the Rift

[PRIVATE] the sweetest love song [Destry, Azarel]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
it takes courage to grow up and
become who you really are

My sweetest darlings, owners of my heart and soul. I had one of them next to me, my colt trotting proudly next to me as we headed towards the meadow. Sure, I scolded him sometimes, but he was young. He needed to learn. But I still loved him.
Azarel was going to be a handsome stallion one day, but not yet. For now, he was my baby. My son. My beautiful son. And my bonded jaguar sat on my back as usual, she was growing bigger and stronger for each day. Her body was almost twice as big than it had been when I first had found her. Her teeth were growing long and sharp as well as her claws, and the scars on her face were healing nicely, free of infections.
My desired, my darling. All I was missing now was my treasure and my golden. A sigh left my kissers and I lowered my head, slowing down as the Meadow widened in front of us. We were here, again.
How did I end up here? Why did it feel like I was dragged to this place over and over again? This meadow was so full of memories, both horrible and lovable, but I couldn't understand why. Why this place? Why not Helovia's Heart, or the Deep Forest, or the Secret Grove, or... Anything. Anything but this damned meadow.
I was sick of this place. So why was it that I couldn't keep myself from going here over and over and over again?

My legs stopped and so did my son, and he looked up at me. Oh, my beautiful son. I lowered my head and nuzzled him carefully on his nose bridge, careful not to touch his tender skin with the tip of my horn. Dezba roared for attention and I rose my head again, looking at her with a smile. My love for my family was indescribable, no words were powerful enough to describe the feeling I felt whenever I looked into their eyes.
How had I ended up here? From being a scared and terrified 5-year-old to... This. I had a golden pegasus mate who loved me more than his own life, I had two foals that I cherished more than everything and who holds a great part of my beating, red heart. I had a companion who understood me and really felt what I had been through.

If I had never met Azzaron... If I had never met Mauja... How would my life be like now?
What would it look like if I had never joined the World's Edge under Mauja's reign?
Would I have stayed here, or would I have moved on to another land?
Would I even be alive?

My black legs moved me slowly towards the blue river that glowed orange and pink in the setting sunlight. I lowered my dark head to the water and sighed before I started to drink. Azarel looked at me with a tilted head and did the same. He walked up to my side and while looking at me, he started to drink the water. Dezba just yawned and went back to sleeping on my back. 'Sleep tight, my desired,' I sent a calm thought to her and felt her falling asleep.
But I didn't drink for long, since I was too restless. Raising my head with closed eyes, I sighed again. Why did I feel so nervous? I had nothing to be nervous about, right? "Azarel..."
The colt looked up and stopped drinking, raising his head quickly and quirked his ears toward me. I smiled and nudged my son's small muzzle.
"Just so you know, my son... I'm so happy to have you. I'm happy to be your mother." My son gave me the widest smile anyone had ever given me and I felt the tears dwell within me. I turned to my beautiful colt and embraced him in an equine hug as good as I could.

"May the Gods watch over you, my son. I love you, so much." I whispered, letting the words flow softly next to the golden colt's ears. I took a step back to look at him. He was bigger, stronger, and his muscled body was steady and bold. He would be strong once he was an adult. My sweet baby. My baby...
"My Aza, my love song... These stars are shining for you alone, and you will grow strong and brave one day... My Azarel..." I sang the words quietly to my son as I caressed his nose bridge and muzzle.
I sighed and turned, to walk away from the river. I stopped just a few meters away and laid down. My colt followed me, like always, and stumbled down next to me, looking at me with his strange eyes filled with excitement.
If only my daughter was with us, then I would be forever happy. If the third part of my heart could show up, then I would not have to be sad every single day. I wouldn't have to worry. Tears filled my eyes and I looked down at the ground, but it only took seconds for my son to nudge my shoulder carefully. He was laying close to me, his golden bodice tightly pressed to my own.
My Aza...

"Talking."

ooc: Reunion <3
word count: 884
tags: @[Destry]
song: My Cadence - Aviators (feat. Emily Matthews) (Matthew Mosier Cover)
image credits || made by Sei
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

To celebrate my turning of age, I fly to the place where I was born. The Meadow, the place that haunted me so, I was back. I stand tall as I look down over the field of flowers, dancing in the Tallsun breeze. My wings were stretched out, larger now. In my head, I remember Father, showing me how to prepare my wings for flight. His face was a blur of bleached gold, the only feature that was distinct was his burning eyes, holding all the fires to exist. Those eyes were haunting me now as I stood and looked down, my heart throbbing. My birth was a blur, the only thing I really remember was a speckled stallion and black mare, talking. I left with them and Mother, leaving father to scream and weep. I hadn't looked back as we strolled away from him, leaving him to weep alone.

That had been four seasons ago, and I had grown since then. Now, I was bigger, built with more muscle, and I was more mature. I raised my muzzle to the dancing sky. The colors of sunset make a beautiful painting, using blues, purples, pinks, reds, oranges and yellows. The colors danced on my dark coat, and in my ruby eyes. They did their daily ritual, dancing in their colorful gowns to celebrate the coming of the moon. I released my breath, letting it roll in the gentle wind. My ivory locks flow over my neck, trying to run free with the wind. My open wings catch the breeze, changing its pattern, altering its flow. I sigh, closing my eyes for a moment. The scent of a thousand flowers waltzes over my nostrils, but there is one scent that is off. One scent that is so distant, yet so familiar. My mind whirls as the wind gently whispers a word into my ear.

"Mother."

Spinning my head around, I catch sight of the familiar body, white patterns dancing over the blackened body. There was a pink scar running across the side... another sign. The eyes the figure held gave it all away, sweet, loving and gentle blue sapphires. There was a small creature dancing around Mother's legs, its eyes as blue as hers. It was a young cat, Mother's companion no doubt. A smile is brought to my dark lips before I realize what she has done to me. The smile is flipped, turning into a simple, delicate frown. The tears are already pushing past, reaching down my cheeks.

Opening my quivering lips, I call out. My call is splattered with all my emotions, a mess of anger and rage, joy and relief, and a sudden sadness. "Mother!" I sprint down the little hill I stood upon, my long legs carrying me swiftly over the ground. I halt before her, the tears now running at a steady rate. "You... you left me." I whimper, my lips too shaky to make anymore words. I feel my breast ache, the heart beneath slowly cracking. "How could you leave me like that? You... you never came to get me." My lyrics are unstable, barely sliding off my tongue as my lungs grasp for air. "How could... how could you abandon me like that? Just leaving me to-" My words are cut short as I lay my ruby gaze on the little gold colt besides Mother, his dual tone eyes looking straight at me. He has a small little lump on his forehead. His shoulder was doused in a white flame marking which was illuminated by the falling colors in the sky. "Who's this?" My words are odd against my lips, my breathing still off. My brows narrowed, my audits flickering back. Was it...?

No.

No.

It couldn't be.

A... another? I draw my eyes to Mother, my rubies showing shock and a hint of anger. They replaced me, hadn't they? They figured they would never see me again... so why not make another one? I let a blanket of fury graze over my eyes, my brows remaining narrowed. In the silence, I swore I heard my own heart cracking as I gazed at Mother. "You... you replaced me?" I felt the tears return to their regular pace, falling down my dark cheeks. How could they do this? Did they even think about me? I didn't drop off Loorien, no, I was still here. But they apparently thought I wasn't going to come back, because they made another one. Weren't they happy enough with just me?

Weren't they happy with me?

"blah blah blah."

ooc: < 3
word count: 775

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

My Aza... My son was falling asleep by my side as the sun was setting lower and lower, coloring the sky with the colors I've seen so many times before and was still so happy to see after the eternal night. Just as I was about to close my own eyes, just before Dezba curled up between my front legs, a voice. A voice that broke my heart and healed it again.
"Mother!" I widened my eyes and looked around. It couldn't be. No. It was... How?
"Destry!!" I called out, but I did not have to wait long. She came galloping towards me down the old hill, and all my words that I wanted to say was taken away from me. Destry... Was beautiful. She had turned one year old now and was more muscular than before. I stared at her as if she was a ghost before I came to my senses. My eyes filled with tears again and they started to run down my cheeks.
I... Just... Destry.
"You... you left me. How could you leave me like that? You... you never came to get me." No... I just lied there, Azarel close to my side and Dezba sitting in front of me, showing her teeth at Destry. I glanced quickly at my companion and sent an angry thought. 'No, it's my daughter. She's friendly,' Dezba stopped showing her teeth, but still swished her tail back and forth in annoyance.
"Destry..." I said, and I tried to make my voice calm and soft. But it was broken halfway through the word by the tears.

"How could... how could you abandon me like that? Just leaving me to- Who's this?" I saw her discovering Azarel and I sighed. Destry, no...
"You... you replaced me?" My daughter's eyes were shadowed with such anger and I sighed again before I nudged my son and then stood up. I gazed down on my daughter, observing her with calm eyes. It was really her. It was my own daughter, standing here, in front of me.
"Destry. May the Gods kill me if I lie when I say that I have missed you... My treasure, I would never, and do you hear me, NEVER replace you. I wanted to come back for you, so badly. Your father and I actually planned it... And I did NOT leave you, Destry. I... I wanted to take you with me. But he wouldn't let me. Mauja wouldn't let me take you with me and I still hate him to this day for that. It has felt like torture every second I've been away from you and I've been thinking of you every single day since I was banished."

I took a deep breath and felt my breath shaking from the lump in my throat. Aza stood up next to me, almost hiding behind me. My gaze settled on my daughter again and I sighed deeply.
"Destry, you should know better than to think that we've replaced you. You're not replaceable. You were my firstborn, for Gods' sake. I love you - more than my heart could ever manage to handle." Tears were running steadily down my cheeks and I took another shaky, deep breath. I looked away from my daughter and closed my eyes.
"You don't even know what kind of sorrow I've been going through since the day I had to leave you and your father in the Basin with... With... With those liars!!" I wanted to scream out loud, but I kept it muffled with closed teeth.
Dezba looked between Azarel and Destry, and she couldn't decide who to go to first. Finally she decided to say hello to the filly, and walked with careful, reserved steps over to the unipeg. She sniffed quickly and then ran over to Azarel to hush him and calm him.

I sobbed quietly and then looked at my filly again. Didn't she understand how much I loved her? Didn't she see that I had missed her, that my heart had been broken each and every day when I did not wake up to see her face? How couldn't she see that?
"Destry, your father and I gave you a brother. We thought that you didn't want to be alone once we had saved you and we were all together again..." My words were only a whisper, but she heard it. I was close enough for her to hear my pleading words.
"Azarel, say hello to your sister. This is Destry." I turned my head to Aza who peeked behind my tail, and shyly came up to my head. He observed his sister with his strange eyes and carefully took a few more steps forward.
"Hello... Sister." His voice was quiet and slow, and nervous. His whole body was shaking and Dezba immediately stroke herself against his leg to calm him. It worked within seconds.
"Daughter... I'm so happy to see you again, may you believe it or not." I looked at her with swollen eyes, smiling widely. I had my daughter again. She was with me, she was with me. And now, I would never let her go ever again.

"Talking."

ooc: ;__;
word count: 863
tags: @[Destry]
song: My Cadence - Aviators (feat. Emily Matthews) (Matthew Mosier Cover)
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

Mother calls my name, my rubies watching her lips. She was lain on the ground, her companion and my brother curled up beside her. My brother was already falling asleep, his youthful body showing great potential. One day he would fight with strong steps and would love with gentle eyes. But for now, he was still young. But inside, I felt a rage, an enormous fire burning inside me. I looks at Mother, listening to her words. She whimpers, telling me of how much she had missed me, and how much she loved me. She scolds me lightly before telling me I was her firstborn, her love forever. Her words were no aid to my river of tears, her words only making more tears flow down my cheeks.

Mother snorts in a furious rage when she mentions the Basin, the land of liars. I stand between the Basin and Mother, torn. The Basin wasn't filled with all liars and traitors, in fact some horses were very kind and caring. But Mother had apparently met the colder, cruel horses. I, being a younger one, got the nicer side of others. But adults understood more than eye, and a glare was something more to them than to me. They saw a thousand words in one expression, they found the deeper meanings, while I saw just an expression painted on their faces. So I wonder what story Mother saw on my face now? Did she see my story of what happened while I was in the Basin? Or did she see the sad story of her lost daughter whom she thought was tortured in the Basin? What was hidden behind my ruby eyes?

I look down as the black jaguar wanders towards me, straying from Mother's side. She looks at me, walking slowly, cautiously. She takes a quick whiff of my scent before fleeing to my brother's side. I smile a gentle, faded smile. She was cute... I looked back up to Mother, who wept to herself in silence while I looked at the cub and my brother. I suppose I would have to get used to this... our little family. But I halted at that thought. Our family wasn't complete. There was one piece that was missing, one important piece. "Where's father?" I ask, curiosity drowning out the tears for just a fragile second. I gaze at Mother, my eyes wandering to my golden brother as Mother speaks to him.

Azarel.

So that is his name... I smile at him as his little pink lips struggle, his squeaky voice sounding out the words hello. I smile gently, stopping when he says sister. Then I smile back, watching as he moves from behind Mother's tail, moving forward cautiously. I bend my neck, opening my lips. "Hello little brother." I smile at him a little more before raising my head, looking at Mother as she admits she had missed me so much. The tears break out of their prison and run free as I hear Mother's sweet words. "I... I've missed you too... Mother.." I walked forward, reaching to give Mother a warm, mother-daughter equine embrace. One that we all knew would happen at some point.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: eek
word count: 532

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

"Where's father?" I observed my daughter. She looked so sad, and I immediately regretted scolding her. I looked down and cleared my throat. "Your father is hopefully in the Dragon's Throat now and solving some problems with the Sultana. He'll come back... I promise." I watched my daughter as she said hi to my little colt, and a smile decorated my face. Destry accepted her new brother rather fast, but that was only positive.
She looked at me, and I almost bursted into tears when she said that she had missed me. Smiling, I embraced her in a hug that I had longed after for so long. I had longed to feel my daughter's warmth against my chest, longed to take in her scent in my nostrils and hear her voice.
I had longed so, and now she was here.
"Oh, Destry. I've missed you so. How... How has the Basin been treating you? You know that I would not back down on going there if they treated you badly in any way... And is the Frostheart and the DarkEmpress still there?" I did not dare to say the names of the leaders that I had grown to despise since I was banned and only spoke out their titles that I had learned in my time there.

Dezba roared and came forth again, looking up at Destry. Her aura was questioning, wondering. I tore my body from my daughter to look at her, smiling at her beauty. "Dezba wants to say hello to you." I smiled and felt a tear of happiness roll down my cheek. But Dezba's aura was not the only one I felt.
I felt an aura that I recognized and loved, that I had felt back in the Veins of the Gods a time before Azarel when I had been alone with Dezba. An aura that made more tears roll down my cheeks. Suddenly I wondered if my daughter felt it too, as it was her grandmother that had come to say hello. I turned my head, looking at the setting sun behind me. The shape of a small unicorn had appeared out of nowhere, a white glow that soon darkened to the black starry mare that was my mother.

"And someone else is appearently here as well to say hello." My voice was only a soft whisper broken by the beginning of a cry in my throat, and I stood still when my mother appeared for us. Her shape became more visible and soon she was - or looked - as real as any of us. She was smiling, a reflection of me. Dezba meowed loudly and stood between my foals and my mother. I sent her a calming thought that made her stop growling, but she waved her tail back and forth.
I swallowed hard and took a deep breath before I decided to speak.
"My foals... This is your grandmother, Greyskie. Mother, why are you here? I didn't call for you..." Or had I? Had I unconsciously called my mother here? And did my foals see her?
"Do you see her?" I turned my head to my foals and found to my surprise that Azarel had moved to stand next to his sister. The siblings were so different in height, Destry was tall on dangly yet steady legs while Azarel had still to grow bigger.

Dezba definitely saw her, because her tail was still swishing from side to side. She had seen her back in the Veins too. She was afraid, but mostly protective of my two offspring.
I smiled vaguely at my companion, but turned my head to my mother again. Though I jumped slightly as she had moved to my side, looking at my two foals.
"They're beautiful, Delinne. Your daughter wears your color, and your son has the same glow in his eyes as you had when you were a foal." I took a deep shaky breath and smiled a bit wider. She was right. At least about Destry. I thought Azarel was looking more like his father than me, but I didn't know about the curious glow in his eyes.
Had I been the same?
"Destry, Azarel, can you see your grandmother?" I asked, whispering as I couldn't speak too loud without starting to cry.

"Talking."

ooc: <3
word count: 716
Remember?