the Rift

[OPEN] Trampled Flowers

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
demons run, but count the cost,
the battle's won, but the child is lost

Dreary, the mists clung to his fur and dampened his growing mane, his marks of red standing out like a beacon against the monochrome setting. The state of his mind was similar to his surroundings; full of numb fog. The herd he had been taken to was boasting high spirits, their battle won and their home safe, but this little one did not share in their joys or their relief. He was angry, confused, his body trembled with anxiety as he struggled to find an object to direct his frustration. Sacre was a boy not known for his patience, his blood held the spirit of callous warriors until now held at bay by the child’s own volition. He had wished to judge this world based on his own findings and for a while he had thought his father wrong, his anger misdirected and unneeded, but now. No, now Sacre was beginning to understand perhaps a little of his parents thinking, a little of their reasoning, but he was confused. He was just a boy. He didn’t understand the reason and it frustrated him to no end. Disappointment plagued the mountain born colt too, many had spoke of battle and blood shed, but for some reason Sacre never quite grasped the full meaning. He only ever saw the glory side that his boyhood dreamt of. It wasn’t like that at all and it made him sick.

He continued walking towards the cliff on legs longer than they were when he first came here, seasons had changed since then, it made him wonder if Roux looked any taller with a twist of his heart. His horn had become longer, at times it gave him a headache as the red weapon molded itself into something more deadly, becoming heavier for the boy to carry as his body slowly adjusted to the new weight. However, Sacre was indeed very proud of his crimson sword and had made a mental note to look after it better than his father had his own. His mind drifted to his family and soon he was wondering when he was going to see them again, the child missed the cold wind on his face and the pretty night lights. This misty abode may have been the home his parents sought, but Sacre belonged to a different place of snowy drifts and stoic mountains.

Tinted in precious gold with a moon upon her rump, that was his captor, Rishima was who he answered to. He wondered what now she was going to do with him, the battle was over, did they really need him anymore? Did they want something else? Arriving at the cliff he stared down into what little he could see of the ocean, so peaceful and calm, wishing he could ride away on the waves to some new place. He’d take Roux and together they could live a long and happy life, no wars and no bad ‘uns to take them away, but the dawning realization was sinking into Sacre’s every fibre. Perhaps he too would have to fight in battles one day to achieve the world he wanted, the world he needed. He knew Roux did not think much to his idea, his brother didn’t seem too bothered about his eyesight, maybe he thought Sacre couldn’t fix him. Did he want to be fixed?

The dusky child shook his head, there were too many things clouding his mind for such a taxing conversation with himself.
Image Credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
RISHIMA
I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon.

My young charge had grown in my care, but we had grown no closer.

It had not been my idea, stealing the youths from their nesting place. I had not even thought it a particularly good idea, but I had also not stopped mission. I had helped. I had taken a child from his home and tried to make him see the reason in an unreasonable world. What regard had I expected to bloom in a union so poorly made? I would hate me, placed in his hooves. It was a wonder he had not yet attempted to slit my throat as I slept.

Still, I had done my best to make the colt feel at home, giving him space and watching from afar. I kept him safe while the battles raged, though he would not know it; I watched him grow and felt something close to regard, though it hid well behind the weary lines of my face. With Tandavi gone I had an abundance of motherly hormones to express, and none to accept them; how, then, can you blame me for coming to enjoy the little unicorn's presence?

It sounds a little sick when I think on it, but it is truth and so I'm bound to tell it. Better to seem honor-bound and corrupt than full of falsehood yet the image of mental health. One was at least mildly admirable, the other simply a lie upon a lie. Neither were perfect, but neither am I.

I followed the boy up the side of the cliff, keeping my distance as Sacre lost himself in thought. It would be so easy to know what was running through that young mind, what made the unicorn tick and cast such shadows behind eyes full of hope. All I had to do was reach out with my magic and touch him gently, press against the barriers of his mind and fall, spiraling, careening out of control into the dark and delicious depths of his soul...

I coughed, trying to clear my throat and head and alert him to my presence before the intoxicating pull of magic could draw me down. Kali was gone on some exciting mission god-knows-where that I hadn't paid much attention to, and unable to stop my new-found addiction; it was all up to me. "Hello, Sacre," I murmured into the wind, my voice dark and soothing and hopeful that he would not be afraid. "I have good news for you."

I smiled, pausing in my ascent, gold-tipped mane and tail thrown playfully by the breeze. Would he see the sincerity or merely my height, my regality, my dominance as his captor? Poor kid, it would be no wonder if he grew up to hate us, having been stuck with me for the season past.

[ ...sorry it's crap. I'll get back into her eventually ]
Image Credits

The sound of her voice made the colt jump, his wild eyes turning to catch the gaze of his guard, a moon upon her rump and dipped in gold. This was Rishima, a mare he hadn’t really gotten to know and one he didn’t really want to. An equine, an impure his father would call her, but Sacre had been given other ideas by a grulla equine by the name of Lace who showed him no harm and spoke inspiring words. It had made him think and although this mare had never once laid a hurtful touch upon his baby head, there was a part of him now that was beginning to understand his parent’s thirst for blood. Perhaps not the racism side, but the young boy was almost starting to believe that a greater good truly did not exist in the world and it made him bitter. More bitter than a young lad should be. He wanted to go home, but he wanted answers too. For a moment he regarded Rishima, she was an old mare by Sacre’s standards and he almost laughed at himself for being held captive by a rusty bag of bones, but he had been too caught up in the battle to be bothered with struggling to escape. He had not yet seen Roux or his mother, not in the battle at least and not as captives, but that would not be surprising. Sacre had kept himself to himself mostly. Too scared to wander too far.

Her soothing voice caught in his lobes and he wobbled on his legs with uncertainty, what did she mean by good news? Could he go home now? Or was she being sarcastic? The latter was making him sick at the possibilities and he forced himself once more to meet her gaze, pushing aside all dark thoughts and boldly pushed his chest out. It was about time he started acting more like a stallion than the scared little boy he was, he would be a yearling next season. "What news?" His voice betrayed him. It cracked and broke, he knew by now that there was a small chance that this mare had come to harm him, but still he couldn’t shake that cold fear that gripped him every time he went near someone here.

The boy’s own gaze cast downwards quickly, not able to hold his brave position for long, he frowned into the lush grasses beneath his cloven hooves. It was Tallsun now, the sun was hotter, but still there was a breeze atop the cliff. He wondered what his parents were doing at this minute, what his siblings were up to, had Aviya been in the fight? Sacre was unnerved by his older sister, she seemed so strong and so like father, she probably didn’t think much of him. He wanted her strength, but not the prejudices that came with it.
Image Credits

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Lend me your eyes I can change what you see.
But your soul you must keep, totally free

Captivity silenced the young colt, drawing him into himself as he clung to his mother's side. The rage that pooled off of his mother in waves made a rage grow in his own heart, a thick, inky darkness spreading over his heart. He felt hatred for the mare he had started to trust, Smoke. When they first met on the beach, with the graying warrior and the young winged filly, he had seen a kindness in her that he was not accustomed to. He now believed that it had all been an act--that she had planned on taking him away from that moment until her act had been done. He wondered if she had caused him, in some way, to trip and cut his leg so she could trick him into following her home. Bile bubbled in the back of the youth's throat as his thoughts roared inside him like a hurricane, barring any positivity from his developing brain. It made him want to spit.

His only solace was the pristine white mare that stood guard over him, her icy eyes cold and hard. He knew that she would use the white, spiraled horn that his own was crafted to reflect to disembowel anyone that tried to lay hoof on him. Kou was angry, perpetually, in their forest prison. He deduced that was why Smoke kept her distance, fearful not that his mother had joined them. Part of him wanted to watch Kou burry her horn deep into Smoke's chest, to ruin her and bend her and break her. If he could growl like Aramis, he would.

In the early morning he had left his mother's side as she slept warily. It had been the first time she had closed her eyes in days. He felt a pang of guilt over his looming mother, her need to protect him so great that she began to neglect herself. Some part of him, however, admired the dedication and selfless love that she displayed. He would do that same for Sacre he thought, dismissing himself. He was on his way to search for water, his body no longer needing the milk of his mother. He would be an adult soon, and already he was a tall, leggy sort of boy. His growing head kept low to the ground, dark nostrils flaring and navigating him through the thick brush of the forest. The need for water fueled his solid, multi-colored hooves, but a phantom scent stopped him dead in his tracks. Sacre. The scent of his twin had teased him greatly the past season, but whenever he galloped towards the deft smell he was not rewarded. This time, however, the distant ring of his twin's voice rang in the tip of his ears.

"SACRE!" The boy screamed, his vocal chords stinging with the impact and strain his voice left from disuse. It must have been the first word he had spoken in weeks. Without notice, his long legs stretched beneath him, reaching blindly for the loamy soil to push him closer. He neared the cliff, voices muffled but present as blood pounded in his ears. Branches reached out with sharp fingers, scraping along his shoulders, leaving reddened lines of blood like a razor's cut. Ignoring the pain, the adolescent grinded his teeth together, grunting as he burst into the clearing of trees, the crash of ocean waves beneath the ridge screaming for him to halt. Breathless, with blind eyes wild, the blood colt stood with his legs splayed, head between them as he gasped for air. His lungs expanded quickly, relieving him for only a second before the unseeing colt became fully aware of the presence that was not his brother, standing merely a fox-length away.

His body went rigid, shoulders squaring and head shooting straight up. He attempted to puff his chest out, eyes narrowing into silver slits.

randsomactscreative.com | Sarahhara12

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
RISHIMA
I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon.

The boy's voice cracks, and I feel myself grow still, even now hurt by the tremor of fear in his youthful tone. It's a quiet fury I nurse in my breast, not for him but for me, for allowing myself to take part in this farce of a plot where babes were stolen from their mother's sides. What would I have done if Tandavi was gone? Who would I have killed to get her back, what blood would I have spilled without remorse? Oh, I know exactly- and the truth scares me more than I would like to confess. I know what I would be capable of, and what I would do. I know my soul.

No wonder the child fears me. I'm a monster.

But then, aren't we all?

The boy's gaze falls and I shift my nebulous legs, wondering what it is he sees in my eyes. My face still impassive I struggle in my mind, clawing against urges to look in, to know. Lips open slightly and my vocals contract; I force the smile back into my voice, force the softness to return to my dark gaze. I am growing more uncomfortable by the minute. "You-"

The word hangs abrupt in the bleak salt-stained air, drowned by a scream full of joy and disuse. I snap my neck around to find its source, an ear flicked back and another alert. "What-" I begin, only to be thwarted again as the bay youth barrels out of the woods and into my sight, scrambling to a halt mere steps from my chest. What on earth? I stagger backwards, shocked by the flurry of this new colt's arrival- and realize that, fuck, it's another goddamn unicorn colt. Where had this one come from, and why had I not known? He clearly knew my charge; why had they been separated, cast into cruel isolation in an already hostile land? The thought brings my rage to a bubbling front, and I shove it down, making a mental note to investigate this later and place the anger where it belongs.

A start of a smile threatens my lips as the boy tenses up, shifting his mass into battle-ready stance. "Fear not, good warrior- I mean you no harm." I lower my head to indicate the truth of my words, relaxing so he might see I have no intent of attack, doing my best to look as unimposing as possible - a difficult task when you tower over nearly everyone you meet. Black eyes shift to Sacre in search for answers, an explanation of this new child's appearance. My mind scrambles to keep up- whose is he? Where is his guard? Does it even fucking matter? I'm sending him home, along with his friend, regardless of approval or lack thereof. But first, I want to talk to them, to try and remedy the mistakes made by me and my kin, by their parents and friends.

Maybe, if I don't scare them silly, I can counsel them straight.

High above a gryphon screams. Great. Just what I need to put them at ease- an over-enthused bundle of feathers and claws. My companion's timing is impeccable, as always, and I know that within minutes she'll be on my back. Better make the most of what time I have

@[Sacre], @[Roux]

Sorry for the wait guys <3
Image Credits

What was this voice?!

This smell... This familiar presence of two souls intertwined, the tug of relief and shock as Sacre's ocean eyes made contact with Roux. A great smile broke out across his boyish features, his expression one of instant relief because he was safe! Roux was okay! "Roux!" All of his emotion was poured into that name and for a moment the stained colt completely lost the situation and lived in the moment; he had been reunited with the other half of his soul. It wasn't long, however, before Sacre noticed the lines of blood and his grin became a worried frown, impulse drove him two steps towards his red brother "Is that blood?! Are you okay?" The boy fought bravely with his voice, trying to keep the hysteria from showing, but the concern he could not hide. Sacre had rarely seen blood and never on his twin, it made his skin prickle and his heart lurch at the prospect of what could've been. It was too much. A strange place, strange horses, his family and friends at war for a cause he wasn't sure he believed in, only time would prove his father right or wrong. He struggled with himself, not knowing what was right or what to say, it was the words of his captor that decided his next action.

Anger.

Everything was wrong, there was so much he didn't understand and even that might have been enough to send a child spiralling into fits of uncontrolled anger at the strangeness of their environment. Until now, Sacre had managed to keep his lid, remembering his time with Mr Lace, taking solice in the fact that he had not been harmed by Rishima. However, taking Roux was too far. Her words were meant in honesty and had he been in the same state he was but a mere minute ago perhaps he would have seen that, but all Sacre saw was what his enraged mind wanted him to see. "Why?" His voice was quiet at first, like he was trying to get his own mind to see sense but failing to do so. "WHY?!" Gone. Like a true son of the Nightshade, Sacre's eyes glittered with uncontrolled anger driven by confusion and outrage that his twin had been taken too.

"Why did you have to take Roux? What has my brother ever done to you?!" His breathing had become fast, his voice flustered, Sacre battled to better himself, to order his thoughts into something more coherent. He wanted to know everything, he demanded to know everything. The boy took a minute to breathe properly, moving to stand shoulder to shoulder with Roux before turning in attempt to meet Rishima's gaze, his expression the same, but his voice had become controlled. "You know, my father always spoke of you like enemies. I always thought that perhaps he was wrong and I met someone who made me think that there was a brighter future... A stupid hope!" The final words bubbled up as his ears slapped back against his neck "You are no better than my father" it almost made him cry to say it, his voice had lost all it's anger and instead the final words were said in an almost sobbing voice. Sacre had hoped that the there was more to the world than hate and more hate.

The last of his anger was taken away by the arrival of a strange creature whose scream made him jump in surprise. He allowed himself the moment of wonder, a strange feeling in the midst of such wild emotion, his body quivering, unsure as to whether this creature was friend or foe. Sacre moved back slightly trying to find the words.

Relief, shock, anger... Sadness. The stained child went through all the motions, his gaze dropping to the ground as if the answer was there. "Please let us go, the battle is over, I want to know if my family and my friends are okay."
Image Credits

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!