the Rift

this is my kingdom come [OPEN]

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

When the storm had slammed Nocturne, completely enveloping it within moments and leaving shelter out of the question, his only thoughts had been of Alysanne. Her heart did not belong to him, no, but he had sworn to protect her. The dunskin tobiano stallion had sought her out in the storm, braving the blizzard in his smallest (and possibly riskiest) form - the flammulated owl. Flying low to the ground, with the ever-present hope of spying her sooner, he honed in on the beautiful pegasus with the vibrant green eyes. The moment she was within his sight (the figure was faint but he knew it was her), they crossed some sort of threshold or invisible barrier.

Miykael shifted instantaneously, crashing to the ground and skidding in the thickening snow.

His magic was gone. His wings were now always visible and the tips had lost their singed edges. Yet as disappointed as he truly was, for he could no longer sense Aly, he was glad for the loss of his upper demon status. Miykael was... normal again. Miykael stands, slipping a bit in the heavy, wet snow and without any hesitation he continues after Aly; hoping and praying that she wouldn't ever get hurt now that his healing powers had vanished.

The dunskin tobiano, with his large white wings tucked tightly against his sides, pressed on for days, weeks and even months. The storm eventually cleared but the scent of others became scarce, leaving him little choice but to continue on. As he crossed the threshold into the forest, her scent became more distinct and identifiable but as his vivid blue eyes scanned the trees he did not see her. With a sharp exhale of breath and a shuffle of his wings, he moves slowly and quietly through the forest; comforted, a bit, by the scents of other horses.

Perhaps she had chosen to settle here.
Perhaps someone here had met her or knew where she was.

Moving on and forgetting about Alysanne was not a thought that would ever cross his mind but perhaps his heart could, someday, give up the fight for her affections. Her heart, he knows, belongs to another. Yet their friendship will never die.

Miykael slows to a halt within a very small clearing in the trees. Closing his blue eyes, the dunskin tobiano takes a moment to bask in the heat of this new area - finding the warmth to be a welcome change in climate over the course of his fairly chilly journey. His ears are wide open, listening intently to everything around him. The tawny and white pegasus lingers here, wondering who - or what - would approach him first.

your eyes, they shine so bright - i wanna save that light
MIYKAEL; SON OF AN ANGEL*       ************

image credits
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace hummed softly to himself. His ears were perked and alert, moving to and fro, seeking out some kind of sound other than his own voice. Something about the Threshold was beginning to bring him such joy. There was nothing like finding wanderers and showing them a home within Helovia, whether it be his home within the Foothills or not, all that mattered to Solace was seeing others safe from the Threshold into the Wilds or a herd where they would be happy. Many simply came to recruit for their own numbers, and ensure the growth of their herds. As nice as it would be to bring someone else home, he had to remember the Foothills wouldn’t be home to everyone.

For a brief moment Solace came to a stop and glanced about. He ceased his humming and took in every detail of his surroundings. A sigh escaped from his lips. All day he had been searching for others without much luck. With a flick of his long green tail, Solace turned and returned to his humming and trotting. After a short while, the scent of another filled his nostrils. Immediately, Solace turned his body in that direction and began moving toward the smell.

It didn’t take long for him to find the newcomer. Before approaching, Solace studied the stranger. A winged one, and a stallion, physically he seemed capable enough to live amongst their numbers. Solace glanced down at his feet and noticed a stick, he pressed his large hoof upon it and the loud snap echoed through the area. Now that the giant thought the winged one was alerted of his presence, he approached. He made sure to be within an obvious line of sight of the stallion. Solace stopped a good distance from the other stallion, hoping to not push into his space or make him not feel threatened.

“Greetings brother,” He said, dipping his head to him. “I am Solace, of the Windtossed Foothills. I welcome you to the land of Helovia.” Now would be the time to observe the other stallion, see if he would be suited to live amongst the Foothills.

Speech.

Image Credits

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

I WILL LIVE FOR YOU

Though Xanthos had just came back from his venture, he was not taking any breaks from his honored job. Recruiting. He had never been too swell when it came to inviting others into his home, but he needed to catch up on what he had missed during his absence. Azel moved quickly behind him, but was playing around while trying to keep up. Even if the cub was now 8 months old, he still acted like a small child, just now learning how to control his paws and legs. Xanthos could only chuckle slightly and then stop for his companion to catch up. ”Where did you learn how to walk, young one?” He chuckled and then continued on when the cub was at his heels, smiling.

It had been a while since the steed had traveled into the forest of new comers, but that did not stop him. He would prove his rank well and continue along with his process of gaining new members of the Qian. Even if Mirage had told Xanthos that he had no reason to please her from her invitation to come to the Edge, he could not resist but to keep their family growing, for Mirage’s sake. He could never pay her enough for giving him such a place to call home. She had blessed him to well for he to ever stop. Xan would serve her well, until the day he laid beneath the soil, his skin rotting and his bones dissolving. He would never stop serving underneath his rightful leader, for she was too precious for him to even think to quit.

As he came along a small group of two, he came along the side of a green-maned stud. Azel jumped to the dun’s withers and rested there, tired from the long journey. Xanthos eyed his companion carefully as he felt the razor sharp claws dig into his soft skin. ”Sorry..” Azel yowled before resting his small head into the mane of Xan. The steed looked back to the group and dipped his dome in a warm welcoming. ”Good day, brothers. May I be assist?” His calm voice was appointed to them both but mainly the new comer, seeing as the draft was already settled to a home. ”I’m Xanthos, of the World’s Edge. And my friend here is Azel.” The dark maw pointed towards the yellow cat resting on his back.

BEFORE I DIE

Credits

Outcast

As he stands within the seclusion of this small clearing, exhaustion abruptly begins to settle in. His journey had, after all, been a long one; one that resulted in many restless nights. Predominantly because his thoughts had never left Alysanne. Not even once. Not even for the briefest of moments. For now, surrounded by the aroma of many other horses, Miykael felt comfortable enough that his mind simply cleared. No thoughts. No fears. Just simple existence. His eyes remain closed and his ears remain up and alert. The stallion's focus is on the sounds of this new place; birds, bugs, the sound of the wind rustling through the trees. Very little escaped Miykael's notice. Some things, however, were bound to slip by unnoticed. He is but a flawed creature.

With the snap of the twig, the tawny and white pegasus opened his blue eyes. While the sound did not startle him, it did awaken his caution. A scent, new and fresh, wafted into his nostrils and as he turned his head he saw the other approaching him. Everything about this stallion's approach is respectful and nonthreatening. He is of a heavier build than Miykael, though the slightest bit shorter, and his mane and tail consist of a lovely shade of green. Green. Alysanne. Her eyes are a lighter shade of green, more vivid like fresh blades of grass. Miykael exhales softly, the image of her bright yet innocent and laughing eyes burned into his memory.

Once again she filled his every thought.

The stallion shakes his head, presumably to rearrange the long, dark tendrils of his mane. In reality, it was simply an attempt to shake her from his thoughts; an attempt that always seemed to fail. Regardless of the outcome, Miykael shifted his bright blue gaze towards the other. He keeps his distance, lowering his head in mutual respect. There are no threats here, no discomfort: only the formal comfort of strangers embarking on acquaintanceship. "Well met, Solace. Thank you for the welcome, brother." Miykael responds, his voice rough from months of disuse. Helovia he muses, wondering just how this place differed from his previous home.

Before he could continue, before he could introduce himself and find out about this place, Miykael catches movement from within his peripherals. Shifting his blue-eyed gaze, Miykael watches the approach of the other stallion (and his feline follower) intently. The dunskin tobiano remains mostly relaxed with a hint of caution, despite the presence of the feline on the other dun's back. When this new one speaks, Miykael once again dips his head respectfully. "Well met, Xanthos, Azel." He says, his voice slowly returning to its' normal quality: deep, resonant with the slightest hint of a brogue. "I'm Miykael, of... elsewhere." he adds, this time addressing both stallions. "I seek a new home. My old one has become entirely uninhabitable." Miykael pauses, wondering briefly of the others he had known and his children in Nocturne. The pegasus was at a loss for what he could do now or what he could have done at the time and as a result, he moves on and simply hopes for the best.

With kindness in his eyes, Miykael returns to the conversation at hand. "What are each of your homes like?" he asks, his friendly curiosity evident in his tone. He makes no mention of Aly but despite any and all attempts to set her aside in his mind for the time being, the green-eyed angel remained steadfast in his thoughts. Once settled, Miykael would have no choice but to seek her out. Should lady luck be on his side, however, he'll find her in his new home.

your eyes, they shine so bright - i wanna save that light
MIYKAEL; SON OF AN ANGEL*       ************
image credits

Adoptable

Solace noticed another. He glanced over at the other arrival, and studied him silently. With the stranger was a cheetah, yet another companion. Bonding was such a foreign concept to the stallion, but it was slowly becoming more familiar to him, almost normal even. When the stallion mentioned his name and herd, Solace committed it to memory. Xanthos of the World’s Edge, yes he would most definitely remember that name. Solace always remembered names of those he encountered. Mainly for the sake of the small chance their paths would cross again. Here in the Threshold though, it wasn’t highly unlikely they would see each other again. Many come here to bring in new blood to their herds.

Solace politely dipped his head at Xanthos and his companion in greeting, but then turned his attention back to the winged one as he spoke. Miykael was yet another name that he committed to memory. A bit of curiosity sparked within Solace as Miykael had been so vague about his homeland, but he wouldn’t pry into his business, that was far outside of his place.

Again Miykael spoke, a question was directed at Solace and the other stallion. He glanced at the other stallion, hoping he wouldn’t mind Solace speaking first, but afterall, Solace had arrived first Besides, it wouldn’t truly effect that much which herd the stallion chose based upon who spoke first. It would solely be where he thought he could thrive best.

“I come from the Windtossed Foothills,” Solace began, “This lies at the base of mountains in the Northeast. It has forest within it and a gorgeous waterfall that flows water throughout our lands.” He paused and collected words to speak of the herd itself rather than just the land. For the inhabitants were far more important than the land. “The herd within the Foothills is simply called the Foothills. We are led by Apollo the Merciful and Phaedra the Opulent. The Foothills is a family, we are bound to each other not by blood but loyalty.” Silently he wondered if he should mention their mercenary days. No, Solace thought to himself, Especially not with one of the World’s Edge there. We aren’t the Grey anymore anyways, we are the Foothils. If there were further questions about the Foothills history, he would answer willingly but at this moment there wasn’t. Solace looked over at the other stallion, telling him that he was done speaking for the time being.

Solace was intrigued as to what this stallion would say about he World’s Edge. He himself was curious of the place Xanthos called home. All he had ever even heard of the place was related to the invasion that happened. The invasion was the catalyst for all of the leadership of the Grey to abandon the Foothills, leaving Apollo and a couple others to pick up the pieces of a fallen empire. From their failures the Foothills was coming back, and it was being reborn stronger than it ever was before. The very thought brought warmth to Solace’s heart. Even though he hadn’t been in the Foothills long himself, that was most definitely home, and he hoped that it could possibly be home to the winged one as well.

Image Credits

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

I WILL LIVE FOR YOU

Azel jumped to from the dun's back to the soft green ground. His paws carried him toward the buckskin paint, curiosity taking hold of his little harmless heart. As he came along near his legs, Azel curved his body and purred, winding himself around the dark legs. Xanthos looked from his companion to Miykael's soft eyes. "Do not worry brother," The steed told his friend, "He means no harm." Xanthos smiled and then looked to the spotted feline again. "Is he afraid?" Only he could hear his companion's words, and that was only through his mind, not through words. Xanthos did not know how to answer that question and so he looked back to the new-comer with soft orbs. The male didn't look threatened nor afraid, but he couldn't exactly tell.

"What are each of your homes like?" Xanthos smiled, as he had been waiting for the moment to talk of his own home, but he let Solace talked first. As the green-haired stud talked of his own home, Xanthos listened carefully, searching of what may be important to Mirage. Indeed, he did receive a surprise. “The herd within the Foothills is simply called the Foothills. We are led by Apollo the Merciful and Phaedra the Opulent." Once named The Grey. Once led by Ktulu the Constrictor and Ophelia the Forsaken. What had happened while he was gone? But Xanthos knew much of what had happened outside of the Foothills. Psyche, his no-longer-queen, had stepped down from the leader of the Basin and rumors had spread that Deimos the Reaper, and Ulrik the Egineer now lead the land of unicorns. But he had yet to report that to his leads, he planned to do so soon though.

Xanthos returned to reality, seeing the studs staring at home. Solace had finished and now it was his turn to speak of his land. "The World's Edge is a land of peace." The steed stated and smiled, raising his dome high to the air. "We do not seek revenge nor battle. Just peace. We give the ones that do not have a special place, somewhere to call home. Mirage the Dragonheart and Thor the Gentleheart are our Weyrleaders, which we proudly serve under." As he spoke of his queen king, he smiled with loyalty. "Hence our land's name, we live at the end of the world, and the beginning of the seas. We serve the Moon Goddess, for she has graced us during our hardest battles of which we've came out to be victorious." When Xanthos dipped his dome once he finished. Now all he waiting for, was a response.. The Foothills or the Edge?

BEFORE I DIE

Credits

Outcast
m i y k a e l
AND IF LOVING HER IS HEARTACHE FOR ME
AND IF HOLDING HER MEANS THAT I HAVE TO BLEED
THEN I AM THE MARTYR - LOVE IS TO BLAME

The day is hot, though fully welcomed and embraced by the dunskin tobiano. So hot that even the occasional breeze slipping through the trees and sweeping past them felt warm. The silence between the trio of males is brief and within moments they proceed with business. Miykael is here to find a new home (and to find Alysanne but that is of another matter entirely). Exhaling softly, he shifts his position to one more relaxed and more comfortable. The big cat that had accompanied the second stallion seemed harmless and for that Miykael is glad. As the cheetah moved towards him, he purred and rubbed himself on Miykael's legs. With a soft chuckle, the dunskin paint lowers his muzzle towards the cat and nickers gently and quietly in greeting. 'Don't worry brother, he means no harm' he heard Xanthos say. Raising his head once more, he looked to Xanthos. "Forgive me for sounding... ill-informed," he begins, pausing a moment in order to gather his words carefully. "but, what is he exactly?" Odds were high that he'd need to explain but even Miykael didn't know where to begin. Where he had come from, not everything was as it seemed and odds were high that any cheetahs he came upon were simply demons in disguise. This one, Azel, seemed to be of a different sort - less demonic, more natural.

But one could never be too careful.

Miykael turned his attention to Solace, then, listening as the green-haired stallion informed him about his home. The Foothills sounded very pleasant - the trees would certainly make it an easy adjustment for the dunskin tobiano stallion. They would likely remind him of his previous home where he spent much of his time in the forests of Beta Corvi. When Solace spoke of loyalty - a concept near and dear to Miykael - the stallion nods his head in approval. "The Foothills sound wonderful." There is a warmth in his eyes and a hint of joy. Miykael settled in, digesting the information provided to him while waiting (mere moments it seemed) for Xanthos to describe his home. When the other began to speak, Miykael focused his attention on him. His eyes, as blue as the clear summer sky, are soft though intently watching the other. Peace. He mentions peace and the dunskin tobiano's heart skips a beat.

Nocturne had never known peace.

Miykael had never truly known peace. Not even when he died and became an angel.

Only strife. Only sadness. Only the endless battle between good and evil.

The thought of peace warmed his heart and inevitably pulled him towards the Edge as a future home. Miykael, however, knows that complete and endless peace is impossible to achieve; thus making his decision far more difficult. As a being that values loyalty and peace - Miykael finds himself torn. One part of him is drawn to the peace and change of scenery that the Edge would provide while the other part of him is drawn to the familiarity provided by the Foothills. After a moment of silence, the pegasus glances from one stallion to the other. "This is quite a difficult decision." he finally says, his uncertainty clear. "Both places sound like they would suit me well." He pauses, shuffles his white wings uncomfortably and attempts to make the decision. After a moment of silence, the stallion continues. "Although, I must admit that I find myself pulled towards the World's Edge. I would love to visit the Foothills someday in the near future should I be welcomed." Miykael offers Solace a soft smile, hoping he hadn't offended the green-haired stallion. "Perhaps we will meet again soon, brother Solace." He adds, lowering his head respectfully to the stallion. After a moment, the dunskin tobiano shifts his attention to Xanthos (and his feline companion) and offers him a friendly smile. "Lead on, brother Xanthos. I am eager to see the Edge."
image credits

Adoptable

Solace listened as he questioned the other stallion about his companion. The question was quite reasonable to him. What species the spotted cat was, was unknown to Solace as well, but he had grown used to the strangeness of Helovia. Many things within the land were confusing and overwhelming at first, especially the strange familiars that wandered with their bonded.

After he finished describing the Foothills to Miykael, he saw the warmth. Then Xanthos began to speak about the Edge. A place of peace, he wasn’t sure what to think of this place. Had they found him within the Threshold it wouldn’t have surprised him if he had chosen that path, but Solae wasn’t the same stallion that had entered the Threshold. All of the changes within his heart was from the Foothills, and this Edge would have just let him remain within his same routine. Seeking solely peace was something of the past for him, but he respected those that just wanted to live a simple life, and part of Solace still clung to a simple life, but he was in a place where he needed purpose. The Foothills gave him purpose.

The stallion’s uncertainty is evident to Solace, and he couldn’t blame him. Choosing a home was a drastic decision that could make a pivotal impact on one’s life. When Miykael made his choice, Solace returned the smile toward the other stallion. No ill will was held toward the stranger. He chose the place that his heart had been drawn to, and all that mattered to Solace was that he would be happy.

“I am sure you would be welcome to visit,” Solace said dipping is head at Miykael, and he cast a brief glance at Xanthos. His expression made it clear that he expected this stallion to take the utmost care of the newcomer. “Our paths may cross again, and I hope the roads you travel in Helovia bring you joy. May you thrive in your new home.”
With that, Solace turned and walked off into the trees. There was no reason to linger here, home was calling to him.

text

Image Credits