the Rift

[PRIVATE] A Letter for the Beloved

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

I traveled in what was called the World's Edge. From the naked eye, I was alone, but from my own, they stated otherwise. Antie(Antheia) was with me. I had learned that I was the only one who could actually see and hear my ghost friends. Well, except for my mum, but I don't know where she's at and so it's only me for a while. Antie knew where she was going, she had told me that she had onced lived in the Edge at one point in her life time and that it was a wonderful place. She had told me the legends of the four Gods that ruled Helovia and how they had been cloaked in an enternal darkness because the Gods had gone through a portal for a long period of time. The one I liked the most though was the Moon Goddess. She sounded so beautiful and kind-hearted but I also liked the Father Earth. The other two, the Time God and Sun God, both seemed very rude though. Well, the Time God sounded like he was the worst. Antie told me that they had also had kids and that they wandered here on Helovia somewhere. She said you didn't even have to look hard, that you would notice them when you first lay eyes on them. She told me their names and who was born from which God. Again, the Time and Sun Gods didn't have much of a spark on me but Mesec and Hototo did. I wish I could meet them, and maybe I will. One day.

"Abi dear, come please." Antie's voice broke into my thoughts and I shook my tiny head. I had fallen behind a few too many steps, so I must've stopped in mid-thoughts. I trotted up beside my Antie's ghostly figure and shivered at the warmth that it provided. It was weird having ghost friends, because everyone else thought you were stupid to think that ghost were actually real, but that was really my daily life. Speaking to the ghost that come to me. I think they come to me for help, knowing I can communicate to the ones they can't. Maybe that was what Antie was doing with me right now, taking me somewhere so I can help her. But where ever we were headed, she was in a big hurry. I could barely keep up with her pace, but she just sorta floated, when I did not. I sighed and broke into a jumpy little trot to catch up, gazing at the trees ahead of me, where a shelter lay. Near by, was a small garden, which Antie said someone named Resplendence cared for. I smiled and walked up to the tent, looking inside, but no one was. I shook my head to Antie and she nodded, "Then we will wait for her."

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

@[Kahlua]

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Kahlua trudged through the land, somehow making her hooves work she she did not want them to. She wanted to lay down and curl up and never think about anything ever again. Unfortunately, she also had duties. Having been promoted to Glazier, she was expected to perform them. Antheia's death was fresh in her mind and she was having trouble forgetting the terrible event. Try as she may, she could not stop the constant replay of the painted unicorn jumping from the cliff that was occurring in her head. Without fail, every few steps, Kahlua sent Antheia tumbling from the cliff side once again. And try as she would, no matter how many times she ran forward, she could not stop the fall. She could never reach Antheia on time.

With a sigh, because she could not stop the gruesome video, Kahlua carried. She didn't want to do any work, she just wanted to hide, so hide she tried to do. Back to her home she went, the little copse of trees that she called her own. The place was bland right now, just a little mossy patch nestled in a semicircular grove of trees, but some day she would be able to fancy it up. However, as she came nearer to her place, she stopped short. There was a child. With a snort, Kahlua eyed the child. On any given day, Kahlua could tolerate a lot of things- even the foals she was not especially fond of. Today, she had no patience for anything. She wanted to be by herself and wallow in her misery. She wanted to lay on the ground and never get up again. She wanted to do a lot of things, but entertain children was not one of them.

As she finally came up to her place her ears were drawn back. She did not remember ever seeing the child about- and Kahlua had at least seen most of the horses of the Edge. Social as she was, she spent far too much time talking. Besides, the young foal did not smell of the Edge. Even at her age, if she lived here, she should have the scent of the pines and the mists upon her. Kahlua could not understand how she had gotten this far into the Edge. Certainly one of the sentinels should have stopped her by now. Once again snorting her disapproval, Kahlua scowled and then chided the small thing. “You're trespassing. You could be killed.” She didn't mean that she would kill the child, even in her vicious misery she was not a killer.

“Now get out of my home before I call one of the warriors,” she demanded. She never wanted to be alone. Why, in this one moment when she was finally asking for a little peace, could she not have it? An impatient stomp of her hoof finalized her words and she stalked past the girl with a flick of her tail. Even now, with her mounting frustration, the image of Antheia still played, a never-ending loop that made Kahlua sick to her stomach. Even the crashing waves that she could hear from her lonely copse of trees made her feel ill. And even now, she began to blame her dead friend for the troubles she was having.

@[Abishia]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Hidden Account
Wild.

The filly watched as Antheia glanced throughout the trees that surrounded the two, her mere gray body with only a slight outline moved around the shelter of Kahlua’s. Why she had brought Abishia here was unknown to her and the little girl was confused. Why was she so sorrow? The filly could not answer that, Antheia had only brought her here for one reason. To speak to Kahlua. But now that they stood there at the mare’s shelter, the painted female was nowhere in sight. Had she left Helovia? Saddened by Antheia’s dramatic pass? Yes, the filly had heard, for she would be able to touch her Antie, not see her as a clear ghost.

Soon there was a crackling through the woods, something, or someone was coming. A figure came into the little filly’s view, making a small smile appear upon her pale lips. Abishia was pierced by her words and backed up a few steps, but so was Antheia, for she had pinned her ears at the mare’s hurtful words. The filly wasn’t going to give up though. She had come all the way, had to leave the Endless Blue, had to leave Azarel, just to come to hear the mare’s disrespect. “No.” Abishia said, but surprised that her voice was so low and stubborn. “Antie wants to talk to you.” Hoping the mare wouldn’t be confused from her words, Abi looked towards Antheia who was now standing beside her.

When the painted mare stomped her hoof against the ground, Abi took that as a warning and stepped aside, giving Kahlua room to breathe. She seemed to be in the condition that Antie was in. What had happened between them and why were they sad? It was so bright outside! Everyone should be happy and not gloomy! But that seemed to not work for these two. Abishia glanced between the two dark mares, sighing in confusion. Why couldn’t this be over with?

Credits

lines

The filly smiled. It only made Kahlua want to hide more. Who could be happy when everything was so terrible? Dear Kahlua, Antheia's voice echoed in her head again and she wanted to cry. Unfortunately, her tears were all used up. Her eyes burned from the rivers of useless saltwater that had poured from them. Her cheeks were stained with white, a brand that screamed of her sorrow. She was a useless mess but she had never really had to deal with sorrow before. Of course a fire had eaten away at her lands but she had not seen her family burn. In moments of clarity she knew they were dead, but most often the painted girl preferred to think that they were still alive- that her twin and her parents still roamed the lands. Somewhere else, but somewhere where they were living.

No, the insolent filly demanded and, if it was possible, Kahlua decided immediately to dislike her further. Her ears remained pulled back tightly, her lips tightened into a pursed look. She had never been more like her brother Fuhrer than she was in this moment. Auntie wants to talk to you, she continued, and Kahlua rolled her eyes with a stamp of her hoof. “I don't know who that is,” she snapped, “because I don't know who you are.” The mare seemed drained of much of her beauty at this point. Too many troubles had plagued her mind in these past few days. She was not made for such things.

Still, Kahlua was not made for being mad. So, with a sigh and a dramatic swish of her tail, she decided to speak again. Her voice was still hard but at least she was giving an opening. “Listen, you have until the sun touches the tree tops. So make it quick. After that, I'm screaming.” The time frame Kahlua had given was not much. At best, it was 15 minutes. The tiny child was brave for her age. Since she was so young, she would certainly be clumsy and slow. Kahlua thought she should be more careful. All it would take was one whinny into the winds for a warrior to come running. And certainly the babe would be no match for a trained killer. At least, that gave Kahlua comfort.

@[Abishia]- Sorry, apparently Kahlua doesn't grieve well >.<

Hidden Account
Wild.

And yet poor Abishia was so young. If the mare ever did try to attack, she would have no defense to protect her, and Auntie could do nothing. She had to make this quick, whether the mare liked it or not. “I don't know who that is, because I don't know who you are.” The mare was beginning to become impatient and Abi was losing her confidence against her. But this was for Auntie Antheia and she want to help. “I am Abishia, daughter of Harmony.” She said finally, her voice quivering.

The young filly looked over toward Antheia, who gave her a small nod. Abishia sucked in a large breath, knowing she had little time to speak and this would be the only time she would be able to come to the Edge. “Antheia says she’s sorry. She never meant to do any harm in your life but only get rid of what she was keeping from you. She said that she had always want to be a crafter, to live up to be what you are today, to fulfill her mother’s dream. But she said that you had worked harder than her and that you deserved it more than she ever would. Auntie said that she was the one holding you back from earning what you really deserved most.” The filly took a deep breath again, looking to the sky. She was running out of time and she still had a lot to say for Auntie! “She wants you to forget about her and never to think about her again, that it is better that way. Oh! Here, this is for you from her!” Abi smiled and then pulled a moon necklace from her own neck that she had almost forgotten about. “She hopes that this will help you forget her, but also remind her that she is always with y–“ The sun raised over the tree tops and Abishia sat the necklace down softly on a rock in front of the painted mare.

She smiled once more and then took off, weaving throughout the trees, making her way across the border before stopping again. Abi looked back into the forest and smiled, hoping Kahlua would like the gift. The filly sighed and then ran off into the distance to look for Azarel so they could play again.

Credits

[ Omg.. Stop talking Abi. ._. Well, anyways, here's the ref for the ref for the necklace: http://img0.etsystatic.com/013/0/7297154...8_kycg.jpg ]

lines

I am Abishia, daughter of Haromny. Kahlua eyed the foal suspiciously then. Her last meeting with Harmony had gone rather poorly and she couldn't say she was excited to think of it again. Especially on top of everything else that was occurring. Luckily for the foal, Kahlua did not notice her constant looks to the side as suspicious activity. She just thought it was the foal being odd. And if she had noticed, would she have said anything? Probably not. She was not interested in anything about this foal, despite the fact that she was dishonoring Antheia's last request to watch over her family. Antheia says she's sorry, the foal started and Kahlua just sighed. What could this foal know about the dead mare?

On and on she went. It seemed that she would never shut her mouth and Kahlua began to grow impatient once again, looking to the sky to see how much nearer the sun was to the tree tops. And then the filly said something else. She wants you to forget about her. If only it was that simple. Kahlua doubted she would ever just forget what happened, even her simply brain held onto strong emotions like the one she had experienced that day. Nevertheless, when the filly finally managed to give her the necklace, Kahlua couldn't manage to smile. Both for the beauty of the piece and because the filly quickly ran off into the woods. At least she could be at peace now. Silently, she picked up the necklace and settled into her copse for a long rest. It was time for heart to begin to heal.