the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fears and Doubts [Levi]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Sweat coated her golden-red hide, sliding down from her spine and shoulders, marring the curves of her broad barrel with dark rivulets of perspiration. By the time that she arrived to her destination the sun was high in the sky, a grueling atmosphere for any wanderer during this relentlessly cruel summer. Still, she could not stave her journey to wait for it to cool down... Romani could only pray that her visit would not be met with ill-will from the residents of the Dragon's Throat. After all, she had come, uninvited and unnanounced, but... The Edge and the Throat were allies, were they not? She meant no them no harm.

No, right now, the once mighty warrior felt small and helpless, torn asunder between loyalty, regulation, confusion, and bitterness. She was seeking aid for this feeling within her chest, this feeling of pain and uncertainty unlike any she had felt before. This was worse than the time she had forgotten those that she loved, including... Him. Perhaps, in a dark spot within her mind which every follower of the Light had, Romani wished that she had never remembered him. Not now.

Such thoughts, however, filled the thick-built mare with guilt. If she had never remembered him, Jasiri would never have been born, and Romani loved her daughter dearly. Still... One could not help but wonder, and her desire to remain loyal to her family was blackened by the blatant realization that Xanthos was no longer the same stallion.

'He's changed... It's still him, but he's... Different now. What do I do?' Her mind repeated these words over and over during her voyage across the lands, crossing through the Thistle Meadow and skirting by the Heart during her south-wards adventure. Never before had she stepped hoof within the borders of the Dragon's Throat, nor had she even ventured by it... Save her trip to the Veins of the Gods, seasons ago, but even then she had given the desert land plenty of girth.

Still, as she grew closer to what she hoped were the borders of this respected herdland, Romani slowed her pace, hooves practically dragging and her chest heaving with every breath that she sucked into her lungs. The tendrils of the mare's mane hung in lanky bits around her neck, forelock practically sticking to her face and covering her once vibrant azure eyes, tail matted and poorly cared for... Indeed, Romani looked terrible, as though she had not rested for weeks.

Perhaps this was also true.

Finally, the wandering gypsy came to a halt, barrel heaving, her head lowered and the tip of her muzzle nearly touching the scorched earth. Never before had she felt so... Exhausted, even after child birth. A drink... It sounded lovely, but she would not blatantly ignore the borders of the Throat to fetch water to quench her thirst.

Roma looking for Levi?

The question caused a red ear to tip back, and unable to muster the strength to turn her head, Romani's diluted blue eye rolled back to spot the tigress who had spoken. Or, well, 'spoken' as well as she could, due to the fact that Kasai did not, physically, speak. Yet the words still flowed through Romani's frazzled mind, and Romani could only wheeze out a sigh as her verbal response.

'Yes, my dear... I should only hope that he comes soon. I am... Tiring.'

Her mind screamed for rest, for her to lay and cool down in a shady patch. Yet, until she found Levi, no rest would come her way.

@[Levi]

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

Patrolling was Levi’s life. The soldier flew back and forth between the border lines, orbs alert and ready for anyone or anything that could step into the soft granules of the Throat. Of course he was not going to let a soul pass without seeing what business they had in his home. The grullo did not mind this job; however, it usually got tiring from of all the flying and the hot sun resting so forcefully upon his back. It was not easy, no, but it was worth it. Protecting the Throat was Levi’s number one goal. He wanted his family to be safe and wanted them to know that nothing would get past the patrolling soldiers without a fight and they would all be safe.

Silver irises see the same things over and over, but there was something new to the area each time because the sun was getting hotter and hotter. So the area seemed to be getting brighter. Levi was feeling a bit tired from all of this sun and needed to grab a quick drink before he could go back on patrol. Slowly, Levi turned in the opposite direction eyeing each little detail of the Throat in case of trespassers and flew towards the animated river. But just at the right moment something caught his eye.

Briskly, the brute twisted his body in the direction of this soul in which the he vaguely spotted a two figures. One had an ivory mane and dry palomino coloring as the sands and another white with stripes coming into the Throat. He could not make out any detailing of the unknown figures so Levi glided gracefully towards the unknown so that he could see what business this horse had in the his home. Sometimes horses who wanted to join would come to ask for permission to join, traveling to the red desert. But other times, trespassers would try and make their way into the herd. Either way, Levi had to go and see what their business was and why there were here. Patrols were stricter than they had ever been and now with Kri gone it was going to be hard. Spreading his wings, he pressed upon the rippling air to pick up speed and quickly he prepared to land in front of this…

Whoa, wait!

It was not someone that Levi did not know, these figures were Romani and Kasai! Oh, Romani, one of his dearest friends! How nice that she had come to visit him. A grin was brought to the stallions features. Of course the silver stallion was pleased that she was in his presence, but suddenly he noticed the details of her face. Why did she look so drained? Her head was heavy as it tugged towards the ground. Her features looked tired and she looked like she was flimsy, about to fall at any moment. “Romani!” Levi bellowed to her, making a quick landing in front of her. Quickly, the brute reached out with his muzzle, pressing the top of his nose underneath her head and letting it rest on his. His body was pressed against hers, sweaty, but cooling. His features blazoned with concern as he gasped for air, he was nervous with what was going on. “Romani, what’s wrong my dear friend? Are you alright?” His voice was almost a whisper talking calmly to her. Orbs flickered towards Kasai, shooting her a concerned look, but a quick welcoming smile. Keeping his strength strong, he had to keep himself a bit lower since Romani was so much shorter than him. It was the first time he could actually feel her presence brushing against his. She was so tiny in size, but muscular. It was the warrior in her build. She may be tiny, but she was mighty and this was what puzzled Levi. He did not know what was wrong and he was concerned because he had never seen her in such a state before. His friend was always so pleasant and strong, but now she rest upon him, lame. Patiently, he let the irony maned fae rest her weight upon his just hoping that Romani was alright.

@[Romani]

"blah blah blah."

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

The sound of rippling wings among the skies were what drew Kasai's attention away from her concerned stupor, stealing ice-blue orbs from Romani's rather pathetic looking frame and coaxing them upwards into the bright skies above. Feline eyes focused and pupils grew larger as the winged creature came into view... And within the cub blossomed relief, for it was a sight that she knew all too well. Levi was someone who Kasai would never forget, a friend who would never hurt neither herself, or her precious Romani.

Kasai's tail stood erect, a delighted purr resonating from the depths of her tiny breast. Levi! Roma, Levi! The shout of joy filtered through the precious bond between equine and tigress, but Romani scarcely had the strength to lift her head to greet her dearest of friends. Perhaps... Perhaps Levi was her only friend anymore. Everyone else had gone, disappeared almost, as if they had never been there to begin with... Would Levi do the same? Certainly not... Please, no.

The Haflinger released a weary sigh when Levi's alarmed cries met her ears, and glazed azure eyes flicked upwards to rest upon the handsome grullo when he landed and approached. She could see the worry pinching his features, and something within her flickered anew. He was... Concerned, whole-heartedly... For her. Was it flattery? Or was it simply her taxed mind?

He came to her, this winged grullo soldier, and almost as tenderly as one would touch a newborn he brought his head beneath hers to help support her weight. It was... Welcome, this touch between friends. Romani's nostrils flared wide, sucking in deep lungfulls of Levi's precious scent. Right now, he was perhaps the only thing that she could completely focus on. Gingerly, completely aware of her cumbersome bulk, the palomino rested a bit of her weight against the soldier, relieved to have the support.

"Levi," she murmured, her voice choked with both emotion and thirst, "Levi, my friend... I..." What could she say? There was so much bursting within her head, bustling like busy streets with far too many people sashaying upon the cobblestones of her mind. Where could she start? "I h-hope it is okay that I've come, I had no choice, I had to... To get away. Everything is fine, but I just... Xanthos is..." Naming him caused her throat to clench in painful agony, and the long staved-off tears began to fill the Haflinger's azure eyes.

"... He is not the same," she whispered, each word forced through her choked throat, "Oh, Levi... Levi, I just don't know what to do." Turning her head towards him, Romani allowed the tears to finally fall, the emotions spilling forth like a broken dam. Almost desperately she began brushing her muzzle against Levi's shoulder, or as high as she could reach given their vast differences in height, burrying her face away from the rest of the world. "Just please, let me stay here, just for a little while... Don't leave me, Levi, don't ever leave me."

Watching the display was painful, and almost cautiously Kasai approached the pair. White paws brought the monochromatic tigress closer, and she moved to brush against Levi's leg with a comforting purr. There was little she could do, except try and help heal the wounds that this battle had left behind. Warrior or not, Romani could not fight this battle alone. Kasai had the sinking suspicion, however, that Levi would ensure that Romani didn't fight it by herself.

@[Levi]

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

His heart sinks in his broad chest as a feeling of unknown guilt starts to build. Levi had never seen the ivory princess in such a dilemma before, in fact, she always seemed to have herself together. Throughout all the times the trio had met, the ‘strong’ soldier was the one who was more of a child in behavior than her. She was always strong just like warrior and had the determination of an ox. Her heart was another story for it was honorable and bled kindness. So why in hell would she be acting like this? And it was like the word vomit could not stop spilling out of her sadden mouth. Her tone sounded dry and tired. Romani needed water, she was about to faint. “Romani,” He paused to look at her.“Common milady, you need water immediately.”

Concern again fell upon his features, and he kept her weight on her velvet muzzle against his, letting her rest upon his strength for as long as she needed. His ears tipped forwards as he listened, ready to comfort her. He did not say one word, but just listened until there was a buzzing silence. He felt her muzzle leave his and then burry into his shoulder, or well, what she could reach. There was quite a height different, but even so she still managed to bury herself into him. Her plush fur pressed into his hot, sweaty body. She was so soft and seemed so weak, Levi could not help but comfort his friend. “Romani,” He whispered, opening his wing to drape it over her slender body. “Shh, my dear friend. It is alright I am here for you…” His voice trailed off as he urged his muzzle to bury it gently into to the top of her head. Then he turned his muzzle to kiss her head gently, letting her have to comfort she wanted. Even though he had no idea what she was talking about, he wanted her to know that he was there for her.

The reassuring purr of Kasai brought hope to all of the saddened emotions. Reaching with his other wing, he stretched down to stroke Kasai’s back, returning the loving affection that he adored from the white feline.

Then he removed his wing, momentarily, so that he could nudge into her shoulder, to force her to walk forward to the lively, quenching river. Then he slowly walked beside her, draping his wing over her to protect her from the burning heat. He had so many buzzing thoughts in his mind, but he did not want to say anything until they got to the river.

Once they arrived shortly after the trio’s meeting, Levi walked Romani and Kasai to the water’s edge. Retracting his wing, he shoved his cranium into the water, filling wings with water. They sparkled like diamonds in the sun as the refreshing water trickled from his wings. Then he draped them once more over her neck and back allows the cool drops to caress down her neck. He wanted to cool her down and he also wanted her to be able to grab a drink herself, so once he was done cooling the fae down, he let her have her space.

Now it was his turn to speak. The only time she would be speaking like this is because someone, Xanthos, must have broken her heart.

“It’s his loss, Romani. Doesn’t this Xanthos know who he is losing? Why, probably the most amazing girl in the world.” He offered Romani a grin as he searches kindly for her gaze. His words were as serious as he had ever been, although, He was not sure if he was on the right track, but he hoped he was. “You don’t have to do anything Romani, just relax.” Levi’s silver orbs never leave her gaze. “I won’t leave you Romani, why would I? You can stay with me as long as you need, you’re always welcome here.” His honey-coated vocals chime to her. The grullo warrior stands beside her, as he nuzzles into her cautiously not to be so hard. Levi breaths in her sweet scent and he waits for her to reply, his head buried into her neck.

@[Romani]

"blah blah blah."