the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lighting The Way [Ktulu]

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Would the feeling of restlessness ever cease to annoy him, nothing seemed to ever change. Yet another night of sleeplessness ticked by deathly slow as the dappled awaited the dawning of a new day. Nothing seemed to be enough to rid him of this feeling and not one night remained in the last week where he was not awoken by it. Something needed to change but what was it that seemed to haunt him so desperately that it pained every waking moment. The shadows danced before him as the glow from his markings cast a faint bluish glow over the immediate area around him as his pacing carried him along between the trees. His mind was a mess of thoughts attempting to explain this sudden onset of never ending frustration.

Nothing bothered him as much as not knowing something and when it was created by his own mind it was infuriating at best. Since coming to Helovia he had tried to find something to quiet his mind but regardless of his effort he continued to feel as if he was missing something. Companionship perhaps? No it couldn't be that simple there had to be something more to it. His home was now within the Foothills alongside its residents yet still he could not seem to feel at peace. Sighing softly he returned to standing among the trees attempting to catch even a couple moments of shuteye before the sun rose upon the horizon to begin the new day. Instead of sleep his mind seemed to have other ideas and kept him wide awake despite his attempts. Closing his silver orbs to the darkness he amused himself listening to the sounds of the night all around him. Crickets chirped within the brush as that faint skitter of feet passed along the carpeted floor, likely only the raccoon's or some other nocturnal creature going about its business.

Fear was not something that came easily to the stallion thanks to the brutal regime his father made sure all their warriors went through. Many of them had been taken deep into the countryside blindfolded with only the aid of a guide beside you only to be left alone with the instructions to return to the herd. With those words said you would tear away the blindfold to reveal a foreign landscape as darkness set in with no idea what direction to turn. If you panicked and gave into your fear it was unlikely you would ever find your way home again safely, one had to learn to control their fear and think logically in order to find the right path. His first attempt left him lost for days out in the wilderness with little food or water as he attempted to avoid the many dangers out there. It wasn't until he learned to let go of his fear and listen to what the earth had to tell you before he finally returned.

Flicking his ears to the sound of approaching footsteps he remained still and quiet only his eyes trained on the spot where the individual would emerge from the treeline. It was not the sound of paws it was the sound of hooves, what was one doing up at this time of night? Curiosity grew as he calmly awaited the source of his answer. It would be easy to spot him within the brush now it was only the question of who would reveal themselves, if they didn't turn around and head away from him. He could rather use some conversation at the moment, it wasn't as if sleep would relieve his weariness anytime soon.

TAGS: @[Ktulu]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: You can post with whichever character you want XD I just tagged one of the two so you will know where the post is. :)

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

She had wandered far and wide since her departure from the Foothills, but this was the first time that she had gone to the forest that she had once called 'home'. With nothing but the moon, stars, and her memories to guide her, Ktulu made the trek in the darkness. Part of her hoped that she would find Ophelia within the confines of the forest, another part of her just wanted solace from the world that went on around her. Since when did she feel like her whole world had just stopped and was stagnant? "Since your father walked away from you and your sister left you." Came the reply from the bear who walked at her side. Ktulu knew in her heart that Eytan was right, but she didn't know how to fix it. She didn't fix anything, she just destroyed everything.

The moonlight was dappled under the thick cover of the trees and despite the ominous appearance of the forest, Ktulu felt a sense of home. She sighed, a mixture of relief and weariness, as she and Eytan pressed on. The scents of the forest were as she remembered; dampness from the dirt, the smell of decaying leaves, the smell of fresh wood from the occasional tree that had fallen and splintered. It was here that she could disappear into the darkness and only be seen by those that she wished to present herself to. It was here that she felt even the slightest sense of peace, but maybe that was because she could still smell the lingering scent of her sister even after so many months of forsaking the forest that had offered them protection from everything.

Her steps stopped and she found herself staring at a gap that had opened in a set of trees. Beyond that gap came the fresh scent of a Foothills stallion. Apollo? Ktulu breathed in deeply and felt disappointment set in when it was not Apollo's scent, but the scent of a stallion that she hadn't met. Obviously one who had joined their ranks after she'd left.

Rather than present herself to the stallion, Ktulu remained rooted where she was, several paces from the opening and hidden in darkness. "Are you lost?" She voiced her question and waited for the stallion to answer.

@[Ciceron]

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

The moonlight flickered between the trees sporadically leaving very little light below the treeline for anyone needing to see. Standing stock still beneath the canopy the stallion relied on sound to paint a picture for him to supplement the grey areas. The soft sound of hooves slowed until eventually they ceased altogether leaving a supplementing sound of another set of feet upon the bare earth. Scenting the air he noticed that of another equine, a mare to be more exact but the origin of her existence was a mystery. Most of the lands seemed to have a certain smell to them but this mare had many combinations mixed into her natural feminine odor. Perhaps she did not belong to any of the herds but instead chose to remain untied to any real connection. Neither the ocean nor the plains claimed her soul leaving her essentially free to do as she pleased.

The second scent was a little more troubling to him, a deep earthy scent combined with that of a predator. What confused him the most was that the same scent seemed etched into the mares scent as well, could it be that something that craved the very life source of others traveled with one that preferred otherwise? Perking his ears forward as the vocals of the mare sounded before him a ways he listened to what it was she had to say as she remained concealed in the very darkness serving her protection. "Are you lost?" A amused smirk turned up his lips at the question. No he was not lost, rather just passing through but what was this mare doing here?

"It depends who is asking, my dear." He replied keeping his tone even and calm. He was not worried about the mare but the unknown other that seemed to be lurking somewhere as well. His silver orbs stayed fixed to the spot where the voice had come from within the trees, all senses alert. "I mean you no harm please come so I may see who I converse with. My name is Ciceron of the Foothills and I am merely passing through the area." Tipping his head forward slightly he attempted to find the mare before she appeared on her own. Would she be alone? or would there be some sort of surprise accompanying her as well?

NOTES: Would you like me to continue to tag you in posts?

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Ktulu</style>
</style>

"It depends who is asking, my dear."

The expression on Ktulu's face darkened at the use of 'my dear' when the stallion addressed her. His tone may have been even and calm, but every instinct in her screamed that he thought she was weak. A very small part of her insisted that she was overreacting but it was easily drowned out and ignored. "Do not refer to me as my dear." The Constrictor warned. "My name is Ktulu." Would he even know who she was? What she had been? In the end it made little difference because she was no longer the Chieftess of the Foothills. She was probably little more than a distant memory in the minds of the ones she had led, already forgotten and cast aside like the memories from last night's dinner.

A quiet snort came as Ciceron claimed that he meant her no harm and asked for her to present herself. She was not worried about whether or not he meant her any harm. How would he know that she didn't mean him any harm? It was because he was already underestimating her and he didn't even know her. "Circle around." She mentally instructed Eytan. "Quietly." The grizzle nodded his head and slunk away from his bonded, his padded feet whisper soft on the leaves and pine needles that blanketed the forest floor.

She shook her mane, jostling the fireflies from the silvery strands. They had been with her for so long that she paid them very little mind anymore when they floated around her, but found herself missing their company if they wandered off. They were her final gift from the bear that had watched over the very woods that she was standing in now and she took a moment to watch them as the floated toward the opening that would lead to the stallion she was speaking to.

Ktulu followed after the fireflies, her steps slow and quiet, crimson eyes immediately locked on the stallion the moment she saw him. "You're a long way from the Foothills." She said as her steps came to a stop and she stood several yards from the stallion. An ear flickered as she heard Eytan's gruff voice within her mind, letting her know that he had circled around and was on Ciceron's other side. Truth be told, Ktulu had no intention of attacking the stallion or harming him in any way, but one could never be too careful and the element of surprise was invaluable.

@[Ciceron]

"."

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Awaiting for one to appear from the unknown was always a hasty game that could either turn out to be harmless or quite dangerous depending on how you look at it. You could never know what it was that was behind the blockade, while the scent of another equine seemed to be evident upon the air one could never be sure. For all he knew it could turn into a bloody mess rather quickly should something like a large cat or predator launch itself at him instead of the peaceful encounter one always hoped for at least in his case. Things were not all butterflies and posies but rather like playing with live grenades either it all blew up in your face or you would have a pleasant outcome to live another day.

Based on the short clipped tones of the mare his greeting had been taken the opposite way he had meant it to be perceived. Mentally he regretted the choice of words but what was said was said, nothing could take them back, well unless of course you could travel back in time to replay that very moment. A time machine would be needed for that, and so far he had met no one who could make one so it was hopeless. Who knows if it was possible but it was not something that he wished to be capable of doing. Things were supposed to happen for a reason or so they say, why change the small details and risk ending up with an alternate ending that was never meant to be. A perfectionist my relish in the opportunity to correct every flaw but what is perfect without a dent here or there? It would make for rather boring company that would be without life, character and even worse someone predictable.

Ktulu, The name did not ring any bells within his memory. Finally making her appearance his eyes flicked to the glowing insects that seemed to follow the mare making for quite the presentation. Dipping his head in greeting his soft orbs grazed over her appearance briefly picking up things worth noting such as the horn protruding from her forehead much like that of his own. The ebony and ivory contrast of her coat fit her well yet it was the vibrant tones of her optics that stood out among the rest. It was not often that you came across one with such a colour of eyes but always memorable when you did. Fear was not an emotion he felt easily without good reason and so far nothing irritated his internal radar. Wary yes as was warranted, fear no. "I apologize if I offended you, it was not intentional."

His words served more to reason with his regret of his poor choice of words but would serve their purpose to hopefully tone down any brewing irritation. Listening to her words as well as the sounds around them he noted that the other shuffling he had picked up on earlier had disappeared or at least stopped somewhere unknown, what was it anyway. "Indeed the Foothills are a fair distance but my soul cannot rest in only one place. There is much to see and many to meet if I was to reside within the borders solely I would miss out on ample opportunities to explore." Pausing for a couple seconds he carefully worded his next sentence. "What brings you out here Ktulu? Are you merely wandering such as I am?"

He remained hopeful that their conversation would turn away from his earlier misdirection and instead get back on course. Weight was distributed evenly between his hooves as he regarded her with continued composure and calmness wondering what it would be she would say next.

NOTES: Sorry for the delayed response :)

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Ktulu</style>
</style>

"I apologize if I offended you, it was not intentional."

Of course he had not meant to offend her, but the use of 'my dear' made Ktulu feel as if she were being taken lightly and she was not accustomed to it. The only ones who had ever called her 'dear' were in her family and had a right to do so. This stallion, she snorted as she looked at him, did not and it seemed she had made herself perfectly clear when he offered his apology.

Dark, delicately shaped ears swiveled forward as the stallion spoke once more of his reasons for venturing away from the Foothills. The Ex-Chieftess in her scoffed at his reasoning and felt that he would be better off patrolling the borders of the land he called home, but the wanderer in her agreed with his reasoning, though she could personally go without meeting many others. The only ones she actually wanted to meet with were still back in the Foothills and she dare not venture there without good reason and a friendly meet and greet was not good enough, no matter how much she loved and cared for Lakota and Apollo.

"What brings you out here, Ktulu? Are you merely wandering such as I am?"

"Self imposed isolation. Punishment." She answered, her gaze unwavering as she watched the stallion. He wouldn't understand what she meant and so she moved on. "My companion and I called this forest home several seasons back." For a brief moment her gaze flickered to the other side of the stallion where the bear appeared at the treeline and stood upright to make himself appear bigger and more dangerous. "We both felt it was time to return home." Eytan growled his agreement and dropped to all four feet but remained where he was at the treeline. "Why did you chose to come to this forest, Ciceron?" She didn't believe he was simply passing through the forest. It had a lot of hidden treasures to offer those who cared enough to learn the forest and just look.

There was one treasure that the forest had lost and would never get back, though, and that was the ancient bear who had gifted her with Eytan, the fireflies, and whatever hidden gift she had yet to discover upon his death. A dull ache in her chest made her suck in a quick breath.

@[Ciceron]
ooc:// sorry this took forever ;___;

"."

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Flicking his auds to the audible growl from behind him he wondered what exactly it was that was Ktulu's companion. It was not a small creature by the definition of the sound, his thoughts drifted to Merou who was hiding somewhere nearby hopefully he was safe. Returning his gaze to the mare he tried to draw reason from the response she had given. Punishment? Isolation? Why would anyone want such a thing, or deserve it for that matter?

From where Merou was hiding he could see the figure of the much larger bear standing watching his friend Ciceron and the other mare. Why was he out here when she was over there? The cub's curiosity grew as he watched the older living replica of himself perhaps he would like to play. Emerging from his hiding spot he made his way over to the other stopping to watch him for a moment or two before grunting softly to get its attention.

" We were just wandering through and getting to know the different lands." The stallion commented thinking that Ktulu might have thought something else was going on by the way she had asked the question. He wouldn't have thought that one would choose a forest as their home over other areas that were perhaps more favorable. Who was he to judge though everyone would see things in different ways anyway. The forest did offer much protection to its inhabitants maybe this was what drew the pair here, she did speak of isolation after all.

" May I ask why is it you chose to isolate yourself? What do you mean by punishment, surely no one deserves to be isolated. " His tone was soft as he spoke as he tried to figure out what would drive someone to the point where they felt they needed to isolate themselves. The mare seemed nice enough to him despite her rather cold exterior inside couldn't be the same.

••MUSE: Meh •• TAGS: Ktulu •• NOTES: Sorry for crappy post next will be better••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo