the Rift

everything that downs me [open]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

Once again the orange mare was alone. It was something she had prepared herself for, though she'd had hopes that Validino wouldn't do to her what everyone else in her life had done, but he was gone. Evangeline had not been as prepared for it as she thought she had been because when he disappeared she had been crushed. She had trusted him and that trust had been torn to pieces right before her very eyes.

Having no where else to go Evangeline decided to return to Helovia and take up the search for her closest friend once more. She could only hope that Roanne was still calling Helovia home and that they could find one another again. Before her loomed the very forest that she had run in to so many seasons ago when Isilme had been overrun by the dead and forced them all out. Her heart did a funny pitter-patter in her chest at the thought of Isilme. She thought of the forest that had been her home. Of Ricochet and that cocky grin that was always on his face. Roanne and his odd way of speaking. The grumpy Tome Guardian and his love of apples.

Tallis chirped as he circled overhead and looked down at the mare he had bonded to, heart and soul. Gradually his altitude diminished and she soon felt the pinprick of his claws as he landed upon her back. "You must move on." He said and Evangeline nodded her head because she knew that he was right. She had to leave Isilme and its devastation behind if she wanted to find even a touch of happiness in her life. But every time she was happy something happened to take it away. "Don't think that." Tallis replied as he smoothed his clawed feet over Eva's withers.

Evangeline stood there and stared at the forest for several more minutes before she finally moved past the treeline and into Helovia's Threshold. Her emerald eyes scanned the trees and the treetops as she walked and she felt a little bit lighter. It reminded her of the Woodlands that she had led up until Isilme's fall. Tallis chirped at her and she altered her train of thoughts away from Isilme and when she did so the orange dragon settled himself on his bonded's back, his clawed feet hanging off either side of her barrel. His black eyes closed and he began to snooze, lulled by the smooth movement of the mare's steps.

As she walked Evangeline wondered if Roanne would be the one to find her in the forest. It would be the total opposite of Isilme, where she had found him with his face pressed against a tree because he was lost and couldn't find his way. "Mim." His voice echoed in her mind and she felt her heart flutter. Ever silent, the mare pressed on, hoping that the one she sought most would be the one to find her wandering the Threshold, and not knowing that there would never be a reunion for the two of them.

[open to anyone :D]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

The girl watched the golden one pass below. Crouched up in the tree branches above, Ampere had been dozing, but was rousing from her sleep just as the orange dragon drifted by. The dappled sunlight had shone lustrously off his scales and as always Ampere was enraptured by the small dragons. Their beauty, their power, their intelligence was something to be deeply respected. She could certainly understand why everyone wanted one of their own.

She could never accept it though.

Curious, but nearly knowing what answer lay beyond the leaves, Ampere poked her head down just in time to see the dragon alighting on the backside of a horse. The wonder on Ampere's facade quickly dropped into a deep-rooted sadness that each line of her frowning face accentuated. Of course she muttered as she pulled back into the boughs and onto her feet. Had she truly expected anything different than another bonded soul?
Not expected, hoped.

With a sudden urgency Ampere dashed across the tree tops, her hooves rattling the branches as she breezed past, her wings stretching out there they could, but mostly she ducked and swerved, only stopping once she found a large enough opening. With a grunt she dove down head first, her wings snapping out on either side of her with a sharp, hard pull to keep her from splattering on the ground. landing head of Evangeline, Ampere whirled around, disapproval clear on her features as she stalked up to the mare.

"Just who do you think you are!?" Ampere demanded hotly, her electric eyes crackling with an angry passion.
- table - art -

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Outcast

The racket overhead caused Evangeline's steps to slow until she came to a stop. Her head raised and she stared up at the tree branches, catching the odd glimpse of something black and blue zipping through the treetops. Her ears tilted back and ehr brows furrowed as it disappeared from sight yet again. Her tail slapped against her legs and she shook her head thinking that maybe she had just been seeing and hearing things. It wouldn't be the first time the forest had played tricks on her and it probably wouldn't be the last, but it was still very strange.

Another sound drew Eva's eyes from the treetops to the forest that lay before her and she watched the thing, which turned out to be a pegasus, dive from the trees and land on the ground before her. She was certainly not who Evangeline wanted to see, but the mare stood patiently and waited for her to turn. She did not expect the vehemence in the other mare's voice or the hostility in which she carried and presented herself.

"Just who do you think you are!?"

All at once Tallis was awake and moving his way up Eva's neck so his head poked out from between her ears. His black eyes flashed and a plume of smoke blew from his nostrils in the pegasus' direction, a warning to the other mare that he would not tolerate her attitude toward his bonded. "I think I am Evangeline." She answered, mildly annoyed at the greeting she got, but not surprised. Naturally she assumed that Ampere was just another racist twit that only saw the good in her own race. "And this is Tallis." She introduced the dragon, who opened his toothy maw only to release another plume of smoke.

"Calm down Tallis." Evangeline murmured to the dragon. "There is no need for hostility." She eyed the pegasus again. "Even if she deserves it. Your manners are better than that." In response Tallis allowed his body to relax and rested his head between Evangeline's ears, but never looked away from Ampere lest she try something stupid. "And who exactly are you?" Evangeline questioned the other mare. "And what have I done to deserve your hostility?"

Ampere had to give the girl credit, she kept her head on her shoulders even when faced with a pissed of electrical storm. The only real signs of the palomino being perturbed was the smoke curling from the dragon's nostrils as a subtle warning and the tense words she spoke in such abundance for their short duration.

Even so, Ampere did not relent.

"I don't care for your name," Ampere spat out between her teeth, the rising anger in her voice transmitting to the surrounding area as nearby shrubbery began to dance with blue light as the foliage shifted to electrical energy. "I asked just who you think you are. As in what RIGHT do you think YOU have to chain your soul to another's?" The feathers against her wings flared up in tune with the hairs on her hide prickling. Part of it was the static in the area charging her hair, but most of it was her deep rooted and rather blind hatred for anyone bonded. She did not take the time to discern if the poor creature was subjected to battles, by far the worst crime, but just by being bonded period Ampere knew the horse had to be a selfish low life, willing to sink to the depths of enslavement just to cure their own aching loneliness.

"It's unforgivable what you do, forcing these creatures to fight for you, taking them in their vulnerable childhood and lashing them to your mind as an eternal prisoner. And all for what?"
- table - art -

Outcast

The pegasus only got angrier with Evangeline's answer, enough so that the world began to crackle with electricity. Stubbornly Eva held her ground, ears laying flat against her head. She was not one who angered easily, but the accusations that were being thrown at her by a mare that didn't even know her were slowly making her temper simmer. The orange dragon fed off of his bonded's rising anger and raised his head once more. This time when his maw opened he hissed his warning, flames licking the air just before his face.

"You are a FOOL." Eva spat at the younger mare as she tried to ignore the way her skin seemed to prickle with the static electricity the other mare emitted. How dare she accuse her of making Tallis fight for her when she had never did any such thing. Even when Isilme was overrun she'd made sure the dragon had escaped while she remained behind to ensure the safety of her own herd. "Don't presume to know me." She said stiffly, her body quaking with the sudden anger she felt.

"I did not capture him. I did not force him to stay. He chose to bond his soul to mine. I took care of him when he was but a newborn with no mother to protect him or feed him. I have not ever and will not ever make him fight for myself or anyone. I would have not stopped him should he have chosen to live his life unbonded. Everything he does he does of his own free will." Evangeline snapped back while Tallis moved father up on her neck so he could launch himself at the pegasus should he feel the urge to.

"You run your mouth and you have no idea what it is to be bonded. No idea how I treat Tallis. You really are nothing more than a foolish, idealistic child." The orange dragon voiced his agreement with Evangeline's statement with a growling hiss. "Now if you're quite done." She said as she began to pick her way around the pegasus that had drawn her ire. "I have more important things to do."

"I don't like her." Tallis replied, his eyes still locked on the pegasus.

"I know."

"She doesn't know us."

"I know she doesn't." Evangeline responded to the dragon. "And with her bad attitude she never will."

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Finally finding some normalcy in her life, with months between Antheia's suicide and now, Kahlua finally felt well enough to travel back to the Threshold. She loved this place, meeting others was a special passion of hers, and as she stepped into the woods she couldn't help but glow a little. Her smile was wide, her eyes were bright and she radiated a positive energy. Even the troubles she had felt over Skywalker and her visit to the Veins were far gone from her mind. All she was thinking of was the possibility of finding another weary soul seeking the same goal that she and Qian were- peace.

After some time wandering the lands, weaving through the trees and watching the sun grow higher and hotter in the sky, Kahlua finally heard some noise. In the distance, it was hard to make about, but as she came close she instantly wondered if she would need to abandon her hope of peace. While the words were still hard to discern, the emotion in them was evident. Even Kahlua, who so often was incapable of understanding the true depths of emotions, could understand the electricity that drove each word home. And then, as she came even close, it was real electricity, lighting the plants.

Instantly the mare tensed, and she would have turn to run, except she somehow recognized a voice. It had been a long time since she had heard it, and even then it had been but a few moments, but if there was one thing the mare was good at it was remembering names and faces, and the voices that accompany them. So, with curiosity that the odd mare she had met once and seen a second time would be so ferocious, Kahlua decided to brave the confrontation and come close enough that she should be seen. She came in just in time to hear the very ends of Ampere's speech, It's unforgivable what you do, and she could not help but cock her head slightly. She had never really thought about companions that way before and if it didn't hurt her brain to do so she certainly would have thought more on the subject.

Then the chestnut girl answered back and Kahlua could only watch with bated breath. I should never have come here, she thought to herself, but the need for happiness drove her to speak then. “Please... hello.” She paused a moment, hoping the chestnut mare would step, then looked at Ampere and tried to bring her smile back, “It is nice to see you again.” There was some hesitation in her dancing voice, she was concerned that she would become the next subject of Ampere's ire, but the words were already out there. Too late to take them back now. Then, to the chestnut, she spoke some more. The dragon reminded her too much of home. She could not let the mare go without at least speaking to her once. “I am Kahlua, of the World's Edge. Your friend is quite handsome. I welcome you.” She gave a sidelong glance to Ampere then, as if to say even when others do not but for once she held her tongue and the words did not come. A good healthy fear that the electricity in the plants should soon become electricity on her body kept her tongue firmly within her mouth.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Branches cracked overhead as the forest creatures went about their day just doing whatever they did best. Blue eyes gazed upon the slender furry figures that bounced from tree to tree as if walking on air. Their courage must be tremendous for them to run at such speeds never fearing the thought of falling from such heights to the hard ground. The creatures possessed such agility and stamina never seeming to tire of their circuits, it was tiring just watching them. Standing beneath the shade of one of the deciduous trees the white fae rested trying her best to evade the heat of the day that grew stronger as the hours passed along. Darkness was the only relief that would cool the temperatures to more habitable ones more suitable for traveling.

Commotion within the forest behind her caught her attention immediately as the sound of far off voices rang out. What was going on she wondered gazing into the forest depths hoping to catch sight of whatever disturbed the silence. This was the one place that she could remember in her journey as it was the place she had begun, the threshold. Trailing her tail over her flank she attempted to ignore the voices but soon became annoyed with the racket. Deciding to find whoever it was causing the disturbance she stalked into the trees carefully so to keep her footing through the undergrowth. It wasn't long before the pair came into view and the pegasus's words lashed out becoming clear to all those nearby while a palomino mare had to deal with the anger.

If it were a stallion before her the resulting reaction would be much different but she could not just stand there while the black mare was in such a state. Gathering her courage she straightened her posture and walked into view of the other two. "What is going on? Is there a problem or something?" She commented gently her gaze passing from one equine to the other. Her eyes managed to catch the palomino's companion holding her gaze momentarily. The dragon was such a curious creature that she only had come across a couple times thus far in Helovia. "My name is Brisa, who might you be?" She asked having not heard any prior introductions. Meeting the golden mares eyes she offered a friendly smile in greeting before her gaze once again passed to the black mare who was clearly not happy about something. The venom within her tone spoke volumes and her posture resembled a predator stalking its prey. What was her deal anyway, like calm down.

TAGS: Ampere, Evangeline
MUSE: Good
NOTES: None

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

A laugh slowly began to build in Ampere and finally burst free as Evangeline's tirade continued. The sound lacked any of the happiness often associated with humor however, and the sound was cut off by a derisive snort.

"That's just so typical. Blaming HIM for YOUR crime. Is that how you're able to sleep at night, saying he bonded to you?" The snarky laughter barked out again and was cut off with a click of teeth. "HE WAS A HELPLESS INFANT! Do you really think he knew what he was doing, what he wanted? You created the bond, you enslaved him." Ampere hissed out those last words, her lips pulled taut against her exposed teeth, while her ears had sunk down into her mane. Her tail lashed furiously against her flanks, rolling with the electrical energy that continued to build around her.

"He has no free will. His heart is yours, his soul is yours. You influence him constantly, and yet you have the audacity to BLAME HIM!" Ampere's tantrum was only broken by the arrival of 2 other mares, Evangeline already beginning to step away, despite the bristling feathers on Ampere's hide and the live wire in her eyes. Was she going to attack Evangeline? She had a notion to, but to what end? This was only another experience proving that once bonded there was little hope for the horse or the creature. Hurting one would hurt the other, and none of them were willing to listen, such was the side effect of being merged into one being in all essentials.

Ampere spat at the ground, her wings beginning to slap the air into submission as she prepared to depart.
"You should kill yourself, at least then he might have a chance to survive alone, and if not, death would be a kinder fate than eternal imprisonment in your rotten soul, you selfish bitch." Anything was better than being kept from freedom, even death, which in itself was it's own release.

The other mares would certainly keep Ampere from attacking, but even they could not staunch her passion. There was nothing but bruises to be gained here, instead Ampere needed to find the companions and save them before the bonds sealed.
- table - art -

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

The Threshold had never been among his favorite places. It was an area of much activity where strangers came and went with their own agendas, it was impossible to relax and even harder to maintain the necessary vigil to keep him safe.

It was a good thing that they were two about it. With the eyes of the dragon scouting the area from above and himself keeping track of what happened beneath the canopy it was hard to get ambushed, even harder to avoid seeing newcomers - and positively impossible to stay away from the sound of trouble. Why was it that raised voices always attracted him, drew him in like a moth to fire? It had to be a sickness, a mental deformity that made him prone to sticking the charcoal nose where it didn't belong. This peculiar instinct made him veer off his original path and head for the direction of the racket; part amused, part annoyed at the thoughtless idiots that didn't know to keep themselves unnoticed.

With all the ruckus it was a small task to bring himself in close without being seen. The silver stallion was able to listen in to almost the entire conversation, finding himself increasingly astonished by the topic of the heated argument for each crackling word. Finally he found himself unable to keep quiet, and on quiet hooves he approached the group from behind the black pegasus, for once releasing the normally so tight grip on his own powers. A branch of a nearby tree flung out seemingly from nowhere, a leafy tip whipping down to smack the loud young mare on the backside;

"Be quiet, all of you" Lace said sternly and stepped in with ears ticked backwards, glimmering white tail thrashing in irritation around the hocks. "Are you trying to draw misfortune over yourselves? Keep your voices down, if you know what's good for you."

Golden eyes gleamed in the partial light of the clearing as the silver steed let his gaze roam over the gathered mares, taking note of their appearances one by one. Kahlua received a recognizing nod before his attention was passed over to the pegasus, a moments silence carrying the full weight of his seriousness before he spoke again, neck arched and legs merged with the ground as steadily as a rock.

"I don't know why you dislike the notion of a bond to this degree, but it is clear to me that you have no idea what you are talking about. Obviously you know nothing of what it means to share your mind with another, or you wouldn't speak like you do. I don't care why this matter is so sensitive to you, no do I intend to discuss the matter further. It would be wise, however, if you refrained from persecuting those who have chosen to share their lifetime with another being. It will get you nowhere, and not all might be so patient as this young mare here."

As if to hammer down his point a gleaming shard of sunlight fell from the bright day beyond the treetops, glittering white scales almost blindingly white as Fajira fell from the sky, mouth open in a growl and fire licking the jaws as she issued her warning to the insolent child below. Swooping in a low arch above the heads of the horses the White then swooped back into the air and began to circle the group from above; part keeping an eye on the situation, part eying the unfamiliar fire-colored dragon with keen interest.

"If you truly cannot let the matter rest" the knight continued, "I suggest turning to the gods with the matter. Surely Father Earth will be willing to explain the concept to you, since you clearly have misunderstood something."

With that he turned turned away from the hot-headed filly in a dismissive manner, moving the attention instead towards the chestnut mare who had been the target of the hostility.
"Welcome to Helovia, stranger" he said, allowing the voice to soften slightly. "I am Lace of the World's Edge, herdmate of Kahlua... and Brisa" he added after a moment of thought; she wasn't familiar to him, but her scent was that of salt and mist, the same that clung to his own skin - must be a new recruit then. "What brings you to this part of the world?"

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Outcast

The pegasus just kept on and on and it began to dawn on Evangeline that the foolish girl just didn't know when to stop. "And how do you know what age I was when we bonded?" The fiery orange mare demanded. "Do not proceed to act as if you know me because you know nothing about me." How long had it been since she'd been so angry with someone? "Before the shades." Tallis piped up. "Roanne and Giselle." Evangeline's ears snapped back at the thought of her closest friend and the mare he so blindly and foolishly wanted to believe was good when she was anything but.

She then proceeded to twist everything that Evangeline had said so that it sounded as if the mare was blaming the bond she shared with Tallis solely on him. Was there anyone really to blame for something as special as a bond shared with another soul? Evangeline knew at this point that the pegasus truly didn't understand what she was preaching about if she thought there was anyone at all to blame and it quelled the anger that had bubbled within Eva's heart. She felt pity for Ampere because she would never have and understand something as beautiful as a bond with another living creature. She would never understand or know just how much love was shared by those that were bonded.

Two other mares chose that very moment to arrive and Evangeline was thankful that they chose that particular moment. She looked from one to the other, offering each a half smile, but before she could answer their questions or thank the mare that called herself Kahlua, Ampere spoke again:

"You should kill yourself, at least then he might have a chance to survive alone, and if not, death would be a kinder fate than eternal imprisonment in your rotten soul, you selfish bitch."

It was the final straw for the orange dragon who had been warning and tolerating Ampere's disrespect to the best of his abilities. His head turned, maw opened, and fire billowed forth, licking at the grass and shrubs close to where Ampere stood on her soapbox preaching to anyone who would listen. The dragon's fire was cut short and he took to the air as a stallion stepped onto the scene, ordering them all to be quiet.

Evangeline turned and looked at the stallion, eyes narrowing in recognition because she knew immediately that she had seen him somewhere before but couldn't place where. Maybe it was just in passing, she thought as he began his own spiel, which she thought would just fall on deaf ears. Her head then lifted and she looked up to the branches overhead where Tallis had settled himself, his tail flicking back and forth in irritation much like a cat's would.

"Calm down." She told him, to which his answer was a growl. "You know you cannot go around trying to burn everyone that makes you angry, Tallis." The dragon huffed and glared down at Ampere from his perch in the trees. She felt bad that she had let her emotions flare and affect the both of them as they had, but some things were uncontrollable. "She's dumb." Tallis replied hotly and Evangeline smiled at him. "You can't burn her because she's dumb. It doesn't work like that." The dragon huffed again then turned his attention to the white dragon who was circling.

By this point the stallion had finished his speech to Ampere and was introducing himself as Lace of the World's Edge. "Lace?" Evangeline repeated. She took a moment to consider the two mares again, nodding to both of them and offering them each a 'hello' before she looked at Lace again. "Lace ... from the Woodlands?" If he were the same Lace he would know what she was talking about and she found herself hoping that she'd found one of her own.

My name is Brisa. Kahlua turned her head at the words. She was glad to have a familiar face in this time because she was beginning to think she was in over her head. The crackling of the plants all around her was making her more nervous, now that she had time to think about it, and she had never really been fond of arguments. All-in-all, she couldn't help but feel like she never should have come here. But here she was, so it was too late to turn back now. Thankfully, they were joined by another familiar face. Lace. Unfortunately, he was in a state she had never seen him before and the thrashing of the branches thanks to his apparent magic unsettled the mare further. In fact, whatever semblance she had held of being calm was almost out the door, as she shifted her weight uneasily between her limbs and stepped closer to Brisa for comfort.

You should kill yourself, the blue demanded and Kahlua snorted. As if they had timed it, the orange dragon blew fire from his nostrils at the same moment. If she had been uncertain about Ampere before, she had made up her mind now. The electric pegasus was not one to be messed with. Especially considering her apparent ability to electrify the foliage. Across the way, after a nod which she curtly returned, her previous teacher went off on the pegasus in a demanding voice that the girl had never heard before. All of this commotion over a companion was something Kahlua did not understand. She couldn't imagine being mother-figure to something so small and, at least for a short time, needy. She was not meant to be responsible for life in that manner.

With the pegasus spreading her wings to leave, Kahlua found herself hoping that she would make her departure quickly. She had not come here for anger and fright. She wanted to be calm again. As Lace mentioned her name, she stopped her agitated shifting long enough to smile and nod. “I've missed you,” she said honestly, though her feelings her more complex than this. She was pleased that he had stepped down as Glazier because it mean that she could step up. She was unhappy because she counted him as a friend and she didn't want him to feel that she had taken advantage of him. She was confused because she didn't know what had prompted him to leave in the first place. Perhaps some day she would understand. But that day was not today.

Before her, there seemed to be some sort of recognition between Lace and the girl that had just been verbally assaulted (necessarily or unnecessarily, she could not say) by the blue pegasus. Lace from the Woodlands? she asked and Kahlua could not help but furrow her brow in confusion. At least it stopped her dancing. The Woodlands? She did not know of the place. The word reminded her of the Foothills. Had Lace been a part of the herd that had attacked them? She shook her head because she could not believe it and was very confused anyway. Instead, she just reached her nose out to try and touch Brisa's neck. “Hello,” she murmured under her breath, trying to keep the blue's attention off of her all the while watching the interaction that was occurring before her.

OOC| Merp, sorry, had a test this morning, had no time to post yesterday :)

Already annoyed with the attitude of the pegasus and her behaviour her patience was running thin. Normally she was not an individual who spoke out about things but there was only so much that she could stand, treating someone like this was not ok with her. "You should kill yourself, at least then he might have a chance to survive alone, and if not, death would be a kinder fate than eternal imprisonment in your rotten soul, you selfish bitch." Her mouth nearly fell open at the heartlessness of the comment, how could anyone even think about saying such a horrid thing. "Ok seriously back off! You do not know what your criticizing so until you do leave others alone with your opinions." Her voice growled as her eyes narrowed staring towards the blue mare as she spoke, her ears pinned to her head.

Her anger surprised even herself but it was not fair to talk like this to anyone. Most of her life she had been treated as if she was some insignificant creature not worth even common courtesy, seeing another subjected to such harsh words cut her deep. She might not be able to stand against the mare in a battle but she could do her best to at least stand up to her foul mouth. Never before had she considered herself having even a shred of bravery but it seems that she had been wrong there might be still a tiny strand hanging on. Inside she was scared to death of the mare and her abilities to electrify the plants around her but in that second it took to make her sentence heard all she felt was anger.

Expecting the mare to lash out she braced herself for some impending attack. Seconds passed before another foreign voice sounded over the snapping electrical activity and flared tempers. Shrinking back a step as the stallion came into view her heart beat rapidly as uneasiness replaced the anger. Taking comfort in the presence of Kahlua she managed to maintain control of herself resisting the urge to back away from the stallion, Lace. His scent was faintly familiar with the scent of the Edge but he was still a stallion. "Are you trying to draw misfortune over yourselves? Keep your voices down, if you know what's good for you."

His voice commanded attention as did his body language as he addressed them all with a stern tone. Glancing sideways over to her friend she noted a slight relaxation at the Lace's presence, surely he was someone who could be trusted well at least by normal equine standards. Feeling the soft touch of Kahlua's muzzle upon her shoulder she turned her head giving a small smile and nod afraid to say to much more with everything else going on. What would come next she wondered, would the nasty witch give up her quest to destroy or would she pursue it with the presence of Lace?

TAGS: @[Ampere], Kahlua, @[Lace], @[Evangeline]
NOTES: Don't mind her XD

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

WINDOW SEAT TO CHAOS OVERLOAD

Flames rushed forward in a wash of heat and light. Fire.
It was all her mind saw, all her thoughts knew to scream.

Fire.
FIRE.
F I R E.

Ampere's head shot back, her already outstretched wings catching her abruptly shifting balance, but even so she stumbled back a step or two. Reflexively she protected herself, both in shying away to shield her body but also in exploding a nearby shrub into an electrical ball of energy. It hurtled towards Evangeline's right side as Ampere windmilled, catching herself just as a thwack resounded on her neck.

Wide-eyed she spun backwards, teeth snapping at the air in her furious confusion and more foliage transitioned into blue arcs of angry voltage, hissing and sizzling at anything nearby before dissipating.

Though the dragon fire did not extend far enough to even sizzle her whiskers, and the tree branch would fail to leave a bruise she'd even remember by nightfall, Ampere's muscles had already been wound tightly and she always came out swinging.
Later, in the hours when this memory would creep into her mind, she would acknowledge that this mare had been merciful. Ampere could not say the same for herself in switched positions.
Burn the witch!

In this chaos Ampere did manage to pull herself together, recognizing an absence of continued attack or pain. Like a shy bird, her mind reprimanded, blue eyes coasting over the assembled group with a certain sadness now that the wave of humiliation had washed away the rage. Most everyone was lecturing or shouting at her now, nothing new really, but she barely heard them over the roar of her own conscious.

They won't even try to listen, she keened, glancing between the orange mare and the new silver stallion. Whatever bits of his voice she caught she dismissed. He told her she lacked understanding? He should take his own advice, both of them should. They assumed her wrong but never took a moment to consider their wrongs. Why should they? They were bonded after all, and they liked it. How dare she knock on that comfortable cocoon and try to make them realize any other life beyond the warm husk of denial.

"This is pointless," she bit out in-between all the speeches, her live wire eyes alight with disappointment and hurt. Would none of them listen? Were her words so hard to take?
Perhaps if Ampere knew anything about public relations she's consider a different method of delivery, but she only knew what the wilderness had taught her. There, no silver pools exist for coating your tongue. there is only birdsong, each trying to outmatch the other.

Ampere would keep singing until someone finally listened to the song.

Her wings, during this time, had returned to slapping the air and finally she was grabbing the lift she needed. With a final kick of her hind feet she sped into the crowded air ways of the forest, seeking out a low tree branch to hop on and off and so on until the clouds swallowed her up.
"All you've said to me, digest yourselves. You may not know everything you think you do."

A M P E R E

darya87.deviantart.com

Chaos ensued. About the same time as Lace arrived at the gathering the patience of the chestnut girl appeared to have burned out - or at least her dragon wasn't about to take it anymore. Somewhat ruining the desired effect of his scolding the orange-scaled lizard let out a warning stream of searing hot fire, a much grander and vivid display than the smaller white's; it unleashed a strong response from the pegasus, and later once the commotion had died down the grullo had to admit that his initial 'greeting' only made things worse.

It all happened so quickly. A bolt of fire struck the ground, the black mare fell backwards from her interrupted attempt to leave the scene, the twig he had unleashed slapped her on the neck and then the place was alight with crackling, blinding electricity. Before the gold-backed stallion had a chance to react he saw how an orb of sparkling light bolted towards the newcomer and felt a searing, burning pain stab into the front of the chest as one of the stray coils of earthbound lightning connected with his own skin. It pushed him backwards, stumbling over roots and rocks, half from shock and surprise and half from the unexpected force of the seemingly harmless display of light; he felt the lungs sting, tried to gasp for breath but came up empty for the duration of about ten seconds.

It felt more like ten minutes. Coughing and wheezing as the temporary paralysis eased off he stared after the disappearing girl, blinking and hissing in discomfort. Fajira spun around in the air, blue eyes gleaming with rage over the thoughtlessness of the magical release, prepared to breathe a larger quantity of flame towards her disappearing tail.
"Leave it!" he cut in, out of breath even in his mind.
"But..!"
"Not worth it, let her go.."

A shaky breath sounded like a wheeze in the silence that followed upon the disappearance of the pegasus, and as Fajira hissed in disappointment and turned back to hover above the gathered horses Lace straightened himself up, worriedly noticing how the ache of the lungs didn't want to fade. He felt short of breath even as the pulse slowed down, and with a grimace he realized that the lightening mist have caused more damage than he had thought possible.

It took a while for him to regain some semblance of composure, even longer before he realized that he was being spoken to. Gilded eyes turned slowly to rest on the blazed mare, quietly regarding her as the weight of confused and wary looks from Kahlua and Brisa bore down on him - it felt almost physical, and he could have sworn that there was something accusatory in the painted crafter's eyes...
"Just imagination" the dragon tried to reassure, her wings beating hard to let her hover above his back for a while - concern for his well being apparent in every movement as she guarded the stallion.

"Who asks?" he insisted, not unkindly but not too keen on revealing too much about himself. It was shocking enough to find that someone from outside of Helovia recognized his name, even more so that they connected him to the forest realm of Isilme. Not likely to make him happy, the black-masked vagabond tried to place her, remember if he'd seen her before - he couldn't find her semblance anywhere in the murky depths of the mind, however, and decided that this was a riddle that had to be answered - the sooner the better.

The Store | The Warden

Outcast

Taking her eyes off of the pegasus to focus on her companion had been a mistake that Evangeline wouldn't be making again. If it had not been for Tallis suddenly screaming in her head to move, Evangeline would not have moved and the bolt of electricity would have hit her squarely in the side instead of in the hindquarter. Her muscles tingled and her leg felt numb, which kept her rooted in place. The chestnut mare's mind was filled with visuals from Tallis as he left the tree branch he had been perched on while she tried to calm him and shot off after Ampere. Waves of fire spilled from his maw as he went in pursuit, intent on punishing her for her transgressions.

"Tallis!" Evangeline called for the dragon, which was the only reason he ended his chase. Had it not been for his bonded calling him off he would have followed the pegasus until he burned every feather from her wings and sent her crashing down to the ground.

In the midst of all the chaos that had suddenly unfolded the chestnut mare was unaware that anyone else had been hit by the stray bolts of electricity. She blinked as the feeling slowly, so very slowly, began to return to her leg then looked around. "Is everyone okay?" she asked as Tallis returned and settled himself onto her beck, chirping and trilling to his bonded in his dragony way.

"Who asks?"

Evangeline's emerald gaze drifted over the two mares to Lace and she watched him for a moment. "Evangeline the Pure." She answered. "I led the Woodlands with Roanne the Sentinel up until the shades invaded Isilme. But I was still quite young when you lived within the Woodlands and I was still unknown to anyone. I remember hearing your name."

@[Brisa]
@[Kahlua]
@[Lace]

Explosion. First fire then electricity. Immediately, Kahlua was dancing nervously, shifting and swaying and trotting in place. Half-rearing and tossing her head, snorting out of agitation. She was flailing about the way she was, because she did not know what to do. She had never had anything against Ampere, but here the girl was exploding for a seemingly unapparent reason. And the electricity. Stray bolts crackled in the foliage around her and Kahlua was incredibly careful to avoid the shrubbery, though even the grasses crackled under her hooves. It only made her dance higher, trying to prevent her skin from being singed. But finally Ampere left, and the ground returned to normal, but Kahlua still padded in place. She had never really been good for things like this.

Beside her, Brisa seemed to be taking on a new life. There was an aggression to her voice that Kahlua had never heard before. Surprisingly, it did not make Kahlua feel nervous. Rather, it made her feel protected. Now she felt that she had a friend, besides Kaj, that she could call upon if she ever needed to. Someday she certainly would. Life for the stupid is never so simple as it seems. Finally, her gaze fell once more to Lace. She noticed he had fallen back and finally she made a purposeful movement. She lifted a foot and crept forward a few paces, looking to him, hoping to convey without words that she would lend him a shoulder if needed. She didn't know what else she could do.

Tallis, the newcomer called out finally, breaking the tension that was filling the air. Kahlua turned to her to find that her fur was singed as well. In all her dancing about, Kahlua had missed some of the action. And then, mirroring Kahlua's own thoughts, Evangeline asked, is everyone okay? Kahlua smiled and nodded, “And you?” Then she fell silent, letting Evangeline speak to Lace, getting her name. Evangeline, Kahlua repeated to herself several times in her head, as was her habit. And finally, when there seemed to be a break, Kahlua found her voice once again. “Are you looking for a home now?”

If she wasn't frightened before she sure as hell was now seeing the semi explosion before her. First came the fire that Evangeline's companion created as an attempt to silence the blue mare's mouth and knock her down a few levels from her tier of supposed superiority. The lightning which already crackled from the foliage around them seemed to go haywire as Ampere jumped backwards before making her attempt to flee the scene before things got uglier than they already were. This activity seemed to intensify the electrical activity before a large bolt shot towards Evangeline. Her mind froze in the chaos as panic froze her limbs as she shied backwards away from the immediate threat only to experience a sharp pain in her shoulder.

The activity seemed to fade just as fast as it had started as soon as Ampere left the scene before she was turned into a roasted skewer, not that she didn't deserve it she thought smugly to herself. Normally she was not one to make such rash opinions on others but something about the blue mare did not sit well with her. It was a relief that she was now gone so her mind could take in everything else going on around them. As the momentary panic faded it was difficult to comprehend what had all happened. Looking around to her friend Kahlua she was thankful to see that she appeared unharmed as did Evangeline, but something had happened with the stallion Lace that had Kahlua concerned. Was he ok, she wondered silently? The throbbing pain in her own shoulder led her to glance down only to see a jagged cut where a small sapling had cut into her flesh in the panic. That must have been how she got zapped by the electricity she reasoned to herself.

As her friend stepped towards Lace she brushed off her own discomfort to concentrate on the others around her. The cut was nothing that would not heal with some time, she had definitely had much worse she would live. The mention of a home by her friend caught her attention as she looked over to them. Chuckling to herself she couldn't think how crazy all this must sound after such a cufluffal and the whole light show display. "Maybe you might consider coming to at least rest for awhile in the Edge, our home." She suggested in addition to Kahlua's comment a small smile creeping onto her face.

TAGS: Ampere, Lace, Evangeline, Kahlua
NOTES: XD

Table by Moonstone Designs

For a moment the stallion remained still as a statue as the mind processed this bit of information. Only the slightly ragged breathing revealed that everything was not as well as it could have been with him; nostrils quivered for each breath, the heaving of the sides strained, much too wide for the feeble amount of air he was able to take in. Were they punctured, a part of him wondered as he regarded Evangeline thoughtfully, golden eyes staring into green as if he would be able to see her memories that way and thus find out exactly what she had heard.

Eventually though the stallion sighed, a soft exhale that turned into a hacking cough. The white dragon warbled soothingly and lowered herself down onto his whithers, taloned feet resting with practiced ease on the sloping shoulders with wings half spread as a raspy, pink tongue began to groom the gold-dusted coat.

"I'm fine" the grullo murmured, clearing the voice once more as he offered Kahlua a reassuring look; he could manage on his own four feet, but her silent offer was noted and appreciated none the less. A dark, cobwebbed nose reached out to brush against her neck momentarily, before the attention was passed onwards to the gray girl. Lace hadn't had time to pay her much attention in all the chaos, but according to Fajira she had seemed both startled and angry and fearful, in a jumble of emotion that made the White snort inwardly in apprehension. A skittish and shy person then, whom he knew only too little about; it was hard to think that they were members of the same herd, yet he had only learned of her name today.

"Remedy, or leave it" the dragoness whispered through the bond; Lace grunted quietly and offered the chestnut mare a nod, quietly approving of Brisa's invitation.

"Whether you choose to follow us home or not, I suggest we move on from here" he added, gaze sweeping the area as he raised the neck higher. "We've created far too much noise, and I'm in no condition to fend off a pack of wolves."

That canines or wild cats likely wouldn't be the only thing coming after them the stallion left unsaid. There was no point in riling the mares up unnecessarily - the chance of them having scared off any wildlife in a miles radius was just as likely, but years on the road had made the seasoned veteran cautious, on the brink of paranoia.

"Come... Let's go." Making a mental note to find the dragon-bonded girl later for a chat the stallion turned and began to walk, choosing a slithering path towards the east; the pace was steady, slow yet ground covering. With a bit of luck they would reach the Edge in a few days time; hopefully his lungs would have recovered by then, and this whole incident would have faded to the back of his mind, not to resurface again until much, much later...

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
The Store | The Warden

Outcast

"Good." Evangeline murmured when everyone seemed to be okay with the exception of herself and Lace having been hit by the stray bolts of electricity. "My leg is a little numb, but I'm fine." She answered the mare who had called herself Kahlua. Tallis turned his orange head toward the mare and gazed at her, his head tilting from side to side before he trilled his acceptance of her. As she asked another question he turned to look at Evangeline curiously. "Stay?" He asked, feeling her apprehension at calling Helovia home after the welcome she had gotten from the crazy, judgmental pegasus.

"...I am." She said after Brisa seconded Kahlua's sentiment and offered to bring her to the World's Edge. She frowned in mild confusion because the last time she had been in Helovia the Edge had been exclusively unicorn. "The Edge accepts Equines now?" She asked as she glanced from one individual to another. How long had she been gone from Helovia? How much had changed in her absence?

Lace spoke next and Evangeline nodded her agreement that they should move on. She limped after the group as they headed toward the Edge under Lace's command that they go. For a while Tallis scanned the trees overhead as if he were waiting for the blue mare to return and when he felt confident that she would not he moved from Evangeline's back to her neck, two legs hanging from either side and his head resting between her ears as he watched the group ahead of them.

@[Kahlua] @[Brisa] @[Lace]

ooc:// sorry it took so long for me to post. i suppose we can call this thread finished and continue in the Edge?