the Rift

[OPEN] we're never done with killing time

Lothíriel Posts: 37
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hands :: 4 years of age HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Thingol :: Raven :: None krazie

Like the fleeting warmth after a mother's embrace, Lothíriel clung to the lake's fronds, watched her reflection as it rippled across the surface. A willowy girl looked back at her, with delicate features and two-colored eyes hidden by a forest of pale lashes much too long for a baby's face. Patches of sleek adult and downy infant fur made a tattered effect on the gosling's head, like she had gotten into a brawl with rogue scissors. Rain came down, providing a mute grey background and calming the child's dizzying sense of unease. Lothíriel felt comfortable in this warm drizzle that made pinpricks over the sullen cloudy grey of the lake's face—it reminded her of Mama, of safe things. Her dam had left the nestling alone for the day, for she had important business to tend to, that warranted the loneliness of her daughter.

Head inclined to the level of the lake, and she thrust her muzzle inside it, relishing the icy coldness of the glacial water and sending the wide rings of ripples gliding across the previously pristine surface. She watched the ripples traverse the lake until they disappeared entirely, replaced by the queer calmness of bright grey. Little flowers, the only suggestion of color in the bleak valley, bloomed cheerfully around her, spreading determinedly across the shore she stood upon. What is Papa doing? she wondered, lifting her face to watch the dreary mountains that loomed imminently overhead, like stone sentinels safeguarding prize jewels. Lothíriel always missed her father terribly when he wasn't around, which was often, for he was an important man and had many other duties than minding his daughter. She wondered what that eminent job entailed: did it tax him? Did he have to fight? The idea both enthralled and frightened her; the prospect of bloodletting and life-threatening situations overwhelmed the filly, whose life was a happy blur of the love of her parents and often dull peace. Although Mama disapproved of such things, she knew, many of her stories often depicted (much toned down versions) of war and battle; such things in life were inevitable, and it would be unfair not to impart this knowledge to the young and tender. Lothíriel wondered if she'd be a warrior like her sire one day, though the mere idea of dirtying her coat with sweat, dirt and blood made her abandon that line of thought entirely; she'd be content to romp through the Basin all day and return to the warm embraces of her parents for all her life.

@[Rhiannon]

—and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
bg - table - image

[ sorry about this D: it's weird and doesn't make any sense ]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

TORLEIK
Death follows into your watery grave

He'd licked his wounds for long enough, and with some help, he had healed outwardly. The only external signs of his wounds that remained were scars that had yet to fully integrate themselves into his pelt; and those who had never seen him before would be none the wiser that the additions were new. Torleik was thankful for that. The abiding agony inside, however, had yet to go away. The changing of the seasons had come quickly - far too quickly for Torleik's liking - and the heat was making it difficult to get comfortable. He sought the coolness of the Basin lake, wishing for its gentle touch to soothe away his aches and pains and remove the sweltering heat from his dark body.

It was as if the Sun God still retained his ire against the rabicano stallion and directed a copiously larger amount of rays towards him rather than others. Torleik knew that was a false belief but...it still felt as though it were true. Walking slowly to avoid aggravating his still-mending muscles, the dual-horned stallion saw a figure by the lake. A small figure.

Another youngling? His heart warmed a little and he forgot some of his pain. Children were always so refreshing in their youth and exuberance for life. Torleik approached with gentleness, for he knew he could be imposing to the little ones, what with his dark color, two horns and the markings that were on them.

"Hello, little one," he rumbled kindly. "I have not seen you before - what is your name?" he asked, leaning down to get a drink as well. The cold water hit his muzzle and he closed his eyes. So refreshing.

[[OOC: It says open thread, so I hope you don't mind! Torleik loves kiddos, and I think he needs to learn about Deimos' kid :3]]

Afrolovertje & ximpossible @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
SACRE.

Home. Was it even home anymore? Sacre had been away for so long and many things had happened for him now to question it's creditability as 'home'. It felt strange standing upon frosty ground that slept in the shadow of looming mountains, a place he had not so long ago frolicked and laughed, a carefree moment in his life that he still clung onto. There were some big things he needed to think about, but there was time yet still to be just a boy, free and adventurous. To laugh without hesitation and dance to the wind's wild tune. Tallsun had made it to the Basin and rain fell instead of snow, the calming pitter patter of cold drops tickling his nose and littering his hide with darker coloured drops. Rain was nice, it washed all the bad things away and cooled the mind, he loved the sight and smell of it. Yes, today was a good day for Sacre and with a crooked smile he shook his head. Perhaps this was still and always would be home, no matter what memories or bitterness that came with it. There was still joy here, still something worth remembering even if sometimes he didn't want to return to it.

On longer legs than the last he was here, Sacre arched his neck and bounced his way across the wet land, pools of brilliant blue bright in anticipation of a good day. He needed one. The caves seemed all but empty apart from one or two so he found himself dancing over to the lake where two figures lingered, his interest increasing his pace until he stood within earshot. A foal younger than himself by a fair few months was the first he noticed, coloured a splendid hue of blues and greys, adorned in foliage with her pearly crown beginning to poke out the brow of her head. In the time he'd been away it seemed the Basin had earned a new addition and a plus one he had never met before. A stallion around the same age as his father, black like himself but patched with splattered white, horns bent like something from a horror tale etched in some strange symbols the boy couldn't understand.

He turned on his best smile, listening to the latter end of the elder horn's question, before tilting his head and nodding to both. "Excuse me for intruding, may I share the lake with you?" His shy voice enquired, glancing to the water and back to the interesting individuals he had decided to share company with.

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Lothíriel Posts: 37
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hands :: 4 years of age HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Thingol :: Raven :: None krazie
Her loneliness did not last long; the nearing thunder of hoof-beats heralded the arrival of a herd-mate, and she turned toward the sound, curious eyes watching the strange dark stallion approach. He was tall—taller than Papa, two strange horns curving from his head, etched with strange markings. Though he was certainly imposing, the stallion approached with kindness and goodwill in his demeanor. Lothíriel softened and gave him a lighthearted smile—perhaps he would know where Mother or Father were. "Lothíriel," she replied brightly, ears piqued forward with interest. He leaned over to drink, and she watched the coils of muscle in his neck unravel as it leaned down, and she studied his strange horns—she had never seen any unicorn with horns such as he. Her head tilted. "Why are your horns like that?" she wondered, not unkindly, genuine curiosity dancing through her high, girlish voice.

Another came then; a handsome colt with red markings and blue eyes. He was the first colt she had ever laid eyes upon since the twins in the Frozen Arch, but unlike them, this one seemed polite, and above all, he was not a brigand, ready to swindle an eye off her at the merest blink. Never faltering, the smile clung to her lips with youthful boldness. "Of course!" the girl replied, although she knew her answer only counted for one side of the party. Raindrops fell delicately from the canopy of her pale eyelashes, dripping onto the soft lines of her face. She let herself study this colt more: he was quite tall and seemed many months older than she, though his uncertainty and lankiness betrayed his youth. Bright red accents made a pleasant contrast with his night-dark coat, and it reminded her vaguely of the auroras which so often lit up the night sky.

—and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
bg - table - image

Lifting his head at this young one asked him why his horns were the way they were, he smiled just a little. Children and their innocent, blunt queries. "They grew in this way," he explained. "Many males in my family had horns like this. I do too." Another young one was approaching, it seemed, a colt this time, to join with the filly, and Torleik nodded in silent acquiescence when the dark young male asked if he could join.

Torleik studied the two, wondering many things, his thoughts drifting away with him, and for a time, he was silent. Finally, he spoke again. "Who are your parents?" he asked both younglings, hoping to learn more about the Basin inhabitants through their answers. How long would it be before he had a family? Would he ever? Should he just...go find a mare with which to father a child to ensure his bloodline would live on somehow? Should he wait to find love?

Thoughts of his family returned to him and he frowned, looking towards his cave, towards what was now his 'home.' His family was gone in an instant. Could he risk creating a new one, knowing how quickly it could be taken from him? Shaking his anvil head, he returned his attention to the little ones.

TORLEIK

“Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them.”

No man is an island.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
SACRE.

A great smile stretched across his dampened features, Sacre had always been good at smiling, it was honest and childlike, the best of smiles. The pretty girl accepted his presence with interesting boldness that contrasted his shy approach, doing wonders for the boy's unsure confidence who warmed to her quickly. It was nice to talk simply, no punishing topics. "Thank you!" He replied, his voice much more sure now having been officially accepted at least by one into this exclusive party by the pool. "I'm called Sacre, who are you?" He asked of both his companions, having missed the prior conversation, the little colt was still in the dark over who exactly he was talking to. His attention turning onto the strange marked stallion, whose appearance alone was of great interest, the looming presence of him enough to make Sacre slightly on edge until finally he spoke and put some of his quivering nerves at ease.

"My mother is Kou, a Nurse here. My father is the Time Mender, d'Artagnan the Nightshade." He answered, though his voice lacked the proud tone of most children when they spoke about their parents, instead his was laced in uncertainty and he listed them off like mere facts. He loved mother most, she had been there when he had been taken from the Basin, not that Sacre ever saw much of her, but she had been there. On the other hand, he hadn't seen his father for a long time now and he began to wonder, with a sharp twist of his heart, if he was even still alive. "Have you seen my father? I haven't laid eyes on him for a long time, not since I was captured that is."

The boy's last words were hopeful, perhaps they had seen him, perhaps they hadn't. He hoped they had, because as he had found out when trapped in the Edge, not knowing was the worst feeling.

(sorry for the wait guys!! @[Lothíriel] @[Torleik])

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

TORLEIK
Death follows into your watery grave

This colt was young and unsure of himself. Torleik remembered days like that in his past when he didn't know much of anything - but knew he didn't know. It was unsettling, but his family had been his bulwark, given him structure and a solid upbringing. The rune-horned stallion was beginning to think Helovia did not have much of this 'family.'

"I am Torleik..." he said quietly, trailing off uncertainly. He did not wish to greet others here as he had when living in his home. They would not understand. Sacre claimed his lineage as Kou and the Time Mender, and this sparked a memory. "The Time Mender? You are related to Nao, then?" He had not seen that filly in some time, not since Tallsun had begun and she worried about her sensitive skin. "I am afraid I have not met either of your parents to know if I have seen them. I am sorry," he apologized.

The adult looked over at Lothíriel, wondering when she would offer her family. It was rare he found children in the Basin and he was curious as to who had managed to come together for a likely short, brief moment of passion to create a life. Families did not seem to be the norm in this frozen place. Torleik swore that no matter what future was in store for him, his children would know their father.

Afrolovertje & ximpossible @ DA

No man is an island.