the Rift

The End Is Where I Begin

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

F I N N</style>

sometimes tears say all there is to say</style>

I had been running for so long. My mind was weary, my feet sore, my muscles aching -- would I ever find my home again?

The question was one that constantly nagged at my mind. On some nights, I selfishly wondered if my family and friends even cared that I had been gone much too long on my last assignment. Did they miss me? Had they gone looking for me at all, or had they assumed the worst and let it stay at that? Although my head knew better, it felt as if a knife had been plunged into my heart every time I thought of the ones I loved back in Ossic Briar. No matter what they currently thought of me, I only wished to see them again, to go home, but as I carried myself into a grand forest of oaks and redwoods, I could only imagine that I was walking further and further from where I really wanted to go.

Slowing my already torpid steps, I took a moment to take in my surroundings. Up ahead was a cluster of short trees dressed in white flowers; I knew instantly that they were Flossweed, which I would need to keep an eye out for due to their poisonous nature; but other than that, it seemed a generally normal place. The sun blazed hot in the sky, causing the bags laying across my bag to warm and put a hasty sweat beneath them, but it was difficult for its rays to penetrate the thick canopy in some places. The chittering and singing of fauna brought the forest to life, and it was a largely welcome change to my mostly quiet venture. Through a deep inhale and then exhale, I was plenty aware that I was probably wasn't alone here. The scent of other equids was thick here, and if I was completely true to myself, the thought caused a bustle of joy to stir within my chest.

Suddenly feeling renewed with vigor, I continued forward at a brisk pace, my eyes filled with a spark that had been omitted for longer than I cared to admit. "Hello?" I spoke up, my voice nearly breaking at its lack of use. "Please, if anybody is here -- I mean no harm. I merely wish to be pointed in the right direction of home." I felt silly talking when nobody was even here, and any other time, I might have laughed audibly at myself; but today, I was only eager to find out where I was, and if I could be assisted.

talk

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

The great fire in the sky burned brightly overhead heating anything beneath its rays to uncomfortable proportions at various times. Today was one of those rather unsettling times that you would swear that your blood might boil, tho theoretically impossible. The threshold's tree cover was a welcome sight to the stallion's darkened coat as the temperature seemed to drop significantly as his hooves carried him further into the depths. His ventures here seemed as if it was beginning to be a habit, not one of ill intentions but rather one of self satisfaction for helping others find some place to call their home. His position within the Foothills had only been the through the kindness of another, he felt he needed to pass along the good fortune to other wanderers should they accept it.

It was a voice that broke through his concentration bringing him to a standstill with his head raised and ears perked forward. The masculine vocals had come from nearby, but where exactly? Movement could be heard to his right so he figured that it was the logical path to start out with. Breaking into a flowing trot he too picked his way through the undergrowth until a flash of colour came into sight up ahead a few paces coming towards him. Nickering softly to the individual he slowed his pace once more to a halt to await the new stallion's arrival. It was fascinating to hear of lands once traveled and the mishaps and encounters one could have. The silver eyes of his ancestors watched carefully as the tan stallion came into full view. It was quite the contrast compared to his own grey dappled coat with marks of silver etched into his pelt.

"Hello there!" He greeted with a friendly smile and nod. "My name is Ciceron, I may be able to help point you in the direction you seek. Where is it that you are trying to locate?" Maybe this newcomer was looking for a home, he would gladly recommend the Foothills and offer him passage should he wish to join. He felt a sense of pride when he was able to find others to join their herd, it could only make them all stronger in the end. Having no family of blood this was the only way he could think of to find out where he really belonged and what was he purpose here in these lands. He was not about to give up so each new invite gave him the chance to meet many others of this realm. It was a start at least until he could find a clue to point himself in the right direction.

TAGS: @[Finn]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: Will tag you this once, let me know if you don't want me to in future posts. :)

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

WAKING UP TO ASH AND DUST
WIPE MY 'BROW AND SWEAT MY RUST

Home, isn't that we're all looking for?
Colt shuddered as she moved through the forest, despite the heat that was pricking sweat to her hide. She moved cautiously, her steps carefully placed to avoid unnecessary noise. Whenever she passed a tree branch she paused, passing a glance over to the tawny stallion she'd been watching and following. When he finally seemed to come to rest, she did too, grey eyes probing through the foliage to assess him.

Just as she was ready to advance however, an unexpected visitor arrived. On top of it, an unwanted visitor.
Ugly unicorn she hissed under her breath, audible only to herself.
Her teeth clenched as though to snap her whisper in half, then she sloughed her anger off like it was nothing more than a fly to discard from her hide.

"It's too late now," she spoke, her voice warm and inviting as she stepped into view from the woods. Her gaze ghosted past the dapple grey to rest firmly on the equine. "You're in Helovia," she offered as some form of explanation, though it was anything but. She proffered him a smile to ease whatever agitation her words might be causing. The light of it did not seem to reach her hard eyes though, nor did it relax the stoic posture she maintained.

"Won't you stay a while?" I need you.
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Unregistered

F I N N</style>

Shortly after breaking the silence around me, the sound of another could be heard from just ahead. A flicker of worry grew within my chest, but it quickly faded away when the approaching steps were accompanied by a soft nicker. Continuing my own steps a few paces more before once again coming to a stop, my eyes found the form of another; cloaked with a grey pelt and situated atop stilted legs, this stallion was a giant in my standards, but the gentle tone of his voice and the genuine look in his eyes assured me that there was nothing for me to fear. What captivated me most about the other was not his great height nor his gracious demeanor, but the horn that adorned his forehead.

As I had never seen a unicorn before in my life -- I didn't even know they existed -- I surely looked a fool, and was quite thankful when another voice came from nowhere and snapped me from my silent gawking.

Turning my head, I found myself looking upon another equine standing just above my own height. Her words were quick and simple, and sent a shiver down my spine. Was it really too late to go back home...? She claimed that this place was called Helovia, which I was certain I had never heard of before, and suddenly I found myself deflating. I wasn't sure how long I stood there in silence, simply trying to piece together the thought of never seeing my home again, but with a sharp inhale I soon came back to reality.

"Oh," I said almost breathlessly, then lifted my gaze to flicker back and forth between stallion and mare, forcing a smile to my lips. I wasn't sure who to address first, so for now, I spoke in general. "It's a pleasure to meet you both; I am Finn of Ossic Briar, though if neither of you know where that is..." Another melancholy exhale threatened to escape, but I resisted and kept my head lifted as I considered the possibilities that might be within this new land. Time was what I needed to clear my head and make a solid decision of what to do, but standing before these two, I would have to do so later.

"What can you tell me about this... Helovia?" I asked, eyes going from Ciceron to the young, stoic looking grullo, then back and forth once more. Whether my stay would remain temporary or permanent, I hadn't the slightest, but why not give this place a try until I figured out what to do?

talk

It was always interesting to meet new equine regardless of whether they be foul tempered or kind. Never was there one alike another and they all came in various different shapes and sizes, the smallest of creatures could turn out to have a ego the size of the land itself while some of the giants could be the most polite and wise of the bunch. It was rather amusing to interact with each type to see their reactions to various things, sometimes it was something so small that could set off a rant. It was just fortunate for them that when this should happen he has a very patient personality and a temper not easily set off. Others would not be so forgiving to such arrogance.

Before the stallion he had addressed got the chance to speak another equine invaded onto the scene with rather direct lyrics. Who did this mare think she was? First off telling the newcomer that it was too late to return to his old land, that was completely inaccurate and rather rude in his opinion. During his rather routine travels through the threshold he could not remember having met the mare before, clearly she must be fairly new to Helovia herself. Remaining seemingly unpreturbed by her comments his expression never changed from the one he had greeted them with, why give her the reaction she expected. "Welcome Finn, as already mentioned you are within the realms of Helovia in which you may come and go as you please." His explanation stated so Finn would not go mistaking this as a hostile place where if one entered they could never go back.

"If it is a herd that you seek, may I offer residence within the Foothills should you wish. This is where I call home currently and I would not change my decision, everyone is kind and welcoming there." Sparing a glance towards the mare he wondered what kind of comment she would give afterwards. He silently was betting on one much like her opening statement but you never knew. Relaxing his posture slightly his gaze once more returned to Finn. He seemed like a pleasent fellow who he wouldn't mind talking with for awhile, it wasn't often that those of his heritage crossed their borders, many as of lately had been pegasus. It was nice to meet either the magical or non magical sort each had much to tell of their lives.

"Other herds to exist throughout the land as well but to find out their history you would have to seek them out for I do not know their histories well enough to do them justice." Would the mare be a member of a herd or would she be one of the outcasts, he wondered silently to himself gazing around to ensure no others remained unseen behind the foliage. When he was satisfied there had been no others approach undetected he returned his gaze to both the mare and to Finn to await what would come next.

TAGS: @[Finn], @[Colt]
NOTES: None

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Dark

WAKING UP TO ASH AND DUST
WIPE MY 'BROW AND SWEAT MY RUST

The stallion took her words surprisingly well, which pleased her. Although his looks morphed into something akin to defeat or at least, deflation, he did not endlessly mope on the matter, well at least not here and now. She could sympathize with him, having lost her home too, but she chose not to. Pity and empathy would do him nor her any good, only resolve proved useful in these cases.

The unicorn chose to speak up, unnecessarily repeating what she had already mentioned, as well as stressing the factor of leaving. It irritated her, but she let little of it show besides a swish of her tail and a flick of her ears, then they were back as they were. After living beside an abusive stallion that struck harder with any response of hers, she had grown accustomed to letting her rage simmer beneath the cold exterior of her mechanical frame.
This unicorn here would surely not be the one to make her crack.

Ciceron's next words were much more useful and gave Colt insight she'd file away in her memories. Although she was new here and hadn't yet left the Threshold, such was her motive to recruit, she did recognize that herdland. It had been where Ricochet lived in his past time here. Nothing had changed obviously, what with it still housing a horn head and all. Pity, it sounded like a nice area to reside, but she was sure the winged and the horned freaks had mussied it all up with their stench, one that would remain even after they were all wiped out.

"Colt," she offered by way of her name once Ciceron seemed to shut up. She chose not to say from where she hailed, because where it was she was born she could no longer recall and where ever she was now wasn't any sort of home. "There are a lot of places to explore around here, but taking the time to chose a place of residence may be most wise. It would be a shame for you miss any opportunities. An equine like yourself, I'm sure you'd have no trouble finding a purpose here." She smiled encouragingly, her head even tilting to the side in a puppy-dig like manner that suggested an innocence she no longer retained.
Join the movement.

Unregistered

F I N N</style>

Standing quitetly, I listened with genuine interest as the grey began to elaborate on my question. He spoke of a herd called the Foothills, claiming them to be kind and welcoming, just as Ciceron was being himself. While I took his words to be honest and truthful, I wasn't sure I was ready to settle down into another family just yet. My heart still laid and belonged in Ossic Briar, even if it unknowingly sat hundreds of miles to the east of where I now stood. But at the same time, was I prepared to continue my journey? It had become daunting to never know where I was, if I would ever make it back, or if I would finally give up and move on.

Barring the heartache that clenched around my heart, I offered my attention back to the grullo faded mare as she introduced herself as Colt. Her promise of many places to explore was tempting to my adventurous spirit, but until I had grown more familiar to this new realm, I wasn't sure wandering alone would be the wisest decision. The way Colt smiled and tilted her head caused a smile to tug at the corners of my lips, but it was quickly followed by a gentle exhale of breath. I didn't want to turn either of them down or go off by myself into this uncharted land, and I could only hope that the decision I had come to was the best one.

"Thanks be to the both of you," I said, offering stallion and mare each an appreciative look before continuing. "I believe it would be best for me to come to these Foothills for some time, so that I may learn more of Helovia and its customs, and give myself a season's rest to recover from this journey. Colt," my gaze had turned to the mare once more, "It would be a pleasure to find you again and be shown the rest of land, should you ever feel inclined."

talk

There were definitely some interesting characters out there he thought to himself as his observation of the pair before him continued. While everyone was unique in their own way some stood out above the others, whether it be by actions or by something more. Watching the way Colt responded to Finn was rather amusing to the grey considering her reaction to himself was quite the opposite. He was unsure what it was that made her react as such but if he spent all his time worrying about such petty things he would never get things accomplished. Everyone was entitled to their own opinions and he would respect that even if he disagreed.

"I believe it would be best for me to come to these Foothills for some time, so that I may learn more of Helovia and its customs, and give myself a season's rest to recover from this journey." As the words were spoken he was pleased to hear the final result. It would be good for everyone to have such a kind individual within their herd, it just made interactions much more pleasant. "Even while you take time to recuperate please don't feel confined to the borders should you wish to explore the area. We are free to come and go as we please. Colt the same offer extends to you as well should you wish to accompany us to the Foothills. We would not turn you away should you need a place to call home."

Despite her negativity towards him, he would not be the one to refuse to offer her a home if she desired. He was not like many others who would take great offense to the negative energy and shun others from their home unless it was warranted. Maybe she had unpleasant memories from some encounter in her past to make her so harsh towards either horses who looked similar to that of himself or even to their species of the unicorns. "Whenever you wish to head out I will happily show you the way." He said kindly to both equine before him.

TAGS: @[Finn], @[Colt]
NOTES: None

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Dark

There is a momentary disappointment that shadows Colt's already poorly lit gaze, but she does not let the thought linger more than that. She can't blame Finn, not really. Exploring was not as ideal an option compared to a place to rest your head, to fill your stomach, to hide behind an army? She glanced curiously at Ciceron, wondering if there was indeed a Foothills army.

Either way, she reminded herself for the future to pick better terms to entice those to her side. She could not assume everyone wanted an adventure, but no matter what, everyone needed food, water and shelter. I don't have any of those though.
For now.

Ciceron was kind, but kindness was not the only necessity for survival, if it was even one at all - past experience told her it wasn't. He extended to her the same offer and she recognized the inherent risk in inviting strangers into your nest. She couldn't know if Finn was an egg thief, but what if he was? As for herself, no need to dwell on appetites when her stomach was content.

"That would be lovely," Colt says pleasantly, smiling genuinely at Ciceron as her head turned towards him. If she held her vision just right the haze of her forelock obscured his horn... "I'm afraid I'm a bit new here myself and have just been getting by in these woods, but a true place to call home... isn't that we're all searching for? I've heard of many of the herds since being here, but the Foothills do seem most ideal, especially with such fine company." She laughed a tinkering, bell type sound and her smile grew, reaching up into her eyes. "Then we can all walk together too."

She'd still be changing her phrases, but perhaps now she could tell everyone to come to the Foothills, something worth offering.

HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN

Join the movement.