the Rift

[OPEN] Did I make your dreams come true? [AZZARON, open]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
I shouldn't be here. I really shouldn't be here. My gaze wandered over the oasis of sand and a heavy sigh left my lips. Hopefully nobody would attack me here. Hopefully. Hopefully. Dezba sat on my back, keeping watch for both of us. She had grown a little more, but she was still only three months old. She was still a cub. But she was growing everyday, growing more and more dangerous. Still I didn't regret choosing the jaguar as my companion, because the cat could be as feisty as me sometimes. Another heavy sigh. Everything was okay. Everything is okay. I had come here for a reason.
To meet Azzaron.
Taking a deep breath, I looked up at the big wall that was built around the Dragon's Throat. It had a passage that I wandered to, nervously observing my surroundings.
'Please, my Gods, please do not let anyone know we're here,' I pleaded, sending my thoughts to all of the four Gods. I had never been very religious, but in moments like this I was glad to have Gods to rely on. They existed, I had seen one of them. And heard of the others.

And there it went. I crossed the border, carefully putting my grey hoof in the sand on the other side of the great wall. Dezba meowed and swiped her dark tail over my rump and back, calming me slightly. But it didn't calm my racing heart or stop the sweat from covering my body. "Azzaron... Please, come to me." I whispered, not expecting anyone to hear me. Especially not my lover. I took a few more steps and was soon inside the territory, breathing fast with my heart feeling as if it would jump out of my chest any minute. Why was I so nervous?
My thoughts wandered to the Edge, where I had left my colt. Was he staying there, in the safety of the herd? Or was he exploring? I hoped to the Gods that he stayed in the World's Edge. I didn't want to lose my angel so soon. And my daughter... Where was she? In the Basin? In the Edge? With her brother?
It tore me apart inside that I didn't have wings and couldn't watch over them daily. I almost wished to be like Destry, having both a beautiful weapon upon my brow and gigantic wings to carry me through the air.
But no, I was stuck on the ground with my twisted, black and white-striped horn. I looked around again and let my ears flick in all directions. Was he coming?

TAGS: @[Azzaron]
WORDS: 434
OOC NOTES: I know I should be posting elsewhere, but Deli and Azz hasn't met for awhile :c Also, DELINNEISINTHEDRAGON'STHROATOMG o.o

it takes courage to grow up and
become who you really are

Table by Moonstone Designs
Manip by Aeolle
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Look down, the ground below is crumbling
Look up, the stars are all exploding

It was Silas- scouting which was his common preference while the pair dabbled in free-time, who spotted the stranger slipping so discreetly between the supernatural blocks in the Throat’s grand wall, firstly. The young Zephyr had taken a keen interest in the city’s defence, though it was rather a contrast to his mate’s more, tame, interests. Quietly he circled above her, at first so that his shadow passed only across the murky black of the towering wall. His young heart began to thunder as his keen interest began to swell. With beady black eyes, the midnight creature watched the stranger pass through until she was stationed within the desert realm, waiting. Dipping his wings as his path curled through another circle, Silas glided away from his lofty refuge and down fell his elegant shadow across the mare.

Africa felt the strange stirring of her bonded’s heart. He was not easily excited, she knew, and so with building interest she peered upwards in the direction from which he had parted to see if she could find his bird-like form in the air. Together, she and Silas had been developing the Zephyr’s new art, but it drained his energy quickly and so they had agreed to break until he felt fresher.

They rarely separated- never let distance build between one another, and on this occasion Africa noted with a tender smile that he was surveying perimeter once again. A light-hearted chuckle rumbled through the base of her throat as she considered his growing fascination with the herd’s army, the wall and all things military. In many ways the pair were as dissimilar as chalk and cheese. Their devoting to each other was something phenomenal though; their love unrivalled and unbreakable.

Slowly she advanced towards the spot beneath which he was now hovering, finding more and more as each day passed them, that her ability to navigate the slippery red sand was returning. Always a quietly modest smile turned the corners of her whiskered black lips, and it did not falter when she saw with surprise, the dark shape of another wingless horse.

Continuing at the same natural gait, Africa approached, sparing an upturned glance in favour of her beloved. Silas in turn began a gradual descent towards her.

Hello…” Africa sang cheerfully out to the mare as the gap between diminished. The young dappled mare had not witnessed the recent horror between herds and was relatively oblivious to any threat which lingered by the Throat’s well protected door. Never the less, she was more than willing to offer this stranger the benefit of the doubt- her kin were cool and mostly approachable.

Africa halted so that a polite space was left in their midst. Thoughtfully she took a moment to assess the unknown visitor, a curious expression forming across her lovely grey face. To her right side, the lonely wing fidgeted; the mottled lacework of glorious feathers shining in the early light. “Can I help you there?” Naturally it was not necessary for Africa to reveal her identity first- she was quite at home in the parched, brutal southern territory.

credits

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
The silence was making me nervous, and as I got nervous so did my bonded. We stood there for a while, when suddenly Dezba squeaked forth a meow and I concentrated on our surroundings. The shadow of a bird appeared on the ground next to me and I couldn't do anything but stare at it. But as if that wasn't enough, I soon found that the Gods had not heard my plea. A peg was closing in to us and I took a step back, laying my ears close to my nape. The peg was dappled grey and had a slim built, yet the most outstanding about her was the fact that she only had one wing.
On the mare's other side, was a scar and a few feathers.
Dezba growled quietly and I felt the vibrations through my body. Who was this one-winged peg? "Hello..." Melodic tones danced through the air and I almost stared at the peg.
"Can I help you there?"

Uh-uh. I took another step back and glanced up as the bird lowered itself to the grey mare. 'Companion,' was my only thought and I felt a wave of agreement from my desired. I cleared my throat and nervously flicked my left ear forth. "I.. I am here for my mate. He... He was sent here by Mirage." I said, but my voice was so low that I doubted that she had heard me at all. Both Dezba and I felt a cool breeze sweep by and I glanced down to see the wind playing with my black and white hair.
My gaze wandered to the mare again and I observed her. She had a silvery mane, but a black tail with red highlights. She was shaped delicately, with a hint of strength behind the mask of a youngling.

I guessed wildly that she was around half my age, even if she was taller. Her buttery-golden eyes gave it away.
"Who are you? And I guess that you live here." I said, I didn't hesitate a bit this time. By her scent I already guessed she lived here, because she smelled like heat and sand - which only made sense.
Dezba jumped down from my back - almost climbing down on my left, scarred side - and I felt one of her yet tiny claws bury itself into the old scar. I cringed and let out a heavy breath before I looked down at the jaguar. 'Be more careful, my desired,' My thought was soft but still had a slight harsh tune to it, and my companion flicked her ears back for a second. She apologized.
My blue eyes wandered again to the mare and I looked at her. Would she perhaps help me find my mate?

TAGS: @[Africa]
WORDS: 463
OOC NOTES: -

Manip by Aeolle
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.

Deceased
Look down, the ground below is crumbling
Look up, the stars are all exploding

As she waited unwearyingly before the stranger, Africa could not help but surrender to the instant attraction of her large wandering eyes, to the somewhat mystical appearance of the strange Unicorn mare. Naturally the grey’s long, slightly wilted though highly observant ears, remained trained to the other- and Silas who was by then perched like always upon the point of her withers, was ever the bold sentinel. Black was the visitor’s sleek coat, though as her toned barrel lifted with each breath Africa noted an exquisite sheen of subtle purple- just like Silas's. To the young desert mare who wore a fairly simple hue of murky grey puddles, such extravagance was more than breathtaking. To add to the appeal, streaks of jagged, forked lightning severed the shining black all across her rump, her long curved neck; and to a lesser degree streamed down across her cheeks beneath each feminine blue eye.

Africa exhaled at length and took a relaxed step forward despite the nervous reversing of her jittery company. A welcoming smile lifted into her calm expression, and she tilted her long face slightly, struggling to gather the breath of information that had been presented. Both respectfully and dutifully, she passed a sweeping glance beyond the still unnamed mare to the ebony cat (of sorts she thought inquisitively- Africa was learning the innumerable species in Helovia still), and nodded with perhaps small hope that her reassuring body language would ease the Bonded creatures friend.

Finally the darker horse spoke again, a little louder; a little clearer; and with little hesitation, and Africa drew a breath before responding. "Stranger," She began circumspectly and indeed deliberately, rocking her weight to the right as the sand began to slip below, away from her mass. "I am Africa and this is Silas, of the Throat, yes." Again Africa smiled generously despite the unforthcoming nature of the stranger would was quite possibly trespassing. Silas shifted too, restlessly, as the burning sun rising through an early above showered them with summer heat.

The feline slipped from its bed across the Unicorn’s dipped back and onto the hot red sand- an exchange maybe, was shared quietly between the two though Africa and Silas were none the wiser about its motivation. For now the dappled mare was reluctant to offer the duo shelter within her home, but the need for respite was growing and she spoke again when the other’s focus returned, encouraging the conversation gently. "What is your reason for coming here today? Can I help at all?" With confident grace she took another step forward, insisting perhaps politely that no secrets be kept while she was this side of the wall.

credits

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Feeling the mare watching me, I gazed over the bird that sat upon her shoulders. It was quite beautiful, only not as beautiful as my own bonded - according to me. I perched my ears when the grey one-winged mare started to talk and looked at her, avoiding looking at the shoulder where a scar replaced a non-existent wing. "Stranger, I am Africa and this is Silas, of the Throat, yes. What is your reason for coming here today? Can I help at all?" Didn't I already say my reasons for being here? I cleared my throat and looked as the mare took a step closer to me. Was she trying to be brave? What if I had been like Mandrake, innocent to the looks but dangerous on the inside? "My name is Delinne and this is my companion Dezba. We are looking for my mate, a light palomino pegasus named Azzaron. Have you seen him around?" Because I have two kids waiting to meet him. I didn't say the last part, I saved that for him. He had only met his son once and I wanted them to bond. Plus... I missed my golden lover.
The feline next to me straightened her posture and sat down, wrapping her tail around her small body. I straightened my posture as well and raised my head proudly, even if I was still smaller than her.
"I will soon leave, but I just want to know if my mate is here and safe." I said, looking at the grey mare. Africa seemed nice but her appearance said that something horrible had happened to her not so long ago. The scar wasn't exactly old.

WORDS: 280
OOC NOTES: so little muse, but I had to post ;_;

Manip by Aeolle
Remember?

Deceased
In the night the stormy night she'll close her eyes
In the night the stormy night away she'd fly

A throaty rumble vibrated warily through the feather lined chest of the Zephyr, propped guardedly upon the back of the dapple grey mare. His eyes were distrusting as they fixed to the visitor, black pupils pinning as they absorbed carefully her posture; her poise, though they were lost amid rings of shining black. There was something discomforting about the lightning-struck mare, something about her manner which set the little avian offside- and the suspicion in his heart spread easily through the sensitive soul of his Bonded. Unfurling his generous wingspan into the still, warm desert air he lifted between powerful thrusts, and began a gradual climb into the vast blue arc above. From that vantage point he would continue to watch, and also to monitor the steadiness of his beloved’s tender heart.

Africa smiled broadly when at last the other’s name was released, and she nodded gratefully- it relieved the misgivings which had begun to stir through her shrewd mind; especially given the recent invasion and circumspection throughout Dragon’s Throat thereafter. Courteously the one-winged mare retracted the step she had taken, all mystery surrounding the newcomer quashed; the lines of tension smoothed instantly.
She had not seen a stallion around recently who might have matched the description Delinne offered, though the young Pegasus did pause to think carefully. "I haven’t seen your mate I’m afraid, Azzaron." She presented the news sensitively, apologetically and then added quickly- "But he might be around, perhaps we have missed each other." Africa chuckled to herself light-heartedly and almost extended the wing which lay down her right flank, to comfort Delinne- a common gesture between the winged kind. She caught herself though, and shrugged instead. "Would you like to come to the oasis with me and ask around? You are welcome to stay for as long as you need."

Tagged: @[Delinne]

credits

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
"I haven’t seen your mate I’m afraid, Azzaron... But he might be around, perhaps we have missed each other." I watched Africa as she chuckled and shrugged in a weird move, making me look at Dezba quickly. The feline looked back at me and I felt that she was just as confused as I was. I didn't know this mare - we had just met - and I still didn't know if she was someone to trust. I was usually more friendly, but the absence of Azzaron made me more cautious. The idea of being cautious brought my thoughts to my foals, which of one rested in the World's Edge - I hoped. I did not know where my daughter was because our bond was yet to heal.
"Would you like to come to the oasis with me and ask around? You are welcome to stay for as long as you need." Africa's voice brought me back to reality and I stared at her for a second. S-stay? Here? I would cook to death in this heat! But I didn't want to be impolite in any way...
"I don't know, Africa. I have a little colt waiting for me in the World's Edge. That's kind of why I wanted to take my mate with me as quickly as possible..." I said, looking away and down in the hot sand. Where was Azzaron?

Wasn't he supposed to be here?
Didn't he promise to protect his family?
Why isn't he with me?

I gave up a heavy sigh and lowered my head, allowing Dezba to nudge my muzzle with her tiny scarred nose. Azarel was waiting for me and I didn't want to let my golden boy wait for too long, even if I missed his father. My gaze sought itself to Africa's honey eyes and I flicked one ear forward. "Are you sure that you haven't seen Azzaron? Anywhere? At all?" The two last questions were a bit more high-pitched than the rest and sounded a thousand times more desperate, but that was exactly what I was right now.
Desperate after my mate.

WORDS: 354
OOC NOTES: I'm sad so a half-sad post from Delinne fits perfect..

Manip by Aeolle
Remember?

Deceased
In the night the stormy night she'll close her eyes
In the night the stormy night away she'd fly

The desert lifestyle had marred the simple grey dapples filling Africa’s sleek thin coat; muddy puddles rippled and flinched at the irritating bite of brazen flies instead. To her rear, the stringy length of crimson and black tail flicked in response, snapping swiftly around to strike any pest who paused on the sweaty, hot body for too long. There was no escaping the thriving cloud which seemed to swarm in plague proportions through the weight of Tallsun, and while often Africa’s patience wore thin, she was longsuffering and knew little could deter them (mud perhaps was the only relief- but soil was not a substrate easily found in this type of brutal terrain).
As she bounced her long skull languidly through the dry, hot air, the veil of thick mottled grey forelock unsettled the crowd of flies which were assembling again with tireless ambition, in the corners of her mostly clean amber eyes. The heat radiating from the great wall above them was intense, and Africa felt as though she might bake beneath it.

She could not tell whether the mare before her was burdened with the stress of not being able to locate the stallion, Azzaron, and overcome perhaps by the frightful heat of Dragon’s Throat; or alternatively, if she was just of an unfriendly nature- yet another prickly personality who would remain ridged and abrasive no matter how pleasant and welcoming Africa tried to be. Never the less, the young grey held her character well and smiled through the brief, somewhat denigrating exchange the Unicorn shared with her feline companion. She had been through too much during the past year to let someone so inconsequential bitter her rehabilitated mind.

Africa could not personally relate to Delinne’s yearning to return to the young colt she spoke of in response to the earnest invitation. She had no children of her own, though she appreciated as best she could manage too, the other’s plight. She nodded quietly, her enduring gaze trailing the path lightning streaked mare’s eyes towards the burning, golden-brown sand. It seemed there was little Africa could actually do to help this visitor.
Delinne tried again, and obligingly Africa pressed her mind in search of any palomino stallion that might have passed her through the oasis- or canyons, or beach… The shrill note of her voice did strike a chord with the one-winged Pegasus’ heart and she felt suddenly a deep desire to help the aloof creature before her; to ease her mind and soothe her soul.

"I honestly haven’t Delinne." Africa’s expression had mellowed from the happy-go-lucky weightlessness, to something more sombre and empathetic. "Why don’t you return to your colt, so that is one less pressure upon your shoulders. I will search Dragon’s Throat for your mate, and come to you with him if I can, or at least with news of his wellbeing and whereabouts." She smiled tenderly, hoping that her offer to help might ease a little of the worry in her mind- that which centred on finding him herself anyway. It was not an empty promise Africa made either. She would search tirelessly and ask through the clan for any sign of the golden stallion, Azzaron.

Tagged: @[Delinne]

credits