt end of a hammer and so he found a deep respect for her truth. He nodded once and said, “I thank you, few would be so willing to admit such.”

But it did colour his views on her homeland and he had to weigh his wants and needs over preference. The Basin sounded glorious, but the sword of Damocles hanging by a thread was enough to cause him to step back and take a moment while the filly spoke. Once all had fallen silent, he cleared his throat and nodded, mostly to himself. “My apologies Lena, but I fear the undercurrent of instability within your Basin leans against it’s appeal. Ciceron,” he tilted his head so that his single working eye fell completely on the stallion, “I will follow you.” Finally, he turned to the filly who had so confidently proclaimed she wished no part of herd life. “Young Cypress, I hope you find your way. Stay safe, and should you need it, you may call upon whatever aid I may be able to give.”

[ooc: i suck, sorry for the wait]

Listening intently to each party before him it soon became clear which way everyone was tending to lean. His disappointment that young Cypress would not be accompanying them back home was there but skillfully concealed behind a mask of utmost patience and understanding. He had hoped that the filly might join them but alas not all things could work out to ones favor over another. He did respect her decision to not want to settle down for a herd while there was much to be discovered within the rest of the realm. He too had been hesitant to settle within a new herd when he had first arrived due to the impending feeling of needing something more, but in the end he was able to live within the safety of a new herd while still being able to explore the rest of the expanse of Helovia until his heart was content.

"No need to apologize dear Cypress you must do what your heart desires to find your place. Should you ever change your mind the offer will always be open. I wish you well on your journey, hopefully we run into each other again someday. If you should ever need anything please feel free to ask me anytime." He said kindly turning his head towards the young fae. Hopefully someday he might get to meet her again to see how her quest for happiness turns out, he was hopeful that she would find what she was searching for. He was rather curious as to where it was that she would go for he knew of the dangers traveling alone could possess for such a kind soul.

His gaze fell to Lena once again as he absorbed the information that she had volunteered about her land within the Basin. He would be sure to make note of it for future reference, eventually he might think about seeing what it was like up there but for now he was content to explore deeper into the many other lands here. The threat of war consistently was not really something that he wished to be involved in could he help it, he would fight should the need arise but it never meant he liked it. "I wish you well Lena, I do hope we may speak again." He offered with a kind smile.

Vladic's decision to see what the Foothills was all about gave him a good feeling of satisfaction. He hoped that he would enjoy it and be content, he knew that behind the battered exterior there was much wisdom and vast amounts of knowledge. The more well rounded individuals that came into the herd, the better off their herd would be. If they all strived to the same peaceful outcome it was all the more likely that it would happen and benefit their entire family. "I will gladly show you the way." He commented bowing his head slightly in acknowledgement to his answer. "Whenever you are ready we can set out, the Foothills are not too far from here."

TAGS: @[Vladic], @[Lena], @[Cypress]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: None

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Hidden Account
Cy
Cypress had a feeling of warmness sweep over her. Her eyelashes fluttered in the slight breeze that passed after. Ciceron. After he spoke of his homeland Vladic answered, his velvet muzzle moved as the words formed in his mouth and spilled out into the atmosphere. His eyes glittered. "Thank you, few would be so willing to admit such".

The brown stallion chose to go with Ciceron. Cypress didn't know how he could choose! All of the herds sound like the best! Cypress just didn't know the right one to pick! She was still a filly, and she still had her whole life ahead of her to choose. But without a mother to sooth her, or a father to bathe in the soft sound of his voice, or a sister... to play with and laugh with. She was nothing. But suddenly she realised that she was more than that. She was unique. And she had new friends in this new land. Helovia. She could be the ruler right now. A god! And still have these friends. Smiling at herself and the others she now listened to Ciceron talk to her. He spoke of her not needing to apologize, and how he wished me luck on my journey. The best part was, if you feel that you need anything, you can ask me. Anytime. That made her heart leap. No one had ever said that to her before. She loved the way his eyes twinkled and a warm smile was on his dappled face.

Ciceron spoke to Lena just as Cypress's gaze was drifting off to the vast sky, and wondering how much land it could hold. How was it that big? Cypress didn't know. All she knew was that there was a blue sky, that at night turn pitch black. Only a few lights shined. Sometimes they glowed with an impeccable light. Brighter than anything. But the sun was brighter of course. And how could she forget the moon? It was pale sometimes with a grey tint to it. And it looked so graceful and elegant in the pich sky. Cypress loved it. She loved letting her dreams run wild among the lights of the sky. She just loved it.

Then, out of nowhere Vladic's voice cut through her thoughts. Speaking to her in that handsome booming voice. "Young Cypress, I hope you find your way. Stay safe, and should you need it, you may call upon whatever aid I may be able to give.” Cypress loved how all of them felt as they should help her whenever she needed it. Should she. And she loved how much they looked after her, even though she was just this little foolish filly wandering unknown land. Alone. They had both said they would help her should she need it. Responding to both she took a small nod to Ciceron first and spoke of his kindness. "Ciceron, the dappled shadows of the trees, thank you for your kindness." She then nodded to Vladic smiling warmly at him. Praising him with luck and beat. "Vladic, the scarred. You look brave and mighty. And in this land... you seem to match just right. The beat of your heart is going in the right direction. I wouldn't want war if I were joining a new herd." Glancing at Lena in a 'I am sorry' she decided to get on her way.

wordcount: 564
ooc: none
tags: @[Ciceron] @[Lena] @[Vladic]

Image Credits
[Image: 15d7tjd.jpg]
Permission for magic or cruelty directed to Cypress at all times. But not death.
Pixel-Tamme