Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
BLAME IT ON HELL'S FIRE AND ON MY DESIRES
THE SKIES ARE CRYING
BLOOD.

Ophelia had felt guilt about her absence, especially when her sister needed her so badly. Now a year old and white as snow, the older filly stepped from her snowy hiding place and into the sun. The meadow was much warmer than she had remembered, and she had to squint to protect her light eyes from the sun. The tree where they once slept was where she stood now, and she waited patiently for her sister. She knew she would come.

Phi missed Ktulu terribly, and she longed to talk to her sister about important things. The white and crimson filly was returning to the world, and she wanted to do it side by side with her beautiful sister. Together, they would forge their own path. They needed a plan. The tall sun was beginning to set on the horizon, and Ophelia admired the red of the sky. Thunder from heat rumbled in the sky, and she looked up, smiling as a crack of lightning lit up the clouds.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Aging had been kind to the once bow-legged little filly. She had filled out and while she was not as tall as her twin she was a bit more muscular even for a yearling. Her once charcoal coat was now a deep black with the exception of her legs and the stripe that adorned her face. Ktulu was the spitting image of her father and she was proud of that. She still had her eyes set on becoming as strong and fierce a warrior as her sire, but to do so she needed to practice fighting and learn to completely control her magic. She had been practicing it and, for the first and probably only time, was thankful for Ophelia's absence. She didn't want her dear sister to witness her choking animals as she practiced control.

Thinking of her sister made Ktulu sigh. She missed her sister dearly and didn't feel complete without her. She missed having Ophelia at her side, being able to lean on her when she was feeling a little weak, or supporting her sister when she was feeling down. Of course she knew that there was a reason her sister had wanted to be alone and she knew where Ophelia was. There were a few times when Ktulu thought to go and find her but she stopped herself and continued to respect her sister's wishes. When she wanted company then she would come to her. Until then Ktulu would stand by and she would wait.

Her white tail swayed from side to side as she roamed through the meadow. Her destination was the tree that she and Ophelia had slept under in the months after running from Isilme and living as orphans. It had become home to them. Ktulu stopped when lightning lit up the sky. Her gaze rose to it and she watched as it snaked across the sky. The filly then snorted and shook out her mane, the pegasus feather brushing lightly against her neck. Azzuen, she wondered how he was doing.

Ktulu turned back toward the tree and stood where she was, her eyes locked on the white and red filly that stood there. "Ophelia?" She looked like their mother, pure white and beautiful, yet she had the fierce red that came from their father's line. She cantered toward her sister, slowing to a trot the last few steps before jerking to a halt. "Ophelia!" She touched her muzzle to her sister's before rubbing her muzzle across Phi's face. "I'm so glad you came back! I missed you so much!"

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

THE SKIES ARE CRYING
BLOOD.

A spitting image of their father crested the hill, but she was too feminine to be him. She could only be her sister. Elated and happy, Ophelia pranced on the ground and called out to Ktulu. She was so beautiful, and she looked so healthy and fit! Once her sister began to run toward her, Ophelia followed suit and slid to a stop, tossing her head in joy. A smile that she could not control spread across her lips, and her dance danced between her sister's own eyes and her face. "Ktulu I missed you too!" she exclaimed, prancing in place still to emphasize her elation.

"I am glad to be back, but you must tell be what has been going on an- " Ophelia's eyes caught the feather in her sister's mane, and she raised a brow. A smirk crossed her lips. "Did my sister get a boyfriend?" she asked teasingly. After waiting for a response, Ophelia sighed and relaxed in her sister's presence. "I am finally able to control my memories," she explained. "And we need to decide what path we shall take, because being apart from you was miserable.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Ktulu continued to nuzzle her sister affectionately as they stood there. Being apart from her was hard, just as it had been when Nyra had kidnapped her from the Tides. She was left, again, wondering how she was and if something had happened to her. If someone had hurt her. The dark filly's muzzle moved down to her sister's neck and she sighed happily. Now she felt like she was whole again and not missing a piece of her own soul.

She snorted at Ophelia's question about having a boyfriend then turned her head so she was looking at her pale sister. "Hardly." She said then grinned at her sister. "I simply have a friend. But I could ask you about having a boyfriend." She still hadn't forgotten the way that colt, Aaron, had looked at Ophelia. She still didn't like it.

Ophelia continued on and Ktulu's grin widened. "Really? That's great!" Maybe now Ophelia wouldn't go wandering off because of those memories. She then nodded her agreement to Ophelia's next statement. They did need to figure out their path and forge it on their own. "Whatever we do is fine with me so long as we stay together, Phi." Ktulu answered. "If you want we can stay as we are or we can join a herd."

Icon by Tay

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
THE SKIES ARE CRYING
BLOOD.

When Ktulu responded on the boyfriend comment, Ophelia snorted in amusement. Then, she brought up Aaron. The white filly's ears fell to the side, and she grimaced shyly. "Aaron is very nice," she replied carefully before sighing and then deciding to lay all of her thoughts and feelings on her sister. Before, when Ktulu was ill and crippled, Ophelia took care of her, but Ktulu had always taken care of Phi emotionally. "I think he is very sweet, kind and handsome, but I am not sure if I am capable of love," Ophelia murmured seriously. "I love you, but with all others I have this instinct to keep them at a distance. Even father and mother..." she trailed, her eyes growing distant.

Ophelia shifted her weight and grunted in frustration. "I do not want to get close because I will remember every slight and every argument," she growled angrily. Then, she shook her head. "But what am I saying. We are not that old." When Ktulu said that they needed to stay together, Ophelia nodded firmly in agreement. She did not want to be apart from her sister any longer than they had to. "Finding a herd would be an adventure, I think," she said. "I know you have always wanted to be a warrior. Perhaps you can do that?" she suggested.

Ophelia.." Ktulu murmured as her sister explained her feelings about Aaron and her troubles with their parents. Briefly, she wondered if her sister truly loved her or if she was held at a distance but she quickly shook that thought. If Phi kept her at a distance then she wouldn't be confiding in her. Phi even told her that she loved her. If it wasn't proof enough then there would never be proof of her sister's true feelings. "He's not good enough for you, anyway." Ktulu snorted at last. "No one will ever be." It might be something that their father would say, but she didn't care. In her eyes Ophelia was perfection and no colt or stallion could match her.

She was drawn back into the seriousness of the conversation and she touched her muzzle to her sister's cheek. "Fighting and arguing is part of a relationship, Phi." She said. "At least that's what mother says." Honestly, she couldn't remember ever seeing her mother and father at odds with one another and she couldn't remember a time she was angry with Ophelia. But she trusted her mother's words and judgement more than anything else.

"You know me so well." Ktulu said with a grin. "I do think we should join a herd. There are a few I've seen. I've never gone down to investigate any of them." She explained. "I don't much like the feeling I get around the World's Edge herd, but the Dragon's Throat and the Foothills herd seem nice. Mom and dad are in the Foothills, I think."

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

THE SKIES ARE CRYING
BLOOD.

Ophelia was so glad that she had her sister to talk to. Ktulu was the only one she truly loved. When she said that Aaron was not good enough for her, the white filly chuckled. She leaned forward and rubbed her cheek on Ktulu's, nuzzling her forelock affectionately. "And you are too perfect for anyone too," she replied. "I do admit that I was a little jealous when I saw that feather." When Ktulu told her that arguing was part of a relationship and that mother told her so, Ophelia nodded. She loved her mother, and she trusted and believed everything the elder gray mare said.

"I miss mother," Phi said with a small smile. When Ktulu told her about the herdlands, she listened with rapt attention and then thought about their choices. As much as she loved their parents, she felt as if it was time to venture off on their own. "Are you opposed to visiting the Dragon's Throat?" she asked curiously. "I love our parents, but I think we should try something different. Don't you agree?"

"You have nothing to be jealous of, Ophelia." Ktulu assured her sister. "There is no one in this world that is more precious to me than you are." Not even her father and she loved him dearly, but she shared a bond with Ophelia that she didn't share with anyone else. They had been together since they were in their mother's womb and had been together nearly always since they were born. The times they weren't together were hard on her and she knew that they were equally as hard on Ophelia.

"I miss her, too." Ktulu said. "And father." She knew that Phi didn't have as good a relationship with their sire as she did, herself. Ktulu wished that Phi did, when they were younger she even tried pushing Phi to hang around their father, but it never worked so she'd given up on it.

"No, I'm not opposed to visiting Dragon's Throat." Ktulu answered her sister. "I.. I think it would be ... adventurous to be in a herd other than one with our parents." It would be strange and definitely take a little getting used to, but then again maybe it wouldn't be so different from being orphaned like they had after running from Isilme. "As long as we stick together I'll go wherever you like." She said, nuzzling Ophelia once more.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

THE SKIES ARE CRYING
BLOOD.

Ophelia felt joy from her sister's words, and she hummed happily. "I feel the same about you, love," she replied. To hear those words from Ktulu were wonderful, especially since she knew how much her father meant to her. Ophelia had never been able to get close to Paladin. He was too... distant. "I do miss them both," she responded. "Even father." She indeed felt that way. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Ktulu's hesitance was concerning, but she was confident by the end that her sister did indeed want to go to the Dragon's Throat. Ophelia grinned. "Let's go then, sister", She said happily, picking up her hooves and beginning to canter South. "Wherever we go, we shall go together." Phi could hardly explain how happy she was that Ktulu could run beside her now, and she tossed her white and red hair in the wind. "So, what has happened since I have been gone?" she asked. "Does Ra still run the Throat?"

"We can visit them." Ktulu suggested. "After we get settled into a herd of our own." They would be proud that her and Ophelia had grown up enough to take care of themselves. She hoped they would, in any case. They had grown up a lot since running from Isilme, but the growth wasn't just physical. They had been forced to mature early, what with witnessing so many deaths.

Ophelia began to canter toward the south and Ktulu fell in step beside her. Her movement was fluid and graceful, but there was a time not too long ago when it would have been jerky and awkward. Had it not been for the God of the Earth she would still be a bowlegged, lame little filly with ambitions that she would never be able to reach. "Perhaps we should pay the Earth God a visit sometime." She suggested to her sister. "I would like to thank him again for what he's done for me."

They ran a little ways in comfortable silence before Ophelia asked about Ra. Ktulu had heard of the stallion, but she'd had the pleasure of never meeting him. "I don't know." She finally said. "I guess we'll find out when we get there."

Icon by Tay