the Rift

bury your flame [OPEN]

Fallyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Wandering. It was all she had done now for as long as she could remember. The ghostly figure stalked through these new lands, ears lazily flopped backwards causing her to look irritated and unapproachable. Fallyn didn't care, she was perfectly content standing alone for the rest of her life. Hell, she was fine dying alone. The company of others meant nothing to her, she'd been on her own her whole life anyway. Finally, growing tired of walking, she stopped and shifted her weight off her hindquarters, standing at an awkward tilt. Everything about her screamed she didn't want company, yet somewhere, deep down, her icy blue eyes showed a plea for a companion.

Fallyn was not entirely sure why she was here. Another knew start, she supposed. Her speciality was moving around aimlessly, never settling down and never staying long enough to call a place 'home.' She knew this place would probably be no different. Others rarely held her attention and even when they did, they could never handle her constant mood swings and undependable nature. She understood. Hell, if she were an outside observer she doubted she'd be able to put up with herself either. But she wasn't. She was a ghostly white mare with bold black points and an unruly mane, standing alone, as usual, with nothing better to do. She was empty, lonely, and utterly clueless how to ever change it. And so she waited, more than likely for nothing. But she waited nonetheless. Perhaps, this time, things would be different.

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace sung softly to himself as he walked through the threshold. His deep voice one of the only sounds audible to him. Lyrics rolled off his tongue in a sweet tune. The earthy draft had returned to this familiar soil to seek out the many wanderers that entered Helovia here, the place with a simple name that suit so well, the Threshold. Solace found himself often spending more time traveling between home and there, than at home. Part of him longed to simply spend his time remaining within the Foothills, exploring every corner of it, and meeting more members of his herd. Recruiting had become his duty though, not by any order, but by personal choice. This was something he could do that contributed in his mind greatly to the herd. Each time he brought a new recruit back, it strengthened the herd and gave someone a home. If that wasn’t useful, Solace wasn’t entirely sure what was.

Recruiting hadn’t been the only purpose for him stumbling into the Threshold. It had been some time since he had seen the mare, Cantante. She had wandered off from their ‘safe spot’ which made him feel concerned, and a bit of a failure. He had promised to protect the mare, and now, he had no idea where she was. At the same time he couldn’t protect someone that had no desire to be, and he would just keep looking until he found her. At the same time, he would be looking for someone to offer a home to, and if they didn’t desire a home he would at the very least inform them of what lay within the land of Helovia.

Solace ceased his humming when he saw someone off in the distance. He approached and studied them for a long moment. Everything about this stranger told they had no interest in companionship, and typically he averted individuals like this, but he couldn’t help but approach them. No matter what kind of body language they had, there could be more going on in their head.

“Greetings friend,” Solace called as he walked toward the stranger. “I am Solace, warrior of the Windtossed Foothills. I welcome you to the land of Helovia.” He kept his distance as was typical when he approached a potential recruit, but this one he kept his distance more for his sake than for hers. There was no telling what this mare could be like, for all he knew she was incredibly violent, but the only way to know was for him to interact with her.

Speech.

Image Credits

Unregistered

Fallyn
we're only layers of skin hiding bone

Time. What a strange thing. Lately it seemed endless. There was always time to kill, time to waste. Never time to do anything worthwhile. It wasn't like Fallyn really tried or anything, but still. Time surrounded her, draping itself hauntingly over her bodice and reminding her though it seemed never ending, eventually hers would run out. And what had she done with herself in that time? Well nothing. What a strange thing to be, nothing.

Fallyn was lost in this thought when she realized another had approached her. She eyed the stranger warily, but he seemed rather harmless and kept his distance, which she respected. With a flick of her head Fallyn carelessly tossed her overgrown onyx forelock to the other side of her head, then tilted inquisitively, slightly intrigued by this Solace character. Idly she made note of the fact that he was a warrior or something, it might come in handy later. She tried to ignore the fact that he addressed her as friend, as he was in no position to determine her friend or foe. Part of her wanted to be difficult just to prove him wrong. But Fallyn knew she was being her usual moody, overdramatic self and was able to control her emotions. After he spoke she sat there, staring, and letting his words hang heavy in the air. After a very pregnant pause she tossed him a coy grin, piercing icy eyes glaring directly into his.

"Fallyn, my thanks to the welcome committee." She cooed.

Adoptable

Solace noted the way she eyed him, but he didn’t blame the mare. When he first arrived in this strange land he hadn’t been particularly open to the sudden arrival of strangers, especially since he had been arriving in the dead of frostfall in the midst of the night. This mare came in the midst of tallsun, where even if she was caught at night her ass wouldn’t freeze like his would have.

A long silence hung in the air, which was of no bother to him. Unlike many, Solace found relief in the silence. It permitted him to collect his thoughts and string together potential sentences. When the mare glared into his own blue eyes, he merely stared back. If she was attempting intimidation, he wanted to make it blatantly clear it wouldn’t work on him. He committed her name to memory, Fallyn, quite an interesting name, but it seemed to the mare.

“Welcoming committee?” Solace felt the hint of a smile twitch at the edge of his lips. If she was trying to irritate him, she would soon find it a harder feat than it would be with most individuals. “You can call me whatever you like, Fallyn, but I did not simply come here to say hello.” That would be a pointless endeavor in his opinion. Why waste words in such a way? “I came here offering you a home. I come from a place called the Windtossed Foothills, and I came here to invite you to be a member of the herd that resides there.”

He watched the mare, to see how she would react. Honestly, this mare didn’t strike him as the type that desired to be a part of a group, but one never did truly know. Even if she wasn’t, Solace had no intentions of merely leaving her because she wasn’t providing what he sought, he would at least tell her of what he knew of the land.

“Should you not be interested, I am willing to provide you with some information about Helovia,” He said after a long pause. “After all, I am the ‘welcoming committee.” There wasn’t any spite or joking in the stallion’s tone, and the smile that had once been on his face had faded, but there wasn’t aggression either. His face was simply neutral, revealing nothing of what was going on in his head.

Speech.

Image Credits

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

TORLEIK
Death follows into your watery grave

After his battle, Torleik had gone home to lick his wounds and search out any comfort he could find. A few days spent thusly had left him with an itch to move about again, for his nomadic soul could never let him stay immobilized for long. Wandering out of the Basin he found himself in the Threshold and recounted his memories of recruitment. They were not positive ones, though perhaps his opinion of Deimos had changed marginally after watching Ulrik defend the Reaper so fiercely.

Perhaps.

Voices caught in his auds and Torleik wearily approached, curious by nature. An equine and a unicorn mare seemed to be having a conversation, and he could not help but wonder...was this equine new, or was the mare? Were neither? Approaching slowly, his steps limping and ginger from his still-healing injuries, Torleik lifted his gaze to inspect the two of them, listening before he spoke. This Solace, the equine, seemed to be introducing himself to the mare, Fallyn.

So the unicorn was new. Interesting. Coming closer, the dual-horned rabicano dipped his head slightly in acknowledgement. "Greetings," he rumbled. "You are new to this land, it seems. I am Torleik, of the Aurora Basin. What circumstances bring you here?" he asked of the white mare, his glacial blue eyes searching hers. He read her body language, saw how she rebuffed any and all company with her stance, but there was something in her eyes...a loneliness he felt he understood.

Torleik had been forced here after horrific events and he did not wish to see another go through the cold, brutal conscription process he had upon his arrival. From what he understood, as he was of the Basin, he should attempt to gather more unicorns. So if he could accomplish that today, he would - but he would not force this mare to trade something of herself simply for a place to sleep. He could not.

Afrolovertje & ximpossible @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Unregistered

Fallyn

He was nice, she had to hand him that. This Solace figure was not harsh or turned away by her deadpan demeanor. She almost felt bad she couldn't offer up a sincere smile, but she simply wasn't in the mood today. Nor had she been the day before that. Lately, her mood had been anything but pleasant. She watched his face contort, the warm smiling fading. But there was no hostility, if anything his face mimicked hers. It was indifferent, simply existing without assigning feeling. His next words caused her ears to prick forward, and she titled her black crown ever so slightly. A home, eh? It had been quite a while since she had one of those. Of course, Fallyn didn't really want to deal with the constant nagging of have herd members always around, other bodies to interact with even when she didn't feel like it. They wouldn't like her, there was no way. Another pause hung before she prepared to speak, and just as she parted her lips, a stallion with two horns approached.

She stopped, her attention fully averting to him. She had not meant to attract the attention of one man, let alone two. She sighed lightly as he introduced himself, her eyes drifting lazily back and forth between the two strangers before her. Her ears, which had momentarily been pricked in attention now flopped backwards on her head. Icy orbs slowly did a once over of each of the stallions. Though she would not admit it, even to herself, they were both not hard on the eyes and she was somewhat pleased she'd managed to attract such eye-candy for company. She addressed them at the same time.

"Well Torleik, I just happened to stop by.” She drawled. "I've just had the honor of being offered somewhere to live by this fella, what do you bring to the table?" Her tone was mildly interested, after all, it wasn't everyday someone was brave enough to invite Fallyn into their home. Although her body language still screamed stay away, her tone held a different story. Perhaps this day would prove to be good for her mood after all.

Adoptable

Solace watched as Fallyn opened her mouth to speak, but another emerged before words could come forth. He studied the other stallion and listened to him speak. Aurora Basin, Solace had heard the name before but knew little of what lay there. What he did know is that the contract with this herd led to the fall of the Grey. Should he be wary of this stallion? At the moment he wasn’t demonstrating any threatening behavior, so he chose to treat him like he would treat any other that didn’t belong to the Foothills.

The stallion’s appearance was rather peculiar, and quite unlike the other’s he had seen, but he didn’t permit himself to stare. Solace’s gaze flicked back to Fallyn when he heard a sigh and noticed the way her ears fell back. Did something make her upset about the presence this other stallion? Or was it simply complete disinterest? He wasn’t sure how to read this mare. It seemed as though she wanted complete solitude, but at the same time she wanted companionship. Volatile individuals always made him feel unsure. Mostly he felt unsure about how he felt about them. At times they could be pleasant, and others they could be flat out foul. He couldn’t smack this mare with volatile yet, no, but he could call her complex. Yet he also found her to be enigmatic.

Then Fallyn spoke once again, but this time she was mostly speaking to Torleik it appeared. Solace looked over at the other stallion. What did this Aurora Basin offer? Did it have loyalty like the Foothills? Or perhaps peace like the Edge? All that could be done is for him to remain silent and watch. It could always be useful to himself to learn more about the herds of Helovia.

Image Credits

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

TORLEIK
Death follows into your watery grave

While Fallyn seemed to give him a once over, at which Torleik did not feel flattered (rarely did such things stroke his ego), the stallion turned his gaze to the other male already here. He did not seem a threatening presence, nor a prickly one. That was somewhat rare in these lands, Torleik felt. Meeting Solace's eyes, he gave him a small nod of recognition and respect.

He would not fight this male for Fallyn, if he had some special designs on her. Torleik had little interest in new mares - well, perhaps save for Brisa. That was a somewhat isolated case, though...wasn't it? There was no use doubting himself, and he returned his thoughts to the present and gaze to Fallyn when she said Solace had offered her a home. "I see," Torleik murmured. "I can offer you the same. The Basin in quite close to here, and is comprised of primarily unicorns." He paused. "If you value solidarity in that sort of thing." Torleik had no qualms with the equine stallion present here as he had no qualms with equines in general. Pegasi were another matter, but Fallyn was a unicorn, so that issue would not arise today.

"Basin leadership has recently changed and there is room to make a name for yourself in this new regime," Torleik said, wondering what motivated this mare. Power? Fame? Racism?

Afrolovertje & ximpossible @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Unregistered

Fallyn

Fallyn was slightly overwhelmed by the fact that she had options. For the first time in a while, she had the choice between not one, but two homes. Her eyes idly drifted between the stallions, and even to her own surprise they both intrigued her. Solace seemed easy enough to deal with. He'd seemed neither drawn to her nor deterred by her thus far lousy attitude. In fact, he handled it with poise and it did not seem to effect him. She could appreciate that. At the same time, Torleik seemed equally agreeable. However, his offer came with more of her own kind. Fallyn was unsure whether the idea appealed to her or seemed sickening. Either way, something deep inside her bones ached for a place to feel safe, to not be alone.

And just like that, a change. These changes were inexplainable, as the ghostly mare herself could never put a finger on when they would take place. The change started physically. Her stance became less rigid, her eyes less narrow. She shook her tangled mane, blowing lightly through her nostrils and and smile crept softly onto her lips. The change came when she least expected it. Some days it pulsed inside her with warmth, filling her body with joy, and emotion she rarely felt anymore. Other days it was icy, piercing through her veins with conviction and shutting down her entire system. But today the change was good to her.

Fallyn now stepped closer to the duo, a smile still played across her lips. She batted her eyes, and if anything appeared like a flirtatious young filly, innocent to the ways of the world and filled with a delusional happiness.

"Both of your offers sound so lovely,” Eyes averted momentarily as she thought carefully of what she wanted. But in her state of manic, her mouth was quick to pick it's preference.
"But Torleik, this Basin sounds quite charming.” She playfully shook her head, tousling her mane yet again and averted her attention to Solace.

"Thank you for being the first to extend hospitality to me here,” Uncharacteristic of every action the mare has thus far displayed, Fallyn extended her muzzle and lightly brought it towards Solace's cheek. "Please tell me I'll be able to see you again?”

And there, firsthand, the two were able to witness the insanity that was called Fallyn.

Adoptable
Solace watched the mare silently as the change overtook her. One moment she was giving off standoffish signals, and then it drastically transitioned into something far less suspicious and perhaps warm. A smile crossed over her lips and she approached them both. This mare was appearing to be quite the curiosity, and he wondered what her mind was like inside. His thoughts drifted to the Asylum and the two mares he had encountered the first night he had been Helovia. No, this mare wasn’t necessarily a killer like those mares had appeared to be. This mare just seemed to be volatile and changing. The flirtatious way she batted her eyes confused him. Solace found mares to be quite complicated, but this was a whole new level of complex.

She made her choice, and Solace nodded and was about to prepare to leave, but then her attention shifted to him. She thanked him, and proceeded to reach out and touch his cheek. At first he wasn’t sure how to react. How could this possibly be the same mare? Whatever was going on in her mind, Solace had no idea what to make of it, but he knew he might as well speak to the mare, that much he owed her.

“Of course,” He responded, “I wish you the best of luck in the Basin and that you find true happiness there.” Then he paused asking her whether or not they would see each other again. Honestly, he found no reason why they couldn’t, with the exception of their herds becoming enemies, which at the moment didn’t seem like it was going happen. “Of course we will be able to see each other again. Being from different herds doesn’t inhibit us from being friends. Should you ever need me, just come to the Foothills and ask for me. I will be more than willing to assist you if its within my abilities.”

Solace turned toward Torleik and dipped his head toward the other stallion. As he passed, he said so softly that other stallion would be able to barely catch it. “Make sure you and your Basin take care of her.” He glanced over his shoulder once as he headed off into the forest and began to move at a canter back toward the Foothills.