[OPEN] Denounce THIS [Challenge Thread]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
A STORY FOREVER TOLD, BUT NEVER OLD.
A WARM ARRIVAL NEVER LEFT SO COLD.
</style>

"What if they don't come?" Phaedra mumbled under panted breaths, as her wings beat heavily at her sides. The rain was making flying a miserable task, but she was still significantly faster in the air. Her body was built for speed and flight;' regardless, the ground would be sloppy and muddy.

Try Was Stella's response - her own orangey-yellow face displaying the signs of worry that Phaedra was trying to keep at bay.

She had heard that blackened bitches call, just as surely as Apollo had. It made her stomach crawl. She had invited Confutatis into their home, remembering how Ophelia had done the same for her in seasons long past; Now their home was trying to be taken. Her golden ears flattened against her skull as she glided, her body angling towards one of the larger hills, near the clearing where Confutatis now waited. "But what if they don't?" Pheadra again repeated to her companion. Her body glistened like a falling star as her altitude decreased until finally, her golden form landed upon the hill. Waves of creamy mane were now matted against her neck and chest, and silently she cursed this weather.

Try! Stella thought again, with a trill of encouragement.

Phaedra nodded decisively. She wasn't sure if it was some power that herd leads seem to have - but when they called, did others not come running? Regardless of their position in the lands? Well. She was their Cheiftess now, and this was a call they needed to hear. If Apollo fell to the hooves of this dark stranger, she would be met by Phaedra and the rest of the herd. She would have to topple more than one leader, to take this herd away from them. And if Apollo sent her packing...Well - A smile appeared on her pink lips, as her flirtatious twinkle a'lit her eyes - He would deserve a hero's welcome.

"FOOTHILLS" Her voice rang out amidst the rain. Even amplified, it carried a certain amount of seductive overtones. They would know it was her - but would they come? "NOW" She added for emphasis; her voice breaking slightly with worry as she was suddenly filled with loathing and fury. Swiveling upon her hooves, she faced down below, where Confutatis continued to stand, a threat within their lands, protected now, by custom.

Only Apollo could meet her challenge. But after that? Well, - magic bloomed around Phaedra's body, causing the star-sheen of her coat to intensify. She was like a glittering beacon, a star for her herd to find her, and hopefully a comfort to Apollo below.

Thread for the Foothills to watch the challenge unfolding between Confutatis and Apollo!

There will be no set posting order. But if your character is 'around', please join! :3
Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Off in the distance Solace heard the call. His ears perked up as he walked out from under shelter he found under thick branched tree. The voice was feminine, so he knew it couldn’t be Apollo, it was Phaedra perhaps. He trotted slowly in the direction, humming softly to himself, not aware of what was chaos was beginning to unfold.

Within a short amount of time, Solace found himself completely drenched by the downpour. His forelock stuck to his forehead and partially blocked his vision. A bit of irritation swelled up inside of him when he jerked his head slightly and his forelock only cleared slightly. Mud stained his legs and was beginning to get caught in his feathers. Hopefully they were being called for something incredibly important, because Solace wasn’t sure why they would need to meet in the midst of such a torrential pour. Off in the distance he could see a glow. Yes that is definitely Phaedra, he thought to himself.

When he stopped a short distance away he noticed no others had arrived yet. He also noticed Apollo wasn’t there as well. Why had she called the herd without the chief’s presence? Silently Solace walked over toward her, and looked down at the sight below. An unfamiliar mare stood there, and what she desired was unknown to him. He looked over at Phaedra a bit confused before he spoke.

“I heard your call sister,” Solace said with a respectful tone,”But I must ask, why is it you have summoned us?” He felt like a complete fool for asking such questions, especially if the answer were obvious, but there could be an endless amount of possibilities as to what that mare wanted and why she was out in the rain, but Solace had a guess as to was about to unfold. His gaze turned down to the mare who was simply waiting. Something about the mare made him feel uneasy, and he had learned to always go with what his initial thought was about someone since he was generally correct.All that truly mattered to Solace though in that moment was what that was seeking, and if she gained what sought he felt it would drastically change his life within the Foothills.

Deceased
</style>

Solace blended in rather well with the setting of the Foothills, and for a moment the Chieftess couldn't be sure if it was truly the warrior, or just a patch of grass moving in the hazy rain. As he moved closer and her sea-green gaze fixated more easily upon him, she was assured.

She turned her lithe body towards him, wings slightly outspread at her sides. Even in this dreadful downpour, her beauty was unmistakable; amplified by her magic. With a warming pulse, Phaedra's inner magic covered her sooty-golden coat with soft pinpoints of light, that halo'd and glimmered. Softly, the glow seemed to extend away from her and into the very air itself. The golden-girl might not be able to stop what was about to happen below, but she could soothe those who had come to watch.*

With a voice like soft bells, Phaedra explained: "You see below, sugar? The dark one is Confutatis. She came to join the Foothills not long ago and now..." Sighing with regret and anger, she lightly tossed her star-speckled forelock from her dazzling gaze. "And now she is challenging our Apollo. That is why I called you here sugar. Win or loose, the Foothills need to stand together now."

*Phaedra is using her siren magic (which amplifies her attractiveness and can make males enamoured with her), to try and soothe. It's up to you if it affects Solace

Image Credits

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Something is wrong. Loretta's voice pierced Archibald's thoughts as the pair trotted along the border of the Foothills. These had always been good hunting grounds for Loretta, and he was not going to let her pass them up. However, she was fair in her wisdom in this moment. Archibald hummed in agreement, turning his body sharply to prance straight into the herdland. Archibald may have left the Grey, may have stepped down as the head of the soldiers of this land, but his heart would forever reign among the buffs and valleys. This land was more dear to him that the Mystic Woodlands that he had been born into. Loretta, quickly, darted out in front of him, loping ahead and sending him images.

It was only a few minutes before Archibald's gaze fell on what was to come, what silenced the trees and sent an alarm through his bones. It was a familiar sight, an outsider of newcoming to the herd challenging for leadership. Flashes of the red dun, Jackal, flashed behind his lids as Loretta recalled the memory in sync with him. Grunting, Archibald's attention was quickly grasped by the shrill call of the mare Phadrea as she swooped in, her regality wide and her beauty still the same. Lifting a confused brow at her concern, Archibald called out to her, opening his presence to her eyes.

She glistened and soon they were joined by another, oddly colored draft. Archibald still towered above him, even without his straight, military posture. Nodding his board head at the pair, Archibald turned his full attention to the mare that had called so angrily out to Apollo. She had called him a coward, but the Dauntless had only known the overo to be exactly the opposite. Loretta, settling in on the close side of her massive bondmate, between him and the others, snarled at the black bitch, her tail rising into the air, erect and dominant. Archibald made no qualm to settle her, for his own anger boiled within his chest. "Apollo leads this land with a fair and just hoof. Who does this bitch think she is? He was chosen, and she is a jealous maggot."

The Dauntless spoke to no one in particular, except himself and Loretta. He knew that Phaedra would probably shit a brick with him in the herdlands, but the Dauntless cared naught. He would squelch her quickly, should her flames of anger at Circe and her bitterness at him for sending her to war come to light. He had no time for childish behavior, he was here to display strength and support on the back of Apollo.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Archibald did not come because Phaedra called. He came to support Apollo.

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
The world is a scary place
Now that you've woken up the demon in me

Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

Ever present in the Foothills, Eytan had alerted Ktulu right away when trouble knocked at their doors. She came quickly and quietly because, thankfully, she had not been far off when Eytan had called for her. Her grey hooves drummed against the earth in a steady rhythm, crimson eyes locked on the border that she knew so very well having patrolled it for seasons upon seasons. The once Chieftess did not slow as she crossed the border and with Eytan's guiding she soon was upon the growing group that had gathered to watch the scene that was about to unfold below.

The Constrictor slowed in her approach, though never dipped below a trot. She settled herself at Archibald's side and looked down, her ears tilting forward before laying flat against her head. Her teeth ground together and she snorted as anger began to bubble within her chest. Eytan, for once, shared in his bonded's anger and growled. It took Ktulu a moment before she tore her gaze away from Apollo and peered around Archibald's massive frame to see Phaedra, whom she assumed had risen to the level of Chieftess, and an earthy draft whom she remembered only from herd meetings. The dark mare couldn't help but wonder momentarily if Phaedra had earned the title of Chieftess herself or if she had used her womanly wiles to get it, but then.... she didn't really care.

Ktulu flicked her tail in agitation and looked back down at the dark mare that had called out the stallion that she had hand chosen herself to lead the Foothills. The Constrictor took a step forward, wondering just how far her magic could reach because she wanted to strangle the words within the other mare's throat as the spilled from her unworthy lips. "She will have more than just Apollo to fight." The Constrictor said in response to Archibald, her voice low and threatening. She had sworn herself as Apollo's ally and she would not stand by idly and watch someone so very unworthy try to yank the Foothills from his grasp.

ooc:// Ktulu came solely to support Apollo <33

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Though the grey stallion had not been a member of the Foothills for long he did find a growing attachment to the place as well as the others that were there. It was nothing like what he had felt with his own herd, this was different more surreal so to say. Wandering about to pass the time he continued to search for a purpose, or whatever it was that made him feel so restless, so unfulfilled. A feminine cry rang out across the land calling those who were loyal to the Foothills to come back. What was it that put such a tone to such a beautiful voice, surely it was of great importance. Spinning on heel he launched himself forward into a ground consuming gallop that would bring him back home.

As he neared the borders his silver hued eyes focused on the three equine standing around as if anticipating something and from the unease it apparently was not good. Releasing a greeting to the others he slowed his pace considerably as he neared the group. The final words of the large stallion before him did not serve to calm the ever growing feeling of the same uncertainty. Lifting his posture to display his full height and proportions he glanced around trying to pinpoint what it was that was going on to cause such commotion. "Apollo leads this land with a fair and just hoof. Who does this bitch think she is? He was chosen, and she is a jealous maggot." Apparently such a commotion was warranted for the threat of a challenge hung fresh in the air, who in the right mind would attempt to challenge Apollo during such a sensitive time for them all?

"The dark one is nothing but a fool to challenge Apollo for our home. Regardless I will be there to support our leader and provide any needed assistance. Just tell me where I am needed and I will go." His vocals were directed towards those before him hoping to show his dedication to doing whatever it took to their home and to them. The beautiful Phaedra stood so stoic before the rest of them like a beacon guiding the way. It was strange how this was the first time he had really noticed her natural beauty, it was quite breathtaking. Pulling his thoughts back to the challenge and the circumstances at hand he restored his warriors attitude refusing to be swayed anymore until this was over. Dipping his cranium in respect to those with more senority to the land he was eager to see what it was that would happen. He doubted that the dark filly would prevail over Apollo but there was always the what it?

Should she seize this place from under them, he was unsure that he could remain under her rule. Her mind was clearly not in the right state to be running any sort of group nevermind a family. Did she have a heart within the dark chest? This would be eventful regardless and he could only hope for the best result, that being Apollo remaining their lead.

ooc: hope you don't mind ciceron dropping by to lend his support.

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>

Though the rain fell mercilessly, pelting my coat and soaking it through the bone, it could do nothing to cool the rage boiling deep within the pit of my gut.

The call had been easy to hear, that haughty, grating voice somehow managing to meet my ears despite the continuous rumble of thunder. The message was clear and needed no further explanation - Apollo was at risk, and I was bristling. I didn't know who had come and declared war on my painted friend, nor why they thought themselves better fit to the position of leader. Not only in my own eyes, but in the eyes of many others of the Foothills, Apollo was a fair Chief that was more than capable of handling his role. He had done no wrong, had kept us safe during an entire season of darkness, and he cared for each and every soul that stepped foot into his home. Whether to make a permanent or temporary home, it had never seemed to matter to the Merciful, whose title rang all too true.

Allowing wisps of darkness to envelope my entirety, I disappeared in a moment's notice from where I had been standing only to reappear amongst the rest of the herd, who stood at the zenith of a large hill overlooking the clearing. Others had managed to get here before me, and where I would normally give them at least a glance of acknowledgement, my focus was solely upon the obsidian form of the mare standing below, bellowing out her challenge. Black ears laced against my own skull as I narrowed my gaze against her form, an uncommon gesture for me to ever display. Apollo had become a very dear friend to me, perhaps the only one I could confide in and always know where he was, trusting that he would never leave me as the others had. The threat of Confutatis could, very well, be the straw that broke my back.

It wasn't until I saw Apollo's spotted form approaching his opponent that I lifted my voice, hoping that he would hear my words of encouragement before he was taken into the grips of battle.

"Kick her ass, Apollo! For the Foothills!!"
  in the corner of a dark room.
breathless-dk, EveLivesey, and Burtn @ deviantart.com
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle

The rain. It was blessed.
Droplets of water bounced and ricocheted off the very spine of gaea herself, breathed fresh, cleansed air into the landscape with the
caress of a lover and the voice of a thousand armies. It marched onward, turning into the tiniest of rivers upon the muddied hills and trickling downwards,
adding it's song to the chorus of the choir. The droplets of water were perfection, mingled with the wind, and through the waterfall of voices,
a voice carried upon the downy feather wings of the breeze.
The shadow stirs from her placement near the borders of a land she has not come to before, mixed with the aroma's of those whom live amidst
the dryad's and are one with her mother beneath the churning surface. It moves, writhes, perhaps, it takes breath and steps across sacred ground.
It sticks to the very shadows from which it came, forth from the fields of the God's, without wings nor familiar scented cloak. The rain washes all things away, in time, even scent.
A splash through a puddle, mud sticking to the lower half of the shadow's feminine frame. Did the shadow do this on accident, you ask? It is quite known that most prefer to keep the apparel of their frames fresh, fashion is not aided by scars, nor the clogged, thick earth that sticks to her as spider's webs.
It does aid the ability to hide, to blend, to mix and become one with the dryad's, the leaves, mother earth.

The tiniest of voluptuous smiles touches the maw that is hidden in the darkness, it promises nothing,
says nothing, though the hints of carnage that could be is shown in the way her frame tenses with the noises of many, unfamiliar
voices.
The shadow slows, her steps are even, her pace is even, her breath billows into the air as the softest of murmurs, the breath of the wind and the rain, formed into the constant shh of the constant tears.
And the shadow comes as close as it dares in the hidden enclosure of the forest, damp frame stills, the dagger that strikes forth
from her brow pressed behind the cover of a low-hanging, thick branch, turned dark and lush with the absorption of liquids. She breathes. One, two, three. One, two, three. The water melds, becomes one with her, until she is no longer the seeker of the Asylum, until she is the rainwater. She is the storm, she is the damp earth and the rough touch of the bark. She neither exists, nor does she not exist. Like the shadows, the water, the breath of the wind, she simply.. is. Pricked harks catch the voices of that which she can make out in front of her, strangers, that which she does not recognize, and the star-blessed lady, whose voice she does recognize as the first song that was breathed into existence in the peaceful, rain-scented air. Has she been seen?

That would be up to them. She conceals herself with the best of her abilities, yet the mortal striving of perfection must limit itself to the chains of solidity, the darkened lady cannot actually become the shadows, she may strive, and yet the magic that would aid her in such a journey is cast away from her, bent, hard to grasp, it doesn't exist. It is not with her, she does not hold the key within her soul on this eve. She has not been blessed, she is cursed, she is damned.
The rainwater, the shadow, the lady of the darkness could return to the fields, could leave these sisters and brothers to the discussions that beat along with her heart, perfectly in tune, perfectly composed, to write the song they have made.

But there is one here, one she can almost taste through the cleansed air, there is tension and was there not a bounty on this blackened, charred equine's head?
The cheery internal voice that whispers in her mind sings a little tune, a canary's yellow of happiness and purity, cloaked in a sweetness that bubbled up as a mental giggle, lilting, rising in her mind, a sick pleased voice chimes the words inside her cranium.
Slice her in two and crush her skull, the smile grows - take her eye and stick it in a jar, watch it rot and wither with glee!
Oh, let the Lord of this land snap the little acidic cirsfathè's spine and use her as a damned rug.

She'd do the skinning for them.

CREDITS
OOC: Posting with Sparrow's permission!
VENOMXBABY :: MIDNIGHTSTOUCHSTOCK

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made

Deceased
</style>

Archibald.

Phaedra's lithe body tensed momentarily as the former-general of the Grey, and leader of the original Foothills long before that, once again strode through the lands. Her mind wondered if this was a part of the trap that the dark bitch below had set, but almost immediately decided against it. If Archibald wanted the Foothills back, this would not be his way. He would not do it by weaning his way in, and having another do the dirty work for him. No, for all of the faults Phaedra might mistakenly attribute to the draft, cowardice and dishonor were not amongst them. As her mind slipped from the ideas, she coyly considered pushing her magic towards him, as he came to stand on the hill. What might he think of his once dis-honored spy, in the grip of her magic? She had always found Archibald...an enigmatic figure, and while she did not know the full extent of the fracture of his opinion of her now, she still decided against it. Her magic was to calm those of her herd - and should Archibald fall under the influence by his own proximity, well then so much the better for the former-General. He could us a break from his militant brain.

Ktulu came next, although her gaze hardly fell upon any other than Apollo below. Briefly Phaedra wondered if this was meant to be insulting - for the pair had not really said goodbye. And yet, Ktu had always been a rather fearsome and distant leader. Even in the few times that the mares briefly took a break from their duties, to discuss their children, Ktulu was always a wall when it came to emotions. Phaedra merely nodded her glistening head to both the words of Archibald and Ktulu, silently thanking the Gods that they had come, should things go sour for Apollo.

A graceful smile was extended towards Ciceron, at his arrival. So brave. She thought of the large dappled stallion, as she dipped her lithe head at his words. "Thank you sugar. Your support is noted." Although I hope we don't need it... At her side, Stella trilled lightly in response, feeding off of her bonded's thoughts. Mesec's words as well - appearing out of seeming thin air, as the handsome young stallion often did - caused the chieftess to laugh. Everyone before had seemed to solemn in their offerings of support - yet there was something almost comical in Mesec's cheer.

Suddenly, her sparkling gaze catches movement, that she was not previous aware of. Instantly the shine of her body increased, as if a light had been suddenly increased within her golden form. Pinpoints of light now glistened brightly from her mane and tail, as her entire coat shone with light. "Who's there?" She demanded, in Circuta's direction. In the air, Stella trilled with a noisy alarm, flying into the rainy skies. She remained high, as Phaedra was unaware of who, or what was lurking in the shadows. As such, as she did not want Stella to put herself in any needless harm - yet the bird's eyes were far more used to seeing through the dark, than hers were. "Show yourself!" Her lithe body squared to where she perceived Circuta to be. Her wings rose from her flanks, as if trying to force the light from her figure down into the murky depths. "Now sugar, or this is gonna get ugly."

Image Credits

October Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 6.5 years
Blu

october</style>
if blood is thicker than water, then you'll drown quicker than we intend.        </style>
image by Csutkaa @ flickr.com</style>

[FORGIVE ME FOR I HAVE SKIMMED]

In the nights following my escape beside my pack mate, she whispered to me of her plans. She has much greater ambitions and capabilities than I, so I listened intently, a rising giddiness gurgling in my soul at the prospect of Oblivion rising back into power. So it was, singing a soft tune to myself in my bliss, I wandered the shore line of this scrap of land she meant to claim for herself. Her howl echoed out and I froze, turning attentively to the sound of war. My jowls nearly salivated at the prospect and I crept closer, wanting to witness the feat of ripping a crown from a king for myself.

A voice barks out, sickeningly sweet, and attracts my attention. An ear flicks over, hearing the challenge finally begin, but it seems the cheap seats are just yonder with the honey tones. I change course, wanting to enjoy the show alongside everyone else. Who knows, maybe someone even brought delicious apples?

"It's already ugly," I laugh, pushing through the shrubbery to come into view, just passing by the hidden mare. I don't see her, but I'm not looking.

I stand in full view, dazzled by the disco ball bitch. The dancing lights cause me to squint, my orange irises sharpened by their frame of black lids and lashes. I shake my head, as if it might somehow rid my view of the sparkles, and in doing so the crown of a dead elk's antlers pressed into my skull wavers side to side. Bits of my mane and other debris have been tangled in it since I donned it. The blood around its base where I pressed it against my skin and then some has since dried and scabbed over, itching, much like antlers do when coming in velvet I assume. Most opt to scrape off the dying flesh on trees, I might just scrape it off on her.
She'd look pretty with some red, it'd match her eyes.

I smile at the thought, but the motion lacks the usual charm on my features with my jigsaw grin lighting up my crocodile face.

"Maybe the wolf can re-decorate though. Oblivion knows this place needs it."

I'm particularly sane today. I think the satisfaction of consuming that stallion's semen to satiate my lust and my purpose has added to that. Though one could argue I'm insane to be insulting this group of horses that are so obviously rooting against my sister, but fear does not register correctly in my being. I'm simply chatting after all, nothing scary about that.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
Artemis

The mare had been gone some time. Confusion of her own self worth had dripped from her pours and corrupted her mind. Loneliness evolved into self doubt. Self doubt turned to self hatred. Was her title just that? A word? Or was she worth the name Apollo had given her? She was unsure, and thinking back to those brief moments she had glimpsed the former general, she knew she had a lot to learn to even come close to gaining the power that he had held.

But that did not excuse her. She was needed in her home.

Her wanderings had taken her far and she had very little clue as to the goings on in the herd. Her steps were slow and cautious as she grew closer, hair slick and heavy as the rain saturated her pelt. A thick stream of water tumbled from her plait, untangling tendrils from the bindings and slapping her thickset leg as she moved. Steps began to become more difficult the closer she got to home - moving up even shallow hillsides was tough in the sludge that had formed and she stumbled once or twice, mud stains smeared over her kneecaps and tracing down the contours of her legs and chest. She did not mind - the mud cooled the burns that had since become warm 'hot spots'. The wounds were slowing healing into large scars. maybe if she had found Apollo sooner, she would have not suffered, yet she had felt like her injuries were only a burden to the stallion. Going to him for help felt weak.

Her feathers were tangles about her ankles and the hairs formed rats-tails that trailed behind her as she walked. Perhaps she would bathe once the rain had passed. She was't one for appearances, but her ivory pelt was now a murky brown and even she knew that it wasn't an overly good look for her. The rest of the herd would surely mock her if she appeared at their doorstep with with a bedraggled appearance. She smirk at herself, wandering why she cared what others thought of her. Shaking her head slowly, she sighed, then gazed about with half lidded eyes.

She was home.

Yet through the wind and rain, it felt eerily quiet. Something was amiss.

Ears perked and head raised and alert, she stood quiet for a moment before bursting into a slow canter. Any faster and her heavy form would slip quite easily in the sodden earth. Her heart sped and her eyes widened. What had she missed? An invasion, perhaps? She swore to herself inwardly, cursing her own stupidity. She hadn't been here - she had failed them all, had she not?

As she moved as swift as she was able, she soon spotted a familiar golden pelt through the trees and relief quickly washed over her as she recognized Phaedra, yet her relief was short lived. As she slowed, taking her place by the side of the pegasus in silence, she turned her gaze downward. Below, she spotted the two horses as they began their combat. Squinting through the darkness, she saw the glint of blue atop the painted stags head. Apollo. And the other? She had no idea, but this was no simple spar. Her teeth gritted and gnashed angrily, banner slapping her heels as she took a step closer, wanting only to defend her lord but unable to do so.

From the corner of her eye she spotted Archibald and Ktulu. Maybe they had returned, she thought, though she doubted that. It seemed more likely, from their grim expressions, that they had come simply to witness this fight. Something within her stirred with shame a the sight of the Dauntless. Shame at being gone, at almost missing this fight, at not being there for her friend. yet it couldn't be changed now. All she could do was stand and wait - and kill that fucking bitch if she dare steal the crown from atop Apollo's head.

"chat here."

669 words.

YOU CAN TAKE AWAY THIS MESS AND
I COULD NEVER THINK ANY LESS OF YOU

[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace listened as Phaedra explained what precisely was going on. So, the dark one was trying to steal his home, but his attention was pulled away from the fight briefly. In that moment he realized just how beautiful their queen was, he wasn’t entirely sure why he hadn’t noticed up until that moment, but right then, oh yes, he did notice Phaedra. Such thoughts were ripped from his mind as others arrived. All of them familiar faces, including, Ktulu and Archibald. For a brief moment, Solace felt well, rage, at their presence. What right did they have to simply walk into the Foothills? They had abandoned the herd when they were indeed, and left the shattered pieces for Apollo to pick up. He forced himself to remember that these two were once leaders, important figures in his home. They were also Apollo’s friends, so they did have a right to be there, and Phadedra seemed to be alright with their presence, so, he would not pay them any mind.

Others flock in still, they offer various words of support and encouragement. This was the family that he loved so dearly. They came together in this dark time, and he knew they wouldn’t bend knee to that disgusting creature that has the gall to laugh and taunt at them. If only she knew what she was getting into, his family would crush her in one swift motion. Typically Solace wasn’t the violent type, but thoughts of grinding Confuatis’s face into the dust sounded rather delightful.

Solace watched as the two clashed, and he grimaced at the sight of Confuatis coming down upon his leader’s back. He was lifting up silent prayers to the Earth God, even though he wasn’t the religious type, he believed having their patron god’s favor would probably be for the best. Plus, it gave him something to focus his mind on, other than the anxiety should Apollo fall.

Image Credits