the Rift

[OPEN] Armored soul
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Just because heaven had grown silent, that didn’t mean my prayers ceased to ascend on an almost ritualistic pattern. From the moment I cracked my eyes to greet the morning, till they closed at night. I was constantly conversing with heaven, my Father in particular. Not the mortal one many folk often took thought about—(though I did often reflect morality)—it was a heavenly Father which gathered attention above all else; (in trying day’s especially.) Lately it seemed that each breath was a trial. A reason for worry. My shoulders held the weight of a herd, and they now called me ‘Gallant’. A title that was said befitting of one in position. Yet, not a single time in conversation with herdsibs had I used the frilly word.

My family had vanished, my son…Cera, the single prodigy that held so much hope; he had gone missing as well. In my heart I felt his presence; it was a comfort to know that he was alive, and I saw signs of him throughout the Throat. But the boy stayed hidden or away from me; he no longer came home beneath the shadow of our Magnolia tree. When concern threatened to overwhelm me, I did random duties to busy myself in the purpose of keeping the worst ideas occupied. One of such thing was to visit the shrine of a time that had passed. Under a clear morning sky I landed quietly with a still sleeping Fina. Before the sun rose I stepped toward the shattered remains to mediate upon troubles and pray.

OOC: Using a VOTG pass: Wanting to quest for, [Magic: Earth x Spark (U) | Able to melt gold and craft magical items, trinkets, pieces of armor.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

Dust to dust.

Midas' weariness was felt within the stones of the rocky precipice. Indeed, his silent prayer, his troubled heart-song, seemed to resonate deep within, to where the Earthen God was contemplating the state of affairs. Much had happened since he and his siblings had returned, and yet at the same time, not enough had. They had mended the rift that threatened to overturn Helovia - and given themselves and all they had to protect its inhabitants and yet...it seemed the return of magic, and indeed the light of day, was all they cared about. It drained the God's loving soul to be reminded once again, of how short sighted mortals could be. But then again, their lives were so fleeting, who could blame them?

And so, as Midas' presence was felt above, the God heartily rose to the surface to greet and soothe if he could, a familiar face. Stones rumbled with a gentle ferocity, as the ground itself opened to yield the God. Nay - to form the God, because seemingly the stone and dust that was displaced, seemed to convalesce into his great hooves, shoulders and wings. Kind eyes smiled down upon Midas as the earth closed upon around the God's feathered hooves. "Midas. It pleases me to see you, and yet not in this state. You seem troubled, my son..." The God refrained from peering into Midas' thoughts, knowing the paint was typically open and honest with him about his desires and needs. There was no need to pry in this instance; not with Midas.

The God's large wings folded neatly against his muscled sides, and yet even as he stood, appearing to be relatively relaxed, a weariness was draped over his shoulders, almost like a thick robe. It was good that Midas had come - it would take the God's mind away from the nagging itch of worry that seemed to follow him, ever since the state of Helovia had returned to normal.

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I’m so tired of having to be strong day in and day out. Exhausted by worries, worries that came from having heavy responsibilities applied since a tender age. First, it had been the death of my parents, then Norse. Now Cera, Hototo, Ranjiri and Ktulu had all gone off—and I couldn’t find them. I just wanted my family close to me, I longed for everything about them—their touch, smell. This was the only place I felt safe enough to surrender my guard, let all those worries and troubles fly to the arms of those who held a stronger countenance. A leader didn’t question, a leader didn’t flinch.

Perhaps I wasn’t ready to lead.

Since I’d returned from the timeless abbess, a dark fear has been gnawing at my soul—a threatening presence that jests with the notion that would have me abandoned and dead. A fear of being drawn back into that soulless world; a fear that in exchange for my return—a family had paid the price. Had Cera and the rest been pulled away by that dark place in payment? For weeks now I had been asking, praying for strength and understanding. Praying for safety.

I prayed for them now, either for deliverance, in exchange for whatever would be asked as payment; or an assurance that they are at the very least—alive. Bargains likely wouldn’t be struck, not with celestial…but I was desperate to know the truth.

Despite the veins being shattered beyond recognition, this was still a magical place. A place once that every great while was actually closer to heaven then the tallest precipice. Perhaps it was because of the memories this soil held, of a time when life had seemed blissful—Ma would drag me along (quite willingly.) Remind me how to pray; I’d been a little afraid of the grand stones and their symbols my first time upon this rock.

Earth…he was felt long before I could have seen his face. The trust and compassion of child toward father was unmistakable. Despite the boons of other celestial creatures, this was the headstone I returned to—HE was like the potter to clay. Shaping, bending. Body knelt, and while I didn’t expect to actually see him, my prayer of thanks went up regardless for the merciful peace that soothed.

The ground shifted, swaying slightly beneath me. One foreleg slipped ahead to steady my frame, I rose slowly and by the time stature had risen. He was before me. There isn’t an explanation that words would justify of the innumerable amount of joy that is felt upon seeing his face again. My head fell respectfully forward and for reasons untold the heart quickened toward a rapid pace. If Earth had arrive, then were my fears realized?

“Midas. It pleases me to see you, and yet not in this state. You seem troubled, my son…”

No omen of ill news. Thankfully I dared a glance up and smiled just a little. Pressing forward I gently reached out as a foal did to their Ma or Da, craving physical impression upon those valued above all else. He could speak, and I do. Become anything that was asked, even the thing that would be hated. His frame is massive, nay not only massive, solid. Like the face of a mountain. Fina stirred within my feathers, but did not awaken.

"I've missed ye... thank ye a thousand times over for mercy, and returning."

This was the first I had actually gotten to talk to him since he had counseled my heart over vengeance. “Father, many things have happened. Things that…” I broke off to steady my words so that they might not quiver, “break my heart....” I began, “Cera and Ranjiri, her mother Ktulu—has vanished.” Tentatively I add softly, “Hototo has been absent as well. Please, are they living, are they well?” Earnest, but fearful of the response I added quickly without thinking, “Before the sun returned I was pulled into a strange world full of…pools…when I escaped back into Helovia they had vanished. Did they get swallowed as payment for my return?”

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

Dust to dust.

As Midas reached towards the God, his feathered limb rose - moving over Midas' as back, as if to shelter him from some invisible rain. Gently, the earthen-toned feathers gently touched upon Midas, though were careful not to disturb his sleeping companion. In pained the God to be only able to offer this semblance of comfort, especially knowing that there was so much more he could do, to soothe Midas' mind. He could bring him an army of the Earth, to protect the Throat and set the new commander's mind at ease. He could create a haven for his family - indeed he knew where they all were. He could simply scoop them up, and deliver them unto Midas but...With a sigh, the God removed his wing, placing it once again at his side. Alas, these are the woes of a father. He could not simply give Midas all that would calm his heart, mind, and soul, even if he wished to. Midas' strength, both of character and resolve, was something the God could see quite clearly - but could Midas see it?

"I too am glad to have returned. Where my siblings and I had to go was not..." The God's bearded visage crinkled for a moment - as if some foul smell had suddenly entered his nostrils. Snorting, his horned head shook to dissolve the memory. "...not pleasant, shall we say. But that time has ended."

Pausing, the God studied Midas' face carefully. Ktulu, a mare who had lead the Grey in his herdland, seemed an odd match for the painted stallion. They were so alike and yet...opposites were said to attract. Still, the God wasn't sure. His contemplative attitude about the pair was increased as he gently probed Midas' mind, internalizing the last meeting between the two, and the length of time since they had last been together. With an internal grumble, the God sighed, his loving gaze closing briefly.

"Ktulu left the Foothills. Her sister left a short time before, and Ktulu, and another stallion, followed a time after. Ranjiri stayed within the Foothills, but has recently left. They are uninjured, but as they no longer reside in my lands, my knowledge of them wanes. I fear that their distance from you might have more to do with...mortal considerations, than any Godly action." He concluded, his dark tail flicking slightly. It pained him to suggest to the paint that his family's removal might be due to an emotional dissatisfaction, rather than a supernatural intervention, but the God would not sugar coat what little he knew of Ktulu and Ranjiri's whereabouts. "Young Cera on the other-hand...does not seem to be injured, though nor can I place him amongst the lands under my control. My brother, God of the Throat, might know better than I."

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
I was relieved to hear that all of them were at the very least uninjured by my adventures in that other world—well off enough to still be in Helovia. Though, relief in itself couldn’t overwhelm the rush of pain and confusion; hadn’t our time together been nothing but good? Hadn’t I tried hard enough to be a good partner, Father? My chest clinched and I looked away from my Lord in rising shame, it was for them I had fought to return; for a family that no longer cared if I drew breath? A cool hardness crept forward, slithering around my soul with its cold, wet fingers. It promised relief by making me numb.

Slowly my lips moved to respond in a voice that was barely above a whisper, “It is well then.” Nay, it was not well. But what else could be done? This was another test of strength; I rose toward it and forced a small smile,“Thankee Father, for assuring my trembling self of their wellbeing.” I couldn’t hide this spirit from him, nor was it desired to, “Is there something I can do for thou? Your return brings everyone great gladness and joy. Surely there is a way a child can serve?” He had always been there for me, in some fashion. My loyalty, and love were his; as was the armor across shoulders and the daggers planted at birth upon my feet. Leading and worship would make a fine distraction from personal wounds that festered beneath the skin, “Teach me to be more like thee, I beg ye.” Even as a child I had been earnest to learn, earnest to love. Now as an adult I could more, become anything.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

Dust to dust.

It was easy, to like Midas. Briefly the God's mind drifted to Thor, a stallion who seemed a great deal like the paint before him, if not a little taller. Both had a serving heart, and came to him open and honestly. Unlike others, who sought him out for their own greed and selfishness. It couldn't be blamed of course, or rather, they couldn't. The lives of the mortals was so fleeting...it wasn't surprising that they often failed to see the whole picture, and instead quested and invested their time in lives in fruitless and futile pursuits. But Midas...He was not like that. It was almost as if his heart beat slightly slower, able to take in the importance of his decisions, and forge meaningful relationships with those around him.

His tail flicked loosely around his hocks, as he listened to Midas' plea. How many before, had asked for the opportunity to be like him? Hundreds, over the course of his long life, he was sure. And so, a hearty stream of laughter echoed from his bearded jaws. The sound reverberated onto the stoney ground around them, as if the entirety of the precipice upon which they stood, had joined in, finding humor in Midas' request. "You know not what you ask, Midas. For it is a tedious and thankless job, encouraging the flowers to blossom, and the trees to grow. Do you know how long it took to wear away the stones upon which we now stand? Thousands of years. For thousands of days, my sister and I eroded these shores to create this precipice, and in a day, we destroyed it. Can you imagine how that feels?" The God sighed, momentarily lost in a world of melancholy. Everything he had created - the mountains and trees, the groves and crystalline pools - all of it, would one day be destroyed. The only question was, would he be the one to destroy it? Or would it be the mortals?

Pulling himself out of his musings with a gentle cough, he once again focused upon Midas, with a paternal smile. "Nay Midas, not more like me. I want you to be more like you. You have a way of crafting gold into being. Craft three spheres. Once you have done this, seek out others who can create using the earth, as you do. Have them apply their abilities, to that which you have made. Once you have done this, return to me, and we shall see what it is, you can truly do."

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
He smiled at me, then laughed with the voice of the northern mountain and bending rivers. When his face broke apart, a thousand chuckles slipped through, I also smiled tensely due to refraining from giggling aloud. Despite chiding me of my ignorance. Earth was right...(as usual). My short existence in Helovia didn’t measure up to centuries; we were no more than babes in their eyes. Newborns who hadn't even developed wisdom enough to take our first steps. It would take much longer than a lifespan to be taught the structure of a single flora; something that appeared so simple to the eyes was delicately structured and complex in ways that the moral mind couldn’t fathom. He might have built this place, might one day even destroy it. That knowledge didn't change my attachment. Wasn’t it often said that our God would give and take away as he deemed?

When Earth explained his reasoning, I lowered my skull out of reverence and the deepest of respect; having been taught yet another lesion whilst standing by, “Thou are correct; father I cannot understand these things. It is above me. Ye could teach me for ages and still have a student who hadn't scratched the surface of thou's work.” my voice came as a whisper though he would have no problem hearing it. For a moment I thought to ask why the land we stood upon was in a state of decay. Nay though, I quickly dashed the idea aside. It wasn’t correct to muse over such things. What was done, was done.

I dared to glance up again and was very glad to have done so; he was looking at me. Smiling with a tenderness that couldn’t be described by words of this language, “I want you to be more like you. Ivory locks flicked backwards, ears slipped a notch forward; confused, yet wise enough to be silent. I held my tongue and allowed him ample room for speech; his directions gave no hint to explaining any confusion that might be felt. My gaze drifted low again and voice rose in humble submission, one that was willing to please the Father in whatever way he warranted was correct, “Tis will be done.”