the Rift

[OPEN] we have come to a stop

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark

L E Y R A
Her life was ruined. She was thin, her leg broken from a battle she fought during her journey. She had gone to her homeland to see what had come of it, disappointed to find it was in ruins. Her homeland had remained untouched for so long, the bones of her herdmates lay in piles of dirt and debris. They had gone extinct, she being the last of them. But in her state, she would not last long. She washed up at the base of the volcano that seeped blue magma. The Veins of the Gods was here, before her. The pools of magma leaked from the ridges, rolling down the side of the volcano, slowly enlarging the island. Raising her head, her broken crown, she squints. Her vision is blurry, obscuring the landscape in front of her. She groans, raising her thin frame. Her legs shake, her broken leg dragging along the ground, dead yet still alive. She felt the rocks hitting her dead leg, causing scratches and bruises, the hoof chipping from all the damage.

She slumps against an abandoned shrine, the tears running down her cheeks. The route she took to get to the shrines led her around the volcano, climbing up and over the bridge of rock to reach the stone shrines. She is there, slumped against a broken shrine, one she hadn't noticed the last time she was in the Veins. The other piece of it must have fallen into the water far below. She breathes deeply, her lungs feel as though they have been slashed to bits. Her breathing was forced into the shallows, her heart straining. She barely had any strength to move, and her lids felt heavy, pulling down over her pale blue eyes. She inhales, a painful breath.

She feels the tears as they flow down her bruised and battered cheeks, falling to the ground. Pools of salty liquid were forming below her, her clear tears pooling up on the rock. Her tail twitches, hanging from a thread. The hair tuft at the end of her tail has been torn, replaced by bloody, shredded tissue. She can no longer hold herself up, no longer keep herself against the shrine. She falls over, body causing a loud thump as she hits the rock. Her broken horn hits the shrine as she collapses, her breathing further into the shallows. She cries, suddenly realizing she will be leaving this world without saying good bye to her daughter, without saying good bye to Mauja, her King. She felt her heart ache, her brain screaming as she inches closer to the edge. She fixes her gaze on the bubbling magma below her, a knot forming in her throat. It was to be done, she was going to end this all here and now. But she is hesitant, afraid.

"Blah blah blah"
image credits
table by whit
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

She, the Maiden, stumbles forward, called by something. Something tugged at her heart, her gut, drawing her to the Veins. She walks casually, calmly. Her soft features are expressionless as she walks forward, her cloven hooves clacking against the hard rock bridge. She moves with fluent grace, her nostrils flaring as she moves. Her long, graceful pillars carry her sleek frame over the bridge where it lays. She gasps, a fault in her step causes her to fall forward. Her knees collide with the ground, scraping against the rough rock. She sees the mare she knows so well, the scent of her enough to tell her who it is. Mother... Her mind mumbles, her emerald eyes brushing over the battered body. The left hind leg of her mother is sprawled awkwardly behind her, twisted an odd way. She feels her stomach quiver as she catches the gashes along her side, one of them deep enough to see the bone. Her breathing is ever so shallow, the roan fears for her dam.

Standing, knees rattling, she walks wearily over to her dying mother. She falls beside her, sobbing. Her dam's pale blue eyes are glazed over, her sides barely moving, her dam barely breathing at all. The fae drops her defenses, letting the tears fall down her cheeks. She felt her heart dropping as she stares at her mother, who was teetering on the edge of life and death. She did not take notice of her daughter until the roan maiden opened her dark lips. "Mother... don't... don't go, please don't." She whimpers, burying her face in her mother's snarled black locks. She weeps, her tears running down her mother's neck.

Leyra slowly wraps her neck around her daughters, holding her close to her. It pained her to do this to her, but it was required. Her soul was no longer required in this realm, so she thought. Taking the amulet hung on her neck, she slides it off with slow, painful movements. She swings it over her daughters head, letting it fall down her neck. The blue gem sparkles in the glowing magma, and she pulls her strength into a smile on her wrinkled lips. She whispers in her hoarse voice, "good bye my child..." The blue woman tips back, her weight shifting. She rolls over, the ground below her fading as she moves. Her body drops into the pools of magma below, rolling down the volcano's side and hitting the water with a sizzling splash. All the while, her daughter lays atop the cliff, screaming in agony. She weeps, her tears racing after her mother. She sinks back, leaving herself to cry at the edge.
"Speech."
[ ; n ; ]

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes