the Rift

Halloween Maze Challenge :: Round Three

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
 </style>

There is a full moon floating high above your head; it hangs heavily in the sky, and it seems ever-so-much larger than it usually does. A few clouds scuttle quickly across the skies, ebony on the blue-violet, star-studded dome. Closer to the earth, where your hooves trod into the soil, darkened grass crunching, the wind kicks up, pulling your mane and your garments about in a frenzy. A lone wolf howls in the distance and you shiver, though you cannot tell if it is from the sudden chill or the eerie hunt-song in the distance.

You find yourself suddenly in a corn field. You hadn't known that it was here, but you haven't really been sure exactly where you are anyway, so you suppose it doesn't matter. Your legs continue to move, carrying you deeper into the depths. You meander left and right, following a worn path absently. It does not occur to you that it might be a trap, nor do you think about getting lost; you simply press on, assuming that the world will open up before you at any moment, and you will see a familiar landmark that will take you home. After all, you are headed East, aren't you? Or North? Or West, or South? Well, you might think you're going in the right direction, my dear, but, well... you're not.

You halt as the path splits before you and come to your senses in time to realize that the sky has been covered by clouds and you no longer have any sense of which direction you've been traveling. Perhaps, if you are superstitious, you believe that the ground itself has shifted under your feet, spinning you around and placing you somewhere you hadn't been a moment before; if you are not, you may simply think you've lost track of time, or lost your way. You look over your shoulder, and goosebumps prickle over your skin as you realize the corn has closed behind you, leaving no trace of the path you have taken to get here. You may only go forward.

Which way will you go?

All participants, please choose one of the following:
North
East
West

[OOC | This challenge is a luck-based challenge in which you may select one of four (or less) directions each round. Should you go the wrong direction, you will be eliminated from the game, and your character will meet an unfortunate end which may hold a curse of some kind. Should you continue in the correct direction, you will be rewarded with a randomized prize! More than one winner may be declared.

Rules:
1) You may join only once per player. In other words, you are only allowed to join one character.
2) You may select only one direction in each round. The four options are: North, East, South, or West. If one of these options is unavailable to you, you will be informed.
3) Your character must be in costume!

You have 48 hours.

Good luck!]

words words

Image Credits

Luneia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The small, intricately painted Fae lay amist the forest floor. Everything she had lived for she questioned. All that she had once been, gone. Torn from her soul. She knew nothing about herself but remorse. Even the newly created life, which she had carried, nurtured and hoped to raise, still made her hate herself more so. All she had known was hate, revenge and Death. Everything around her just died.
Clouds parted in the night sky, the ominous disc loomed over her curled up torso. Glowing brightly, pulsating, like that of a life form. For some reason it brought her to her hooves. Made her stand in awe at such morbid beauty, perfectly mirroring herself. The way it sat so lonely in such a vast galaxy of stars. Her limbs pulled her forwards, towards something, feeling so out of control of her bodily functions. All she could do was sit along for the ride.
Trees soon gave way to a vast landscape, a vicious wind ricocheted through the valley, whipping up tendrils of silk, slashing about in the gust, carrying in a cry of a wolf. The Fae shivered. Turning her direction of sight due east, only to reveal a half mangled face, bone gleaming in the silvery light of the moon. Fresh. Blood oozed from the wounds, or so it seemed, for her cranium was still in perfect form, though a mask created the illusion of a mangled mess. Jaw hanging loose, eyes wild with hunger. Pupiless and almost pure white.
The drive for hunger carries her forwards, but where she treads she simply does not know, all her focus was upon the large disc upon the sky. A mangled limb steps onwards, the path taking her into a field of corn. A fake crimson fluid, very simular to that of blood, trickles from the missing flesh around her lower front leg, bubbling up around the top of her hoove, when it is placed upon the ground, leaving a breadcrumb trail of red.
The mangled mess of the Fae, her pelt mixed with dried blood and mud soon come to a halt. The pathway splits and she is forced to make a decision. Which way will her sanity take her?
Her half mangled face glances around the vicinity, ear hanging by a single thread, slapping the poor girl in the face as it flicks around frantically. Finally she makes the choice and she steps forth onto the Eastern-ly path. And there she makes her way forward once more.

[[OOC: Luneia is a Zombie, better watch it she might eat you alive! And she chose East ]]
"speak".

DevArt

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

After the few not so fortunate encounters with the past two hosts of this trick or treat mayhem the silver stallion wondered why he was still wandering around in the first place. Wouldn't it just be smarter to go back home and let the rest of the party goers experience the wrath of whatever would come next? That would be the logical thing to do considering he had already managed to only be cursed with both the raven creature and the mutt. Then could someone explain to him why he found himself in yet another corn maze! Only three paths stood before him as he stared in disbelief at the situation he had managed to wander into yet again, one had to be the way out but which one?

Rearing up he tried to use his height to his advantage only to wind up empty handed as his hooves landed back in the soil as the long cape fell back over his haunches once again. Two colours made up his ensemble of black and burgundy which on any other night would blend into the darkness muting out the glow of his marks but against the wall of corn cobs failed to do so. Fidgeting uncomfortably as the material itched his skin he clamped his jaw down only to forget about the fake fangs that fit over his upper final incisors. The salty taste of the fake blood capsules filled his mouth half choking him before it dripped out over the ground in front of him. Why had he decided on this costume of the many choices, definitely not his best idea. Half squishing the rubbery material between his teeth he sighed in frustration finally getting the fangs to fit properly once again. He was already walking on thin ice when it came to his luck lately this would probably prove to turn out along the same course.

Closing his silver orbs for a couple seconds he tried to remember which way he had come into this maze. He had taken a right, then left then another left? Grumbling he gave up realizing it was impossible to remember which direction would lead him back out and with the clouds obstructing his view the moon was no help either. Stepping forward he glanced carefully down each path to only see more corn in every direction, well here goes nothing he thought as he turned north hoping that his luck might turn out for once. Now it was only the matter of what would be at the end of this path, would it be the exit? If it was Harald that he found around the other side he doubted that he would be as nice to him as he had been the first time round. The creature had better watch out should he return as there were a lot of others that would also like to have a few words with him. The thought made him laugh as he walked into the unknown.

ooc: Ciceron is dressed up as a vampire and he chose to go north.

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Her normally vibrant pelt and abnormal but still elaborately lavish costume were coated by a dusty and cryptic half shadow, the whispers of the stalks that she had gently made it through now menacing in the chill moonlight as they shuddered about her halted frame. She was lost, but not willing to admit it yet; the still as whole half of her indigo and gold adorned scarf sang out gently as she turned her raised head about vainly to see a way out or from where she had come. Settling on a direction to her right (truly south) the corsetted gypsy made a few steps forward, but hesitated; the wolves she'd heard earlier had sounded again, from a nearer distance - and dead ahead of her angle.

Unknowingly taking a turn to the north, she headed away from the sound, cursing her jingling costume with each step; nearly every edge of the damn thing and herself was rimmed in bells, from her hooves to the frivolous ends of her patterned scarf, and they were hard to silence in such close quarters as the already dry and noisy husks under hoof.

Still, if they ate her, she'd look fabulous - albeit dusty - while dragging a few to hell with her.

The racing of her heart drew her focus about to the swish of the loose silk across her chest, torn open from the stalks in her corn field venture; the snug fit of the corset like piece comforting in a way that constricting items sometimes were, occasionally the sound of a severed bell tinkling to the dirt at her hooves to lessen her austentaciously noisy steps. Over many minutes that felt like hours, it seemed the corn had begun to thin - to what end, she could not know until it was too late to turn back.

[ still in her gypsy costume and heading north; I hate tablets, also. Tried to modify ten times last night before I gave up :| ]
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

The dead dog apparently didn’t like me. Ask me how I knew? Well… Fina was the first to announce the change — my ivory patches shifted color while the bitch sang. Orange, the same hue as said glowing lantern like lights. A quick glance at heels just to make certain only succeeded in making my heart sink.

I didn’t have a chance to snarl or plea; others received far worse than me, some might say my luck was superior considering the situation. Rather suddenly, a wolf’s howl started up, soft at first then rising. Helovians around me frozen, midway cursing their changed state; some lucky souls coveting the prizes said bitch gave. I stiffened and felt unconsciously for the warm pulse of my collar—a small comfort to know that at the very least power was still within me. I could still feel my Lord.

We stood by like scowled children afraid of the dark. Feet shuffling uncertainty but ready for the next part of this crazy journey. Around us the world was altering itself, melting away piece by piece. First it was a mare here, a stallion there. They disappeared one by one, and as they vanished my alarm grew in height. Sun kissed wings slipped apart from barrel, beating once in preparation to ignite this body into heaven should the need come. Fina screeched as our world slipped apart and soil slide beneath shoes.
No pain.

Earth stopped moving moments later, our surrounding had changed from decaying landscape to unfamiliar stalks that stood many hands taller than me. While I peered skyward, Fina glanced back. My mind could feel her little heart speeding almost as fast as mine. She found the sky before me, spreading those golden wings. Disheartening images began to trail in quickly after, panic shivered us both.

“Endless,” She whispered. Inky fear blotched our souls, I shoved down the emotion and shut it behind steel doors. Wings pumped on both shoulders and heels, soon I was joining her; together we soared above the maze of flora that seemed to go on for miles. My pristine cloak fluttered in the wind and the crown that seemed to magically balance upon my skull didn't so much as flinch out of position. I veered west, following the pattern of corn below. We were going to get out, orange hair, heel/helmet wings and all.

OOC: Heading west. Midas is still dressed as the greek god Hermes, and Fina is his living staff.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd268...olour1.jpg

^Image of Hermes^ Only difference, Midas is wearing a white robe.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
With a fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene

A constant rustle of corn droned in Ampere's ears like locusts in the summer haze. The white cloth around her head, covering her ears, only acted as a minor muffle to reduce the cacophony from a roaring irritation to an irking throb. The fabric itself was perhaps even more annoying, keeping her ears from slicking back in their displeasure. Her face remained free of the cloth though and was constantly thwacked by the stalks as she pressed around them.

It felt claustrophobic and a rising panic clawed at her throat. For a creature so born of the sky, being trapped on the ground as she was gave her a horrible anxiety. Now that she was down here she hadn't the room to fly out, although a green backpack strapped against her wings wasn't going to make it any easier. The appendages somehow fit through the loops of the pack, but it made her wings sit awkwardly on its bulk, the edges sticking out and catching on the corn giving her an overall disheveled appearance.

Unknowingly she already sported the blue of her Finn ensemble, and had long ago turned a stalk of corn into an electric sword, its body drifting at her side like a comfort in this dark and confusing maze. Its light not only guided her but afforded a nasty burn to any foe it might encounter as it probed just ahead of her.

Twisted around even as she was, unable to see the stars for guidance, Ampere made a choice to go West, wherever that direction may truly be. Rustling from a distance warned her of another body nearby and her ears pricked, best as they could manage under the pale hood anyway, her blue lightning sword soon competing with the red glow of Fiona as Ampere came upon Midas' path.

[Ampere is dressed as Finn from Adventure Time! Ampere goes West.]

A M P E R E
DREAMING OF _R E V E L R Y

bronzehalo.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

It didn't matter how many times Kahlua clicked her heels and said there's no place like home because it wasn't working. Her hooves were even painted a sparkling ruby red color... she just didn't understand. She'd done everything right. Blue dress, red heels, wicker basket hanging from her mouth... A plush toy dog even sat in the basket. She was Dorothy through and through. It certainly seemed that way now, at least. She couldn't remember how she got into this corn maze, perhaps it really was a tornado that carried her away from home and plopped her here. At least she didn't have a house to drop on a wicked witch.

As she came to a divide, and heard rustling behind her, Kahlua turned to find that where there had just been a path, there was a path no more. Her lips turned down into a frown. She wasn't as scared as the first time she had been in this strange land, because although the mushrooms had plagued her for a while, they seemed to be gone already with no sign of return. Sighing and turning back forward, Kahlua wondered if she would be able to find a scarecrow man to call her friend. Perhaps she also needed a tin man and a lion to complete the ensemble. Certainly that would take her home, right? Sighing, she turned west (for it looked the most inviting to her) and carried on, looking about her for a straw man to call her own.

OOC| Kahlua is Dorothy from Wizard of Oz and went West.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Kelec Posts: 18
Aurora Basin Crafter
Stallion :: Other :: 18 hh :: 24 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

The place was cursed. It had to be. Why else would he be unable to find his way out of the darn cornfield? A frown wrinkled the forehead of the red-haired man, the grimace setting the golden wreath of bay leaves askew atop the head. With an irritated gesture he adjusted it and kept staring at the rows of tall greenery as he walked by, intuition telling him that he was way off path even though the senses suggested that he had been heading north.

Actually, it wasn't just the ground, the path he walked on, that was cursed. He was too. The sneezes kept rattling his brain, surely an allergic reaction to either the foul vulture or the rotting mongrel that simply wouldn't stop. How long had it been going on now? It felt like days, but the passing of time was indiscernible at it could just as well have been weeks or mere hours. If it hadn't been for the tail though, he could have accepted it. But seeing as his lovely, flowing ginger tail had been replaced by a vile looking pumpkin vine, Kelec was far from pleased. He hated it, the feeling of it slapping the hocks as he went, the rustling of the leaves that sprouted from the green stem.

At least he'd gotten rid of the armor. The midnight-blue tunic and red cloth that now draped the broad shoulders and chest were far more comfortable, even reminded the centaur of the garments he used to wear back at home. While missing his normal black leather vest, this was a vast improvement over the cold black tin jar he had been stuffed into before.

As the road ahead suddenly split, Kelec stopped and hesitated, a front leg lifted in indecision as he peered this way and that, trying to figure out which path to take. If his nose had been as keen as a real horse's he might have been able to sense the presence of others in the vicinity, equally lost souls heading for disaster; unfortunately though the horse-man thought himself alone. The tail-vine flicked once in frustration, then he heaved himself forth in a short canter and a look of grim determination on the face. He wanted to go north; guts told him that it would be the left path. At least he knew a theory for how to get out of mazes; always turn the same direction, and he would find his way out.

ooc: Kelec is dressed as a Roman Emperor, and is heading North.

Taras Kalapun @ Flikr

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
When you feel my heart, look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide

It was the night truly she loved, with it’s offered sanctuary in eerie darkness and cold companionship in the shining, precious moon who seemed larger than norm on this cloudy night. It was a time she could relate to, a misunderstood shadow, a shiver run up her spine and enjoyed the sense of fear that came with it. The lonely wolf cried out to whoever chose to listen, a death cry to most, but there was something quite beautiful about it. Like the flash of dazzling light before the rumble of thunder, there was a flip side to every coin. Ghost had folded in her wings and decided to walk like her unicorn ancestors, hooves finding their way into a cotton field without even knowing how they had managed to get there. A slight frown crosses her features, continuing onwards at a wary gait, eyes attempting to dart everywhere as her mind played tricks with the shadows. As she travelled further, not really knowing which direction she was going in, a thin piece of black material brushed against her sides.

It was the month for scary stories and haunted woodlands, the time of year that was both hated and loved, a time, in Ghost’s opinion, to celebrate. Though her own mind was not very adept on the creative side of matters and she the best she had come up with was a rather large draping cape that hung over her ears and cast shadows on her face. A harmless, rubber reaper blade was tucked underneath and strapped on with leather buckles to her right shoulder, the head of the blade popping out of her cape. She winced now and then when the leather straps nipped at her skin, the whole ordeal was rather uncomfortable, but it did make her feel much more in character. A grim reaper. It was the best her uncreative mind could come up with and she was rather proud of it, even in it’s simplicity.

Just when the inky belle thought she had indeed managed to get well and truly lost, the path ahead split into sections all heading north, west or east. Her steps halted and she sighed quietly, he first thoughts thinking of turning back, but when she looked behind her the road that had once seemed so sure had now vanished. Something odd indeed was happening this night. The cape made it hard for her to use the feathered appendages she was blessed with from her sire’s heritage, which left only one other option; to chose a path.

There was no real reasoning to her decision to move off to the east, her hooves simply favoured that direction above all others and so that was the way she went. Ears curved in interest, but her face as always was devoid of anything other than concentration.

[Ghost is dressed as a grim reaper & chooses to go east]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I walk slowly, Sameira tagging behind me. This time, we are a different duo. I have stepped into the enchanted land again, where I had met Harold. This time I am not a princess, instead I am a girl with frilly, bouncy blonde locks and a blue dress. I didn't know why this little costume had been thrown to me this time, instead of me earning back the pink gown. I hadn't taken the time to look at my costume until now. I had a blue dress/blanket wrapped over my body, its color resembling the noon sky. My little legs had been given four white socks and my once grey hooves had been darkened. My mane and tail had been dyed a lighter, sun bleached gold, curled at the ends, (my hair had randomly grown a bit for this costume, how odd!). A basket was hung over my shoulder, held there by a thin blue ribbon, little rainbow colored cookies were scattered about in there along with a few bottles of clear liquid. They either read 'eat me' or 'drink me'. Oh Sameira.

Sameira, Sameira.

She had the worst of it. Her body was doused in white paint, and her body was covered in a little red vest, a pocket watch chain hung from the pocket. Her ears looked longer somehow, and her nose looked pink. She had little round glasses with gold rims, the little glasses sat on her snout, adding to her look. She yapped at me, frustrated with her costume. I giggled, looking down at her as we walked. She had an angry look in her little eyes, shaking herself multiple times. I can't hold in my laughter, my giggles echoing off the trees... or... wait.

Where were the trees?

Confused, I look about, swallowing the knot in my throat. We were in a strand place, a maze. A long corridor of corn stalks lead this way and that. I stood at crossroads... my little heart suddenly wishing to jump from my breast. 'Momma?!' I wail in my mind, wishing for her to appear in my mind, just for the comfort. I feel a sudden presence, my heart skipping a beat. Even I cannot aid you in this twisted thing.. Her voice fades, and I'm left to shiver in my socks. Inhaling, I haul myself east, wishing desperately to find my way out.
"words words words"
[ amara is alice from wonderland and sameira is the white rabbit. they chose east. ]
Image Credits

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda
CONFUTATIS
I've been eaten from the inside out

She moves quickly, liquid smoke pouring down the path, the ash of her mane glinting in the light of the heady full moon. Her costume is simple; her flesh is decaying, crumbling off her bones. Hideous burns have been painted onto her charcoal skin, glistening a sullen red crimson. Blood, composed of crushed raspberries and full of seeds, drips down her shoulder. Flies, real ones with hairy black legs and flickering trasparent wings, buzz around her, landing on her wet eyes and whirling around the fake injuries.

Confutatis moves almost lethargically, at the stately pace a predator adopts when fully fed from a rich kill. The path, worn beneath her hooves, she follows silently, not uttering a sound of protest as sharp blades of cut corn cut into her frogs and slash at the hair of her lower legs. She is quiet, an epiphany amongst the clamor of the living, and she listens to the haunting howl of a wolf. A queer smile lights her face, curling her sooty lips into a chilling grin, exposing her yellowed, blunt teeth. There is a friend out there waiting my arrival.

The path splits before her, creating a 'T'. Instead of halting, she moves forward, hooves thudding softly on the earth, just a shadow moving along the road, unhesitating.

She follows where she believes the howl of the wolf comes from.

North.

calsidyrose
Join the Regime.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Look down, the ground below is crumbling
Look up, the stars are all exploding

A cool wash of milky-blue light shed across the path of the young dappled mare. Keen she was to explore beneath the fullest, largest moon she could remember, and with a brave smile she glanced upwards towards its gleaming face. The ravening call of a native wolf some distance away drew Africa’s attention downward again, just as a shiver crawled eerily along the bony length of her spine. She had not travelled here before she thought, though the choking scent of her kind, of other Helovian souls, clung thick and pungent to the crackling grass beneath. Occasionally she paused to consider their identities, rummaging between the dried grasses with whiskered lips, but seldom was she able to recognise those who had passed through first.

Around her slim shoulders was draped a sheet, tightly woven with reeds and bulrush, glistening fresh green in the moonlight. It spread further back to cloak her rump, and downwards with enough length to skirt her scrawny red-dyed knees. At her right side, a large wing tinged ochre by the ground-down rocks of her homeland, stretched regally upwards from beneath the swishing brim of her costume. So too did the sheet reach upwards along her neck, with two narrow holes atop the poll to hug her listening ears. Her pale grey face was stained also with the thickly laden desert dust, the mask offering her a fierce and beautiful profile. Africa was dressed this night as a Dragon in honour of those she had met throughout the last year. The small scaled creatures had left naught but a tender impression in her heart, and so fitting was her choice.

Soon her wandering led to a vast field of corn- unusual she thought, passing a curious glance backwards to where her bonded rested comfortably, over the entwined fronds. Silas too was watching with mixed interest, his shining black eyes darting cautiously to the old, worn track laid before them. Left and right she drifted along; compelled to continue although neither Zephyr nor horse could tell where they had come.

With a sudden jerk Africa halted. For a moment she wondered if perhaps she had fallen into sleep; whether this were a dream, or another curse. She could not remember how far she and Silas had walked, and an uneasy feeling began to swell through her trembling body. Peering down, reaching with fluttering nostrils, she assessed the unexpected fork in the road- that which had wrenched her from that tranquil surreal state. Three definite directions lay before her, each shroud in new, spooky darkness- clouds now blanketed the night sky, and only by the grace of her recent cave-dwelling was she truly able to see. She turned, considering quickly that a swift retreat in the direction she had come would surely be the safest option, but alas the path they had been following was no longer. The corn had grown densely in behind her and Africa began to tremble more, stirring a worried chirp from Silas.

With an apprehensive sigh, she stepped forward, selecting at random the path that seemed to lead East.

credits
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
OPHELIA
A lifeless face that you'll soon forget

Ophelia was alone except for Tinek. She wandered, lost in the forest, stuck in some ridiculous fibers. A large, red cape of some sort, fastened around her chest by a gaudy chain trailed behind her. On her knees were red hearts and the normal, white lashes on her face were painted black. A tiara circled her skull and a series of little hearts were painted under her red eye on her right cheek. Tinek was simply in fits, though he had to admire her beauty and regal airs seemed so fitting now. He had always thought of his bond-mate as a wonderful queen.

She stared icily at the cornfield she found herself in, walking along a worn and wandering path with no lack of irritation. The mare snorted, looking to the sky when she realized that clouds overhead were obscuring the sun. Would she be out here alone? She had to get away from here, find her wait out. The mare craned her neck to try and see over the corn and finally jumped upward, seeing nothing but endless rows. She sighed.

"Do you see anything, Tinek?" she asked. The dragon frowned and shook his silver head.

"I see nothin' but corn," he replied in her head, sitting on the red cape on her back.

Ophelia frowned. "Well this is simply nonsense," she muttered aloud. As she walked forward, she came to a fork in her path, and she barely considered the directions before going north. The cold had always been her friend, hidden her in tragedy and protected her in its pale and stunning coat. Perhaps now, north would not fail her.

[[Phi goes north!]]

Image by Twistyh-stock @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Circe Posts: 101
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
M.E.

The shadowmere stumbled; her tail was a wild snake in the air, desperate to bring balance to its lady. She tripped on white fur—the circlet on her brow slides askew. There was the sensation in her jowls that, only moments previously, she had been holding some kind of item, some sort of weapon of slender, polished wood and refined metal; Circe supposed she had dropped it somewhere along the way. She supposed little in this moment.

The dead grove in her home was nearly depleted of apples; Circe was thankful for that. Her taste for the rancid fruit was abhorrent to her. Whether she lacked self control, or she had become addicted to the fruit’s effect, she couldn’t say; the shadowmere ate of it because of the thoughts that raced in her mind, the pale white moon that hung heavy in the air, mocking her, subduing her. At first, the dark mare had searched for her sons in the dead of night—then she had remembered they were asleep, having lain down for the day—then the fields before her seemed different, skewed somehow, yet it ultimately made no difference to the shadowmere’s crusade.

“Come and face me!” she snarled, sight blurry and speech slurred, her gait unsteady though she moved with the languid grace of her blood, “Mine desires shall be requited tonight, you great white bitch! Once more, she tripped over the soft white pelts that hang from her shoulders. She snorted; the moon sat on a northern throne, and Circe’s eyes blazed, her stumbling gait angled toward the offending celestial body.

“HERA!!” she screamed, her throat raw with the passion in her breast. "HERA!!” A hiccup punctuated her shriek; her eyes grow heavily lidded. Her tail, exhausted with its charge of keeping the shadowmere steady on her feet, failed; she was thrown sideways, brought to her knees while the earth pitched under her feet. She scrambled once more to all fours, blindly following whatever path she is now set upon.

[Circe is dressed as Crossbreed Priscilla. Drunken Circe tries to go North, but ends up going WEST]

talk

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Have you ever had one of those days where you don't know what the hell is going on? Let me tell you a little bit about one of those days that I had.

It started off with me deciding that I wanted to go for a walk. I didn't have anywhere in particular that I wanted to go, I just wanted to walk. It wasn't so weird that I ended up in the middle of a field, there are a lot of places in Helovia that I haven't discovered yet. What was weird was that I was suddenly wearing something that... I still don't even know what it was, but I looked like a honey bee.

Whatever the stuff was it was yellow and black and was wrapped around my middle, constricting my wings to my sides, which was very uncomfortable. From what I could see I had little honey bee wings attached to the stuff that was wrapped around me. I even had a stinger attached to my butt, antennas on my head, and black and yellow striped things wrapped around my legs. Even my pretty golden hooves were black. I still think it had to be some kind of prank the gods were playing. Either way I wanted to get out of there and when I turned to leave I found myself in a maze.

How convenient, right?

I didn't know which way to go so I turned left and went that way, hoping that it would lead me out of the maze.

ooc:// Ranjiri is dressed up like a honey bee!
She turns East

words

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
 </style>

The wind whispers on, a brisk gale out of the north; as the path continues on before you, you might hear a devilish cackle, a frightened shriek, and pained squeal. You might wince, or cry, or laugh, whichever is in your nature. In any case, you realize that there is not other option than to continue onward, and you must simply pray that you do not make a wrong turn.

Ciceron, Illynx, Kelec, Confutatis, and Ophelia go North and are met with no resistance. Eventually, they come to a fork in the road. Will they pause to consider the less treacherous path? From the West, the wolf's lonely howl reaches their ears again (has he moved?); but then it changes, and a pack's voices rise to join together in a hunt-song. From the East, an ominous groaning emerges. Which path will they take?

Luneia, Ghost, Amara, Africa, and Ranjiri go East and are met with no resistance. They, too, halt at a fork in the road, and are left to consider the North (which looks horribly dark, even at night) or the South (which glows with a sickly, blood-red sort of hue). Which path will they take?

Midas, Ampere, Kahlua, and Circe go West, and quickly come upon a dead end.

Midas, who has risen to the skies, is met with a most unfortunate cloud of purple, which tinges the previous normal colored parts of his pelt a brilliant violet. He is now an odd mixture of orange and purple.

Ampere, who has remained on the ground, begins to glow in the dark, perhaps to serve as a beacon for those around her, but perhaps only (as seems more likely) for the amusement of the maze.

Poor, unfortunate Kahlua follows along, but the other two are not longer within her sight. As Kahlua makes her way to the end of her row, a scarecrow ambles out of the stalks and, with an eerie grin, leaps onto her back, where it seems he is quite comfortable to stay.

A drunken Circe stumbles in her wake, though she cannot hope to keep up with those more sure-footed than she; a particularly nasty slip brings her far too close to a rather foul-tempered plant, which proceeds to let loose a nasty stream of black liquid as a deterrent. Unfortunately for Circe, the liquid is accompanied by a horrific smell, which now clings to her pelt.

The maze seems to laugh at their misfortunes.

Ciceron, Illynx, Kelec, Confutatis, and Ophelia, please choose one of the following:
East
West

Luneia, Ghost, Amara, Africa, and Ranjiri, please choose one of the following:
North
South

Midas, Ampere, Kahlua, and Circe have been eliminated.

This challenge is a luck-based challenge in which you may select one of four (or less) directions each round. Should you go the wrong direction, you will be eliminated from the game, and your character will meet an unfortunate end which may hold a curse of some kind. Should you continue in the correct direction, you will be rewarded with a randomized prize! More than one winner may be declared.

Rules:
1) You may join only once per player. In other words, you are only allowed to join one character.
2) You may select only one direction in each round. The four options are: North, East, South, or West. If one of these options is unavailable to you, you will be informed.
3) Your character must be in costume!

You have 48 hours.

Good luck!

words words

Image Credits

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Look down, the ground below is crumbling
Look up, the stars are all exploding

The eerie wind whispered through the gentle weaving which bound the reeds together into Africa's hand-crafted Dragon-suit. Beneath, her warm skin prickled as the strange, rushing breath touches against it, cooling the sweat which stains the hidden grey dapples a coaly sort of black. The young horse's only wing clenched tightly against the flapping cloak, sleek and glossy in the unnatural half-light, all feathers flattened with nervous tension. She was not frightened- more anxious as she trekked carefully along the beaten path which curled on (endlessly it seemed), into the east of the vast, creepy cornfield.

Occasionally, more often than either Africa or Silas would have preferred, haunting cries and other grim sounds peeled through the thick, intimidating silence surrounding them. Silas stood rigid where he remained, though soon after they had turned onto this path he had clawed into a more elevated position atop his beloved's pointed, clothed withers. Bravely he held vigil there, searching always around them for any flickering movement, or any sign that these wretched noises were unnervingly closer than presumed. With little other option, and the corn closing snuggly together at their rear, the friends continued on cautiously.

Soon they stumbled upon another fork. Through a reluctant sigh Africa questioned aloud, that trail which seemed to turn northward. "I can't see more than darkness Silas…" The young horse groaned; peering intensely through squinting rows of thick black lashes. She turned then towards the other option which guided them in the opposite direction to the south. Both she and the Zephyr's breath choked as they gazed suspiciously down through the narrow gap in the corn. There, a horrid red haze seemed to illuminate the path and Africa began to shake her head definitively. Silas too found no appeal down that course, and was relieved when his friend turned back NORTH and stepped past the fork, to continue that way.

Naturally, the night-dark creature felt more at home and as they descended into the thick cloud of darkness, a trail of dusty starlight streamed behind him. All around them, sinister laughter echoed as though from the maze itself.

credits

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Many sounds echo around from all directions as the stallion continues forward determined to find the way out of this stupid maze. As the path yet again splits in two his pace stills scanning each route with much scrutiny only to be yet again dismayed at the neverending stalks of corn. Lashing his tail against his sides in frustration a sigh escapes his throat. How long would this adventure continue? Would there ever be a conclusion to this madness or would it proceed forward? Now was one of the times that he wished he could take to the skies and feel free to go where he pleased without the limitation of being earthbound. Others before him had wings gifted to them yet so far he had not heard from them, had they taken the chance and escaped or had something else met them in their flight?

Whatever was causing these strange occurances would likely want to control every aspect of the game, without a doubt something would have prevented flight becoming an option. The faintest of wind rustled through the corn stalks picking up his cape for brief seconds before it once again fell slack against his side. This thing was beginning to be more of a pain then it was worth, it would be nice if it would just stay in its proper place and not be so itchy! Careful to avoid the artificial fangs this time he grasped the fabric between the cusps of his incisors to put it back over his loins. Once satisfied yet again he debated on which way he would chose this time to bring him to his freedom. Closing his silver eyes he allowed his other senses to focus on picking up anything that may serve useful. One direction brought the distinct sound of hunting wolves while the other emitted some strange groaning sounds from heavens knows what.

Now the only question was did he want to risk running into a pack keen on the hunt to kill or shall he take the risk of whatever lay to the east? Carnivorous wolves could be dealt with should their only be a couple but a pack proved to be much more formidable causing his luck to run thin. Weighing the options his decision was clear as he turned to the east with confidence. Senses on high alert he moved as silently as possible down the eastern path curious yet unsure as to what would behold him around the next turn. Hopefully his senses would prove to be correct and lead him out of this hell.

ooc: Ciceron travels East still dressed in his vampire costume.

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
The thinning of the corn field revealed two paths through the stalks; unusual, but welcome none the less, the mare stepped into the open area between the two divergences. Happy to be out of the pressing and claustrophobia insighting rows of corn but still quite lost and on edge, her nostrils flared broad and, if one looked closely at the soft flesh, they would find it full of blood that pulsed with the pounding of her heart. The song of the wolves sang out again, a haunting note slipping in from her left, but all desires to immediately bolt down the right path were slowed by a gutteral groan from some unknown source.

At least she knew what wolves were.

Frustrated and growing weary from fear, the gypsy damsel paused to look long and hard down each path. Her months in magicless darkness hadn't properly prepared her to see down dusty corn paths, however, and she found that she couldn't see very far down either road. A snarling sigh escaped her, a forehoof slamming itself into the ground in an eruption of bell sounds, her ears held cockeyed and eyes mildly deranged at this point from the sheer stress.

Where was the Basin? All she wanted was to find her way home, and never in her life had the warrior hearted mare so desperately desired her mommy as she did right now. There was no mommy though, only herself and the choice of moaning monster path A or wolves waiting for an Illynx buffet along path B. Either one didn't settle well with her, her nerves already thinned to the breaking point. To make matters worse, as she started off along the right path just as a horrendous scream came from the shadow behind her; sending her falsely composed walk into a nervous shuffle that, with only a degree of more speed, would be a trot.

Perhaps it was not wise; the darkness did not allow her to see her feet so clearly, and the speedy flailing of her hooves were not the most graceful or stealthy of movements. But a women afraid didn't often make logical decisions, and this was surely one of those moments.

[ Illynx heads east. ]
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I forget how long or how far I walked before the path forked into two different directions. One way was extremely dark. It almost seemed like all of the light had been sucked out of the area and it kind of scared me a little. The other way glowed red and seemed just as menacing as the other. I wished that my wings weren't constricted by this stupid thing wrapped around my middle because I would have simply taken to the air and left this strange place behind.

I stood there debating with myself for a few minutes before I finally decided which way I wanted to go. With my decision made I turned toward the path that glowed red. Why? Because it kind of reminded me of Momma. I know how silly it sounds, but I found that way seemed more comfortable than the really dark one. And if it glowed then there had to be light, right?

I found myself wondering, as I walked through the maze, if the stinger that was attached to my butt would actually sting something. All I knew was that the maze was giving me the creeps and my fight or flight instincts were already at war with one another.

ooc:// Honey Bee Ranjiri goes South

words

Image Credits

aud pixel!