the Rift

[DROP] Musical Night [SS-Common]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The evening was warm and cool and for once, everything seemed to be right in the world. The moon over the trees was full and stunningly round while the little bugs chirped quietly in the trees. No breeze ruffled feathers or hair, and no cries upset the serenity. Everything was wholly sound. Each creature sang its only love songs. Frogs croaked quietly in the lake, seeking a mate.

Sitting on a series of lilly pads with a little orb under foot, a massive toad croaked rather loudly, blinking white lids. He had obviously rescued it from being drowned and forgotten, a kind task for such a instinctual creature. After seeing others approach, the orb's savior and guardian jumped into the water and swam away.

The creamy orb still waits on the lilly pad, bouncing languidly in the middle of the lake on this gorgeous night. Now, the egg needs a new protector. Wade into the water and pull the egg to shore. But be careful! If the egg submerges, it is lost forever and you destroyed the egg.

This is based off of a dice roll! The first phase is being able to reach the egg first and the second phase is getting it to safety! A certain number will not make it to the egg and get eliminated via dice roll and then the second set will be rolled between to determine who gets it to shore.

This is a COMMON Species Specific drop. (Griffin, Dragon, Zephyr, Rougarou).

UPDATE!! :: This ends in 96 hours!

darknightoftroy

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

F inally, I was feeling some peace. I had been wandering through the lands for a while now, lost and confused. But tonight, tonight a feeling of peace had descended upon me, settling over me like a cloak, and I could eventually breathe easy for a while. This eve, the air was cool and calm, so quiet that I could hear the crickets chirping and I came closer to the lake, I could hear the frogs croaking, calling for their mates.

Everything was so serene, so beautiful as the sun descended down below the horizon, casting a light orange glow across the clearing and bouncing off the ripples on the lake. The beauty of it all caused me to pause in my wandering, to stop and take in the splendour of my surroundings. I watched as dragonflies flitted across the surface of the water, and fish occasionally flipped out of the water, causing droplets to spring into the air, catching the last rays of the sun and sending tiny cascades of rainbows back into the depths.

As I glanced around, my eyes enlightened upon a creamy orb, resting upon the pad of a lily, next to a large toad. It seemed like it contained something important, and something that shouldn’t be entrusting its safety to a small, slightly unstable water plant. My peaceful mood caused me to want to wade in to safe this orb, to pull it to the banks of the lake, to examine it and its content.

I dipped my hooves into the edge of the water, the feel of it was cool against my legs, it was strangely calming. It felt like the right thing to do. I waded in further, the pad turned out to be in the middle, where the water reached my chest. I felt it was only polite to greet the toad, and to tell him of my intentions, to make sure he had no aversions to my plan. “Good eve, Sir. I am sorry, I hope you don’t mind, but I would like to pull this orb to the bank, to stop it from falling into the depths of the water and drowning. Is that okay by you?”

I waited for a minute or two, but this orb was entrancing, and I wanted to know more about it, so I dipped my dial downwards and gently nipped at the stem of the pad to set it free and then I latched onto the pad with my ivories, and very gently started to tug it to the edge of the lake..

" "
Fugue
416 words.

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning
</style>

While most were thankful for the return of the sun, I still found myself favoring the night whenever it fell across the land. It was only appropriate considering Mother was the Goddess of the Night, but even with that aside, I was certain I would still prefer it over the daylight hours. In the cover of dark, one did not judge based on appearance, but rather, from the heart.

Having strayed from the comfort of my Foothills home, I barely took notice of where my feet even carried me. In previous days, my thoughts had been running more rampant than ever, relentless no matter how hard I tried to silence them. Even in the company of my fellow herd members, I found myself at a stalemate. I didn't know how to pull myself out of this melancholic hole I had fallen so deep into - maybe I was too far in to ever come back out, even if I somehow prevailed and managed to keep my head up when things got worse.

Up ahead, a chorus of bullfrogs caught my attention, their calls accompanied faintly by the sound of every other night creature residing in the grove. The crisp scent of water coaxed me deeper into the thick trees, and before long, I had reached a fair sized lake. As far as I could remember, I had never stepped foot here before, and I could only marvel at the moon's splendid reflection spread across the crystalline surface of the water. It was as I was admiring the beauty before me that my eyes glimpsed something else - a strange orb settled atop a group of lilly pads, and an equine.

"Excuse me," I spoke up as I resumed walking, this time at a quickened pace so that I wouldn't miss my chance to help the grey out if he required it. "Would you like some assistance, sir?" I voiced my innocent question, hoping that the stranger would accept rather than lash out. As I drew closer, I could see just how perilous a situation this orb was in, and even if I was clueless as to just what it was, something within me told me that it was important. Making my way to the shore, I slowed myself so as not to stir the waters into a frenzy and send the orb over the edge.

"blah blah blah."

[Bleck <___< Mesec seeks either a Rougarou or a Roc. Here is the link to Mesec's wishlist :3]

image by blu | table code by tamme
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
With a few new injuries scattering her hide, the white raven had come to the Secret Grove with the intention of bathing her new cuts in the lake. The spar she had just participated in had been brutal, but Arah was pleased with her effort. After all she was ready to go home, the ivory doe found herself rather homesick. Home was calling and Arah was realy to respond to the call.

Moving slowly towards the water the white doe heard a voice, cocking her head to the side the Impersonator believed that she had heard the voice before. moving further along Arah spotted Arlo and grinned. Apart from being a little more battered than usual, Arah was feeling rather happy today. Seeing a new friend made the entire situation much better, apart from being beaten up by another equine. "Arlo!" Called Arah happily, moving towards the stag, the ivory mare wanted to see what the stallion was looking at…or rather who he was talking to. She must have called a little too softly because the equine soon padded out into the lake. Arah wasted no time, she trotted forward too see what was going on. The situation became much more interesting as another colt padded out into the water to join Arlo. What was happening? Her movements were elegant and quick, the beauty moved with excitement and an inquisitive nature. "What is he up too?" Muttered the mare.

Finally she stopped on the shore, together they were working at pulling an egg back to shore. "It's beautiful!" Arah whispered, she too was enchanted by the very outline of the egg. Grinning at both of the males then looking back over the egg, Arah immediately wanted to help. It was a sweet little thing resting on the lily pad, "I'll come help you gentlemen, just stay calm and don't rush." Moving off to the side, so the ripples created by her entering the water would not reach the egg, she entered the water. Her movements were slow and cautious, gently she began to move so she could position herself behind the egg. Half the problem was the fact that the egg rested on such an unstable surface, worried the the egg could fall if she added too much movement to the water, the impersonator moved slowly. Each step would create ripples on the water's surface, Arah would wait a few seconds for the movements to settle before taking a few more steps. The other two had already reached the egg however the impersonator was in no rush. Everything had to be done carefully.

Arah's plan was; while Arlo gently guided them forward, Arah would be able to stop the egg from falling backward off of the lily pad, by placing her nose and mouth on the egg's surface. Basically she would act as a back rest. Should the egg fall to the side, with the other male's wing ready to catch the egg Arah was confident it would reach the shore. They just needed to work together as a team, together they would save this egg. "We can do it….we can do it…." Her voice was quiet the white does was more focussed on being careful in her movements.

The other male asked what it might be, Arah who was still carefully navigating the water thought about it. "I think it's something magical, the egg is so enchanting after all." Falling silent Arah focused on what she had to do, causing ripples that bumped the lily pad at a time like this could be disastrous.

597 words.
" "
[Drawing by Sei]
She doesn't reach the egg as that is the the second phase?
:: [Companion: Griffin | » Draining Clutch | Pure white feathers ]
Previous denials: Last breath of a survivor | Squabbling Squabs | Wishlist: Here

Create loud silences, make the world believe in you.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The waters came in, enclosing my body with a summer's warmth. This was my first summer, and the heat that followed was excepted. I found not much need at being in the Throat, most of the time spent within the Wilds, wandering to various places in attempts to discover different herbs and widen my thoughts with fresh ideas. Everything that came to me was welcome and accepted. Something had set me upon the fashion of being polite and laid back, though age and maturity caused an endless decay of my carefree style. It was going to need to be halted if I wanted to achieve my goals.
Sleep was never too evading, it came in cycles regardless of where I happened to be. Today, curiousity swept my youth to the Grove. Upon the shoreline, body encased in my precious waters and head, blue glowing horn still attached, lay with serenity in a soft enbankment. Night came along like a sweeping curtain, the feeling of a fresh cool breath of air taking everything away. This night was more welcome than the endless one; knowing that in just a few hours more the Sun would be here was a welcomed feeling.
Voices fluttered with the songs of birds, a hum of Locust that rose and fell like the wind pushing the waves. My young ears twitched with the noises, their whispers unnatural to the world I accepted so well. Mere seconds would pass before both of my pale blue eyes fluttered open. The glow from my horn made them twinkle, dark flecks becoming tiny black holes for the skies within my eyes.
Waves moved with no pattern, clearly disturbed. I'd gotten to know them while my body remained with them. My small head lifted up, growing mane a shady dust brown dripping with moonlit sparkles. They struck the surface, creating ripples that extended in each direction. Three souls were about the pond, one a winged colt, a horned mare, and a common stallion. My nature brought a thin smile across my face, eyes gazing over each before taking purchase on the orb. They moved it along, but their actions worried me for moments.
"Excuse me, would you mind if I help? The lily pads in the pond will create a cushion for it just in case it might happen to roll while taken ashore. Wait up, there's some on me."
I didn't lie, for while sleeping, the cold, slimy fingers that feel out of the bottom of lily pads had rode upon my back and taken rest with me. I never complained, only pushed them off when it happened in the past. Here, they came in handy.
I pulled myself together, coming up to rise, using my horn as a light apart from the Moon, approaching them in silence. When I arrived, I slid down into the waters with ease, creating as little amounts of disturbances as I could possibly make. This was such a delicate process, and the idea of a lost soul upon my shoulders caused a flurry of guilt to weaken the strength of my young heart.
We can use my horn as extra light to make sure we get things precise. It might seem silly, but it helps a lot. Miss.... Um, sorry, would mine if I called you Luna for now since you look like the Moon's colour? Would you be able to help me get these lily pads in place if the grey lifts a bit more?" Desperately, I felt bad for nicknaming them just for appearance, but giving each other something to know one another by helped get the task done. My head was lowered, light closer to the orb while I pushed a lily pad in front of it, another closing up beside it.
They had already been moving towards shore, so I moved with them, trying to retrieve some grace from what awkward breeding I had. I tried moving with them to cooperate. We probably all wanted this orb, but greed can be pushed away and forgotten while we help another.

OOC: Sikeax would like to try for a Rougarou please.

http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=80...ght=Sikeax
If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
I strut through the Grove, a tune on my lips. I hummed the lullaby my mother would sing to me, although the words themselves were a groggy mess in my mine, I found most of the melodic words their own snug places, but others remained floating, alone in the world. The tune itself is off, and it turns more or less into a hideous chorus of off beat hums and odd noises. I finally stop strumming the chords, feeling both guilty and paranoid that the lullaby had slipped far from my grasp. It couldn't have been that long since I last saw mother... now could it? It's only been....

Four.

Four years have passed since her death, since she stopped believing in life. I let out a silent wail, a newborn's cry for its lost mother, a baby's whimper for its dam's side. I miss her, my breast aching as the evidence. I longed for my dam, the mare who's smile spread to those around her, who's body reflected the beating sun. Her mane was silk, always wrapped around me when I slept as a young colt. My body quivers at the memories, long since pushed away from daylight.

I blink, realizing there were horses gathered. I walk forward to investigate, craning my neck over the shorter steeds. They are struggling to obtain an egg, only one of them do I recognize. It is the white mare from before, the one who holds the pristine white bodice and the rack of antlers. I remember her from the Deep Forest, where many had gathered to obtain an orb. So she too wanted a companion, hmm? I smile, taking careful steps into the water. They are all struggling to get to the egg that lays on a lily pad, drifted there, alone. I wade farther out, attempting to reach the egg. The water is deeper in the center of the lake, a perfect place to cool oneself. But I was not there to relax, no, I was here to get that. The egg rocked with every wave and ripple, my heart stopping every time it teetered towards the edge.

I wade after them, my legs easily propelling me towards the little filly. She is pushing lily pads along, but I see no point. "Careful. If the egg falls, I doubt anyone here will wish to dive down to rescue it." I glide past the filly, my wild cat line age aiding me in swimming with little disturbance, my massive body creating delicate ripples. I wade beside the egg's lily pad, flicking my tail to the side and letting it sit near the egg. I would use my tail to support the lily pad if necessary, using my tail that is. Already there is a boy there to support the egg with his wing, and a dapple pulling the pad along, but my gut tells me things could take its turn for the worst, for the ugly, heart stopping moment.
"Talk talk talk"
[trying for a rougarou <3
wishlist:
Click
rejections:
last Breath of a survivor
Fear Feast
Feeling Lucky?
Tingal

image credits
table by whit

i am a king
and the world is beneath me

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

I know your wavering heart, intimately</style>

It isn't any special intervention or celestial presence that drew her to the Grove that night, merely a need for peace, a place to think. Loneliness had stopped being a problem for the petite fae, as she had nothing to miss anymore. Those she had loved had all but disappeared from her life, but she didn't mind so much anymore. With nobody left at her side, or to miss her, she had nobody who could let her down or hurt her. It didn't keep her kindness at bay, she was too gentle to feel any differently, but at times she was grateful for it. Nayati had sought out the Grove because she had heard of the at times enchanting qualities it held, the peaceful and calming atmosphere, and she desired it. Spotted robe glittered in the passing shafts of liquid silver moonlight, illuminating the pale snow of her skin and the cinnamon of her freckled blemishes. Rubies gazed into the distance tranquilly, careful not to step upon her tresses, though by then it had become second nature. Little trinkets from her encounter with the kindly, mysterious fairies chimed harmoniously and brought a serene smile to her youthful features. Behind her, an endless trail of brightly colored blossoms sprouted up like a trail of glittering dust leading the way to where she stood.

Of course her peaceful evening would not be happening, for when she arrived and looked into the light of the huge moon shimmering on the water, there was a large crowd gathered around the pond. And what did they all stand around, but an orb, the same kind she had attempted to help rescue not long ago? Or maybe it had been long ago, time didn't seem to work the same for her as it did for others. How many seasons had passed, again? With nobody but yourself, it was hard to measure the passing of days.

Nayati hung on the outskirts, watching quietly, hearing their words croon to each other from the distances separating each. Finally she moved forth, her own quiet vocals calling out to the three in the water. "If we all move without first communicating, that terrible ending shall come, yes? We must work together," she supplied, though she remembered how everyone had disregarded her attempts at help when those two annoying birds had been the ones protecting the last egg she'd encountered.

Stepping forward to the edge of the pond, she dipped her legs in just to the point where her long banner was floating atop the water, and her flowers followed her, turning to water lilies and hyacinths in order to keep their promise of following her as they had sworn when the Earth Lord had gifted her with their presence. "Perhaps I can help, my flowers can thicken if I stand still for any amount of time, they can act as a pillow if the egg really does fall? And I can maybe create a path, a channel, for the egg to follow if it is dragged and aided to shore?" This time her voice is a touch more hesitant, because she can only think of the condescending sneers and hatred she'd faced last time she had tried to help protect an egg from the Gods.

Though she was definitely interest in the people involved, too, especially the one with the endless locks just as long as her own.

Denied 1
Denied 2
Not sure if that one works, since I went on emergency absent ._.

Wishlist

Nayati seeks a [Companion: Common Dragon | Frost] preferably a Red <3

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

The peaceful tones soothed the soul while the dim lighting proved easy on the eyes within the rather enchanting atmosphere of the groves. Relaxation was hard to come by these days but if you took the time to listen to what the earth was saying one could achieve such a thing. Voices drifted faintly across the waves at first but soon became quite a ruckus of many voices melding into one. Raising his head his eyes captured a rather unusual scene before him down the stream a short ways. Six figures seemed to be focusing upon something within the water while seemingly trying to do something or another. At first he thought to just ignore the others but his curiosity soon won out and he found his gentle stride carrying him up to the others to see what it was that had perked their interest.

From upon the water's surface a beautiful egg sat perched precariously upon a lily pad, its glow was mesmerising drawing immediate interest from all around. The other equines were seemingly attempting to draw the egg to dry ground but the situation seemed to be rather unstable from what he could tell. The gentle glow drew his silver gaze providing him with a sense of calm and awareness, he knew from that moment that he must try to assist the others in getting the egg to dry land safely so that they all might be gifted in knowing what joy was contained within its protective barrier. "If we all move without first communicating, that terrible ending shall come, yes? We must work together,"

Tearing his eyes from the beautiful orb his attention became focused on those already trying to rescue the egg. Most of them were within the water already causing his stomach to tighten fearing for the creature within should anything disrupt the balance. "Perhaps I can help, my flowers can thicken if I stand still for any amount of time, they can act as a pillow if the egg really does fall? And I can maybe create a path, a channel, for the egg to follow if it is dragged and aided to shore?" The mare standing upon the shoreline seemed to be struggling to get the attention of the others to make her point which seemed along the same level of concern as his own. Yes a thick bedding of flowers and anything else protective would be good for the egg once they managed to get it to safety. Bowing his head momentarily to the kind mare to recognize her words he turned his focus back to the orb. "A soft cushion will be needed once we all manage to work together to get it to safety, flowers will serve as a very good base along with the lily pads."

Now how could they manage to get a clear path to shore without sending the egg into the depths of the water? Glancing around to the shores an idea started to form as he listened to the others trying to figure out the same thing. "If we clear a path to the shore there will be less of a chance of the egg getting disturbed by other objects perhaps. Working together is the best chance this egg has, just tell me what I may do to assist." He said loud enough for the others to hear him. He wanted to enter the pool of water to assist but another soul in there would be to much activity and the turbulence created would likely upset the egg from its makeshift boat. Each step needed to be planned and everyone would have to cooperate to make this work. When the orb reached the shores they would need something to sling under it to lift if from the water. Hmmm... what could they use?

Scanning the area around them he tried to picture any used for the natural objects the earth provided them with. "I shall find something to act as a sling so that we may lift the egg to safety." He said before turning on heel and trotting back into the grove remembering some long fern leaves that would work well. It took a short time to find the long green leaves growing from beneath a large tree near the shore, carefully he detached the largest leaves from their roots with a quick tug from his ivories gathering them all into a pile. These would work well, now he needed to get back. Picking up the stems gently in his incisors he trotted back with the long leaves dangling from his mouth. Finding the patch of beautiful flowers already taking form he gently laid the delicate fern leaves down on top hoping the thickness of them would provide comfort as well as protection. Pulling the longest of the bunch and the one with the thickest stem he laid it upon the shore near where the others would pull the egg to. "These fern leaves should work to gently lift the egg from the water, could someone possibly help me when the time comes to grasp the other side of the stem?"

Silently he sent a prayer to the gods asking for the safety of the egg and the creature within. The size of the creature did not matter to him, everything deserved a chance at life he would give his heart and soul to ensure that happened for this little egg. He just prayed that the others would see sense in his theory and be open to the method he had come up with.

Ciceron is hoping to try for a Zephyr (Phoenix) Please <3
Wishlist

No previous denials

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

She sees them all begin to gather before she truly understands what is happening. Soaring above, Ampere glances down at the soggy crowd. It would normally be of little interest to her, but as she really had no destination in mind for her flight path and a group of horses outside a herd land was more peculiar, Ampere flew around for a second loop. By then she saw that more horses had come and were wading into the water, all of them seeming to gather around a central point.

Her eyes scrunched up in their attempt to focus - only as good as her horse's blood and not as sharp as the eagles that so long ago gave her bloodline the feathers to fly. Snorting she made another circle and began to descend, finally seeing through the throng of bodies what everyone was assembled for. "Another orb," she whispered to herself. "I should have known," she growled, her wing beats fierce thumping against the air now as she strove to drop into a dive and increase her speed.

The pegasus girl dropped like a stone from the sky. Fury was written into her fine features, a silent scream torturing from her maw as she dove. All around her electricity crackled, the lilly pads that supported the orb beginning to shift into blue waves and arcs of electrical energy that snapped at anyone nearby like angry snakes. Just as the final mass of the lily pad was shifting into energy Ampere swept overhead, her neck stretched long and taut, her teeth gaping wide and seeking to grasp the precious orb.

She swerved abruptly to the left, her wings tilting and flapping once before her body crashed into the waster. She clamped her mouth shut and chanted over and over in her mind not to swallow - could the orb hatch in her stomach she did wonder though, both appalled and mystified by the thought, though probably one or both of them wouldn't survive if that was the case. Just don't swallow, her conscious growled, too busy keeping her body from drowning after the crash to also worry about her eating orbs.

Ampere surfaced after a moment, gasping for air as her nares billowed wide and pink. Her wings bobbed to the surface, too wet to do much but help buoy her. She glanced back at the group of horses near her, certain she made no friends, rather successful or not. Forcefully she began to kick, trying to get to shore. Her mind was so overwhelmed she couldn't even register if she had the egg, but she continued to not swallow, just in case.

Ampere in her haste to rescue the egg had never realized that they were rescuing it as well. They were only rescuing it from the water though, where as she was also trying to rescue it from all of them. If one of them bonded to the creature inside, could it truly be considered saved? Ampere felt not, in which case a watery grave might be a kinder fate, if she had failed in her attempt. At least then the creature would never feel the bite of a mental chain or the heaviness of its soul wrapped around another's.

Of course, she would prefer that if had the chance to live, and live freely, so she could only prey to the Gods she didn't believe in that she had been just in time, at the right angle, to nestle it in her mouth.

L EAVE THE PAST BEHIND, WALK AWAY | AND THE CRACKS BEGIN TO S HOW

Wishlist

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Helovian Ancient

An "even" dice roll means you proceed to round two.
An "odd" dice roll means you are eliminated.

The previous denials don't work in this one since it's purely a chance based drop! But, if you are eliminated, you can count this in the next drop.

Screenshot: http://images.helovia.net/index.php/view/526f18de6ec5e

Arlo :: 1 - eliminated
Mesec :: 6
Arah :: 6
Sikeax :: 2
Tingal :: 2
Nayati :: 6
Ciceron :: 5 - eliminated
Ampere :: 3 - eliminated

Mesec, Arah, Sikeax, Tingal and Nayati arrive at the orb first, leaving little to no room for any additional help. As if that could make matters any worse, any more unwanted assistance would surely cause the egg to disappear and drown into the lake forever! Only the five and the few are able to begin trying to pull the egg to the short, but who will get to it first?

Between the five, you must express to each other why you deserve the egg, or... you could always try to steal it away! The battle to get to short given the competitive nature of this challenge may take just a little while longer yet, so be on your guard!

Please post to each other in this first round! I will do another elimination and this will continue until we arrive at a winner!

Unregistered

Yet while others came to try for our orb that we had come together to rescue, some didn't make it. Everyone of them I watched with careful attention, set more to the orb and our current task at hand. My heart beat with speed almost unreal. Is this what fear really is? Never in my life was there ever cause for fear as I went about with courage set deep into me. Born in enemy terriority, it seems almost mandatory to have that courage. Only now, it's fleeing from me as if it doesn't want to hang around anymore.
Silence finally gets the better of me as we work, and I have a question to ask. We work together to reach a common goal, carrying a greed that makes us want to have this orb to ourselves. I am not greedy, and I do not have the right to say that these souls around me are, but we've all got a story.
"Even though conversation might not be very useful at the moment, but I'm Sikeax by the way. If it'd lighten the mood, could we all get off our chest why we're here?"
My pale blue eyes refuse to shift to their faces as I already know their gazes are placed on the same location as my own. "The reason I'm here is because I'm lonely. I was born in enemy terriority and the only friend I ever had at first was my mom, and even she wasn't the most kind. I'm rebellous because I like to go out and explore, to see the world. Out there when someone always has someone there with them, one way or another, and I don't, it makes me so lonely. Having a companion would be lovely just so I can go out on my own, and feel as if others won't yell at me for being along when there is someone with me. Do you get what I'm saying?"
A smile is offered, and to soothe our mood, I hum beneath the Moon. The tune is only loud enough for the five of us to hear, my muzzle towards the lily pads and the flowers offered about. I try to help with the process of clearing a path instead of making one. Pushing the orb along could easily injure it, worst case being we lose it to the lake. While the water closes in on me, dirty blonde hair being to curl up and hovering upon it's surface as my legs churn beneath, this is serenity. I wonder if the others are at the same peace I am feeling. Their emotions I cannot read as there isn't much to do with them.
"I'll help clear out a path. If we end up rolling it even slightly, doesn't that put it at a risk?" Everything I might say could be a put down to those around me, but this is a serious collaboration. Muzzle pushed against a lily pad, scraping up a few flowers with my horn to make a pillow around the egg, for once my humming song is broken, lasting only for a second, as I check to see the others. The frog doesn't seem to care for us that much, but what about him? We only took something off his hands, releasing a burden for him.
And for once, I give a true smile that says I'm happy even when it doesn't make much sense.

OOC: Fail post. xD Sorry dudes!

Image Credits

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
A few more came to join us, but as the numbers stacked, a few fell back. The egg teetered along as we all swam and waded, working together to get the egg to the safety of the shore. My legs kick out in strong swipes, my tail remaining in the same spot I had placed it, my fur growing heavy as it soaked in more water. I looked at the filly who nudged it along, and then at the one who added more flowers to the mix, creating a pillow for the egg. I listen as the champagne girl introduces herself, explaining as to why she was here, why she was struggling to push this egg along. I cleared my throat, opening my lips as I swam along. "Well, I am Tingal, and the reason I'm here... is because I've been alone my entire life, all those I hold close drift far from me, or... they're..." I stop, remembering that there are children here. I do not speak the word murdered, but I move my lips to speak it mutely. "But I hope, I believe that one that holds the other half of my soul will not fall away from me, that will not leave me in the midst of night. These are not my only reasons. I have someone who I've kept close for such a long time, two years and counting... and she has a special place in my heart. To see her injured, well... I want something that will help me defend her, that will watch over her when I cannot. For if I ever lost her, I would lose myself." After my emotional little explanation, I snort, my lungs grasping for air, hating me for putting myself in such a strenuous situation.

I glance at the black stallion next to me, the boy with the horn and the wings. I had seen him before, when Ru and I had said good bye to those in the Foothills. I twitch my nose, his scent still telling me that he belong to the grassy herd. I continue swimming, realizing slowly but surely we were heading closer to shore. I felt my muscles tense, knowing trouble could ensue. In the back of my mind, I would take a desperate swipe at the egg, at least, if I am not the one to gain it. I knew it was something wrong, but I felt as though I would be letting Ru down if I lost this, if I let this egg go home to another. I could not let her down. Never.
"Talk talk talk"
Tingal

image credits
table by whit

i am a king
and the world is beneath me

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning
</style>

Many more came to the aid of the strange egg, none of which I found myself recognizing. It was puzzling that so many had been around here, when just minutes ago I had thought myself alone. Their scents all meshed together, so I could not distinguish who upheld allegiance with who, but I supposed that that wasn't too important at this moment.

Stepping into the water, I gave a breath of relief when the waves created from my own approach and that of others didn't disturb the egg enough to send it rolling off to a watery grave. Though I was completely clueless as to just what lie beyond the walls of the orb, whether it held life or not, I still felt the unyielding need to protect it until it was at least somewhere safer than stranded out on a lily pad. It was difficult to position myself anywhere amongst the bodies of the strangers, but I managed to situate myself so that I was looking towards the shore, left wing closest to the innocent orb. Unfolding the feathered appendage from my side, I dipped it beneath the water and extended it out towards the egg, lifting it just enough to leave a thin stream of water between it and the bottom of the lily pad. My goal was to create a blanket in which it could roll onto, and hopefully if it did have a close call, I would be able to save it before it was forever lost.

By now, I had grown quiet, only listening with half an ear as the others began to speak. My focus was almost entirely upon that of the welfare of the egg, but even I had to admit that it was a troubling task as my company began to spout off why they were here and why they were so deserving of the creature that might lie within the milky orb. The striped male told his own tale of loneliness and rejection, and with a silent glance to the others, I could only imagine that their stories were all too the same. I could understand the pain of being alone and being without somebody who cared, for I had lived in such a foul way for nearly my whole life; but instead of sympathy, of understanding, I was almost startlingly filled with something I'm not sure I had ever felt towards another before; disgust.

Their stories fell on little more than deaf ears, as mine were back in clear annoyance at their tales.

"I'm here because I saw a creature in need," I spoke in a steady voice, my eyes not straying from the very egg of which I spoke of. "And that is it."

"blah blah blah."

image by blu | table code by tamme
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Outcast

There is nothing she can do but wait and watch with worried crimson eyes as the lake ripples and bobs around all the bodies in the water. And what can she do, but create a path of flowers for them to navigate it between, a bed for it to fall upon should it topple to either side? She fears entering the depths of the starlit water, terrified her added motions will only submerge the poor prone creature. Nayati had been the aid of many accomplishments and blessed souls, and she enjoyed saving these little orbs whether they went to her or not. Remembering the joy on Destrier's face when he'd been granted the emerald dracon was more than enough to keep her going. If she could gift that companionship to somebody else, then she did something good, something to be proud of. She stood on the shore, to her knees in the lake, feeling useless as her flowers guided them to the bank. And soon they are all talking, and she is feeling just as exasperated as the dark colt seems, face twisted in a look of disapproval and disappointment, though no real anger shines on her forever-pleasant features.

"We all have our tales. No person here is any less deserving of the love of a companion than the other. There is little I can do but offer my flowers, or I will only disturb the waters more." She sighed softly and glanced at the obsidian colt, glad that she was not the only one uncomfortable with the confessions spilling from each. Were they not all strangers to one another? Nayati valued honesty, and loved the trust given when others confessed to her, but this was so sudden, so unwarranted. Were they only wanting the others to step away, struck by guilt over the stories they had spilled, made them feel as if they did not deserve friendship? "For now...the most important thing is to get the little one to safety. Who it bonds to is up the the child, let us forget out greed in favor of an innocent life, yes?" She says it softly, stepping backwards to stop the flow of her flowers before they shut off the pathway she was trying to create, shuffling out of the water and reentering a few paces to the side to let the blossoms float out onto the surface of the water with a gap of water between the two walls of petals and leaves.

Frowning in concern she watched them carefully, praying the child would go to someone caring, and would not be submitted to a watery grave because of their collective ignorance and greed.

where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
They moved towards the egg slowly, a few backed off realising they would not all be able to assist the egg to the shore. Everyone who did reach the egg was reasonably friendly and introduced themselves. Then they began rattling on about why they deserved the egg and whatever creature lived inside safely. Assuming it was alive of course. Today the waters, to Arah's taste, held a bit of a chill. The ivory doe desperately wanted to make sure the creature was alright and not about to die from the chill, but she could not. The egg was not ready to hatch, it mattered not through, it they didn't all stop jabbering about their loneliness. "My name is Arah, I hail from The Basin." Her soft and thoughtful voice was alone now. She agreed with the other mare who had spoken up, telling the group at large. "Indeed, it matters not how lonely you are. Everybody here seems to be deserving." Arah believed that if there was something in you life that you didn't like...then change it. Loneliness was not the easiest thing to fix, but it could most certainly could be done.

It was not in Arah's nature to try and steal this egg away. What gave her the right to take away this egg from the other so unfairly? Nothing did. Instead she worked on being ready to catch the egg should it be ready to fall backwards. She created a backrest for the egg with her nose, pressing it gently against the egg. Then she gently swam, doing her best to keep as still as possible. Unfortunately, Arah's magic did not help in these kinds of situations. Her magic focused on the mind, working on things that made people weak. Memories and their own mental control. Honestly, the way they had all rambled on she considered compelling them to shut up...well not really but it was an entertaining thought.

"I just hope that the child is alright." Mused Arah, her golden eyes were focused on the shore. It wasn't too far away, they were probably going to make it! Hope filled her and Arah began to get ready to feel the shore under her feet once again. "I think we might actually make it." The egg could still yet roll and fall into the watery depths. Even Arah who was a confident swimmer wasn't eager to swim below should the egg fall. If the egg fell she would probably attempt it.

416 words.
" "
[Drawing by Sei]

Create loud silences, make the world believe in you.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

In her heart Ampere already knew she had failed. Although her mind repeated its mantra still, forcing her mouth into a stiff lock so she did not accidentally swallow the orb, she knew she didn't have it. They all remained over there, focused on their floating attempts, barely even noticing her interruption from the skies above.

Her legs struck the sandy bank and she hoisted herself out onto land with a certain drudging melancholy. The water dripped from her body in great sheets, as if waterfalls running off mountains of blue and black. Her wings hung limp, dryer than the rest of her but still wet. Her eyes, already drowned in blue, coasted over the organized group and settled upon them with a deep curiosity and exasperation. They probably felt the same about her, but she didn't care. She was fighting so hard because it was right, and they? They were fighting so hard because pf what, loneliness? Get a damn boyfriend then.

She snorted, a renewed vigor flooding her bones and causing her to shake like a dog to cast the water away from her. The loss of its weight felt instantly refreshing. "It's not over yet," she whispered to herself, dashing into the nearby foliage to continue to watch. She kept trying to get the egg in these large groups, which was still ideal, but the creature still had to hatch. She still had time to try and save it before then, and taking it from one selfish asshole might prove easier than fighting the crowd for it. Ampere just wasn't a patient sort, but in this circumstance, she would make an exception.

L EAVE THE PAST BEHIND, WALK AWAY | AND THE CRACKS BEGIN TO S HOW

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Helovian Ancient

An "even" dice roll means you proceed to round three.
An "odd" dice roll means you are eliminated.

Screenshot: http://images.helovia.net/index.php/view/5282eab6c1b1e

Sikeax - 6 - goes on
Tingal - 5
Mesec - 5
Nayati - 6 - goes on
Arah -1

Tingal, Mesec and Arah try to get the egg to shore safely, but they cannot manage! Tingal almost knocks it over entirely before Nayati pushes him away, Mesec nearly does the same before he is excluded and Arah nearly stabs the eggs with her horns!

Nayati and Sikeax successfully carry the egg to shore and watch it to make sure that it is okay. What do you do to care for the egg?

Outcast

Helpless on the shoreline, too scared to go any deeper than her knees, the speckled princess feels her heart lurch and a tiny stifled cry falls from her lips as she watches the egg bounce and tip dangerously. In the depths of the lake the feline stallion, was it Tingal? He nearly tipped it from the lily pad the kindly toad had placed it upon, and she nearly lunges into the water in an instinctual attempt to surround, protect, encircle. But she knows, before her limbs do more than twitch, that it will only submerge the poor child for good. Her flowers are what saves the orb, supporting it right when she wishes she could mentally control her blossoms, and she gives a quivering exhale of relief that comes from the very bottom of her soul. It is a perilous game, one she could only watch as she gives her magic to the cause, unable to intervene- whether to greedily snatch the egg, or to try and save it. Regardless, the possibility that she would only send it to its death in the waters below was too high to risk it, and when dull antlers from the kindly pale woman mistakenly targeted the child, her stomach dropped and she wished passionately that she could turn her eyes away somehow. But in the end, Nayati couldn't tear her gaze away. It would do her, nor the child, no good.

As if by divine intervention- Nayati doesn't doubt it, considering the things she's witnessed the last two times she had wandered into a rescue like this- the three fall back, and the other little filly who tugs and nudges gently upon the emerald leaf keeping the little soul inside safe is the only other person left. When Sikeax comes close enough Nayati sighs in relief, the sound warbling and croaking helplessly, so grateful they had not killed an innocent unborn life that it makes her feel weak. All around her she is haloed by her untainted ivory strands, long as they were it was like standing in a puddle of milk.

Reaching out she nudges her steps forward slowly, tentatively, until her flowers consume the water behind the other youth and begin to spread towards shore once again. Nayati backed up slowly to accommodate them, building a barrier so that even if the egg fell off the lily pad, it would not roll into the water without being stopped by the flowers. Her mind is racing, trying to think of how to care for the little being now that it's out of the water. Helping Sikeax drag it, she carefully reaches for the opposite side of the lily pad, teeth gingerly grasping the slimy leaf, and keeping it as low to the ground as possible she slowly began to help slide it.

It was tallsun, so the warmth was obvious, but all Nayati knew was that eggs were supposed to be kept warm. Plus, it had been in, or at least on, the lake for who knows how long. Air was always colder off the water. How warm did birds keep their eggs, again? Nayati shifted anxiously; how was she supposed to know that? She wasn't even a pegasus, much less a bird! Still, she feared the egg would be cold, considering how long it had been out in the middle of the lake. Nervously she glanced at Sikeax; she seemed friendly enough, but Nayati wasn't sure considering it was now down to just the two of them. Taking in a subtle deep breath, Nayati relinquished those old submissive fears of hers, cursing their random arrival on a day when her maturity was required.

"Eggs must incubate at a warmer temperature, and I am not sure how long it was out there on the water...perhaps we should build a nest, and each of us curl around one side to share our heat? My flowers are soft, but we may need more support, especially to keep it off the ground where it can roll..." Humming softly the young mare turned and began scouring the shoreline with her eyes, happily giving off a small exclamation when she spied those nice, thick ferns that liked to clump up together. Hurrying over, her flowers cheerily followed her, and she slowed only long enough to grip the stalks of the ferns and rip them free with teeth meant for such a task. Once she'd accumulated a decent mouthful, she sprang back over to the resting place of the egg, and began to lay them in a careful rounded square around it. It at least added extra support her flowers could not offer.

But wait...didn't birds lay on their eggs? At first Nayati considered making a veil of some sort, but looking up into the full ivory orb overhead, she smiled and realized that there was no sun to disturb the individual inside. Instead she gingerly lowered herself to scarred milky knees, flicking her outrageously long tail carefully to the edge of the makeshift nest, wondering if the child would perhaps be interested in playing with the baubles given to her by the wonderful fairies. Feeling somewhat guilty for envisioning the creature inside as her companion already, she tried to rid that thought, and instead smiled up at Sikeax invitingly. It was time for the gods to decide who would be more fitting as a mother, a friend, and a mentor.

Helovian Ancient
Sikeax has 48 hours from today to reply to be considered for the roll.

Unregistered

Past experiences made my tolerance of others high, yet those that surrounded me and worked with me to get this life to shore began to wear away at my patience. Three of them almost ended all our work, and when they left, leaving me to drag the egg to shore, I felt relieved. When there was a fresh warmth that came with a shiver across my body that announced I was out of the water, my attention went to my lasting companion. She was the one of them all that made it this far with me, and therefore set herself up to be my enemy while I was enjoying her company. I gave her a smile once we got the egg to a level place.
She didn't stay with me that long, taking off to tear off some ferns and create a nest for the egg. My muzzle worked with her's, trying to keep my horn as far away as possible from that precious life. As a younger soul, it could of been used to nudge things along, being nothing but a nub. Now it was a weapon, and the wrong movement near a face can poke out an eyeball. Once we got her ferns going, my eyes drifted to the nearby rocks covered in moss, and an idea came to me.
"One minute, it's your turn to egg sit." I offered a soft laugh with my horrible pun, trying to tease off the tension between the two of us. Regardless of who went on with the egg tonight, later on I might enjoy a more relaxed time with her. My body was carried to the rocks, my horn becoming useful now. I stabbed and tore away with it, running it over the moss and pulling it up. With the usage of my muzzle, I checked for moisture in the greenry. None.
Brought back to her and the egg held between my lips, I went about trying to add it around the egg like she had done with the ferns. It'd act as a little bit more of warmth, and when I ran out of ideas, her tail was swung over to it hold in the heat. A sigh was brought out from me as I went to lay on the opposite side of the egg, shivering slightly in the warm air. "I'd offer my tail to help, but it being still wet I doubt it'd be any help."
Sensing that there wasn't exactly a lot more that could be done, I let the tension ebb away from my body, falling off in waves as my eyes gazed over her and the egg. What was to come of it lay between the two of us, and whoever went with it tonight was the blessed one in this situation.

Image Credits