Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
m i y k a e l
AND IF LOVING HER IS HEARTACHE FOR ME
AND IF HOLDING HER MEANS THAT I HAVE TO BLEED
THEN I AM THE MARTYR - LOVE IS TO BLAME

Despite having found himself a new home, Miykael had grown restless. As each day passed, his search for Alysanne continued to lead him nowhere. No matter how many days and hours he had spent circling over all of Helovia, he hadn't found her. Either the timing was simply terrible and they kept missing each other or he had taken a wrong turn somewhere and Alysanne hadn't ever come here. Miykael truly hoped that it was not the latter. Regardless, the tawny and white Pegasus would not give up. He had to see her, to know that she was alright. He had to and he would, no matter what it took or how long he searched.

As the new day dawned, Miykael unfolded his large white wings and as he ran towards the cliffs in the Edge, he flapped his wings. With a powerful leap, he took off; alternating between pumping his wings and coasting on the air currents. He spends a few moments soaring over the oceans below, feeling the sun warming his back and the warm wind rushing over his face and through his dark mane and tail. Everything about the moment gives him hope, lifts his spirits for the day. So with a smile on his face and a lightness in his blue eyes, the dunskin tobiano banks left and heads back towards Helovia.

Coasting lower and lower, he begins his descent. Miykael lands, as gracefully as he is capable, just outside the wall surrounding the World's Edge and promptly folds his large wings to his sides. His steps are light and lively as he moves through the trees with a moderate pace. Miykael heads east, moving deeper in and further from the cliffs before turning south. It isn't long before the vegetation begins to thicken. As he moves deeper in, slowing his pace in order to take extra care, the stallion stumbles upon a delicate flower. It is a small flower, yellow with five petals - delicate and sweet - and growing in bunches with several flowers to a stem. This one in particular was different from the rest with one flower on an unusually long stem. Aly would love it, he thought. Pausing, he reaches down and gently grasps the stem with his teeth and plucks it. Miykael gently tucks the flower into the feathers of his right wing, taking care to avoid harming the delicate little flower.

Once satisfied, he continues on. Stepping carefully through the vegetation until he reaches a clear pool of water. It is situated nicely at the center of the trees with willows dotted the edge. Quiet and secluded, the Pegasus gazes into the clear pool of water and quickly finds himself drifting off into his memories. It was in a place very similar to this one (far fewer trees) that he had met her for the first time. Once again, Alysanne filled his thoughts and consumed him. That is when he sees her, or thinks he does for what he really sees is simply a figment of his imagination, laying beside the lake almost directly across from where he stood. Miykael doesn't move but instead simply gazes out over the lake.
image credits
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

While she was here in Helovia, Alysanne was determined to make the most of it. Unwilling to set out for Nocturne and spend years looking for it, she would stay here – explore. Perhaps she could make this place her home. She had seen how much Kahlua loved World’s Edge – it was the same love she had seen from Phoebe in Ferraden. Such pride in the land they lived in. Aly had felt that about those she knew and wondered if it was possible for her to feel loyalty to a place.

There was so much more to Helovia still to see – so she had left World’s Edge just before dawn. The last time, she had turned to the north and found herself in the Tundra – with Aleksandr. This time, she turned the other way – following the coast for a little bit before turning inland. She always preferred to walk than fly – enjoying the ground level view.

While the sun was still low in the sky she came across the most beautiful lake, rivalling the one back in Nocturne. The summer vegetation rustled in the morning breeze, willows letting their long limbs brushings the ground and the surface of the crystalline water.
She found a spot on the shore, sheltered from the already-warm sun by the boughs of trees and the bright foliage they were sporting at this time of year. Oh, the land was so beautiful. Feeling completely at peace, she folded her legs and wings and lay there on the shore – enjoying the simplicity of the moment.

It was chance that her eyes, matching the leaves around her, drifted to the opposite shore and spotted him.

Could it be? Could she really be that fortunate?

She laughed, a bright – delightful laugh that would have carried all the way across the lake. Quickly she scrambled to her hooves. In her excitement she started to walk into the water – absolutely dancing with joy as she pranced forward – but wading and swimming across the lake would take too long. So with a leap she took to the air, coming low to skim across the surface of the pool with a hoof as she aimed for the opposite shore. Right to him. She landed in the water, where the refreshing liquid came just below her knees – splashing as she raced herself to get to the shore.

“Mikey!” There was such delight in her green eyes as she finally found her hooves on solid ground and was embracing him. First Aleksandr, now Miykael? If this this trend continued, would all those she cared for end up in Helovia? Already there were fewer reasons for her to miss Nocturne – though she could never forget those that remained. Her sister, son, nephews and friends.

But now, one of her dearest friends was standing right in front of her and that was not a gift to be wasted. “I can’t believe it’s you!”

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Outcast
m i y k a e l
AND IF LOVING HER IS HEARTACHE FOR ME
AND IF HOLDING HER MEANS THAT I HAVE TO BLEED
THEN I AM THE MARTYR - LOVE IS TO BLAME

This is a peaceful place. It is secluded, quiet; with little more than the hum of insects and the song of birds to fill one's ears. The lush greens of the foliage and the clarity of the water provide the perfect setting for relaxation or perhaps even romance - though, that is the furthest thing from his mind. He is unaware of how much time passes but it seems like ages and were he not so focused on this illusion of Aly, he might wonder - however briefly - if the sun was near to setting. Instead, his blue eyes are glued (unfocused and glazed) on the black and white Pegasus across the crystalline waters from where he stood.

The silence is deafening.

Then she looks up - notices him. Her eyes, bright and glistening like emeralds, see right through him - his soul laid bare. Sullen, he shifts his gaze down to the grasses by his hooves - his heart aches for her to be real. Laughter - light, delicate and tinkling like bells - rings out across the lake and tickles his ears. Oh! how he remembered that laugh - how he had longed to hear it again. His heart feels squeezed in his chest then, as other sounds - loud and distinguishable from the cacophony of insects and birds that had been surrounding him - assault his delicate ears, he jerks his head up. The illusion of his long lost friend is moving towards him - quickly. The mirror-like surface of the lake had been clearly disturbed by her. Miykael happened to lift his gaze the moment she leapt from the water and flew towards him.

He blinked - rather forcefully - and swallowed hard. His heart was pounding so hard within his chest that it was nearly deafening and he wondered if it would burst. Was this death? Though he had experienced death once before he didn't remember what it had been like but to spend his last moments with Aly - real or imagined - was all he could ever ask for. She lands with a splash not far from where he stands then races towards him - spraying him a bit with the cool liquid. Miykael doesn't flinch. In truth, he hardly notices the fact that he is now wet as well. "Mikey!" she says excitedly and within moments she has him in her embrace.

For a moment he is frozen, almost stiff - uncertain as to whether or not she was indeed an illusion as he had originally thought. But her voice, the warmth of her body pressed against his and her scent (oh that heavenly scent!) - it all clicked in his brain. He had found her. This was really her. His mind wasn't playing any tricks on him even though it is fully capable of doing so. Miykael's stiffness instantaneously disappears and he embraces her with as much - if not more - vigor. Closing his eyes, he breathes in her scent - her closeness warming him to the depths of his soul. "Aly." he murmurs, pressing his face gently into her neck and mane. "Oh how I've missed you..." he pauses, never wanting to let her go.

The dunskin and white Pegasus holds her in an embrace for a moment longer before stepping back just enough to look into her green eyes. Those eyes were exactly as he remembered them - vivid, beautiful and by far the best shade of green that he has ever seen. Miykael smiles then, reaching forward to briefly touch his velvety nose to hers. His blue eyes are more filled with life now than they had been since before the blizzard in Nocturne had driven them out. "I tried to find you... in the storm." he confesses before falling silent to merely enjoy the moment.
image credits

Her heart beat wildly as she approached – the happiness she felt was so overwhelming – and it only calmed when they embraced, breathing in his scent once more. She knew that some day she would see them all again, but that it was so soon was more than even she had hoped for. And here! Oh she was so fortunate. First Aleksandr and now Mikey – the two stallions she loved were now here with her. Loved that is, in ways as different as the two stallions were from each other.

It was an embrace she never wanted to end, everything about it so perfect. The serenity of their surrounding soothing her even when he pulled back so that they could look at each other. Oh she missed him so much.

He mentioned, almost sheepishly, the storm and how he had tried to find her. Touched as she was, she looked at him with concern – “Did you?” and looked him over, checking for wounds where he might have hurt himself. That storm was bigger, dangerous. It came so late in the year that none of them had been prepared. She should have stayed in the jungle of Ferraden that day, not gone travelling.

In her examination of her friend, she did not find anything obvious. Had he followed her here? That would be just like him, wanting to make sure she was safe. She owed him so much – more than she knew, those memories long since erased. “Oh Mikey, always my guardian angel.” Her tone turned teasing then and she reached out again to nip lightly at his mane with affection. “I was so foolish to go out in the storm, I would have never forgiven myself if you’d been hurt.”

Now that she was close, she was unwilling to step away from his familiar form – enjoying the warmth of his presence despite the heat. It was more than physical heat – he made her feel safe. He was a familiar face in an unfamiliar land. Helovia was beautiful and in time, she knew, she might grow to love it. But there was still so much that her heart missed. "Do you know if my son is alright? I tried to get back..." Her shaky voice cut off. Was she a terrible mother, standing here in Helovia and growing attached to the land, rejoicing in the faces she recognzied, while somewhere a colt was growing up without his mother.

If there was no news, she would leave soon. Perhaps even within the day. Maybe it would take months to find Nocturne again, it would be a risk, but it was her son.

Yes, much to miss - but the presence of Mikey was comforting. Her best friend! Here with her again. She would move from him if he wished – for now she could not yet make her legs do any such thing. Those emerald eyes took him in, from those kind sky eyes to his brilliant white wings… wait, his wings had not been that magnificent before. They had been singed. She had changed upon leaving Nocturne, feeling the dryad part of her disappear – the flowers in her hair, the wooden quality of her hooves – how did he change? “There’s something different about you.” She pointed out in a murmur, trying to figure what it was exactly. He seemed… healthier. The singed edges to his wings gone, and in his eyes – a sadness that had always been lurking there in Nocturne was smaller.

Then it dawned on her - eyes widening. “Mikey are you…” How could she phrase it? The word, what he was, had never suited the dunskin stallion. He was so unlike the other demons she knew, she doubted there was any darkness in him at all.

It had never mattered to her. He had been honest with her about what he was right from their first meeting and if it were still true she would never turn him away. But wouldn’t it be wonderful for him? To be free? Unable to figure out how best to end her sentence, deep green looks into bright blue and looked for the answer.

made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Outcast
Peace. Being near her granted him the only true peace he has ever known. His heart and soul reach out for her - fleeing his body to embrace her. She is sweetness, she is softness; she means everything in the world to him. Every ounce of him - no matter how big or small - felt at ease with her so near. He is comfortable, even when silence falls over them. Miykael and Alysanne - they didn't need words. They didn't need conversation to keep any awkwardness at bay. For Miykael, at least, the awkwardness did not exist. That is precisely why he keeps quiet, keeps his true desires hidden in the depths of his soul - regardless of whether or not Aly would discover them on her own later.

The dunskin paint loses himself in those vibrant emerald eyes of hers - if only for a moment. The fog is lifted when she speaks - oh.. that gentle voice of hers. The concern written clearly upon her face made him smile, however, and when she shifted to look him over he couldn't help but laugh. He does not answer her initial question - she knew the answer. Of course he had sought for her, of course he had followed her that day - he would not be who he is had he stayed behind or left her to wander the storm alone.

'Oh Mikey, always my guardian angel' she teases, closing the gap between them again to playfully nip at his mane. Oh Aly he thinks to himself, reaching around to rest his chin upon her withers, you have no idea. Exhaling softly, he feels his heart slow - his chest seems to mold perfectly to her own. "It's alright now, Aly. We're safe." His voice is soft now, only just above a whisper, though still deep and as soothing as it generally was. Though there was no reason for him to remain close - the heat of the season making shared body heat generally undesirable - Miykael did not pull away and in truth, he never wanted to.

When she spoke again, her voice was laced with the mixed emotions only a mother that has lost (though not in death) her child can possess. Her voice quivers and he instinctively shifts to nuzzle her neck and shoulder. "He is safe." he declares, the words brimming with confidence. "Nate and Bara are with him." The last bit is added with a smile, knowing that together they were safe - regardless of how much his two sought out adventure (trouble, to be more precise).

Quiet fell over them once more and in that silence his blue gaze swept over her. The flowers. Miykael hadn't noticed it before now but her flowers were gone and her hooves were different - they were... more ordinary (though he could never believe it to be so.) Alysanne transcended the very idea of ordinary - she is perfect, beautiful and all things lovely. The very moment he noticed the differences in her, she seemed to notice the changes in him. Parts of them, it seemed, had been tied to Nocturne - tied to it in such a way that the moment they left, they left those things behind. Miykael had certainly begun to miss some of those things - his healing magic and the ability to shift forms - but the parts he had longed to be rid of were also gone and those held the most weight. 'There's something different about you,' she murmurs and he nods softly in agreement. "You as well," he adds softly, "your flowers are gone." There is a slight sadness in his tone with that statement, though it is quickly eased when his own words trigger his memory. The yellow flower. He had tucked it away in the feathers of his right wing - saving it for her. "Oh!" he exclaims, neglecting to elaborate or explain.

With a renewed sense of joy, he steps back momentarily and turns his head towards his right wing. Unfurling his wing - stretching it out to grant him easier access - he carefully grasps the flower, pulling it from the safety of his pure white feathers. He turns back to her - the buttery yellow flower clasped gently between his lips - with a sheepish grin in his eyes. Everything about him says, I found this for you! - in the most obvious and nearly childlike way possible. He steps towards her, slowly, as if to judge whether or not she would accept it. Miykael moves to weave the flower into her mane - once done, he steps back as though to re-examine her, and with a satisfied grin he nods. "There. Now that's more like it."

Her eyes widened then, her voice reaching his ears once more. "A demon?" he asks, attempting to finish her sentence. "No. Not anymore. That part of me disappeared when I left Nocturne." The apparent invisible barrier and how everything worked - it was all baffling to him. In truth, he still didn't understand how it could be so. He didn't understand how he could be an upper demon in one place and an ordinary Pegasus in another. How had he not died upon crossing the border? Or, at the very least, remained the same? Stepping forward again, embracing her once more, he moved his lips to the base of her neck - nibbling gently and, perhaps a bit playfully, on the flesh there. "I can't heal anymore, though, so be extra careful for me." Miykael teases, chuckling softly - glad that he had chosen this very spot on this very day to search for her.

m i y k a e l
I'LL BE THERE TILL THE STARS DON'T SHINE
TILL THE HEAVENS BURST AND THE WORDS DON'T RHYME
AND I KNOW WHEN I DIE, YOU'LL BE ON MY MIND

and i'll love you - always

image credits

[ooc: aaaand the small novels begin. :P ]

Her relief was palpable as he reassured her about her son – spending time with his twins. Oh the trouble they would get into! “I miss him so much. And Iona.” Guilt bubbled to the surface as she thought of her family. So many of them were still in Nocturne. She had Aleksandr here, it was true, and now Mikey, but her blood existed somewhere else. In all her years she had never been this far from Iona – she could put off that feeling for a while, distracted by Helovia and all the new and wonderful things, but it always returned. After all, her sister and her son were never far from her mind. And her nephews! That ache in her heart was real. The comfort of having Mikey so close was something but even her best friend could not make her feel better. She should have turned around at so many points, even now.

But how could she leave what was here? She was back with Aleksandr, close to him for all the time they actually spent with one another. The new friends here and the feeling that maybe this could be her home – that she had gone to Nocturne so that she might find her way here. All she wanted was peace, somewhere she could grow old with her friends and family all around her. A simple life.

Her heart was torn and for all her joy there was no denying that.

The change of subject was welcome and he mentioned the flowers in her mane and their absence and she was touched by the sadness in his voice. She missed them too, but all things considered it wasn’t all that terrible of a loss. What she missed most of them was the connection they tied to her father. She was an ordinary Pegasus now – finally something her mother could accept. Not that it mattered anymore. “I don’t think there are such things as dryads and demons here. We make a perfect duo – friends that don’t exist.” She whispered to him with a laugh, breaking herself out of the sadness for another moment.

And then when he produced the flower, Aly laughed in a lighter way – her usual, delighted, twinkling laugh and quickly nodded her approval. He could make even the closest sadness feel a little farther away. “It’s perfect Mikey.” It was tangled in her hair, where it would stay for as long as it could. The yellow reminded her of Iona, of the beautiful little daisies that grew in her hair, and it gave her more comfort than he imagined the stallion before her could probably realize.

It was nothing short of remarkable, the fact that he was standing before her – offering soft touches. Oh she might ache if she knew what were behind those touches on his end – but Aly was blissful in her ignorance. They were different than those she shared with Aleksandr, when he occasionally forgot himself or decided it was okay to care for a moment, so she did not think anything of it.

Yes, the fact that he had reverted to a Pegasus instead of something… else when leaving Nocturne was remarkable. Hadn’t he died, after all, to become a demon? Some time long ago before she had known him, in another life and another age when he had parents.

But he was here, he was healthy and whole, and everything else did not seem important. He teased her about being careful around him – and while she was momentarily confused (had Mikey ever healed her before?), it passed quickly. Of course he would want her to be safe. Her skin tingled where he nipped at her neck and she playfully pushed him away with her head - with no real effort into the motion. “Always my guardian angel.” She repeated again with a grin before promising, more seriously: “I’ll try my hardest.” She certainly had no intention of taking part in dangerous, potentially harmful activities.

Now she pulled back from him, missing the closeness but the heat of the summer replacing his body heat in full force. “Come, I want to explore more of this lake.” There was so much about Helovia she did not yet know – and this lake was beautiful, reminding her of the first time they met. She wanted to go for a swim, but perhaps later in the heat of the afternoon.

Turning away, she waited for him to join her – but could not wait to continue to satisfy the curiosity about him. “Have you met any others since you came here?”

made by the lovely tamme

Outcast
"Oh, Aly." he exclaims sadly, allowing only the briefest of pauses before continuing. "Please try not to worry." Miykael does understand her difficulty, though. He misses his twins (his only children - ever), his father, his mother but with Alysanne nearby and safe - Miykael's loneliness is abated. In her presence, he could not manage to think of anyone else. Perhaps that is what she felt with Aleksandr? No, that is a silly thought. No matter how similar they are, she is not him and he is not her. "I'll tell you what - we'll go back to Nocturne together." and here, a well-timed encouraging smile. "Soon. I promise."

Miykael did not make promises he couldn't keep nor did he ever break the promises that he's made. It is a very serious moment for him to make such promises but he could not stand to see her so torn, so sad. If he could, he'd teleport Arty, as well as Iona and her twins, here to Helovia just to see Aly smile; just to ease her worry. But alas, he could not. The mere thought of his inability to fix it was enough to fill him with melancholy and tear him to pieces. He couldn't stand the thought of not being able to make it better. In fact, it was something that made him endlessly uncomfortable so the subject change was more than welcome. It was welcome to both, it seemed.

'I don’t think there are such things as dryads and demons here. We make a perfect duo – friends that don’t exist.' Her words tickle his ears and ease his soul but it was her laugh that truly soothed him. They were ordinary here, not their true selves and there was some comfort in that. It was as if they had a secret that only they knew. Miykael did not loathe the lack of demons, though. In truth, it made his days easier - less stressful. Miykael remains silent, though, finding no words or reason to break the brief silence between them.

The moment he produced the flower, however, he caught a glimpse of the real Aly. Her laugh, twinkling like bells, and the joy in those bright green eyes. She simply glowed; exuding rays of sunshine from her very being. And it was mesmerizing. "I'm so glad you like it." he smiles, mentally storing the location where he had found them so that he could give her another should she need a little boost of joy. Something told him that he would need that knowledge - at least until they could find time to visit Nocturne.

Miykael sensed Alysanne's brief moment of confusion when he mentioned that his healing abilities were gone. That confusion caused him to pause, to dig through his memories of the past in search of where the memory could have been lost. He hides his confusion well, though, trying desperately to keep it from her. Perhaps leaving Nocturne had changed more than he could have ever dreamed. The dunskin tobiano was relieved when the confusion lifted. 'Always my guardian angel.' she finally said then promptly promised to try her hardest to stay safe. With a satisfied nod, he grinned at her. "Good."

The sweltering heat of summer replaced her warmth when she moved away but her flowery scent remained (and for that he is thankful). Alysanne, it seemed, was eager to explore and though he would miss their closeness he, too, felt a bit restless. So, with humor glinting in his blue eyes, he follows her. "As you wish." he says, making it seem as though he were simply going to walk beside her. Suddenly he darts behind her and throws himself into the fairly warm waters of the crystalline 'lake' - splashing madly, with a careless abandon, along the way and laughing with glee. Miykael stops when the water is almost touching his belly and then he glances back over his shoulder towards Alysanne. Only then does he answer her question, looking rather sheepish, wet, and a tad messy. "I met a couple stallions in the place they call the Threshold, but that's it. How about you? Have you met anyone?" he offers a warm smile, silently adding - "I spent my time searching for you... I didn't care to meet anyone else." But he couldn't bring himself to speak it aloud. No. He couldn't hurt her like that; not when she was already somewhat fragile because of Arty, Iona, and their families. Aly needed only comfort, only warmth; and Miykael would do his best to provide her with those necessities. "Come on in! The water is nice."

m i y k a e l
your eyes, they shine so bright; i wanna save that light

image credits

Sometimes she swore her dear friend could read her mind – perhaps they were just that similar. She knew that eventually she would have to return to Nocturne, for however long. Whether permanently or not, the things there called to her. “Really?” Of course she could not forget that she was not the only one with family back in that land. If only Helovia had been where they had started off. Without the threat of demons, this place was a verifiable haven. “That’s a great idea. I’ll have to let Kahlua know first, of course.” He hadn’t mentioned going right this moment – just soon and she was glad. Although she had more attachments in Nocturne at the moment, she had developed some here as well. She wasn’t entirely ready to leave. Kahlua and Sasha were here and she had already started to make new friends – with Dust, Brisa and Blitzen. She rather hoped to have a chance to see them all again. If they were to leave, and in the chance that they wouldn’t return, she would want to do so before they left.

Though she imagined she wouldn’t be leaving for good. Not while Sasha was here… not while this place was safe.

She could try not to worry, for his sake, but that did not mean the thoughts would not invade her. Busy as she tried to stay with exploring and learning what she could during the day – but at night as she tried to find sleep they always resurfaced. Every night she wished that Arty would be safe, that Iona was happy with her children, that Mikey would find happiness. Well, she knew that Arty and Mikey at least were safe now – but it would be hard to make the worries completely melt away.

Just as she was looking forward to walking around and exploring, as exhaustive as it would be in the heat, Mikey went and did something so completely surprising she paused with her one foreleg still in the half-motion of a step. She cannot recall seeing him so carefree, but perhaps that was what Helovia gave him. He threw himself quick recklessly into the water of the lake – his laughter brighter than the sunshine around them (though certainly less stifling). For a second she was content to just watch him, her chuckle brightening her face. At first she moved slowly, approaching the edge of the water carefully. A couple tender steps were taken into the cool water and she paused with just her forelegs in, closing her eyes and simply enjoying the peace.

But with a laugh she shook her head and charged in, using little grace as she tried her hardest to douse the buckskin stallion with as much water as possible. Once it had settled, she added with a laugh. “You’re right, it’s quite nice.” She moved deeper into the water, the temperature cooling as she walked, until her legs were just touching the bottom. Using her wings to help keep her afloat, it was as she turned around in a circle – half swimming, half walking - she thought back fondly on those she had met so far. “Well, I met a few in the Threshold as well. There was a colt named Dust, and Blitzen was from somewhere called the Windtossed Foothills.” She had no idea where it was, but there were mountains to the north and she imagined they might be around there.

Now facing Mikey properly again, she continued. “Then Kahlua, who brought me to her home in World’s Edge where I’ve been welcomed for as long as I care to be.” If for nothing else, she wanted to linger in Helovia to repay the kindness she had been shown. “They have the most curious names for things, but everyone’s so nice here.”

made by the lovely tamme

Outcast
"Of course!" he readily exclaims without any hesitation. Miykael can easily sense the lack of joy within her, even though she attempted to mask it. Even though she attempted to put on a brave face and make the best of her time here in this new land. When she agreed, his smile brightened - in truth, he felt accomplished now that he had, at least to a certain extent, cheered her up. Though when she mentioned the name Kahlua, however, his heart literally skipped a beat. He, too, had met a Kahlua but her name and face had somehow slipped his mind when Alysanne had asked if he'd met anyone. Could it be possible that they had created such similar bonds and connections? And if they had, how could it be possible that they had only just now found each other? Oh! timing had never been his friend. Time, instead, always seemed to work against him.

Miykael pushed the thoughts aside, keeping his mouth shut about Kahlua for now - there would be time for that later - and refocused his attention on the black and white Pegasus. "I can't possibly let you go alone," he adds, pausing for a moment and then he looks at her with a sly half-smile and a playful glint in his eyes, besides, you'd get lost without me." the words are lightly teasing, despite the truth contained within them. Aly most certainly wasn't the best with directions but the real issue at heart here is that Miykael could not stand the thought of her not being able to find her way back. He could not live here without her; that much is certain. It didn't matter to him what connections he'd made, he would follow her. He would follow her to the ends of the earth. The fact that they were nothing but friends didn't even enter his mind or play any role in his decisions about her.

His spontaneous and rather unusual outburst of charging with reckless abandon into the crisp waters at the heart of the grove was met by a soft, sweet chuckle by Alysanne. When he glanced her way, he saw her simply standing there and watching him. Though it didn't take long for her to delicately and slowly make her way into the lake. It was there that she paused, her front legs only just in the water. As she closed her eyes, he was tempted to charge up and splash her but before he could react, she laughed and with a shake of her beautiful head she too erupted into a reckless and carefree charge. She was running towards him, graceful even when she really wasn't, and he simply braced for the inevitable impact. Within moments the water splashed up, colliding into his side and rainy down upon him.

He was soaked. Thoroughly and completely soaked.

It was all worth it just to hear her laughing again and see that bright smile that had been so troubled just moments ago. With a chuckle, he moves in deeper as well, though rather than swimming he simply stands - submerging himself so that the water rose at least halfway up his sides. He unfurled his large white wings and allowed them to rest upon the waters delicate surface. Blue eyes watch the painted Pegasus, overjoyed to see her so at ease. When she speaks, he listens intently and again she mentions something he's heard before. "Windtossed Foothills?" he asks rhetorically, recognition clear upon his face. "That's where Solace is from. I met him in the Threshold." Miykael adds with a grin.

Alysanne turns to face him then and continues speaking. Kahlua. Again she mentions the name and this time his heart begins to race ever so slightly. World's Edge. The mere mention of the place was enough to make him want to bash his head against something... anything. It was then that it dawned on him that they had been living in the same herd all this time. Yet they hadn't crossed paths, not until now. "Oh, Aly." he murmurs, attempting to regulate his heart through his breathing. This was simply too much. "I live in the World's Edge now, too."
Miykael
Image Credit
table by the lovely Sevin <3

She cannot deny him the joke he makes on the expense of her sense of direction. Birds could migrate across the world, almost every animal could find it’s way to it’s home, but not Alysanne. “Well you’re not wrong.” She responded with a chuckle. “I found this place trying to get back to Nocturne once, who knows where I would end up the second time!” Another land, another potential home, and another distance between her and where she truly wanted to be.

She did not anticipate that it would be difficult to leave Helovia. It was wonderful, that much she could say was true, but could it ever feel like home? Could she grow to love it as much as Kahlua did? It would take time and she was not sure how much time she could devote to staying here to find out. And what if she left and never returned? Faded to nothing but a memory in the minds of those that she had met here. Perhaps it would be a little sad but she rather felt better about the whole idea now that it was decided that she and Mikey would leave.

But that was still off in the future – at least put off for a day, as she would have to find Kahlua first – and right now she was happy to be there, swimming in the beautiful waters with her dearest friend in the world.

She felt rather satisfied with the amount of water she had managed to soak him with – and soaked he was. Any regret over her actions had been dismissed immediately. After all, he did not appear the least bit angry or annoyed. But then, when had she ever seen those two emotions displayed by him? He was as good-natured as she, a foundation that had started their friendship.

And there was an answer she could have given Sasha. She did not need the warmth that was generally associated with relationships from him – she got that elsewhere, platonically. Alysanne wanted for nothing; so complete did those in her life make her feel. Perhaps that was selfish of her, perhaps she was not as kind as she believed herself to be, but it did not seem harmful to get so much joy out of having such friends. She could only hope that she could somehow share that joy with them – that Mikey enjoyed her company as much as she enjoyed his.

But then, he would not be here if he did not!

With their wings floating on the surface of the lake, Alysanne rather fancied that they looked like a pair of patchwork swans. His wings suited the part rather wonderfully but hers – they were more gull-like. A joke, surely, for the gulls seems to be among those birds that spent a great deal of time in flight – while Alysanne was rather the opposite.

Her attention drawn from the daydream as the angelic stallion explained further how similar their beginnings in Helovia had been. They had both met someone from the Foothills! And that wasn’t even the strangest part – he had been living in the very same land as her. Surprise overtook her delight and her eyes widened. “Oh Mikey, really?!” She could not help but laugh, of course. “Isn’t that funny!” They had been so close, probably since a couple days since she had arrived! She did not imagine he had been that far after. “You’re always nearby even when I don’t realize it, aren’t you?” But of course, she had already pegged it: he was her guardian angel!

made by the lovely tamme