the Rift

That Light in Your Eyes [Open]

Capone Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Capone
17hh.-7yo-Hanoravian Mix-Chestnut Overo-Unicorn

Large charcoal daggers moved forwards in an easy, ground covering rhythm that seemed almost a little too light-hearted for the massive beast that the pillars carried. His bright red and white coat glittered against the lush greens of the forest that he happened to have found himself in. Ruby harks swiveled about on his broad sport-horse cranium as two toned orbs danced about taking in the sights before him. Capone had been traveling for quite some time, four years if you were to be exact and the painted steed decided it was about time to find a nice place to rest his horned head each night and eventually...maybe have a couple children and a mare to call his own.
A snort of laughter slid from his rosy nares as the painted stallion pulled his limbs square beneath him, stopping all forward motion in the middle of this strange forest. As soon as he stopped, his nares were assaulted by the scent of a million different equines, all of different stages of life and genders, blinking harshly the stallion stumbled a step backwards overwhelmed by the sheer amount of equine who happened to travel through these woods. He couldn't help but wonder just where it was that the stallion had found himself this time, and if he would stay here long or end up moving on once more in hopes of a perfect spot.
His long, two toned tail twitched nervously as his body kept screaming at him to get out of the forest before he had to carry on a conversation or be sized up like a piece of meat by some herd leader. A shudder passed over his body as he took a step or two forward, closer to the sound of running water that he hoped would lead him to sanctuary...but the sound of a twig snapping behind him crushed his dreams of a quiet escape. Harks swiveled backwards hoping to catch any other noise the offender might make before he would turn around to greet them.

"speech."
[Tag; whomever would like to meet him and try to take him home]
[Words: 3-3-9]
[Notes: Sorry it's so short. I have never played this boyo, they will get muuuuch longer once he has something to interact with.]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
What was this feeling that kept on dragging me back toward this threshold? I wanted to inspect it, honestly, that was all. I wanted to understand why it was radiating a heartbeat so fast it created such a rapid thrumming sound in my cranium and lead to the creation of a headache. I allowed my lithe legs to stretch out as I covered the ground back to where the break of my bond with my red-tailed hawk had happened.

I was close, so close, but I had started to get hasty. My hooves snapping against one twig had me instantly dropping my haunches and allowing my hind flints to dig into the terrain and stop my barreling frame. How long had it been since I had been so careless? It had been too long. Still, I turned around and stood behind a group of trees and listened to the vibrations as they warped around my frame. Each little one swirling up my limbs and creating a thin image in my cranium. One shift of my weight and the vibrations appear again. The image is delicately painted before me as I allow my blind eyes to shift in the direction of the frame that stood not more than a group of trees to my left.

Should I approach? I suppose I should. Though, I had to admit the height he seemed to possess and the horn atop his skull was off-setting. Alas, entering the situation with tense muscles would do nothing to ease the stag. So, with a roll of her shoulders to release all tension from her frame she stepped from the trees, light bouncing off of their trunks from her hawk marking that was radiating off of her left haunch. And, upon her positioning in the sun the light dimmed a little, the white getting lost in the gorgeous gold rays. She basked in the sun for a moment, allowing her audits to twitch at the sound of the stream not too far off.

My blind eyes gazed in his direction, never managing to focus on his frame, as I dipped my head in greeting. "Hello, sir. Welcome to Helovia..." I allowed my soprano chords to trail off into the light breeze before the silky notes flickered back into existence, "I am Rasta, an Informant for the Dragon's Throat - one of the herd's here. I offer you my assistance, to whatever it is you require help with, whether it be knowledge, a home, or simply directions to a specific path."

And, with that I took a few steps back to ensure he had plenty of personal space and awaited his response. The wind swirled around my face, dragging loose tendrils of my locks into my face and around my legs. Would I gain another family member today? Or would I simply be able to aid yet another in their journey?

458 words
I usually write a lot more, but crunched for time.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

Torleik found himself in the Threshold, wandering away from his home. Many things had happened in the past two weeks or so and he was still struggling to process it all. Still moving with a bit of a limp, he vacantly moved about, grazing here or there on some of the sweet grasses in the area. The Basin was not so providing, and he took what he could get.

The snapping of a twig made him aware of someone's presence nearby. Torleik had been absorbed in his own, blissful sense of solitary existence, enjoying being alone and with no one to force him to interact. It seemed that would be coming to an end. Turning wearily, the dark stallion found himself looking at a much lighter mare. Something about her was...different. However, he was too far away to really tell what that might be. His gaze soon spotted another he had never laid eyes on before, and a small frisson of annoyance fluttered around the back of his skull. Which was a newcomer, if either? The second seemed to be a stallion. A splotchy one, if he didn't bother to edit his mental filter.

The horse had a horn. Unicorn. Hm. He supposed he should say hello, then. Walking over, slowly, hiding his limp well, Torleik paused nearby. "Good morning," he said, politely, generally addressing both of them. The mare introduced herself as a World's Edge Informant. The stallion was new, then. "And I am Torleik, of the Aurora Basin, just north of here. What is your name?"

TORLEIK

"I am a stone, unaffected, rain hell down onto me."

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Cypress Posts: 72
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 12 hands :: 10 months
Cy
[Image: 5273ea7639538]

Cypress

The Kind

Cypress had came back to this place, the place she had once found Helovia. It was fun going her again. Just like it was when she first got here, and the first time she laid in the basking sunlight that shone through the thick canopy of leaves overhead.

Now she was weaving through the trees looking for the sound of voices. Her searching emerald gaze glittered as she walked deeper into the threshold. Sighing she was about to give in and leave. She heard voices.

A mare stood there her body a creamy white and gold. They mixed through her skin beautifully. Her eyes a strange blue that Cypress found different. Blind maybe. An elegant hawk marking stretched over her left haunch. It glittered in the sunlight on her light pelt. Then the next, a tall stallion. Different in a way, a long horn, unlike hers it seemed to be a foot long! And a beautiful blaze upon his muzzle. One of his eyes were canopy green and one a piercing blue. Then another stallion had stepped into the coming conversation that the mare had started. Her words friendly and kind. His sky blue eyes were pretty and she wanted to say that to him, but she was afraid she would get laughed at, mostly equines who say that mean they like them, or just trying to be nice way. So she kept quite. He had two horns atop his mighty looking head, just like a gazelle's. His body black and the thick braids in his long black mane were tied up with blue and white beads.

Cypress was still hiding behind a tree and some undergrowth when she decided to step out and show herself. It was interesting to see any of them react to her. And how they, of she she say the unicorn with the ivory-like horn. Stepping out to where they could see her she gave them all a respectful gaze and then spoke in a soothing and relaxing tone. "Hello, welcome to Helovia, as Rasta had said." Her green eyes deep like the lushest fern in the forest as she looked among the others. She could feel her heart beating through the warm air of the day.

"Cypress speech"

372 Words
Tags: @[Rasta] @[Torleik] @[Capone]
Ooc: Hey Capone, I decided to come early. But I see that you are already a good thread to read! You too, abba and redgod! :)

*C y p r e s s
T h e K i n d

[Image: 15d7tjd.jpg]
Permission for magic or cruelty directed to Cypress at all times. But not death.
Pixel-Tamme

Capone Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Capone
17hh.-7yo-Hanoravian Mix-Chestnut Overo-Unicorn

"Hello, sir. Welcome to Helovia..." It didn't take long before the intruder's lyrics broke through the near silence of the woods, the pitch gave the other away as a female before he even had to turn around to lock his two toned orbs on her frame. "I am Rasta, an Informant for the Dragon's Throat - one of the herd's here. I offer you my assistance, to whatever it is you require help with, whether it be knowledge, a home, or simply directions to a specific path." Flicking his ruby harks back to their normal alert position the painted stallion turned on his heel, turning nearly a full one hundred and eighty degrees before coming to a standstill once again. Orbs landed on the light golden colored mare a soft smile stretched across his rosy velvets just before they parted to allow his own baritones to flow effortlessly into the air.
But the baritones that would be heard were not his own, but yet another equine who decided to join in on their little party. "Good morning, and I am Torleik, of the Aurora Basin, just north of here. What is your name?" Capone offered a nod to the white flecked stallion before resting his line of sight right between the two of them, not wanting to offend anyone by giving one more attention than the other. "Pleasure to meet the both of you, I am Capone...of Nowhere currently." His tail flicked away a fly that had found it's resting spot on his painted barrel when the sound of another making their way into the little clearing became known. An oddly colored green and peach mare with eyes like a precious gem came into view, she too was horned and quickly opened her maw to join in on the conversation. "Hello, welcome to Helovia, as Rasta had said." Capone's brow furrowed as he wondered if the golden mare and this odd green mare were acquaintances? Maybe even of the same herd? But something about the scents that wafted from their frames put out his questioning before he could voice it, maybe the green, who's name was unknown as of yet, had just overheard the golden, Rasta introducing herself.
Shaking his head slightly the stallion's orbs flicked between the three of them, a corner of his velvets tugged up in a half smile as he lowered his cranium slightly in a greeting to the new-coming mare.
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss." As he spoke he looked back to the green mare and then looked just above the three strangers. "And thank you, Rasta, for your offer of assistance...I do have a question for all of you. Where am I?" The painted stallion felt it odd that three different equine, of clearly different herds were all together in one place. Had he happened to be unlucky enough to stumble upon the claiming grounds? He had came here looking for a home, maybe he would be lucky enough to find one today.

"blah blah blah."
[Tag;-all of the above-]
[Words:-5-0-5]
[Notes: Still short, but it's better than the last one!]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Another stag had entered not far behind me. Horns upon his skull and a thicker build. It did not phase me, I kept my muscles loose as I had retracted back toward the trees to keep personal space from being an issue. It was how the world would work. I did not dare to cause disease - I only wanted comfort to stretch out to everyone. Torleik, he said his name was. From the Basin. Recognition sparked in my brain, but did not register in my blind eyes or the muscles upon my face. The basin, which had dared to invade upon us not too long back. No, I would not speak ill of them, but I would not offer good words either.

And then, another appeared. She seemed to be filly, not too old. Her frame was still gathering it's entire build and strength and she had a horn too. All of these weapons. Could they not find a way to keep them put away when the times were not necessary? I keep myself from snorting at the stupidity of that thought before glancing back up toward the one whom I had stumbled upon initially.

He spoke, a baritone voice radiating through the forest after a smile had reached his lips. He nodded t the stallion before saying it was a pleasure to meet them both. Capone, he said his name was. And so I kept that stored away in my mind for future reference. "The pleasure is mine, Capone, Torleik, Madam," I returned with a light dip of my cranium and extended toward the other two in attendance. With the last creature's appearance his brow furrowed. He said it was a pleasure to meet the other mare, and then thanked me for the assistance. One question. Where is he? A smile tugs at my maw, lifting the corners as I shift my weight a little, positioning myself even distances away from the three of them. "Helovia. Specifically it's Threshold. It's the only location one can enter from, so most congregate here to gather new recruits. There is no doubt one will run into an abundance of faces and the offer of a home. In fact, it's where I was found and given a home in the Throat," I explain, giving a light shrug of my shoulders. "I have yet to see anything less than civil in these forests, so I wouldn't worry about conflict much..." I added at the end, glancing between the three equine and then allowing them all to offer any extra insight to this situation that I may have missed.

I allowed my mind to concentrate upon the light wind, and how it wrapped around all of our frames, attempting to keep the ensuing headache at bay from the vibrations of the barrier not too far off. After all, a headache would not be the best appearance at this point in time, now would it?

500 words
merp. sorry it sucks, being rushed out of the house |:

Cypress Posts: 72
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 12 hands :: 10 months
Cy
[Image: 5273ea7639538]

Cypress

The Kind

Capone. He had responded in a manner of a gentleman. His voice even and soft. His thanks went to Rasta, as a thank you for an assistance. He had also asked of where he was. Which Cypress was sure everyone knew. But she guessed he was truly knew to this land and had nothing of the threshold in his mind. But Cypress did. She loved to think about it. Every Day and night. How many visitors pass through this area? Did the gods make it on purpose? Cypress would be very happy if someone answered her questions soon. But she knew this was Capone's welcome so she had decided to keep quiet.

Although she liked learning new things and new equines of Helovia, she had to wait, and be respectful of anyone who passed words between the four. As of now, she awaited Rasta to finish Capone's question of where he was. She had told him in great detail, Cypress even learning a bit from her wise words.

Cypress let her mind wander to the herds. What would it be like? She didn't want one, because she was perfectly happy by herself. She just wanted to feel the pride of having one. And living in one. The outcast filly would have loved to go to a herd, but she just couldn't choose. It was hard for her to choose something she liked. She just didn't know why. But she hated it, the way she could never leave somewhere feeling as she did the right thing. Or choose the right thing. She missed whens he was little, hoe her mother would make all the decisions of their outcast family. her father too. She missed them. She yearned for their presence in this clearing. Which now that she noticed was pretty small.

But now she just stood looking at the newcomer a warm smile lifted her lips to a smile, as if to say "you are welcome to roam free here. Live a life of hope and wonder. Adventure even. Live it here." But she hadn't said it. She wanted to keep quiet until someone spoke of her, asking for her return of words.

"Cypress talk"”Others talk”

362 Words
|Ooc Hi! I think redgod was absent, so I have came to his rescue! :) when he comes back I will pick up my normal place in the post line.
@[Capone] @[Rasta] @[Torleik]
*C y p r e s s
T h e K i n d

[Image: 15d7tjd.jpg]
Permission for magic or cruelty directed to Cypress at all times. But not death.
Pixel-Tamme

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

Capone. That was an interesting name. Not one he would have found amongst his people in his home, Torleik thought. When he asked where he was, the dual-horned stallion tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant specific location, and not just the land of Helovia - since the latter piece of information had been handed to him at least once already.

This Rasta character explained to Capone that they were in the Threshold, and Torleik smelled something off. Was it from Rasta, Capone, or this small one called Cypress? Hm. "She is correct - this is the Threshold. I was like you, here, not even a few months ago, and the Basin took me in. It can be a home for you as well, should you choose. It is a safe place for those like us, unicorns, who do not wish the...ire of others," he said carefully. Torleik did not like advertising the more racist aspect of those who resided within the Basin because that was not his nature. "This is neutral ground, if you will. Newcomers must come through this place, so the herdlands do not fight each other here - we simply greet and recruit."

[[OOC: Yeah, I was absent there for a bit. Back now.]]

TORLEIK

"And I hear this calling - still, you don't seem so far at all."

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!