the Rift

[PRIVATE] don't forget the violence

Histe Posts: 99
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Merikh :: Cougar :: Paralyze ali

| Histe | Mare | 5 | 15.1hh | Equine

The scent of blood was heavy in the air in a place where it usually smelled of fresh grass and flowers. Histe much preferred the bloody smell that now permeated everything. It was intoxicating and almost arousing. Almost.

She had her back turned on the scene where only moments before a mare and a stallion, both unicorns, had been lost in the throws of their passion. Now they lay separated, in a heap of bloody flesh and disemboweled organs. The stallion hadn't even managed to get his rocks off before he'd been felled by Merikh and Histe. The cougar had leaped from a tree branch hanging over head and dug his claws into the stallion's shoulders as his jaws latched onto the base of his neck. There was a crunch and a pop, a scream and a thud, another crunch as Histe's hooves crushed his skull.

The mare had panicked and tried to run, but in her blinding fear she had fallen over a tree root and in the fall she had managed to break one of her legs. Histe might have just let her go had she not fallen, but her sobbing in fear and pain had been annoying and so she had sent Merikh to silence her. The brindled mare was giddy at the site of the cougar's strong jaws clamped around the mare's throat. She had pleaded for her life, but it lasted only seconds before her voice was nothing more than the sound of blood gurgling in her throat.

A feast had followed shortly after. Merikh used his claws to slice open the stallion's belly and Histe began removing organs gleefully. Part of his intestines hung from a low tree branch, his stomach was tossed carelessly by a tree trunk, lungs were ripped from his chest cavity and lay in the grass, glistening beautifully in the sunlight. His heart had been consumed by the mare before she moved on to the mare and decimated her insides like she had the stallions.

Now she stood content, her left hip cocked so her hoof rested on its tip, her belly full of meat and grass. She looked the vision of contentment and serenity and anyone might have thought she was just enjoying the day, but her coat was painted crimson with the blood of the two she had murdered, bits of skull and brain matter were plastered to her hooves, and blood still dripped from her maw.

There was nothing like a good murder or two to start the day.

@[Ricochet]
credits

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

There was death on the wind, a faintly familiar scent of strewn entrails and freshly torn innards, crushed lungs daubed in clotting blood and hearts pumping out life onto the earth.

So the Incendiary followed it, his dog scouting out the path ahead of him like a good mongrel. They headed towards a cluster of trees, slim branches dragging on the earth, leaves a thousand hands fumbling on the rich grasses. Ricochet is reminded faintly of the Lush Oasis, except the earth does not squelch beneath his hooves and mud does not bubble up where he steps. The tickle of the branches brushing over his back, lightly scarred by the searing acidic rains so many weeks ago, whispered a warning to him, if only he had opened his ears. Alas, he did not, he ignored the cautions, and trudged through the branches.

Something wet drips onto his shoulder, splattering into a greasy crimson spot. For all his reckless arrogance, he starts, muscles locking beneath his buttermilk pelt.

Blood. He tips his head up. Another drop hits him, this time just above his teal eyes. Red drips down the right side of his face, tainting his vision scarlet, but it does not hide the gristly image above him. Intestines, mottled gray and ugly pink, swaying eerily in the breeze. How did guts get up there? Mystified, he watches the tubes move in the wind in morbid fascination. Who would waste time with putting the entrails of some horse in a tree? For a moment he puzzles over this, before shrugging and putting it aside. Lest it was a horse, he cared not for the fate of a skyrat or stickhead. Let them rot, and let the birds feast on their worthless bones.

The branches part, trailing desperate fingers down his flanks, fragile bird-bones clinging to him.

Guns barks, a short staccato of rapid-fire warning tearing through the thick silence. His teal eyes seek out the familiar figure of the black-and-white dog. If he were not the Incendiary, he would be unnerved, but he was the Incendiary, son of Gunslinger the Unbroken. "Guns, HEEL!" Ricochet shouts, pushing his way through the protective trees shielding a calm pool from the eyes of spectators and busybodies.

The collie comes trotting back, carrying a unicorn's horn in his slobbering jaws.

Surrounded by blood is the mare he met so long ago, all cracked smiles and wild eyes, one leg cocked easily beneath her despite the body parts strewn about her. Unicorn corpses, chests cracked open. Their hearts are missing.

God, was she this fucking insane when he first met her?

"Histe," Ricochet rumbles, stepping around the unseeing head of the unicorn body. A smile creases his lips, hesitant at first, but widening, a cruel grin. "Do tell me you did this yourself."

R I C O C H E T
I only want you to see | My favorite part of me
And not my ugly side, not my ugly side

HP: 49.5
We want you for the Equine Empire.

Deceased

"Guns, HEEL!"

She heard the bark first and the voice second. Slowly, Histe's head turns in the direction it came from and she watches, ears tilted forward showing her interest. Another victim? Or would this happen to be someone she already knew? Maybe someone from the past or someone who was newly recruited to the Asylum. Would she attack them when they showed themselves or would she be content with the two kills she already had for the morning? As she pondered the questions she watched the dog dart out of the woods and grab hold of a unicorn horn and take off back into the woods. Histe frowned and with a tilt of her head, however slight it was, Merikh took to the trees and was in pursuit.

No one stole from her.

The cougar was gone for only moments when the stallion arrived and recognition dawned on Histe almost immediately, though the expression on her face remained one of unhappiness. How dare he come strolling out there and talk to her like his fucking mutt hadn't stolen from her. She ground her teeth together as he told her to tell him that she had killed the unicorns herself. Who the fuck else would do it? she wanted to ask, but instead her eyes narrowed and her weight shifted so that she had all four hooves planted firmly on the ground.

"Your dog took something that belongs to me." Histe said, her voice low. "I suggest you return it before he joins them." It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that she was referring to the two dead unicorns, but then again she didn't know Ricochet to be the brightest horse that ever crossed Helovia's Threshold.

And if he should react negatively to her ultimatum? Well, they'd had one fight before and she was certainly up for another.

@[Ricochet]
credits

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

The last time he had seen the cougar of a mare, she had been stalking through the trees of the Threshold, testing him with her barbed words. He had responded as always had- with hot anger flushing his body, hooves stirring on the dry ground, teal eyes turning to daggers, his sentences clipped short. Once, he might have liked that- if it had been his father instead of him, just like Eva challenging his sire. Except Evangeline had never quite been like Histe with her acid rain; she had been diplomat, not a fighter.

Where’s her cougar now? Ricochet can’t see the lithe predator, not here and not over there. His nostrils flare, testing the air of the musk of damp fur and blood, but every scent is overpowered with the stench of released bowels and the hint of decay that comes with murder.

Her voice is a rasp closer to a stallion’s than a mare’s. For a moment he considers fighting her for it. It makes for a nice toy for his boy, and a warning to any other beasts having a horn on their head. Still, by rights it’s her, for she was the one to kill the lovers.

“My dog doesn’t go easy, just like me. You’ll find more than you bargained for.” The Incendiary’s ears slant back, the skin about his eyes going tight. “But… Guns, give.” The dog’s jaws open obediently enough, though he gives a whine of complaint. Ricochet knocks it forwards with a hoof insolently, never taking his eyes off Histe, not trusting her enough not to attack when his attention is diverted.

It wasn't worth picking a fight over, not when one day he would have all of the unicorns laying their heads at his feet.

“Do you often hunt unicorn?”

R I C O C H E T
I only want you to see | My favorite part of me
And not my ugly side, not my ugly side

HP: 49.5
We want you for the Equine Empire.

Deceased

"I fought you once before." Histe reminded Ricochet as he attempted to tell her that him and his dog would not go easily. "I was not as impressed as you would lead yourself to believe, little master." The grin that curls her mouth is the same wicked grin that she had the day he'd found her and charged in to fight her for attempting to kill his dog. Did he love the dog that much? Hardly. Was the dog useful? Perhaps. Would it be fun to kill him? Yes. She laughed then, knowing that it, along with the nickname, would grate on the stallion's nerves and anger him.

Her pale eyes watched the dog as it protested then released the horn from its slobbering mouth. Ricochet kicked it closer to her and she lifted her hoof then slammed it down on the horn as it slid under her hoof. It cracked and splintered and her gaze rose to meet Ricochet's and she wondered if he knew she was imagining crushing the dog's head under her hoof. Histe ground the horn into the dirt, this time imagining she had crushed Ricochet's skull and was grinding his brains into the soil.

Oh, if she could only project the images she often saw in her own mind. He would be running for the hills.

"Do you often hunt unicorn?"

"I hunt whatever I want." Came her reply. Unicorn and Pegasus were her preference, but she preyed on her own species as well. She remembered Jackal fondly, though she still didn't know his name or care to know it, for that matter. "I've hunted Equine." She clarified. "And I've hunted dragon." The wicked grin appeared again. "I would hunt you if I thought you were worth my time." Somewhere in the trees overhead the low growl of a cougar could be heard as it voiced its agreement, but he remained unmoving among the branches and leaves.

@[Ricochet]
credits