the Rift

[OPEN] (closed) This is where I found you...

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Look down, the ground below is crumbling
Look up, the stars are all exploding

Africa stirred early.

“Thank goodness…”She thought immediately with a curling smile, stretching one foreleg through the still-warm nest of rusty-hued sand, and then the other. It had been only days- maybe a week at most since she and Silas had returned home gratefully into the open arms of their beloved desert family, and already the snowy-white stockings pulled smartly about her knees was tinged that familiar red. Shadowy darkness was cast all about them by the just of limestone enclosing the den, blocking well the slither of half-light shed by a fingernail moon.

Africa was glad for the darkness because it meant she and her feathered friend, could set off while the feral heat of daytime had yet to swell into an overbearing haze. Dragon’s Throat never cooled like the northern flank of Helovia despite its seaside address- such was the nature of the desert, and her family made do comfortably, utilising the sunless hours to their advantage.

"Silas!" She whispered loudly, turning her supple muzzle to the sharp snag of rock upon which he normally roosted (it sat suitably high up from the floor for a Zephyr who preferred not to scrabble in the dust and dirt). "You need to wake up, now," followed a more pestering, persistent half whisper that the little avian could simply not ignore. It was not that he understood her direction- their communication skills were still weak, but that one sound while all else remained tranquil and slumbering, was grinding.
He let out a bothered chirp, a reprimand of sorts, because he had slept little through the night (given that he was truly a nocturnal creature), but Africa giggled and puffed an excited breath towards him as she propped herself up. One beady black eye peeled open and stared down at her, the invisible pupil within, pinning with displeasure. Africa heaved forward in a cloud of sand and dust, but considerately she withheld her ritual morning shake until she had slipped from their bed, out into the mild night-time air.
She looked afterwards, towards the oasis which lay peacefully still and silent in the not too far distance. The young dapple grey knew though that she could spare no such time to freshen by the cool, invigorating waters of the Throat- they really needed to start north as soon as possible.

With a huff she turned to rouse Silas again, more convincingly with an abrupt snort, but her Bonded was already landing upon her; powerful grasping claws uniting once more with the flinching skin canvassing her still knobby, spine. Africa craned her face around to throw a warm, affectionate smile towards him and he fluffed his small mass of sleek ebony feather in return.

Africa hastened north.

The journey had taken them a long time unfortunately, and by the time Africa’s sweat lathered, hot body was swallowed into the humid shadows of the deep forest, the sun had almost risen to its imperial throne in the clear blue sky. So grateful were the heat-stressed duo that they almost collapsed into a heaving, tangled mass together when Africa’s trembling, exhausted legs miscalculated a thick, exposed root and she stumbled.
"Oh!" She hesitated, only just catching herself with the reluctant balance of only one flung open wing. The Zephyr squawked as he too struggled to re-establish his poise, instead fluttering into the much more reliable arms of a thick, old oak. Disgruntled he began to sift through dishevelled feathers, one shining eye fixed to the mare.

"Now, it’s been so long since I came here…" Africa began, pawing at the mess of brown rotting leaves and frail twigs covering the forest floor. I"We should keep moving until the trees grow so close that I can barely squeeze between them.
But we might rest first, don’t you think?"
Silas clucked at the trailing sound of her voice as the sentence came to an end, and Africa nodded, presuming that he agreed.

credits

~ open to any

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
[Image: 33lf0ao.png]

I don’t understand my behavior
This knife is my savior
My only wish is to be heard
I just don’t care anymore
One day I’ll settle the score with myself

I find myself in an unusually good mood. The thickness of the trees canopy shelters me from the heat many others have to endure out on their own. I pity my ‘family’ back at the marsh, only the gods know how hot it is over there. That place could never be home to me. The Asylum has become a nuisance in my mind, but I stay because it hasn’t been long enough for me to decide. Nothing major has happened, so of course I find life there to be mundane and cumbersome. Part of me regrets ever agreeing to that harlequin’s invitation, but I still have to give the place a chance. In the end, I may find the place to be of great use to me.
“Why am I dampening my mood with negative thoughts?” I ask myself softly, “It is not often I find myself feeling, well, positive.” My mind is a dark place that is often filled with thoughts of sins, blood, and shadow. Many would find my mind a sort of hell, I know I do. Deeply rooted in my mind are the images of torment and death. At times I wish I could escape it, and this happens to be one of those times, because I know I’ll never be truly be happy. “Happiness is for the ignorant, I may as well enjoy what positive moods I get.”

A noise strikes my ears. Typically I am not the type to wander over to strangers, but I am curious. Each inhabitant I’ve met in this forest has always led to a most bizarre encounter. Silently, I follow from where I believe the sound came from. It doesn’t take me too long to find a mare. Confusion is the first reaction I have to her appearance. She is a one-winged, one of the sky that cannot fly. What a pitiful sight, but she doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by her lack of a wing. Is she a mutant perhaps? Wait, is it even possible for the sky ones to be born with only one wing? Oh that doesn't matter to me.

I notice a bird with her. What in the world? Does this mare really have some kind of birdie friend, like some heroine out of some child's fairy tale? Out of nowhere I hear myself giving out a chuckle, but it’s loud enough that she will probably be able to hear. “Damn it,” I murmur to myself as I watch the mare. Delightful, the last thing I need is a mare thinking I plan to attack her, and I wouldn’t blame her for thinking that, especially with my appearance, typically the scar got the girls running away.

Hope you don’t mind him joining.

Deceased

The snap of brittle twigs and the inevitable scuff of hooves through leaf matter roused Silas’s focus from the depths of his concentrated preening- the soft murmur of movement through the forest hadn’t appealed to Africa’s level of awareness; it was as subtle as the ripple of breeze across a deep spring pool. He sought the arrival of the stranger through the dim cloak of shade while his friend stewed, lost in thought, trying to remember the way to the pigeons hillock. Through beady, shining eyes the Zephyr watched intently from the branch he was perched upon, ruffling his purple-glossed, black feathers with guarded interest. Perceptive and shrewd by nature, the avian thought initially that the unusual looking horse posed little threat to his grounded and therefore vulnerable beloved.

A deep rumbling stirred, deep inside the chest of the Zephyr and while it was not nearly loud enough for another creature to receive, Africa felt its grim counsel penetrating the depths of her gentle heart. Immediately she looked towards Silas, eyes narrowing curiously as she found him gazing steadily, fixedly, towards something behind her. That was when the slight chop of someone’s chuckle slipped through the murky stillness around them- the sound was followed instantly by a curse heralded by the same voice and tone of the latter. The young sweaty mare turned swiftly; haunches clenched tightly; tail splitting apart as it licked against pivoting, storm-grey hocks.

Africa had come across quite a diverse population of horses throughout her year in Helovia- creatures so unique that more often than not their memory lingered across the surface of her mind, penetrating dreams and fantasies. She was not a warrior at heart, being of a kindly nature and gentle, approachable soul, and so naturally she found a strong affinity with the worlds lore, vast cultures- and those of her dearly loved homeland Dragon’s Throat.
This was the main reason she did not balk and flee from the Unicorn which her intelligent eyes fell upon- lingering just beyond a clutter of woody, half-naked juvenile trees (it was difficult to thrive when sunlight across the floor of this forest was so rare).

Cautiously polite, Africa took a deep breath before offering a cool, "Hello..." As her slender, toned body came to rest head-on to the Unicorn stallion, Africa made no secret of her interest in the other, allowing free range to the hungry wanderings of her honey brown eyes. He was, to her- in contrast of her perhaps dull appearance, rather a obscure sort of appaloosa; a speckled white maw; what she imagined was a whitish scar, jagged like forking lightning right down across his right-side eye; and a blanket of rich royal red cloaking his rump- the hue, from her off centre angle was the same as the horn which speared from the very centre of his forehead.

Naturally, a discreet shiver inched along her spine, and the lance-wound’s scar upon her croup seemed to burn at that horn’s sight.

credits

Deceased
Adoptable

This knife is my savior

I watch the mare as she notices me, just as I predicted. She doesn’t run or flee, instead she just turns towards me. The mare speaks a simple greeting, and then she scans me over, and I do just the same to her. I don’t deny the fact that she is easy on the eyes, but that means little to me. A pretty mare can still be a deadly one. As far as I know, this mare is really a killer who is a master in the art of the masquerade. With this thought, my gaze flickers to her eyes, studying them intently. The eyes aren’t even blue, so I dismiss the thought of her being within the Sin’s hands, for now at least. I’m starting to think the Sin has found new ways of disguising its Sinners, which is perhaps why my hunt has been so difficult.

I dare to take a couple steps closer, but still keep my distance. I notice the slightest shutter run through the mare. Intrigue sparks within me, is she afraid? No, if she was afraid she still wouldn’t be standing in front of me. My silence may make me out to be a bit malevolent to the mare, and I can be if she proves to be a Sinner.

“Hello,” I say finally, my tone indifferent. Briefly my eyes drift over toward her bird friend. I am honestly more interested in the bird than I am in the mare. Helovia has proven to be a bizarre place with bizarre individuals. I haven’t been here long enough where I am no longer phased by things, give it some more time and I am sure if a giant turkey fell from the sky I wouldn’t bat an eye.

I turn my head back toward the mare for a brief moment, and then back at the bird. “I’ve got a feeling that this bird friend of yours is something that would be considered normal here.” My gaze then turns back toward her friend. Something about a creature I could consider a friend sounds nice, especially since I can’t trust anyone else in this disgusting world. “Is there any specific reason why you two wander together? If it’s some personal story than forget I asked.” I don’t give a rat’s ass about this mare’s name let alone her back story but then again, if she is willing I might be willing to listen to the story of how she lost her wing, if it is an actual story and not some birth defect.

. "blah blah blah."

Deceased

The unresponsiveness in the stallion’s tone caught Africa a little off guard. She was not used to such unresponsiveness really, and while the nature of his lurking did strike her as a little peculiar (given that the few that had showed her such little interest, were primarily doing the same), she had not prepared herself for anything less than a reflection of her natural warmth. The one-winged mare shuffled awkwardly before him, readjusting her composure appropriately- to stand casually; with little concern, because he didn’t seem to attract the need.
All the while, Africa was watching the languid sky-blue gaze of her Unicorn company. It roved away from her eyes, rejecting the hold which the young mare was attempting to secure and trailed away towards Silas, she presumed, who she could feel leaning heavily across the slop of her back to watch. She sighed quietly, as she shifted her rump left a little across swinging black legs so that the pair could eye each other off more efficiently.

Silas stared critically at the stallion, who in turn was staring back. His shining black eyes travelled the length of the other’s face, both crosswise and vertically, each time pausing to glower at the weapon which extended from between those eyes. Not once was he distracted, not even as Africa’s weight shifted beneath the grasp of his stretched talons.

He spoke again at last, and Africa almost smiled with relief as the sound so suddenly broke the wall of uncomfortable silence which was forming all around them. Then she realised that he was not particularly interested in conversing with her, filling in some time or even a friendly interaction- at least. The raven-black stallion with his crimson rump was, it seemed, infatuated with her Bonded. Gruffly she shrugged, sighing with unusual intolerance- "He is native… yes." She answered curtly, misinterpreting his question as she peered at random about them. All At once, the reason for this venture came rushing back to fill her despairing thoughts and she lifted her face, turning it back towards the stranger. He spoke again, diverting the churn of her mind- still referring to Silas, and for a moment Africa’s eyes narrowed and shot a bothered glance his way.

"We are bound." She answered, recalling that she too had once bombarded Sohalia and Midas with these very curiosities- more eloquently, and with far better developed manners. The young dapple grey blinked as she watched him, not watching her. "Don’t you know of companions?" She asked then, a more natural manner embracing and dulling a little, the prickle which had crept into her character. Africa smiled for him, trying to perhaps lure the focus of his eyes back upon her.

Maybe, they could start over and be friends.

"I am Africa," She started cunningly. "Who are you." Tucking her chin into a brisk nod, she waited for him to reveal his identity- and then, and only then would the young mare offer any more information.

This guy was impossible….

credits

Deceased
Adoptable

This knife is my savior

I listen to the mare as she explains her birdy friend. And after my next question I catch the mare’s expression. Something about her gives me an air of displeasure. What have I done to be unpleasant? Maybe she’s just one of those mares that suffer from those mood swings mares so often have. Whatever the reason, I don’t really care. My mind is far too focused on the odd bird that stares me down just as much as I stare at him. Quite an interesting creature, and I wonder why in the world it doesn’t just fly off and mind it’s own business.

Then the mare speaks again. My gaze turns back to her. They are bound? I have no idea what that means and then she asks a question, and I notice her smile. What is there to smile about? Do I smile back? I’m in a better mood than usual, so I offer her my attempt at a smile back, but with the scar I probably look like some monster wanting to devour her and her little bird companion.

“No, I can’t say I’m familiar with the concepts of companions.” I say breaking my long silence, “I am still relatively new to Helovia so I’m learning the land slowly.” My tone lacks the apathy it once held, but I find my tone isn’t cordial and warm either. My voice is incapable of being soft and gentle, like all of me, it’s been hardened by years of darkness. Part of me wonders why this mare can be so welcoming to a stranger, especially if her lackof one wing is related to an accident caused by someone. I have all of my appendages and I don’t let anyone get within fifteen feet of me unless I know for a fact I’m stronger than them, like this mare for instance. This mare is a perfect example, if she proves to be a threat I am confident in my abilities, even if she is larger than me.

It takes me a moment to realize she gives me her name, and proceeds to ask my name. For a long moment I contemplate whether I should give out my name so freely, but then I decide there is no real power behind knowing my name. I am no one of importance within this land so its not like she can use my name against me.

“I am Vulture,” I say. Part of me wonders what in the world an Africa is, but I guess that doesn’t really matter that much, it’s just a name. Not everyone’s name needs to be after something specific. “Do you live here in this forest?” I feel like this mare may be seeking conversation, and I figure I can give her what she wants, while I weasel information from her about this land. Despite the fact I’ve been living here for close to a season I have yet to figure out complete details about what sort of herds and inhabitants are in this strange land of Helovia.

"blah blah blah."

Deceased

In the night the stormy night she'll close her eyes
In the night the stormy night away she'd fly

The sweat which had lathered into a slick-off-white froth between the points of her body which ordinarily rubbed together, began to dry, flake and diffuse; the shade offering enough relief from the heat which still lingered brightly beyond the dense forest, that she perspired no longer in the same fashion as when she was travelling. The air which clung about her was still humid and hot, but it was manageable without the burning sun to weary her body. Pale brown eyes scanned the aloof stallion before her when he spoke at last. His name was Vulture- a name which did not strike a chord in her shrewd memory, but someone who she now viewed with small dignity. Civility did lurk behind the mask of brutal indifference- even if it was only her that delved so deeply into the new acquaintance's personality. She could not help herself really, Africa always sought deeper than superficial first glance.

She nodded, impressed that he felt willing to offer his name- but not patronisingly so. The young friendly Pegasus was pleased simply that she had a name to place against his face should the need arise to find him in the future. "No I don't live here…" She chuckled cheerfully, whether or not he found amusement in the question or not. Ordinarily Africa did not consider any place like this- the Wilds, hospitable and certainly not well suited to home life. In her narrow-minded per spective, a home meant a herd to grow within, borders to protect and a reputation to uphold- Dragon's Throat was what came to mind right away. She could not see any herd thriving for any amount of time in an unsettling forest such as this- when Basilisk's and other fearsome creatures roamed. "Actually I come from Dragon's Throat..." She told him afterwards, whether or not he wanted to know; and added quickly because he had said he was quite new- "…a territory to the south."

She watched him with a patiently tender glaze across her gentle eyes, absorbing his body-language and expression as a whole, an attempt to gather his reaction- should there be one this time. "Where are you from?" Africa asked curiously, tilting her long feminine face to the side thoughtfully. Certainly not from the north she imagined, he did not seem… angry enough- that left only two other options, both of which were relatively neutral with her home.

Tagged: @[Vulture ]

credits

Deceased
Adoptable

This knife is my savior

I am not sure what I think of this mare. She gives off what is a welcoming personality to most, but I know what others use kindness for. I still need to display caution, I need to keep her at a distance, I know these types. They use their kind words and bat their eyes innocently in an attempt to catch you off-guard.

As the mare tells me of how she doesn’t live there, she laughs. Did I say something funny? Or is she just making fun of me? Whatever the reason, it’s probably something ridiculous that stems from her girlish thoughts and brain. A mare’s mind is a complex place I never desire to get a glimpse of, and this mare is no exception to the rule. This mare speaks of her home, the Dragon’s Throat, a place that lies to the south. I can get the feeling that this place is probably hot just based upon the name and direction it is located.

She is watching me, and I am not entirely sure what her expression is. I shift my body a bit awkwardly. I’m not used to individuals seeking out conversation, and I’m not used to someone looking at me in such a way. I can’t tell if it’s a look of malice, or what, its complex in my mind and I can’t make heads or tails of it.

She asks me yet another question. Where am I from? I take it she means home, not exactly my place of origin. “I’m from the Asylum,” I reply. I don’t have any intentions of elaborating on my home, even though I have no loyalty to them, there is no reason to give out unnecessary information. I don’t want those psychotic leaders of mine to decide I’ll be their next little play toy.

"blah blah blah."

Deceased
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream

Long black lashes did flutter together with a tranquil innocence as she watched and considered her brooding company. There was behind them though, lurking and rippling across the surface of glistening fawn pools, great awareness and knowledge- perhaps more so than suited her youthful age. She had been an adventurer, a foolish one at that, and the murky grey puddles strewn all over the tight canvas of her hide were marred with clean, raw scar spatters, and streaks- all which she had not quite deserved. So too was the empty sag of skin across a pointless shoulder-socket a reminder that perhaps the true worth of a character lurked far beneath their skin.

The sudden shrill chime of a bird above their heads attracted Africa’s attention, and her eyes peeled from the stallion to find the feathered creature’s roots in the vast, thick canopy above. Scanning the rich array of emerald foliage without success she returned her focus squarely upon Vulture. Silas sounded something alike to an unsettled growl from the new closer branch he had slipped over to, unsatisfied with the lack of banter; the missing connection between his beloved and the Unicorn.

Even as the horned horse revealed the unfamiliar title of his herd- a name she thought described her oasis beautifully also, Africa found herself shrugging autonomously, at the shallow, almost one-sided nature of their fast failing conversation.

With a gentle nudging voice she threw into its midst one final attempt to rouse more significant interest from the indifferent, apparently aloof stallion. “Silas and I are searching for a Basilisk." She began with two tolerant flicks of her long crimson and black tail. “You haven’t seen her have you- or well, noticed the trail one might have left behind?" Another giggle slipped through just parted lips, soft and sweet. The young mare remembered the rule that one’s eyes should never fix upon the form of such a creature. She had not witnessed the product of that mistake personally- the company who had shared that adventure all those moons ago had been wise and careful.

The reason for this journey was news to Silas and his head turned towards the dappled mare with a critical, narrowed glare. So much care did he take, tending to the safety of his beloved, that the idea of her thrusting herself into harm’s way did not automatically rouse his appeal.

credits

Deceased
Adoptable

This knife is my savior

My gaze snaps to the direction of the bird when it chirp, my eyes widen a bit and my ears draw forward. I know the bird is there, but perhaps I had forgotten for a moment, I can never be too cautious. I give out a snort and then turn my gaze back to the mare as she simply shrugs. For a moment the thought of leaving crosses through my mind as there has been nothing but useless banter between us, but then she mentions a basilisk.

Why in the world is she looking for a basilisk? Does she value her life? I have only heard of these creatures, and I am not even sure they are real, but still, these are creatures of deadly legends. The kind of stories you tell to scare foals out of their wits and get them to not wander too far from their mother’s side. At least for me, running into a giant snake doesn’t sound the slightest bit appealing, but I will admit this mare has finally managed to pull me out of my apathetic shell, my interest is piqued by the search, and I want to know the motivation.

“I-uh, can’t say I have seen a basilisk anywhere… Quite honestly, I thought they were just a bunch of myths.” I reply, my tone has lost it’s simple indifference, and is just dripping with the curiosity that’s formed inside of me. If this mare has been seeking interest from me, she has managed to be successful, because I cannot deny I’m awaiting an explanation for this strange being she has mentioned.

I can’t quite understand the girlish giggles coming from her mouth, it just reeks of filly fantasies of adventure. The kind of adventure fantasies where in the end, the heroine marches off into the sunset unharmed with a lover at her at her side, in this case I suppose it’s a birdie friend. I always find mares to be complicated, okay, mares like Eris and Histe aren’t complicated to me, they look through life with only one thing in mind and that’s to spew peoples guts. Africa isn’t one of those mares, she strikes me as the kind of person that has dreams, happy thoughts, and most of all her sanity. The kind of person I had been briefly in my childhood, but lost as I grew. A mind full of light and happiness is beyond my comprehension, because I have a mind full of shadows and rage, but I guess that isn’t the case here. My mind is focused on that odd basilisk.

“I’ve got to ask.. Is there a particular reason why you’re looking for a basilisk? Or did you kind of just decide it would be fun?" I ask looking at the mare with my head slightly cocked.

. "blah blah blah."

Deceased
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream

As the stallion’s interest reached a rather sudden pinnacle- ears rocking forward, erect and with a focus she had not yet been witness to; penetrating eyes, shining with interest, fixed upon her; voice lathered with undeniable curiosity, Africa snorted softly with gently flapping nostrils, taken a little by surprise. Perhaps she had been too swift to judge him; to presume him a strange and unsociable. A quietly reflective smile etched through her sparkling creamy eyes as she discovered that finally his interest had been engaged. It did not surprise her overly that Vulture had not come across her Basilisk- or any other for that matter and nodded without complaint as he told her so. Patiently she settled her weight right, tilting to opposite hind-hoof off the ground. The terrible mythical beast that the one-winged mare sought was a habitually elusive creature, and perhaps that was why it held its place among the most famous of fairy-tale animals- it was only spoken of; rarely seen. Africa had seen it though. She had frightened the roaring creature from its quest to recover the egg from the strange talking pigeons.

“They aren’t just myths." The dreamy young mare reassured him, shaking her head slowly at his ignorance. “I have seen the Basilisk who lives in this forest, well you know- I didn’t look right at her obviously, she was very angry." Africa peered with expanding intrigue as the stallion with the white blemish zigzagging below his right eye, queried her experience further- breaking finally into conversation at last. Although she usually preferred to learn about travellers she met, their experiences and legacies, she took great pleasure in sharing the story of the Basilisk and the egg and continued without missing a beat.

“No, I’m not foolish enough to consider endangering my life fun…" “…Anymore…” She thought with an unusually dramatic bitterness towards herself. “I took something from the beast a long while back, an egg, though I don’t have it anymore." Africa hadn’t put two and too together really, she was smart and perceptive yet, but without the experience of watching Silas hatch from the prize egg, she had not realised the connection between the two. From her perspective, the egg had been lost- broken while she had been away from home by pilfering coyotes or snakes; while she had not been there to protect it. Truly, the poor thing had met the end the greedy pigeons had intended for it anyway- a hearty meal. She shuddered at the thought and transferred wandering eyes back to he who was waiting for the proper explanation. “I suppose I wanted to see if she was still lurking somewhere in the shadows here, so I might find out what sort of character it was without rage blistering it’s mind. To learn more about their kind in general." Africa sighed a little, realising the silly ambition that had dragged she and her bonded so far from home. She had assumed Silas would be just as intrigued as she still was, but he sat huddled- uncomfortable and aloof. “I think we might try another time." The dappled mare smiled gently, shrugged her shoulders and restoring equal weight across each of her long, sturdy legs. Maybe they would just collect the local mushrooms and lichen that clothed the dank rocks far in the forest’s depths- a tasty treat for those back home.

For @[Vulture]

credits

Deceased
Adoptable

This knife is my savior

I listen to the mare, my interest that once was there is now fading. That’s so typical of me, find something interesting about a creature and within a flash its gone. This mare is no exception. If I wasn’t such a solitary being maybe I would enjoy her company, maybe if my mind wasn’t such a black hole I’d be able to relate to her more. Instead, I find her a whimsical creature with delusions about the world. Let her think of the world as a place with hope and joy, ignorance is pure bliss. Hell, I wish I could be ignorant of the monsters that lurk within the darkness. Alas, I am the slayer of monsters so I am so very aware that it’s frightening.

. “At least you have sense enough to not recklessly throw yourself into danger.” I say, not realizing how harsh I am. Quite honestly, if she takes offense she can go cry me a river, but this mare seems steady enough to keep composure. Though she may not appreciate my cold sharp words, nobody ever seems to appreciate my double-edged tongue. . “You’ll try again to find a monstrous snake that will turn you to stone with a single glance?” I smirk with cold amusement, and then laugh softly and shake my head. . “I don’t understand you, you know that?” I don’t understand anyone, so she isn’t a special snowflake.

I shift my legs slightly, feeling a bit antsy. As my interest fades from this mare, and she proves herself to be all the more mundane, I am beginning to think time to take my leave is approaching. Maybe I can head to that god forsaken swamp and finally introduce myself to the wackjobs that lurk there. I can kill some boredom there.

. “Listen, it’s been fun… Africa right? I wish you luck on your basilisk hunt, but I myself feeling the pull back to the shadows.” I don’t give any kind of farewell gesture, in fact, all I do is turn and walk off into the trees without another word or waiting for her to give a goodbye.

. "blah blah blah."
@[Africa]

[Image: 2yo7n0m.png]
I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed
Get along with the voices inside of my head

Deceased
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

She tried not to take offence. The words which slipped so effortlessly from the bland-natured, strange stallion’s lips sliced through politely attuned, forward tilted ears and sank like molten lava into the optimistic throb of Africa’s young and sensitive heart. She clenched her teeth and swallowed hard, forcing the smile to sit in place across her facade as unaffected as she could manage. Unfortunately, the dappled mare was quite transparent; her nature overly forthcoming and generous, and so her pale eyes glassed instantly with bemused discomposure.

“No pain, no gain…” She mumbled beneath her breath- it was something she had heard many times but hadn’t actually applied it to herself at all; eying him cautiously though still his indifference offered little guide into the apparently distorted recesses of his unpleasant mind. Quickly the young grey reassured herself that the Basilisk, her endeavour and all that had occurred in-between had been quite marvellous and that the benefit from her experience far outweighed the loss, should she never have thrown herself into it. He sneered coldly and Africa snorted disconcertedly at the sudden shift in his composure- the nasty streak which had surfaced and slapped her across the face.

Vulture began to move; to twitch and switch his weight, and Africa’s ears leaned backwards to rest atop the tangles of her unruly, oily mane. Already she could see that his attention was lost, and she thought promptly that it was for the better. The lacking information about him she had been given (compared to the bountiful graced to him), the prickliness and unstable disposition, was enough to sour the image of his memory in her mind. Her tail flicked with irritation across the flexing pinch of her hocks as he addressed her finally, his tone almost feeling condescending as she received it resentfully. Africa could not agree- no matter how sarcastic the comment had been meant.

Perhaps she would think twice about stopping for the sake of strangers from now on. There seemed to be a higher population of arrogant, aggressive clowns roaming these days… As he turned without so much as a flinch of his dark canvased rump, Africa did also, though the desire to find her fairy-tale creature had turned somewhat sour. Instead she turned south the way she had come, and she and Silas headed for home.