the Rift

[OPEN] It's Only a Reflection

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.
a b i s h i a
there's always a dawn before the day

I had traveled a long ways, or so it seemed. But not to worry! I had my ghost friend along side of me the whole time! He was very nice, and I have even learned his name too! Lorel. It was hard to pronounce, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it pretty soon! He sorta just disappeared, saying that he had to go and that he would be able to come back later, and so I just stopped thinking of him. I think I can trust him anyway. I had come along this damp forest, but it was really pretty for such a dark place, with all the black birds flying around stalking on me. I had grown tired and hungry, but my mum wasn't here at the moment. Mummy said she had to go off to find her own mum. I wanted to go with her, but when she said no, I didn't even bother to argue with her. That wouldn't be very nice. My little tum tum was growling at me too, but I had to take my mind off it. I didn't want to have to eat that nasty green stuff again. I think it had already poisoned me anyway. Maybe that's why my tummy was growling at me!
Well, I was on a mission! I had no time worry about my tummy! I was on a important mission.. To find new friends! I only had my mum, daddy, and Antheia. OH! And Lorel! But one.. two.. three, four friends were never enough for me! I wanted to have a thousand, million, gazillion friends! If that's even possible. But I would make it possible! I'm sure if mummy has tons of friends, that means I can have a lot too! I just need to find some. Though, as I came to a stop in the middle of the deep forest, all I could find was a shiny pond. I step closer and closer, inches away from the edge of the blue. "W-ow." My eyes turned big and round with a surprised expression. There was a bunch of pretty little sparkly pepples within the waters, and I just wanted to jump in, hoping I would become a shiny pepple too! But then again, I liked my original form better. I was very pretty, and I attracked all of the little boys! I think that's how I met Lorel, but I don't really know. Maybe I was attractive and very cute! He just didn't want to admit it! I snorted and looked down at my reflection. Mum's and dad's reflections emerged into the waters too, but only in a ghostly form. I smiled and nodded, knowing they weren't actually beside me.

WC :: 454
TAGS :: Open!
NOTES :: Open to anyone. c:

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
[Image: 33lf0ao.png]

I don’t understand my behavior
This knife is my savior
My only wish is to be heard
I just don’t care anymore
One day I’ll settle the score with myself

I find great comfort within this forest. It is thick and provides good cover, which permits me to move about unnoticed. Perhaps had I not chosen to reside within the Asylum, I would have selected this place. It is an ideal hunting grounds if I ever feel the need to discover some kind of Sinner within it. I hum softly to myself as I move through the forest at a slow walk. For once I feel myself rather relaxed. I’m in significantly more pleasant mood than usual. Maybe it’s the fact I haven’t been disturbed by Seele and her band of nutcases. I have been able to keep to myself and scan this land for sinners. But of course, I have been remaining within the swamp and the forest.

My ears perk forward when I hear the sound of a voice off in the distance. My curiosity is peaked and I slowly walk toward it. A short distance I see a small filly beside a pond. What parent would be so foolish to let their foal run about without supervision? Especially within a place such as this, only the gods know what creatures lurk around this child. I can already see a pack of wolves finding the child and devouring her. I’m not the type to give a shit about foals, but my good mood gets the better of me and I approach the little one.

“Isn’t it dangerous for you, little one, to roam within these woods all by yourself?” I ask stepping up from behind so she can see my reflection in the water. “There are many kinds of monsters lurking here.” I step beside her and look down at my own reflection in the pond. A scarred and spotted face stares back up at me. Then I turn my head back toward the child and look her up and down silently. Already I can tell she has potential to be a beautiful mare, if she’s careful. All it takes is one mistake and beauty can be taken. “I hope that mother is nearby, because it is unwise for you to leave her side when you are so young.” My tone lacks the usual suspicion it usually contains, but instead it maintains a cold undertone to it.

Deep inside I care very little about whether this child is devoured or not. But I feel as though if I perhaps give her warning she’ll return to wherever her parents lie. Withholding my name from the child will most likely make me seem all the more predatory, which is something I usually seek but I don’t wish for the child to run home crying to her parents about how she met a scary stallion in the woods… Especially if they turn out to be sinners. “I am Vulture.” I say to her simply.

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Wild.
a b i s h i a

I stepped in, almost falling from the lack of balance in the waters. My tiny hooves walked along the smooth forms below them as I looked down into the waters to watch as I moved slowly. Though, I had bad luck, I didn't turn into a pebble, but I did become shiny! The clear water rinsed my little body free of mud and burs. "D-ank you!" I smiled at the pond and then stepped out, gazing back in it as I turned around. Now there were three figures, two mares and a stallion. One was Antie(Antheia), my mummy's adopted mum, but the other two were still unknown. I had seen them a lot, they seemed to follow me around where ever I went. I had seen mum look at them, so I knew she could see them, but when I said something in front of others, they acted like I was just a foolish child. And let me tell you, I am not foolish! I'm a pretty, pretty princess.
I kept starring at them until Antie told me that I needed to run. After that, the water rippled and they were gone. But another real reflection came into view. "Isn’t it dangerous for you, little one, to roam within these woods all by yourself?" I jumped away from the figure and looked at him with fear in my eyes. "I'm-- I'm sorry if this is your place. I- I just wanted to explore, it's very pretty out here." I smiled and walked a little closer to him, but made sure to stay inside my own little bubble and not interfere with his. "My mum isn't here. She left Helovia, to go see her old home. It's just me." But I wish it wasn't. I really wanted a nice friend, one that would be in my life the whole time. One that I could play with, hug, and snuggle with when it gets cold. Mum told me that their are these Gods and sometimes if you're lucky, they will give you a pet! And guess what I want! A puppy! A little, cute, fluffy puppy. All to myself.
His name was Vulture? That's a bit scary, for a name anyway. I heard vultures are meat eating birds! Now that is scary! Maybe he is a bird, and it's a secret. But, that was none of my business anyways. I raised my little head as high as it could go and fluttered my eyelashes. "I'm Abishia."

WC :: 414
TAGS :: @[Vulture]
NOTES :: If you don't want to be tagged
every post please tell me and I will stop. c:

lines

Deceased
Adoptable

This knife is my savior

I see the fear in the filly’s eyes. She speaks and I cock my head slightly to the left. My place? It takes me a moment to realize she means my territory. I shake my head. “This isn’t my place.” I respond, “Even if this place was ‘mine’, I’d find no reason wrong with you being here.” I say matter-of-factly. Children aren’t necessarily harmless, so I make no notion of moving away from her when she comes closer, even if is a threat it would take but a moment before she would be drowning in her own blood. I know how to use my horn, and this little filly has nothing to defend herself with. Unless she has some kind of magic I am oblivious about, but for now that isn’t a concern to me, she is relatively harmless it seems.

Then she speaks of her mother, and how she abandoned her. My ears swivel back and I think of my own mother. She hadn’t ever been a constant presence, she would come into my life, earn my affections and then leave. Part of me feels a bit of empathy for the child, but the other part of me feels utter rage toward the mother that had abandoned her child. This mare is unworthy to be called a mother. Leaving such a young child alone within this harsh world is even cruel in my eyes. I know that it is most likely evident on my face, but I force down my rage for the little one’s sake. I may as well let her have her innocence as long as possible. Already I fear what can happen to this child. She will face the world alone, just like myself. I had no in my life as a child to protect me. I was shaped by the agonizing tortures of this world.

“Your mother left you all by yourself?” I say, empathy pouring into my words. Wait, do I actually sound kind? What is going inside of me? I am the unbreakable heart. The one that kills without batting an eye and here I am, feeling sorry for a child. I should leave now, forgetting I had ever encountered this child, push her into the back of my mind and never see her again. But instead, I stay.

She raises her little head and flutters her eyelashes. So, Abishia is her name. I commit the name to memory, just in case this filly proves to be an enemy in the future, or if I am ever to encounter her again. But I also trap it within my mind so I don’t forget her. A young one that was abandoned just like me.“You know Abisha, my mother left me to.” I say. Unsure as to why I am, but there seems to be nothing wrong saying this. “She was too busy pursuing lovers to care about her own child.” Acid seeps into my voice. The filly doesn’t need to witness my long-held grudges. The whole purpose of my statement was to let her know I understand.

“I know how it feels to be left alone by your mother. How scary it can be… But most of all I know how sad it can make you feel,” I say, my voice soft and gentle. It has been years since my voice has sounded this way, and I can feel my facial expression soften as well.

"blah blah blah."

@[Abishia]

Hidden Account
Wild.
a b i s h i a

I stopped where I was, knowing I shouldn’t go any closer. Mum always said that there were cruel strangers out in the world, even that some might be monsters in a costume. So I kept my own little boundaries. He was still a stranger, even if I knew his name, I didn’t know him. Although he was nice to me, mum says anything can go wrong and that I should stay clear of the monsters. She had also said not to go to the darker parts of Helovia, but it wasn’t dark here near this pond so I didn’t count it as a threat. Yet, when the owl cooed above me, I almost jumped out of my own skin.

“Your mother left you all by yourself?” I nodded and looked at the with a saddened face. I didn’t know whether my mum didn’t care for me no more and that she had actually just went away for a while but was planning to come back. From the way the Vulture said it though, it sounded like she wasn’t going to come back at all, not even to come say goodbye and leave again. But what confused me most was daddy. He hadn’t left Helovia with mummy, he had stayed with me but ran off after mum was out of sight. I hadn’t seen him since my birthday and I was beginning to not even care. I never got to know him like I did with mum because he never stayed around with us at all. So I guess he didn’t really have a relationship like me and mummy had, and I don’t think he ever will.

My little snow ears perk as the Vulture starts to speak how his mum also left him and I looked into his eyes for the first time, hoping to not see the signs of anger. Of course, there was a speck of maybe a little bit, but that was all I could recall. I knew I would become angered if my mum left me alone forever, but I was yet sure to know if mine was coming back or not. So until then, I could only hope that she would. Because I didn’t want to be alone forever. I had heard stories of the ones that are left alone and how they sometimes die from starving or just being killed by the monsters mum always talked about. I didn’t want to be one of them, I didn’t want to die.

As the male’s voice became softer and more gentle, I wasn’t afraid of him no more. I felt as if we had a lot in common and that we could help each other. But that was only my thoughts and I didn’t know how he would act. I had to try though, it was worth a chance. I moved closer to him, rubbing my soft coat against his, hoping to receive a little warmth. ”I’m sorry sir, but may I stay with you? I don’t want to die.” I told him in a low tone, the fear starting to show as I spoke of death.

WC :: 524
TAGS :: @[Vulture]
NOTES :: Sorry for the long wait!
I've been really busy.. D;

lines

Deceased
Adoptable

This knife is my savior

The sound of an owl catches my ears, and then I see the filly jump. Good, I think to myself, At least there is some fear embedded into this child. Fear and caution can sometimes be the only thing that keeps you alive within this world. If there only one thing that this filly’s mother could give her, I hope that it is caution.

She nods at me, I can see the sadness upon my face. All I feel for this filly is complete pity. Yet I know precisely how she feels. Oh how I wish I didn’t. I wish I had been one of those lucky few who got a mother that doted on them, loved them, and showed them pure kindness. I wish I could’ve been like this filly in my youth, but I was destroyed in and out. I became a creature of fear and malice by the time I was a mere year old. I’m not sure how Abishia is, but I know she is hardly more than a newborn. She is around the same age when my own mother up and left me. I hope that she doesn’t end up like me. Dark, twisted, and heartless. I don’t wish anyone to be like me. Those who can live life with a sense of joy and optimism hold my envy. They live a life of ignorance.

I watch the filly walk towards me. All her fear of me has been thrown the wind apparently. She rubs herself against me. The touch is a bit startling to me, I can’t remember the last time physical touch didn’t involve some kind of violence. Her touch doesn’t shock me as much as her words. Stay with me? What!? My immediate answer is absolutely positively no, and I almost open up my mouth to firmly tell the filly this, but I find my words caught in my throat. My mind wanders to myself as a colt. Wasn’t I in the exact same place? Didn’t all I want was to be free from the pain I was in? All this filly wants is to live, and that isn’t much to ask for. But I know she can’t stay with me, I am nothing but trouble. I’ll destroy her from the inside out. If she takes one look at the darkness I fight she’d be completely broken. Just like myself. I want this filly to find value in life, and not to end up like me. Not be a wandering soul consumed with vanquishing souls of the wicked.

“I don’t know if you want to stay with me kid,” I say, “Where I go trouble follows. To you, I’d be a bad, bad guy.” I’m surprised at how my tone isn’t forcibly gentle, it just is. “I’m willing to help you find someone that will help you though, and protect you from things that may try to hurt you… And if I can’t find someone that you can stay with that’ll take very good care of you, I’ll take you in and care for you myself. I promise.” I want to gag on my own words. Did I just make a promise? I cannot believe I just did that. Whatever this filly is doing to me, I am not sure that I like it.

. "blah blah blah."

@[Abishia]