the Rift

[OPEN] !! Lifeforms

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
So many had been injured. The fights had been hard. There had been barely enough herbs that Res could find for everyone that might have needed them. That simple fact was the one thing that was stuck in her mind at these moments as she began to wander a bit farther away from the center of the herd. The mists still enveloped her, and it seemed as though she was becoming the mists as she edged forward. She seemed to spread out farther and farther into the lands, and her movements were even more graceful. A calmness overtook her, and as she arrived at a grove of trees her mind accepted the fact that she had faded completely into the one substance that had helped to keep her alive in that fight. But, the second she wished to actually stand her feet were stable against the earth, and her maw was touching the leaves she was reaching down toward.

It was a strange feeling, truly becoming one with the lands, but it was something she didn't mind. A snort escaped her maw as she kicked at the dirt, testing it to see if perhaps she could get something to grow. Water seemed to collect around here, not too much that it would flood out plants, but just enough that it would keep the soil damp to allow nutrients to travel up the roots. She figured it would be as good a place as anything else she could find, and so she started to search. Her limbs stretching out and covering as much ground as possible. Just a few herbs. That's all she needed to get the seeds to spread some around. It would start out small, but it would grow bigger. It would just take some time.

Five types of herbs. Six types of herbs. Ten types of herbs. She gathered all of them in her maw until she had fifteen different ones and then headed back toward the place she would make her garden. Hooves, drawing lines in the dirt as to where she was going to lay out each different herb. Twenty different lines. She had found fifteen that would be healthy, but with the pain that had ensued from the battles she wanted poison ones as well. She wanted something she could claim would help that she could give to an enemy to make them even worse. It might not have been the most logical thing, but she wanted some way of helping her family fight off those who should not be in their lands. And, she had decided that this was going to be the way she was going to do it.

Digging out some holes she scrunched plants in her jowls until she saw seeds fall out (or at least what she hoped were seeds) and then covered them with the soul she had displaced. Res continued this process until all fifteen of the healing herbs were filled. And then, she went on her mission. One poisonous herb. Move a little farther out, toward the cliffs. Another poisonous herb. Back into the deeper edges of the forest. Three poisonous herbs. And then four. More searching. A lot of searching. Then, finally, she had five poisonous herbs.

Feeling rather accomplished she jogged her way back toward the garden and did the same ritual as before. Each plant being crushed and placed in the soil. Of course, she ensured that she had spit out all of the substance before she swallowed, not wanting to take any chances with swallowing a poisonous herb. And then, she would move onto the next.

As she finished the sun was beginning to set, and she looked over her garden with a bit of content, the sunset casting a warm, orange glow over her little cove. Perhaps this would work. Perhaps she could be useful...

645 words
Open to anyone who wants to see Res's herb garden.
and this is set about 2 weeks after the invasion, but before Res treks out to the VOTG
*really only for my brain power timeline thingie xD*
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love