the Rift

[OPEN] Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Though she had found some peace among new friends in the threshold, the easy silence between herself and Alysanne brought her mind wandering back to memories of Antheia's death, so fresh in her mind. Every so often she would sigh out of sadness or frustration. For the most part, however, she tried to keep a gentle smile on her face and when the opportunity arose she would chat about this or that. Nothing important, just small talk, but it gave her some peace where there otherwise was none.

As they came to the borders of the land where the mists started, Kahlua looked back to other mare and smiled. “Welcome home!” Looking back towards the forest, she felt her heart sore in love and pride. Interestingly, there was another note as well. For the first time, she did not have to stop and tell her new friend to remain standing at the borders. She had risen in ranks, as she had desired, and she could walk across the borders with confidence. She was not above asking her equals, of course, if the subject she was bringing home seemed suspicious. Alysanne was far from suspicious, though. Had she not cradled Kahlua without question? Had she not given her advice on how to rid her rump of the mushroom plague? Yes, Kahlua felt that she must be a good and welcome soul here, so she continued on without pause as they entered the land.

“Someday we will build a wall, to keep invaders out,” she said with a smile. She did not mean to frighten the poor girl. She spoke of the wall because it was what she knew to be her duty. Besides, anything to keep her mind from the death bells that sang in the back of her mind. “Thank you again for.... for helping me. I appreciate it.” And then, because she always wanted everyone to like her, because it came to her head, and because she felt that thanks was not enough, she stopped for a second.

“I... Here, hold still for a moment,” she said as her smile faded, but only because she was concentrating. Closing her eyes to imagine something, she opened them and took a visual measure of Aly's ears before she began working. The work was quite quick, as the object was small, but before the two of them the mists began to fold and twist upon one another, connecting and solidifying into a chain that would just fit around Aly's ears. At the front, center of the headband the mists made links down, ending with a small glass heart. Grabbing the thing out of the air before it fell to the ground, Kahlua lifted her head as though to lay it around Aly's ears. She hoped the mare would not object.

OOC| Set before the wall is built. Kahlua basically made a headband: Inspiration. Except its like a necklace chain made of glass, and there is only one chain hanging down from the center of it. It should rest on the center of her forehead when in place. I hope you like it! If you need a drawing to imagine what I'm trying to say, just let me know!

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Their trip was spent mostly in silence, with the occasional small talk passing between them. Not one to be troubled by silence – Alysanne spent the trip alternating between taking in everything she could about the world around them and keeping an eye on Kahlua. Although the other black and white mare kept a rather cheerful outer image, Aly worried about the sadness underneath. Twice, as they walked together, when she thought that she caught a particularly sad expression in the eyes of her new friend she reached out with a gentle touch – reassuring her, comforting her, reminding her that she was with a friend.

Thankfully, those terrible mushrooms were gone – relieving some of the distress from her friend.

And then there was a noticeable change as they entered Kahlua’s home. With the welcoming smile Aly could see that she was with someone that truly loved her home and felt pride in it. She had been given that impression back in the Threshold, certainly, but to actually see it was something incredible to behold. For Aly had never felt that for any home – she had never been in any place for so long. She considered Nocturne home only because her friends and family were there.

Little did she know who had also made the migration.

As they passed the border, Aly listened with interest as Kahlua mentioned building a wall to keep out intruders. The black and white Pegasus might wish for a peaceful world but she knew that there were always those that did not want peace. But the idea was rather interesting. “A wall! How fascinating. Out of what?” The only walls she had seen before were the ruins in Nocturne, stone held together by materials she did not understand leftover from a time long forgotten when humans were the dominant life there.

When Kahlua told her to stand still, Aly obliged but watched the other mare with a curious smile. She wasn’t entirely sure what to expect – maybe she was going to call for the other herd members – but quickly Aly realized that was not the case. She watched in absolute awe as Kahlua worked magic mists and created something so beautiful out of it. It took a moment for the Pegasus to realize that it was a gift for her. “Oh Kahlua! It’s so beautiful!” She lowered her head slightly, showing her acceptance of the gift. “I didn’t even know such magic was possible – you have a wonderful gift, my dear. Is it fragile?” Straightening up, she was positively beaming – she felt so touched by the gesture. “I feel like a princess.” She commented with a light laugh, ruffling her large wings the way she did when she felt truly content.

The headband was light, but she was unaccustomed to having something on her head – she imagined it might take a little while to get used to. She might even move a little strangely while she was getting used to it – worried as she was about having it slip off and break. Emerald eyes are focused on Kahlua as she spoke a truly heartfelt “Thank you.”

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

A wall, how fascinating, the pegasus inquired and Kahlua merely motioned to the mists. She would see soon enough, what the material would be. Glass. Some might wonder how the water vapor of the land turned to the crystalline structure but Kahlua was no scholar and simple at best, she simply accepted her gift for what it was. And just as Kahlua accepted her own gifts, Alysanne saw fit to accept hers. As her head lowered, Kahlua settled the creation around her ears and smiled easily at her handiwork. For a moment, she hummed her pleasure as Aly commented on the handiwork, but fell silent as the pegasus asked her about the jewelry.

Is it fragile? she finished and Kahlua shook her head. “No, it should withstand normal wear and tear,” she started, but then quickly added after, “Though I suppose it might break in battle if it was struck.” She did not think that Alysanne seemed like much of a fighter after their interactions, but she knew from her own experience that non-fighters could be drawn into battle. She had been in two fights, evidenced by the foot-long scar that marred her left thigh. Normally, her looks would have been more important, but her life in the Edge had been at stake. She would never let the land fall, no matter the consequences.

“It is a gift from gods,” she added after Alysanne said she felt like a princess, bobbing her head in a pleased manner. Every moment she spent with this mare sent her mind farther and farther from Antheia's death. It was not forgotten, surely she would soon remember it, but for now she was finding some peace. Thank goodness. She was not a pretty mourner, as Alysanne had found out first hand. “The Lady of the Moon watches over our land. She grants me my magic to create.” She motioned up to the sky out of habit- the moon had been the only source of light in Helovia for much of winter and spring, and so even though the sun shone down now she was accustomed to the moon's constant presence.

Content with their gentle interaction, Kahlua added softly at the end, “I hope you'll find it comfortable here. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer.” Then, because she did not feel like standing, she began to move off. “I'll show you more,” she smiled, looking back to make sure the Alysanne followed.

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Terror gripped the mare as she was yet again forced to watch her herd getting slaughtered at the hooves of rouge stallions. The coppery stench was laid heavily in the air as one by one her friends and family died before her. The only words she heard was those of her mother telling her to run. The dream then skipped ahead and she found herself trapped with the evil eyes of her pursuers staring her down as they approached completely unafraid. She could feel the cold stone pressed up against her rear preventing her escape, tears fell from her eyes as she begged helplessly for the two stallions to let her go. The large painted stallion bore many scars upon his pelt as the younger of the pair watched with amusement and concentration. She knew what was going to happen next and desperately fought the best she could but it was no use. The last thing she seen was the stallion lunging for her, teeth bared ready to sink into her flesh.

Whipping her head up as her eyes flew open the white fae found herself laying beneath a few trees, where she had settled down to rest not all that long ago. Her breath was ragged and her coat was dampened with sweat but she was alone, thank goodness. Heaving a sigh she dropped her head back to the ground as her breathing slowly returned to normal and the sweat faded, would this ever go away, she wasn't sure how much more she could take. Giving up on the idea of getting anymore rest she pulled herself to her feet, shaking off the bits of grass that clung to her coat. Voices drifted along the breeze to her, turning her head to find the source she spotted Kahlua and another mare she did not recognize. Deciding to go say hello she nickered softly to the pair as she ventured closer.

"Hello there, what are you up to?" She asked with curiosity glancing from Kahlua to the other mare who she gave a friendly smile. She was definitely not the best person for making small talk or socializing but at least she was trying, it would take awhile before she would become decent at it. Spotting the sparkling band the pegasus wore upon her crown she studied it with wonder. "Your band is beautiful, did Kahlua make it for you?"

She had known that Kahlua was talented at making things from prior conversations but she had completely outdone herself this time, it was gorgeous. Maybe it was possible to learn how to make things such as this, not that she would be any good at it though she thought silently to herself. At least this was a welcome distraction from her nightmare, and a good chance to get to know some of the others of the herd.

TAGS: Kahlua, @[Alysanne]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: Hope you don't mind Brisa dropping in :)

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

When Aly complimented Kahlua’s ability, she attributed it to a gift from the gods – to the Lady of the Moon. Well, she had just seen her new friend spin a glass band out of mist and air – anything was possible. “Wait, gods?” When Kahlua motioned to the sky, Alysanne could not help but follow her gaze – checking to see if there was something visible. But of course, there wasn't. “There are gods here?” It was a strange concept to her. Where she had come from there were strange creatures – elementals that could weave the power of any particular element, demons that clawed their way out of Hell to torment those on Earth and angels that descended to fight their fallen brethren. But gods? She was open to the idea and her tone was not one of disbelief – just curiosity. “I’m sorry, but that’s not something I’ve ever heard of.”

She had already seen so much that was new and strange to her; the concept of gods did not seem so far fetched. Perhaps they were like the elementals back home. Aly had the feeling that what she had learned so far was nothing compared to the secrets that she had yet to discover about Helovia. Were any as dark as those that lurked at Nocturne?

She fell into step beside Kahlua and another mare joined them soon after – Alysanne welcomed the stranger with a bright smile, inviting her to walk with them (for the Pegasus was excited to see the rest of this land). “Hello! Dear Kahlua here was just showing me around – I’m new to Helovia. My name is Alysanne, but please – just Aly. You’re most welcome to join us.”

As grey mare’s attention turned to the band on Aly’s head, Aly looked to Kahlua with such a proud smile. Never had she before been given such a gift and the other black and white mare was so endeared to her in such a small time. “Yes! She did. She has a beautiful talent.” It was an honour to wear it.

There were so many questions in her mind about World’s Edge and about Helovia as a whole. Although an invitation to ask had been made, she did not want to burden her newfound friends with all of the curiosity she felt.

Now that she had the company of two lovely mares – they made quite the monochromatic trio – she mulled over which of her questions to start with. Bright emerald eyes roam to take it all in as they move deeper into the territory. “Well let’s see. Where to begin? You mentioned that your leaders were Mirage and Thor and that the herd is called the Qian, yes?” A rhetorical question, she was rather making sure that she was remembering their conversation from earlier correctly. She hoped to meet the two of them sometime. Kahlua had referred to them as ‘the Dragon Heart’ and ‘the Gentle Heart’ – such curious titles – but she had also said they were kind. “What is expected of the members of the herd?” Were there jobs to perform? Expectations to hold up? She could see other figures around, could smell the scent of others on the air, and wondered jut how many members of the Qian there were – whether they were all as pleasant as Kahlua. It did not normally work out that way, Aly knew, but if they were a peaceful herd she would find it easier to stay here.

made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Wait, Gods? That was one feeling the mare understood perfectly. She had heard nothing of them upon her arrival here, and in fact had thought herself crazy. The first being she had come upon was a pegasus, after all, and she had never seen one before. But here she was now, living in a fantasy world that was all her own. I'm sorry, the pegasus continued and Kahlua shook her head. “Don't be sorry. I said the same thing.” Passing through the trees, she was getting ready to speak again when she and the pegasus were joined by a third. Brisa! If she was going to continue on about them, she totally forgot.

“Hello!” Her voice was trying to bright and cheery, grateful to see the mare, but undertones of her sadness returned. Brisa had been there that fateful day when Antheia had ended her life. She had consoled Kahlua, another soul that Kahlua was indebted to. She might have laid on the pine-needled ground for all of eternity if Brisa had not broke her dramatic mourning. At least the compliment that Brisa gave to Aly allowed Kahlua a moment of self-indulgent pride. Her work was appreciated, and to hear them both compliment her helped to life her soul towards the sun. “Brisa, thank you again,” she said when there was an opening in the conversation. She did not elaborate. Brisa would know what the thanks were for and she did not want to start crying again in front of their newest member. Trying to talk about the subject was too sore right now.

As Aly went on to inquire about the herd, Kahlua bobbed her head amicably. The information was all correct. She added in after, because she could not remember if she had said it before or not, “We only want peace. I suppose there are others that want differently.” For a moment, her mouth twisted up as she thought of the invasion and her battle to keep Farenjer out of the land, but the thought passed quickly. “You are only expected to do so much as you would like. You can become an apprentice to the warriors, crafters, healers, scholars or informants if you wish, but it is not required.” The words were very similar to those she had spoken to Brisa not so long ago.

Despite the fact that she had longed for her power and title for so long, Kahlua felt strange now. She was fully aware that she was not as smart as many of the other horses. Did she really want this power now? The magic, yes. Welcoming others to the herd, yes. But to be looked up to as a leader? Was she prepared for the responsibility? She could not say. Only time would tell. Eventually, as they walked, they came near to the little patch of heaven that Kahlua called home. It was a simple clearing between some trees, several gems stored away under their boughs. Additionally, four glass statues (a dragon, bear, eagle and scorpion) were situated on the ground near a basket. They were to be gifts for the other herds, eventually. Kahlua had not yet gotten to delivering them.

“I like to call this little place my own,” she said with a laugh. Just across the way, an herb garden grew- Resplendence's. “And Resplendence lives over there. She is one of the healers and she certainly saved my life and leg. Please call upon her if you ever need help.” Ahead, the sounds of waves crashing against the cliff bottoms made Kahlua stop short. Her ears flicked towards the cliff edge she could not yet see and her tail flicked in agitation. Was the body still there? She didn't think she could bear to see it. Wide eyed, she looked between Brisa and Aly then, searching for some comfort from them. She did not like this at all.

Joining in on the conversation had been a good idea, it was a good distraction for the time being to get her mind out of the horrid dreams. The new mare, Alysanne, was a unique character with what appeared to be a huge personality that she was already enjoying. She could see them becoming good friends in the near future, she was not rude or rash like some of the other mares tended to be. Kahlua had already become a very good friend to her and the sad day of Antheia's death had brought them even closer together. The sadness still was fresh upon her conscious and even bringing the thought forward caused her heart to contract painfully at the memory. Hopefully neither Kahlua or herself would ever have to relive anything like that ever again, it would likely tear them to shreds making it impossible to pick up the pieces again. “Brisa, thank you again,” Turning her head to touch Kahlua's shoulder in appreciation she had to fight back the memories once more as she was sure her friend was doing as well. "There is no need to thank me, I wanted to help." She replied gently.

Turning her head back to Aly she smiled gently. "It is great to meet you Aly, and I would love to join you, thank you. My name is Brisa." As she walked along with her two friends she couldn't help but get a sense of deja vu as the topic returned to what it meant to be a member of the edge. Kahlua had been nice enough to help guide her through all of this only weeks earlier when she had arrived here in Helovia. She had still not managed to find something that she felt drawn to job wise, it would take awhile for her to fully decide. Listening intently to the descriptions once again she refreshed her memory once again seeing if anything intrigued her this time around. The mention of Resplendance being the herd's healer was new information to her, maybe she would have to find the mare and see what the job was like for herself. She would have to track her down later on for as the beautiful glass statues came into view she was immediately distracted from the thought.

"Oh wow, Kahlua these are magnificent! How did you ever become so talented, I am jealous." She was absolutely stunned by the beauty the statues held, so much detail it was like they were real life creature before her. She was particularly drawn to the figure of the dragon remembering the creature that had bonded to Destrier. They were such exquisite creatures with a sharp mind, and they were just plain fascinating to her not knowing a whole lot about the capabilities of the magic within this realm. Turning her head to Kahlua she noted immediately the fear that flickered within her eyes, brow creasing in confusion momentarily it took her a minute to realize it was the churning waves at the base of the cliffs that caused her friend's anxiety. It was an unsettling sound that was fresh within both of their minds with the only memory being that of tragedy. Raising her blue eyes to meet those of her friend she held her gaze with a knowing expression yet spoke no words. There was nothing that could be said that wouldn't bring everything crashing back to reality for them both, neither of them needed that right now.

Sidestepping she bumped her shoulder gently into Kahlua's a small smile touching her maw as her eyes met hers once again. It would take a long time for them to heal from this experience, though the healing would never be complete it would at least make it easier to cope. "So Aly what kind of things do you enjoy doing? Do you have any sort of hobbies or what not?" Her lyrics were light in spite of the dark depressing images that plagued her mind lately, maybe a change of subject may help them all to feel a little more happy. She was interested in finding out more of who Aly was, she was a beautiful mare and one that could bring her own spirits up just by talking to her. That was definitely something that was a very good thing at this sad time, hopefully Kahlua could reap from this quality as well.

TAGS: @[Alysanne], Kahlua
NOTES: None

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

The coming of Brisa had put the subject of the gods right out of Alysanne’s mind as well, though it would undoubtedly resurface at a future point when the subject was brought up again. Her mind, at the moment, had refocused on Kahlua as she explained the different possibilities of what the members could do. It was good to know that she would not have to pick an option. Aly wasn’t certain how long she would be here. Her heart ached for her friends and family that were somewhere else.

As someone who did not entirely believe in fate, she thought her luck was incredible. The Qian were the perfect match, from Kahlua’s description and the first impressions she was gaining from her time her. Peace. Aly wanted nothing more than to live a peaceful life, to see those she cared for live in such a way too.

She wondered whether there was a darkness in Helovia, like there was in Nocturne. Were there demons here? If there weren’t, this was the safer place – she just knew it. No more hauntings, no more fear. A hope, flashing bright as it began, took root. For now, though, the conversation was on happier things. She would ask Kahlua about the darkness in time.

She pondered the options available, was curious about it all, save perhaps the warriors. Well, perhaps there was a degree of curiosity there as well – but not enough to make her want to seek one out and try her hand at battling.

“I’m glad to hear there’s no steadfast requirement. I’m not sure how long I’ll be staying. My son… well, I miss him.” And here, the moment when her smile faltered. She had mentioned her potential-temporary status to Kahlua back at the Threshold and still it gnawed at her. There was uncertainty in her voice as she spoke about it. Every step they took, she felt like she was growing attached to this place. If she left, she’d be trading missing her family for missing something new. Her son was safe, she knew that, but what sort of mother would she be if she just gave up the idea of seeing him again? There was a whole life back in Nocturne.

But she must not be rude and forget where she was - in the company of two lovely mares. Her smile returned, with uneasily at first but soon returning to its usual brightness. “Though I do appreciate the hospitality, and hopefully I’ll find a way to repay you all before I leave.” How, she did not know. A million thanks, if nothing else. The subject stirred the curiosity she felt about her two companions – they were already considered friends, so amiable were their natures, but she knew so little about them. “Have you two lived here for long?”

But then they came to a little clearing between some trees and once more Aly was amazed at the talent her friend had. “Magnificent indeed!” Aly echoed Brisa’s praise – stepping cautiously towards the statues but too wary to get too close. It was glass, like her headband and the wall, but the substance was still new to her. It reminded her of ice – and she knew all too well how fragile ice could be. After examining the bear, she turned to see the look on Kahlua’s face. The heartbreak that had been experienced was so close; a little fracturing was to be expected. The Pegasus re-joined the pair, offering an encouraging smile that paired well with Brisa’s nudge, before focusing on the grey mare’s words. Yes, a change in topic might be just what is needed.

“Enjoy? Well, I used to be able to heal, though the magic seemed to have been tied to the land I came from. Apart from that… what I really enjoy is learning about those I meet and, of course, plants – I’ve been studying them all my life. Though I feel like I’ve got a lot more to learn now that I’ve come here.” The amount of new species was overwhelming, but it was evident from the bright smile in Alysanne’s green eyes that she delighted in the pursuit. She had recognized a few specimens, here and there, but for the most part Alysanne had found herself in an incredible world where everything was new and fresh. “Our talented friend here is a crafter – one of the finest in Helovia I wager.” A bold statement, but surrounded by the clear, dazzling sculptures – how could Aly believe any different? And she did believe it, with the utmost sincerity. Alright, perhaps she was a little biased but Kahlua deserved the praise. “But what about you, Brisa? Have you thought about being an apprentice?”

Her attention had not yet lighted upon the herb garden nearby – which was all well and good, because she might forget herself and go to explore it. The world she had been first introduced to was one composed entirely of her father, herself, and the plants in the forest they lived in. It was a connection that she was unlikely to lose, even in a land as foreign as this.

made by the lovely tamme

As Alysanne again mentioned that she may not be staying very long, Kahlua could not help but feel a new type of sadness work its way through her brain. Already, she was rather fond of the girl and it would be a shame to see her go. Still, she understood the memories of lost family and desires to be elsewhere. At least, she understood the feeling superficially. Clearly Alysanne had more of an emotion connection to her old homeland. Already, Kahlua was forgetting her past, integrating herself fully into this land, become as native a Helovian as it was possible to be. And besides, Kahlua didn't have any foals to speak of back home. Poor Aly seemed to have lost her son. Doing her best to show sympathy (though it was difficult in that the painted girl was not especially fond of children), she reached her nose out to touch Aly's shoulder. She had no words. It was probably better. What words could console a grieving mother?

She barely caught Alysanne's question (though this time she stored it away for future answering) before she was bombarded with praise for her creations. She was a vain creature, so she was not shy in accepting their complements. Rather, she soaked in them, letting them lift her and brighten her spirit. Extroverts required friends. Kahlua was glad she had these two. Likewise, she was glad for the gentle nudge that Brisa gave her, and the accompanying smile from Aly, that reeled her back in from her otherwise head first dive into memories of Antheia. With a soft sigh, she turned away from the cliffs and faced her friends, hoping to keep her mind off of the topic.

As Brisa, thankfully, continued the conversation, Kahlua took pleasure in listening to them speak about themselves. She was always interested to hear another story. I used to be able to heal, the girl began and Kahlua knew then that she would have to introduce the mare to Resplendence at some point. She was certain the fallen angel would not mind the company of a clearly already educated healer (even if her stay was only to be temporary). “They tried to teach me about the plants,” she added with a laugh as Aly spoke about the plants. “I was miserable at learning them, though. Thank goodness for healers!” Slowly, the smile returned to her face, growing and fading now and again as she alternately forgot and remembered the crashing of the waves.

Again reveling in praise that she really would have done well not to indulge herself in, Kahlua looked to Brisa, waiting to see if she had decided upon any of the career pathways that interested her. Having given the girl enough time to answer, Kahlua finally returned to the question she had shelved a few moments ago. “I arrived here just as frostfall began,” she said, bobbing her head as she thought of all that had transpired in the short time. “A lot has happened,” she said, twisting her lips for the briefest of moments as she tried to think, “but I've been very happy here. I do hope you decide to stay with us,” she finished, pleased with what she had managed to say.

It was rather peaceful listening to her two friends chat away so happily about things so normal. Normal was a thing she was not used to yet but in time it would eventually become to make sense to her. As the conversation moved along her thoughts drifted along with it until the mention of Alysanne potentially leaving came about. She had only just arrived here, she couldn't just leave there was much she still needed to explore. Having no friends growing up she felt almost as if making friends here was quite challenging. Alysanne was very nice and she had taken a liking to her already she couldn't just leave now. As the revelation of her search for her son became known her heart contracted painfully sympathizing for her. She may not have known her own baby but the loss had hit her hard so she could relate to the pain she must be feeling. At least she had hope of one day being reunited with her colt, there was no chance she would ever get the opportunity to do the same.

The change of topic was much appreciated as moisture touched her eyes for a brief second before she chased it away back to the depths of her heart. “Have you two lived here for long?” Kahlua answered first which gave her a moment to collect her thoughts and refocus on the conversation again. When her turn to speak came she was prepared with a simple answer not sure what else to really say as she was in a similar vote as Alysanne. "I only just arrived here about a month ago." She replied forcing a smile to her face to hopefully lighten her mood.

All the talk of positions within the herd had brought her to think of things that she might be good at once again, but still she found herself pulling at straws. She really had no talents that she could think of unless of course you counted finding disaster around every turn in her life. That was not something that anyone would want, that much she was sure of. The only thing that she had even remotely considered was potentially trying to learn about some of the healing that plants could offer. Maybe she might be able to help someone for once, it may give her a sense of purpose if she was actually able to retain some of the information within the cramped confines of her mind. "I have thought about it but i'm not sure that I am really that good at anything that would serve a purpose. I might look into some of the healing aspects and see if I could pick any of that up but I really don't know."

Her gaze fell back to the exquisite statues that stood nearby as her eyes followed the many details of the carvings. They were simply amazing and possessed so much beauty she could not figure out how anyone could gain so much talent to create one such as this. Kahlua was special and very gifted, she would give anything to even have half as much talent as she did. Nodding her head in agreement with Kahlua's final words she couldn't have said it better herself. "It would be nice to get to know you further." She added finally as a genuine smile lit her features this time.

TAGS: @[Alysanne], Kahlua
NOTES: :p

Table by Moonstone Designs

Though perhaps it seemed small, the comforting touch that Kahlua offered her after Aly mentioned her son meant so much to her. It surpassed all her expectations, finding Helovia and finding her – and Brisa too. She was thankful for the move in conversation, dwelling on Arty would cause her to break, she was sure.

No, no more tears today - for her or for the mares in her company. Despite the lingering distresses in the recesses of their minds, Alysanne was truly happy to be here. She had no idea whether she was ever going to be able to accurately show them just how much she adored her luck. It would be good to linger here, to rest but also to see whether this would be a safer home for her family than the one she had left. Maybe she had wandered all that way for a reason?

As it was explained that Brisa had only arrived a month ago herself, it did not seem all that surprising that she had not found out where she could contribute to the herd yet – such decisions and discoveries took time. “You’re going to do wonderful, Brisa, whatever you decide. Even if it takes a little while to find your niche, it’s out there. Maybe we can learn about healing together.” Warm, encouraging smile accompanied her words. Not everyone could be a warrior or even a healer - but she liked to think everyone had a part to play. Kahlua could weave beautiful objects out of glass and surely Aly and Brisa would find they had a talent or two for something. After losing the magic she held previously, she'd be starting over again and would be happy to have someone else there learning with her.

It was so easy to move on from the time she spent travelling, from the loneliness as she searched for her family. She felt comfortable here, in the Edge and in the presence of Kahlua and Brisa - both of whom made her smile with their comments about how they hoped she would stay. “Helovia does seem so wonderful – you’ve both shown me that. I promise that I will come back.” The idea of leaving made her sad, especially in the company she was in, so she shook her head and dismissed the idea for the moment with a bright smile. “But let’s not weigh ourselves down with such talk just yet. I’m not going anywhere today. And today… well, there’s still so much more to see! I’m so excited to explore more!” Having not missed the way Kahlua looked at the cliffs, when Alysanne suggested moving off – her head motioned in the other direction. Surely there were other sights, other faces, that they could discover. Everything was new to her here. Right down to the language (how puzzling the term 'frostfall' was to her).

But before they could move off, she wanted to make sure of something. A look of honest concern in those emerald eyes as she glanced between the two mares. “I hope I’m not keeping either of you from anything? As much as I want you two to be my guides, I can always explore on my own for a time.” Though it was certainly not preferable to be on her own, social as she was, Aly rather disliked the idea of being a burden in any way. She would not hold it against either of the mares if they had something else to attend to. There was no thought of slipping quietly back out through the border and the Threshold – her travels left her weary (more mentally than physically) and she would never dream of leave without saying goodbye.

ooc: thought this might be a good set up for the thread ending in either of your posts, but if you guys have other ideas or want to keep going we can do that too! Definitely won’t be the last time they chat <3

made by the lovely tamme